[Balin] Lodi - a Lateral Adventure Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - June 2010 » [Balin] Lodi - a Lateral Adventure « Previous Next »

Author Message
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 253
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2010 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My early graduation present. For those of you who don't know, a lateral adventure is similar to a text adventure game, only you give your commands to me. Because I'm new at this, and terrible at giving directions, I'm just gonna copy/paste Gourami's gameplay directions from the "Say My Name" adventure from March 2010.

Gameplay
Since I am a person and not a computer, you donít have to give me any specific types of command. You can examine and pick up basically anything, and through the magic of adventuring, thereís no limit to the amount or weight of things you can carry. If I donít let you do something, itís either because it wonít help you or because you have to do something else first to make it work. When dealing with people, you can either ask them a specific question or just say ďtalk to ________.Ē I wonít describe a room in much depth as you enter, so feel free to look closer.

Enjoy!


You wake up dazed and confused. Opening your eyes, you find that you appear to be inside an old, dark, run-down bar. Against one wall is the bar itself, and a bartender stands behind it. Against the right wall (assuming you're facing the bar) is a pool table. Above the table is a rack for holding pool cues.

The left wall is blank, but there is a curtained-off area in the far-left corner (next to the bar). Behind you is the door.

You sigh. It seems like you'll need all your skills to get out of this place.
Alhucema (Alhucema)
New member
Username: Alhucema

Post Number: 2298
Registered: 11-2008
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2010 - 12:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Great, a lateral adventure!

Try to talk to the bartender.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 256
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2010 - 12:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Great, a lateral adventure!

Try to talk to the bartender. You walk up to the bar. The bartender smiles. "Need anything?"
Alhucema (Alhucema)
New member
Username: Alhucema

Post Number: 2302
Registered: 11-2008
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2010 - 12:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yep, thanks. A double shot of whisky. No ice, please.

And, by the way, can you tell me where I am? Do you have any idea how I got here? Where is the exit?
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1261
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2010 - 12:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I love lateral adventures!

And congratulations on your graduation!! I'm done with finals now, and will be graduating next month. Time for the real world! Ulp. =/

Examine the pool table. Examine the rack. Anything unusual? Are there pool cues? Balls? Examine the bar. Anything unusual?

Describe the bartender.

Are there any customers around? Any other tables/chairs?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 258
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2010 - 12:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yep, thanks. A double shot of whisky. No ice, please. The bartender looks puzzled. "Sorry. I've only got one drink left in this whole place. I'll give it to you, but you have to win it."

And, by the way, can you tell me where I am? "You're in my bar. The town? It's practically a ghost town now. Only a few buildings left, and only one street." Do you have any idea how I got here? "Sorry. Didn't see you until you walked up here." Where is the exit? "To the bar? The same way everyone goes out: the door. But the town?"

He leans closer as he speaks. "To tell you the truth, I've been tryin' to get out of this town for years. We even started buildin' a train track, but it never got finished and everyone just died. If you manage to find a way out, come tell me."

You nod in agreement.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 259
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2010 - 12:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I love lateral adventures!

And congratulations on your graduation!! I'm done with finals now, and will be graduating next month. Time for the real world! Ulp. =/ Thanks! And ditto on the ulp.


Examine the pool table. It's an ordinary green felt pool table. Six pockets and the rest. Examine the rack. It's a wooden rack, typically used for holding pool cues and the like. Anything unusual? Nothing unusual. Are there pool cues? There's a pool cue on the rack. Just the one though. Balls? There are two billiard balls on the table: cue ball and 8 ball. They're in a perfect line with the corner pocket. Examine the bar. Just an ordinary bar. Anything unusual? Only that there are no stools in front of the bar.

Describe the bartender. He's medium height, wearing a button-down shirt and jeans.

Are there any customers around? Any other tables/chairs? The rest of the bar is completely empty.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1262
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2010 - 12:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Aha! Looks like we have to get the 8 ball into the corner pocket! Pick up the pool cue and go for it! Then go up to the bartender and ask if you have won that drink he was talking about.

Oh, I just noticed you're graduating from high school! High school!! And here I was thinking we were both graduating from college. You make me feel old, lol. =(
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 263
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2010 - 6:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Aha! Looks like we have to get the 8 ball into the corner pocket! Yes it does! :D Pick up the pool cue and go for it! You take the cue from the rack, line up your shot, and...the cue ball takes a weird spin. The shot misses by a hair, but the balls bounce around and end up in line with the other corner pocket. On a hunch, you keep the pool cue. Might come in handy. Then go up to the bartender and ask if you have won that drink he was talking about. He smiles. "Not yet. Good shot though. Make the shot, and I'll give you your drink."

Oh, I just noticed you're graduating from high school! High school!! And here I was thinking we were both graduating from college. You make me feel old, lol. =( Don't worry. At least you don't have to go through college again; I've got 4 years coming up. And don't worry, you're definitely not old. =)
Alhucema (Alhucema)
New member
Username: Alhucema

Post Number: 2307
Registered: 11-2008
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2010 - 6:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I say "OK. I don't have a choice, do I? By the way, Mr... what did you say was your name? Do you have any idea what Lodi means?"

I take the cue again and have another try.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 268
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2010 - 7:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I say "OK. I don't have a choice, do I? By the way, Mr... what did you say was your name? Do you have any idea what Lodi means?" "You can call me John. And 'Lodi'? I believe it's a song...about a man...stuck in a nowhere town. The song...is from another place...another time...." His voice trails off.

I take the cue again and have another try. You line up the shot again, but the cue ball keeps taking a weird spin. The shot misses, but the balls end up in the same perfect line towards the corner pocket.

For everyone who's wondering, "Lodi" is a song by Creedence Clearwater Revival about a musician who ends up in a small town in the middle of nowhere, wants to leave, but can't raise the money for fare out of town, so he is "stuck in Lodi again," as the song goes.
It_so_happened (It_so_happened)
New member
Username: It_so_happened

Post Number: 178
Registered: 5-2010
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2010 - 7:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ask bartender, "What's so special about this drink? And what is it anyway?"

Examine the cue ball.
Walk outside.
Biograd (Biograd)
New member
Username: Biograd

Post Number: 772
Registered: 6-2008
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2010 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What if you line up the shot with one of the side pockets? If that doesn't work, try hitting the cue ball at nothing in particular. Does it curve? if so, what direction?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 272
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2010 - 8:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ask bartender, "What's so special about this drink? And what is it anyway?" He scratches his head. "Well, I can't remember the name, but it's quite unique. The man who showed me how to make it said that it was 'from his time' or something like that. And it's quite delicious."

What if you line up the shot with one of the side pockets? If that doesn't work, try hitting the cue ball at nothing in particular. Does it curve? if so, what direction? No matter what you do, the cue ball always spins every which way. And somehow, the two balls always line up in perfect line with a corner pocket. Odd.

Examine the cue ball. Looking at it, you can see that it's an ordinary cue ball. Nothing special about it.
Walk outside. You step outside onto the street, and are immediately almost blinded by the bright sun. Once your sight returns, you look down the street. You can see that there are six buildings total, three on each side of the street. The nearest one to you on the left side is the bar you just came out of. Other than that, there is only desert for miles, although there appears to be a track of some sort going out from behind the far-left building.
Alhucema (Alhucema)
New member
Username: Alhucema

Post Number: 2310
Registered: 11-2008
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2010 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go to the far left building and examine it. Are you still holding the cue?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 277
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2010 - 9:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go to the far left building and examine it. Are you still holding the cue? You walk up to the far-left building. It appears to be a train station, and the train is parked behind it. There's a man standing in front of the station.

And yes, you've still got the pool cue.
Alhucema (Alhucema)
New member
Username: Alhucema

Post Number: 2311
Registered: 11-2008
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2010 - 9:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go to the man and talk to him.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 279
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2010 - 9:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go to the man and talk to him. You approach the man. He turns to you and asks, "You got money?"

"No," you reply.

"Then scram!" he gruffly shouts, before turning away. That didn't go very well.
Alhucema (Alhucema)
New member
Username: Alhucema

Post Number: 2312
Registered: 11-2008
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2010 - 9:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try to hit him over the head with the cue.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 281
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2010 - 9:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try to hit him over the head with the cue. You lift the cue, but you realize that you want to end up talking to him, and do not strike him. Besides, violence is not the answer, especially not in this lateral adventure.
Alhucema (Alhucema)
New member
Username: Alhucema

Post Number: 2313
Registered: 11-2008
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2010 - 9:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Search your pockets.

Examine the building, the train, and the rails.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 282
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2010 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Search your pockets. Empty. Just like a lateral adventure to not let you have anything with you.

Examine the building, the train, and the rails. You approach the building, but as you do, the man asks again, "Money?" Since you have none, you hurry back. From your semi-distant vantage point, here's what you see:

The station is just a roof on posts. No walls, no benches, no ticket booth, no nothing.

The train appears to be a coal-burning train. It's only got a few cars, and of course an engine. The doors to the first car appear to be open just a crack.

The rails are ordinary train rails. However, you can see that they go away from the station and up a hill about a mile away.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1263
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2010 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go back to the bar, and go into the curtained-off area in the far left corner. What do you see?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 284
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2010 - 10:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go back to the bar, and go into the curtained-off area in the far left corner. What do you see? You slide back the curtain, and see what appears to be an old dunk tank.
Alhucema (Alhucema)
New member
Username: Alhucema

Post Number: 2318
Registered: 11-2008
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 9:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Inspect the tank.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 298
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 11:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Inspect the tank. You take a close look at the tank. It consists of a tank of water, with a large, creepy clown doll sitting on a platform above the tank. The platform is rigged to a small metal target set in a wall to the side of the tank such that, if the target is hit, the platform drops and the clown falls in the water. There's a small area below the target, apparently for dispensing a prize. Basically, it's your average dunk tank, although you've never seen a prize dispensal on one of these before.
Alhucema (Alhucema)
New member
Username: Alhucema

Post Number: 2331
Registered: 11-2008
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 1:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try to hit the target. Perhaps with the cue you are holding.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 311
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 9:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try to hit the target. Perhaps with the cue you are holding. You think about it, but you enjoy dunk tanks, and know you need to throw a softball or something similar at the target to dunk the clown. It's fun! So, you don't use the cue.
It_so_happened (It_so_happened)
New member
Username: It_so_happened

Post Number: 188
Registered: 5-2010
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 9:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just hit the 8-ball into the corner pocket without the cue.
Ask bartender about dunk tank.
Go outside to examine the other buildings.
Alhucema (Alhucema)
New member
Username: Alhucema

Post Number: 2335
Registered: 11-2008
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 9:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try to take the ball and hit the target with it.
Examine the doll.
Talk to the doll.
Hominid (Hominid)
New member
Username: Hominid

Post Number: 235
Registered: 1-2010
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 9:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ask the bartender for money.
Examine the floor of the bar.
Ask the bartender where, geographically, you are.
Also, ask the bartender what year it is.
Go outside and follow railroad tracks.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 314
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 9:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try to take the ball and hit the target with it. You need the cue ball to make the corner pocket. So until then, the ball stays where it is.
Examine the doll. It's a creepy clown doll. Stuffed. There's a string tied to it that apparently releases the prize dispenser once the doll falls in the tank.
Talk to the doll. "Er, hi?" It doesn't answer, just stares at you with that creepy clown stare. Freaky.

Just hit the 8-ball into the corner pocket without the cue. That's cheating! And you want to win this drink fair and square. Besides, the bartender would not likely approve.
Ask bartender about dunk tank. "Oh, that?" he says. "That was a popular little game for some of the patrons to play. Unfortunately, the clown creeped everyone out, and people stopped playing. It still works, I think."
Go outside to examine the other buildings. You step outside and walk around, seeing what the other buildings are. Between the bar and train station is an old jail. On the right side of the street, from near to far, are a schoolhouse, post office, and hospital. All appear to be old and run-down.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 315
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 9:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ask the bartender for money. He shrugs. "Sorry. No business, you see? I'm flat broke."
Examine the floor of the bar. It's made of polished wood. Unfortunately, the polish is pretty scuffed up.
Ask the bartender where, geographically, you are. He thinks. "You know, I can't really tell you. It's been so long, even I can't remember."
Also, ask the bartender what year it is. Again, he shrugs. "Can't remember. There's a calendar somewhere around this town, though."
Go outside and follow railroad tracks. You approach the tracks, but the man at the station turns to you with that familiar look. Before he can even say, "Money?" you scamper back. You can still see that the tracks seem to go up a hill in the distance.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1264
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 10:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Enter jail. Describe your surroundings.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 318
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 10:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Enter jail. Describe your surroundings. You walk up to the jail door and pull on the handle. It doesn't open. Looking at the handle, you see that the door is chained shut, and the very rusty chain is held shut by a very large, very rusty padlock. Nuts.
It_so_happened (It_so_happened)
New member
Username: It_so_happened

Post Number: 189
Registered: 5-2010
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go to the schoolhouse and check it out.
Then do the same with the post office and the hospital.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 319
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 10:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go to the schoolhouse and check it out. You look at the dilapidated school house. Locked. But this door is different from the others, as it has a decent-sized window set in the door. Classy.
Then do the same with the post office and the hospital. Post office: locked. Hospital: locked. But as you tug at the door, a voice calls out from inside: "No visitors! I've barricaded the door!"

You step back and notice that the hinges are on the outside of the door. Must be a pretty lame barricade.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1265
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Peep into the window of the school house. Can you smash it with the pool cue?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 321
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 10:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Peep into the window of the school house. Through this window, the inside of the schoolhouse - a teacher's desk and a chalkboard - seems magnified. Can you smash it with the pool cue? It looks very well like you can.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1266
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 10:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Let's smash the window, then climb inside. Be careful!
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 326
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 3:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Let's smash the window, then climb inside. Be careful! You grip the pool cue tightly, give thanks that there are no police in this town, then swing its back end into the window. It shatters with a mighty CRASH!

You try to climb in, but can only fit your head and arm in before you'd either get stuck, or get really cut up. Especially since there are now a bunch of tiny glass shards on the floor just inside the door. And one medium-sized shard.

You pull your head and arm back out, but not before noticing that the door has been locked from the inside, and doesn't require a key. That's new.
It_so_happened (It_so_happened)
New member
Username: It_so_happened

Post Number: 193
Registered: 5-2010
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 3:35 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can I reach the lock?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 329
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 3:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can I reach the lock? You most definitely, and easily, can.
Vadron (Vadron)
New member
Username: Vadron

Post Number: 48
Registered: 5-2010
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 5:24 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Then unlock the door and go in!
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 331
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 5:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Then unlock the door and go in! You reach through the broken window and unlock the door from the inside. Pulling it open, you step inside, gingerly avoiding the broken glass on the floor.

As you saw earlier, there's a chalkboard on the far wall, and a teacher's desk in the far-left corner. The rest of the room is empty.
Noel (Noel)
New member
Username: Noel

Post Number: 1754
Registered: 7-2009
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 6:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you pick up the medium sized glass shard? If so, pick it up and take it with you.

Examine the teacher's desk. Is there anything on it? Is there anything in the drawers?

Is anything written on the chalkboard? If so, what?

Back to the bar...
Can you ask the bartender to describe the drink to you? What are the ingredients? How did he make it?

Go back to the pool game.
Try using the 8 ball to hit the cue ball in.
Try using the cue stick to hit the air next to the cue ball (act like you're hitting it, but don't actually touch the ball).
Try using the back end of the cue stick instead of the front.
Try using the cue stick, but pulling it backwards from the cue ball instead of hitting the ball with it.
Try hitting the cue ball in the exact opposite direction from the 8 ball.

Try hitting the cue ball directly into a pocket (scratching). If you were playing ordinary pool, that would make it the next person's turn, and allow them some freedom of where to put the cue to take their shot. Can you scratch? If so, can you put the cue ball where you want it to take another shot?

If none of those ideas work, ask the bartender about the pool table. Does it have a unique history? Does he have any tips for you?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 337
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 2:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you pick up the medium sized glass shard? You certainly can. If so, pick it up and take it with you. Carefully, you reach down and pick up the glass shard. It's pretty sharp, and it acts a bit like a magnifying glass. But only slightly.

Examine the teacher's desk. It's a big desk, with four drawers and a big open space underneath it. Kind of like the Resolute desks. Is there anything on it? Nothing on top of it.Is there anything in the drawers? Nada.

Is anything written on the chalkboard? If so, what? The chalkboard is completely blank. Not even the little tray below the chalkboard (you know, the one where teachers keep chalk and erasers) has dust on it. It does have a piece of chalk, though. Sitting there. All by its lonesome.

Back to the bar... You walk across the street and hop back in the bar.
Can you ask the bartender to describe the drink to you? You ask him. "Sure. What do you want to know?" What are the ingredients? "Let's see. The man who gave it to me said it had tequila, lime juice, and...triple sec, I think. Oh, and ice. Salt, too." How did he make it? "Actually, I didn't. The man gave me two that were already made. Told me how to make more. But soon afterward, everything died off. I drank one for myself. Been saving this one for a good time. And as far as I can tell, this is as good a time as any."

Go back to the pool game. You walk back over to the darn pool table.
Try using the 8 ball to hit the cue ball in. That's not how pool works, and you know it.
Try using the cue stick to hit the air next to the cue ball (act like you're hitting it, but don't actually touch the ball). You miss the ball completely. Figures.
Try using the back end of the cue stick instead of the front. The cue ball bounces off at a crazy angle and doesn't even hit the 8 ball. But, as usual, it ends up in perfect line with it.
Try using the cue stick, but pulling it backwards from the cue ball instead of hitting the ball with it. You don't hit the ball with the cue. As would normally be expected, the ball doesn't move.
Try hitting the cue ball in the exact opposite direction from the 8 ball. Weird spin, perfect line. This is getting to be routine.

Try hitting the cue ball directly into a pocket (scratching). If you were playing ordinary pool, that would make it the next person's turn, and allow them some freedom of where to put the cue to take their shot. Can you scratch? You try scratching, but the ball keeps taking a weird spin. If so, can you put the cue ball where you want it to take another shot? Cheating is not the answer.

If none of those ideas work, ask the bartender about the pool table. You head back to the bar and pose the question. The bartender simply says, "Came with the bar when I bought it." Does it have a unique history? "Not as far as I know." Does he have any tips for you? Smiling, the bartender replies, "Yes, as a matter of fact. I have three. One, you're making things way too complicated. Two, you're blaming the wrong thing for your problems. And three, you haven't done something basic."

You look puzzled. "But how is that supposed to help me?" you ask.

Still smiling, the bartender replies, "It's really simple. You'll figure it out."
It_so_happened (It_so_happened)
New member
Username: It_so_happened

Post Number: 195
Registered: 5-2010
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 3:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Get the chalk from the schoolhouse, put it on the pool stick, and take another shot.
Galfisk (Galfisk)
New member
Username: Galfisk

Post Number: 2015
Registered: 9-2009
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is is sunny outside? If so, see if you can set fire to something (a convenient dry leaf, wood splinter, or scrap of paper) with the window shard. Being able to burn stuff may come in handy! Ask the bartender if the pool balls are made of celluloid.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 338
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 3:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Get the chalk from the schoolhouse, put it on the pool stick, and take another shot. You do so. This time, the cue ball goes straight and true, knocking the 8 ball directly into the corner pocket. The cue ball rolls to rest in the center of the table. "Can it really be that simple?" you ask yourself. Proud of that National Treasure reference, you watch as something shiny slides into the ball return slot.

Is is sunny outside? It is very bright and sunny. In fact, it almost blinded you the first time you step outside. If so, see if you can set fire to something (a convenient dry leaf, wood splinter, or scrap of paper) with the window shard. You look for anything convenient to set on fire. Unfortunately, there are no stray leaves, splinters, or pieces of paper in sight. Drat. Being able to burn stuff may come in handy! I'm sure it will! Ask the bartender if the pool balls are made of celluloid. He shrugs. "I think they're ivory."
It_so_happened (It_so_happened)
New member
Username: It_so_happened

Post Number: 196
Registered: 5-2010
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, take the shiny thingy already!
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1271
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ask the bartender for your prize.
Is the shiny thingy a ball of some sort? If so, use it to hit the target of the dunk tank. If it's a key, try using it to unlock the jail, hospital and post office.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 339
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 4:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, take the shiny thingy already! You stick your hand into the ball return slot and pick up a silver key. It must have been dislodged by the 8 ball.

Ask the bartender for your prize. He reaches down under the bar and pulls out...a margarita. Yes, that's right, a margarita. Complete with salt on the rim and everything. "Here you are. Nice work." You take the drink.
Is the shiny thingy a ball of some sort? If so, use it to hit the target of the dunk tank. If it's a key, try using it to unlock the jail, hospital and post office. You first try the jail, but find that the rusty padlock is so rusty that the keyhole is full of rust. You're never fitting a key in there.

You try the hospital door next. No dice.

In sheer desperation, you stick the silver key in the post office door and turn it. Success! The door swings open.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 340
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 4:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And apologies for the long delay in between posts. My sister has me helping her with a project, so I have to go back and forth between here and there.
It_so_happened (It_so_happened)
New member
Username: It_so_happened

Post Number: 198
Registered: 5-2010
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 4:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Take a gander at the prison.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1272
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 4:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nice! Enter the post office and describe your surroundings.
It_so_happened (It_so_happened)
New member
Username: It_so_happened

Post Number: 199
Registered: 5-2010
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 4:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Post office, right. Whichever one it was. =P
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1273
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, and also, now that we've won at pool, try using the cue or 8 ball to hit the target of the dunk tank.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 342
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 4:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Take a gander at the prison. Looks like a prison.

Nice! Enter the post office and describe your surroundings. There's not much to this post office. There's a counter, of course, and a man standing behind the counter. Behind him is a wall of safety deposit boxes. On the left wall is an old wall calendar.

Post office, right. Whichever one it was. =P Eh, close enough.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 343
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, and also, now that we've won at pool, try using the cue or 8 ball to hit the target of the dunk tank. The 8 ball is lost in the inner workings of the pool table, but the cue ball is just sitting there. You take it over to the dunk tank, but realize that the ivory cue ball would probably break the target. You need something a little less heavy. But you keep the cue ball.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1276
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 4:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Head back to the post office and speak to the man behind the counter. Ask him for his name, what he does, and how to get out of town. Maybe ask him to open the safety deposit boxes? Ask him for some money too.
Check out the calendar. What day/month/year is it?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 347
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Head back to the post office and speak to the man behind the counter. Ask him for his name, what he does, and how to get out of town. The man scratches his head. "My name? I can't remember my name. I wish I could. I've been trying to contact my son so he could tell me my name. He called me once...."

You tap his shoulder. He seems to snap out of it. "Ah yes. My job? Well, I'm not a postman, that's for sure. I'm not sure why I'm even here. I was a fireman once, but not now."

"Here?" you ask.

He replies, "Well, this post office. But the town, too. I don't even know where I am or how I ended up here."

Maybe ask him to open the safety deposit boxes? "As far as I can tell, they need keys to open. Each key has a number to match the box. Find the key, and I'll open the box." Ask him for some money too. He searches his pockets. "I don't have any. Sorry."
Check out the calendar. What day/month/year is it? According to the calendar, it's August 22, 1891. That can't be good!
It_so_happened (It_so_happened)
New member
Username: It_so_happened

Post Number: 203
Registered: 5-2010
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 5:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Offer the train station guy the margarita.
Try a little of the margarita myself.
Rub some margarita on the rusty padlock and try the same key on that.
Knock on the hospital door and try to talk to barricaded man about what his problem is.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1278
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 5:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Maybe offer the hospital man the margarita too. =P
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 352
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Offer the train station guy the margarita. He stares you down. "Money!" I guess that didn't work.
Try a little of the margarita myself. You're not thirsty.
Rub some margarita on the rusty padlock and try the same key on that. You dip your finger in the margarita and rub it on the lock. Still really rusty.
Knock on the hospital door and try to talk to barricaded man about what his problem is. You knock, and hear the same voice: "No visitors! I'm busy working!"
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 353
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 5:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Maybe offer the hospital man the margarita too. =P "No visitors!" I guess he's not thirsty either.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1280
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 5:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the key to the post office have a number on it, by any chance? Ask the ex-fireman for a ball. Offer him the drink.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 356
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 5:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the key to the post office have a number on it, by any chance? You look. It doesn't seem to have any markings on it. Ask the ex-fireman for a ball. "Sorry. I don't have one. I do love baseball though. You know, during the '69 Series...." You hold up a hand. "Sorry again. Got a bit carried away there." Offer him the drink. "No thanks. I'm not thirsty." Is anyone thirsty in this town?
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1282
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 5:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How secure is this chain and lock on the jail? Try breaking it with the cue ball? Try setting it on fire with the glass shard? Long shot, but I'm desperate. =)

Yell to the hospital guy, "I'm really ill! I'll die if I don't make it to a hospital! Help!
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 360
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How secure is this chain and lock on the jail? It's secure, but really rusty. Try breaking it with the cue ball? In desperation, you grip the cue ball and whack the lock a few times with it. Surprisingly, your desperation pays off, as the lock shatters and falls, the chain slipping off the handles along with it. Try setting it on fire with the glass shard? No longer necessary. Long shot, but I'm desperate. =) Long shot pays off!

Yell to the hospital guy, "I'm really ill! I'll die if I don't make it to a hospital! Help! "No visitors!" That clearly had no effect.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1284
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 6:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What a horrible guy! I'll be sure to cut him with the glass when we finally get inside the hospital. =P

Great news about the jail! Enter and describe, please!
Hominid (Hominid)
New member
Username: Hominid

Post Number: 237
Registered: 1-2010
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 8:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Describe calendar.
Ask post office man for money.
If that doesn't work, try selling him the cue ball.
Describe surrounding hills.
Where does street go?
Write the Cyrillic alphabet backwards on the chalkboard.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 366
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 10:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What a horrible guy! I'll be sure to cut him with the glass when we finally get inside the hospital. =P Oh, you might not want to do that. He might just be overstressed and overworked....And violence is still not the answer.

Great news about the jail! Enter and describe, please! You heave open the jail doors and walk inside. There are three locked cells, but only the left one is occupied. A large Indian sits on its barren floor, light streaming in from the small window towards the top of the back wall of his cell.

Describe calendar. It's a basic wall calendar. You know, landscape picture on the top half, month and date below. Today's date is circled.
Ask post office man for money. He stares. "I thought I already told you, I'm broke."
If that doesn't work, try selling him the cue ball. "Don't you understand the meaning of 'broke'?" he asks, before handing the ball back to you.
Describe surrounding hills. There's exactly one hill, and as such, it can't really surround much. It's a few hundred feet high. You can see that the train track goes up to the top, but can't see beyond that.
Where does street go? The street goes a few feet beyond the bar on the near side and stops just past the train station. Thus, it goes nowhere.
Write the Cyrillic alphabet backwards on the chalkboard. You're out of chalk, as the piece wasn't very big, and you used it all to chalk the cue. Not to mention that you don't know the Cyrillic alphabet, except that it was a clue in an Agatha Christie book.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1287
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 10:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Speak to the Indian in the cell. Ask him how he got there, and what he will do for you if you figure out how to get him out. Ask him if he can give you money, and if he has a ball. Offer him the drink.

Try to enter all the cells. Will the cue ball be able to break the locks? If not, peep through the bars and describe. Inspect the floor of the cells. Anything interesting?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 373
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 11:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Speak to the Indian in the cell. You approach the Indian, who stares at you. "Hi?" you nervously ask. He just stares. Ask him how he got there, and what he will do for you if you figure out how to get him out. Staring. Ask him if he can give you money, and if he has a ball. Still staring. Offer him the drink. If this is a staring contest, he's winning.

Try to enter all the cells. They're all locked. Will the cue ball be able to break the locks? Nope. These locks are typical jail door locks: set in the doors. If not, peep through the bars and describe. The cells are all the same: barren floor, rock walls, window. Well, the windows are not all the same. They all have bars, but the one above the Indian has a pane of glass set in it as well. Inspect the floor of the cells. Barren rock. Anything interesting? Not unless you find barren rock interesting.
Biograd (Biograd)
New member
Username: Biograd

Post Number: 777
Registered: 6-2008
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 11:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the Indian appear to be thirsty? If so, are the spaces between the bars of the jail cell wide enough to pass the margarita through?
Biograd (Biograd)
New member
Username: Biograd

Post Number: 778
Registered: 6-2008
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 11:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, and if that doesn't work, will he take the pool cue from you if you stick the end into his cell? Maybe he can use it to escape somehow.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 377
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 11:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the Indian appear to be thirsty? You can't tell. He's still winning the staring contest. If so, are the spaces between the bars of the jail cell wide enough to pass the margarita through? They appear to be. You check, and find that you can fit your whole arm through.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 378
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2010 - 12:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, and if that doesn't work, will he take the pool cue from you if you stick the end into his cell? You try. He stares. Maybe this isn't what he wants. Maybe he can use it to escape somehow. Maybe. You're not sure right now, though.
It_so_happened (It_so_happened)
New member
Username: It_so_happened

Post Number: 215
Registered: 5-2010
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2010 - 12:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Stare the guy down until he blinks or looks away.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1289
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2010 - 12:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is he close enough for you to touch him? If so, pat him a bit and see how he responds.

Or try using the post office key to get into his cell?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 380
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2010 - 12:21 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Stare the guy down until he blinks or looks away. You stare him down. You blink. You stare him down again. You blink. You stop staring at him. He blinks eventually, then keeps staring.

Is he close enough for you to touch him? You strain and strain, but can't reach him. If so, pat him a bit and see how he responds. He'd probably be staring at you. Like he is now.

Or try using the post office key to get into his cell? You stick the key in the lock. It doesn't fit.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1291
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2010 - 12:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmmm... just a thought. There's sunlight streaming in from the window, right? Could we possibly use the glass and the sun to make a flaming margarita? Maybe this will impress the staring dude.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 382
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2010 - 12:46 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmmm... just a thought. There's sunlight streaming in from the window, right? Right. There's plenty more outside, though. Could we possibly use the glass and the sun to make a flaming margarita? You think about it, but do not do this for two reasons: One, you can't reach the sunlight in the jail, as it's confined to inside the cell. And two, you really don't want to be holding a glass full of fire. Maybe this will impress the staring dude. Maybe it would. But we're not going to find out.

Good thought, though - remember it for later.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1293
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2010 - 12:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm giving up on the jail, let's go to the unfriendly hospital. Since he keeps shouting, "No visitors", maybe tell him you're not a visitor? That you work there and are going to help him?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 385
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2010 - 12:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm giving up on the jail, let's go to the unfriendly hospital. Sounds like a plan to me. Since he keeps shouting, "No visitors", maybe tell him you're not a visitor? That you work there and are going to help him? "I'm the only one who works here! No visitors!"

You sigh and turn away, but then that voice comes back.

"But...you say you can help me? OK, you can come in, but the door's locked! And I wedged a plank under the handle! It's stuck tight!"

You note, again, that the hinges are on the outside. It seems that simply unlocking the door will suffice.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1295
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2010 - 1:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Take the hinge pins out, and we should be able to lift the door off its hinges without unlocking it, right? I hear that's what burglars do...
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 387
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2010 - 1:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Take the hinge pins out, and we should be able to lift the door off its hinges without unlocking it, right? The hinge pins are stuck firmly in the door. No chance of removing them; you need to find the key. I hear that's what burglars do... Yes, they do. But you're not a burglar. On second thought, you are. (Schoolhouse, remember?)
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1297
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2010 - 1:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go to the post office and examine the counter. Is there anything on it? Look on the floor. Ask the man if he knows where one might find keys. Or balls.
Oh and go to the jail and keep the broken lock and chain. Might come in handy!

Inventory:
Cue ball
Pool cue
Post office key
Glass shard/magnifying glass
Margarita
Lock and chain

Have I missed anything?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 390
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2010 - 1:41 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go to the post office and examine the counter. It's an ordinary wooden counter. Is there anything on it? Nope. Look on the floor. Nothing at all. Ask the man if he knows where one might find keys. Or balls. He looks at you. "Look, I'm sorry, but I don't know where I am either, or how I got here. I just want out." Suddenly, his expression changes to one of deep thought. "Although, balls...baseball...my life changed during the '69 Series..."

You cut him off with a snap of the fingers. His gaze returns to normal. "Sorry. Lost in thought."


Oh and go to the jail and keep the broken lock and chain. Might come in handy! You haul up the rusty lock and chain. It's fairly heavy, but this is an adventure, and you can carry pretty much anything. You manage to lug it around.

Inventory:
Cue ball
Pool cue
Post office key
Glass shard/magnifying glass
Margarita
Lock and chain

Have I missed anything? Nope. That seems good.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1301
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2010 - 1:56 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try going back to the bar, and asking the barman if he has any keys, or balls. Ask him if he knows anything about the man at the post office. Did he use to be a baseball player? Maybe we can show the barman the flaming margarita?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 393
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2010 - 2:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try going back to the bar, and asking the barman if he has any keys, or balls. "Sorry, no. I know our old doctor used to hide the hospital key somewhere inside somewhere...what was the word he used?" He scratches his head, before suddenly brightening. "Resolute! That's it, he hid his key somewhere resolute. No one understood that guy." Ask him if he knows anything about the man at the post office. He thinks. "I don't know anything about him. Wait...there's a man at the post office? I thought I was the only one in this town...odd." Did he use to be a baseball player? "Him? I don't know. Me? No, but I do know a song about baseball. I love baseball! In fact, I used to have an old baseball around here, but I lost it." Maybe we can show the barman the flaming margarita? But you didn't set the margarita on fire. That whole holding-a-flaming-glass thing doesn't really appeal to you.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1304
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2010 - 3:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is there anything else behind the curtain besides the dunk tank? Look around the bar for the baseball. Any luck? Try looking in the street.

He hid his key somewhere resolute...resolute...I'll have to think about this one. =)
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 396
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2010 - 3:50 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is there anything else behind the curtain besides the dunk tank? Nothing. Not even a dust mite. Which is good, because dust mites are creepy. Look around the bar for the baseball. Any luck? None whatsoever. Try looking in the street. The street is as empty as...shoot, I can't think of something funny to say. Drat. In any case, it's not there.

He hid his key somewhere resolute...resolute...I'll have to think about this one. =) You may not have to think too hard...it may be right in front of you. =)
Ohlala8 (Ohlala8)
New member
Username: Ohlala8

Post Number: 534
Registered: 6-2009
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2010 - 4:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Make sure there's nothing at the bottom of your margarita glass.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 397
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2010 - 4:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Make sure there's nothing at the bottom of your margarita glass. You lift the glass above your head and look up at it, being careful not to douse yourself with it. There's nothing there.
Vadron (Vadron)
New member
Username: Vadron

Post Number: 51
Registered: 5-2010
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2010 - 7:21 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try walking out of the town. (I realise there's just desert out there, but it wouldn't hurt to go just a little way.)
Ohlala8 (Ohlala8)
New member
Username: Ohlala8

Post Number: 535
Registered: 6-2009
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2010 - 8:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey, that Indian's pretty resolute. Have we already tried asking him about a key?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 401
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2010 - 1:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try walking out of the town. (I realise there's just desert out there, but it wouldn't hurt to go just a little way.) You walk out of town a short ways. It's blazing hot, and there's nothing else to see. So you go back to town.

Hey, that Indian's pretty resolute. Have we already tried asking him about a key? You walk back to the jail and ask the Indian about the key. As usual, he stares.
Hominid (Hominid)
New member
Username: Hominid

Post Number: 238
Registered: 1-2010
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2010 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Describe the Indian. Ask everyone we've met so far about him. Also ask everyone if they speak any Native American languages. Poke the Indian with the cue, if that's possible.
Ask the post office man what he remembers about the '69 series.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 410
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2010 - 11:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Describe the Indian. He's sitting cross-legged on the floor. Long black hair, really big and muscular. And staring. Ask everyone we've met so far about him. You do so. For some reason, no one knows anything about him. The bartender adds, "I didn't know there was even anyone else in this town!" Also ask everyone if they speak any Native American languages. You go around, asking the bartender and post office guy if they speak these languages. They don't. Poke the Indian with the cue, if that's possible. He keeps staring. Maybe he wants something.
Ask the post office man what he remembers about the '69 series. "Well, my son somehow got a hold of me from the future, and told me that I was going to die tomorrow. I didn't believe him, until he told me exactly what happened in the next game. Then there was this serial killer....Right now, the details are kind of fuzzy. Maybe it would help if you could tell me my name?
Alhucema (Alhucema)
New member
Username: Alhucema

Post Number: 2357
Registered: 11-2008
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2010 - 11:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go back to the bar and offer the margarita to the bartender.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 413
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Sunday, June 06, 2010 - 12:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go back to the bar and offer the margarita to the bartender. You do so. He holds up a hand. "No thanks. You won it, fair and square."
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 425
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Sunday, June 06, 2010 - 5:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Feel free to use Google and ask the bartender for hints if you need to.
Alhucema (Alhucema)
New member
Username: Alhucema

Post Number: 2362
Registered: 11-2008
Posted on Sunday, June 06, 2010 - 6:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bartender, can you please give me some hints? :-))
Vadron (Vadron)
New member
Username: Vadron

Post Number: 52
Registered: 5-2010
Posted on Sunday, June 06, 2010 - 9:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No, wait! Bartender, nevermind that.

Go over to the post office man and say "Your name is Frank Sullivan."
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1311
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Sunday, June 06, 2010 - 9:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Isn't Frank Sullivan a little young? It's 1891...
Hominid (Hominid)
New member
Username: Hominid

Post Number: 240
Registered: 1-2010
Posted on Sunday, June 06, 2010 - 10:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ask everyone if they speak Spanish, French, Russian, Swedish, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese and/or Latvian.
Samurai776 (Samurai776)
New member
Username: Samurai776

Post Number: 2
Registered: 6-2010
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2010 - 1:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go back to the schoolhouse and examine the desk.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 433
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2010 - 3:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bartender, can you please give me some hints? :-)) You go over to him, but...

No, wait! Bartender, nevermind that. ...change your mind.

Go over to the post office man and say "Your name is Frank Sullivan." His eyes brighten. "Ah, yes, that's it!" he shouts. "It's all coming back to me now. Yes...I was at home, and then a man, and a blue light...and then I was here."

"And your son?" you ask.

He thinks. "Yes, well, I've been trying to contact him over this," he says, holding up a handheld CB radio. "I don't have my HAM radio, but I'm hoping this will work. You know, since I haven't had any luck, maybe you can get a hold of him." Frank tosses the CB over the counter, and you deftly catch it.


Isn't Frank Sullivan a little young? It's 1891... Apparently, you're not the only one who's wound up back in time....

Ask everyone if they speak Spanish, French, Russian, Swedish, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese and/or Latvian. You do. They don't.

Go back to the schoolhouse and examine the desk. You do so. It has 4 drawers across the top, and nothing on top of it.

Sighing, you lean on the desk. Surprisingly, you feel something scratched on the underside of the desk.

Personal note: Nice job for getting the Frequency clue so quickly. I honestly expected the hospital to be figured out first.
Biograd (Biograd)
New member
Username: Biograd

Post Number: 783
Registered: 6-2008
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2010 - 3:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Look at the underside of the desk? Does it have words? symbols?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 437
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2010 - 3:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Look at the underside of the desk? Does it have words? symbols? You lie down and slide under the desk. The letters "MMCDLXXIV" are scratched into the wood.
Vadron (Vadron)
New member
Username: Vadron

Post Number: 55
Registered: 5-2010
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2010 - 3:39 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So, could the others have wound up back in time too? Ask the bartender about his past. Do the same with the hospital man.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 438
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2010 - 3:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So, could the others have wound up back in time too? Oh, they very well could have. Ask the bartender about his past. "I've lived here for a couple years now. Didn't even know there was anyone else here." Do the same with the hospital man. "You'll have to come in if you want to talk, I'm sorry, I'm busy!"
Ohlala8 (Ohlala8)
New member
Username: Ohlala8

Post Number: 537
Registered: 6-2009
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2010 - 7:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh hey, I loved Frequency! If this is the past... can we communicate with the son like in the movie? Try using your glass shard to carve something on the post office counter, and if that doesn't work, the schoolhouse desk - if it works, write "John, use the CB"

Also, I assume that's Roman numerals - can anyone think of a context for the number 2,474?
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1312
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2010 - 11:50 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, I see, I thought he meant Frank Sullivan the baseball player. I've never even heard of the movie Frequency till now! Do I need to know it? I'll read the plot on Wikipedia... =P

Try putting the CB in one of the drawers, and close it. Wait a bit, then open it again. Not sure what I'm trying to achieve here, but something might happen, I hope!
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 440
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2010 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh hey, I loved Frequency! Me too! If this is the past... can we communicate with the son like in the movie? It's quite probable.... Try using your glass shard to carve something on the post office counter, and if that doesn't work, the schoolhouse desk - if it works, write "John, use the CB" It doesn't work. Good try though.

Also, I assume that's Roman numerals - can anyone think of a context for the number 2,474? It's probably a combination to something. Ask the bartender if you want hints.

Oh, I see, I thought he meant Frank Sullivan the baseball player. I've never even heard of the movie Frequency till now! Do I need to know it? I'll read the plot on Wikipedia... =P All you need to know right now is that you can contact John (his son) over the CB radio. There will be another bit of plot info relevant later. And it's a good movie. You should watch it sometime.


Try putting the CB in one of the drawers, and close it. Wait a bit, then open it again. Not sure what I'm trying to achieve here, but something might happen, I hope! Nothing happens with the CB, and you take it back out of the drawer. However, you notice that the digits from 0-9 are stamped, evenly spaced, into the - shoot, how do I word this - "top part of the sides" of the drawer.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1313
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2010 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Interesting. Erm...press 2, 4, 7, 4? Or carve a notch in those digits with the shard? Could you examine the CB radio for me, and describe any dials/knobs/buttons etc?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 442
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2010 - 2:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Interesting. Erm...press 2, 4, 7, 4? The numbers do not press. Or carve a notch in those digits with the shard? The wood is too thick for this. Could you examine the CB radio for me, and describe any dials/knobs/buttons etc? It's smallish and gray. There's a power button, a screen for showing which channel, a speaker, a headphone jack, and a dial for changing CB channels. (Sorry for the crude description - I don't know very much about CBs.)
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1314
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2010 - 2:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Push the power button. Hear anything? Say, "hello, John." Is there a channel 2474, by any chance? I probably know even less about CB radios than you do...

Does the sunlight stream into the room? Try setting fire to the digits in the order 2474. I seem to be trying to set lots of things on fire. I must be a closet pyromaniac!
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 443
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2010 - 2:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Push the power button. You push the power button and the CB crackles to life. Hear anything? Static. Say, "hello, John." No response. Is there a channel 2474, by any chance? I probably know even less about CB radios than you do... There are 40 channels. And no, you don't want to randomly try all of them.

Does the sunlight stream into the room? Nope. Try setting fire to the digits in the order 2474. The wood is dark and polished. It wouldn't work anyway. Thinking about it, you realize you've only checked one drawer.... I seem to be trying to set lots of things on fire. I must be a closet pyromaniac! It's all right, I'm definitely a closet pyro!
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1315
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2010 - 3:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh yeah, let's check all the drawers!!
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 444
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2010 - 3:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh yeah, let's check all the drawers!! All four drawers have the same numerical markings on them. Hmmm...
Biograd (Biograd)
New member
Username: Biograd

Post Number: 786
Registered: 6-2008
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2010 - 6:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If there is enough light in the room to cast a shadow, try pulling out the drawers by different amounts such that the shadow cast by the edge of the wood above the drawer openings falls across the numbers 2, 4, 7, and 4, in that order.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 452
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2010 - 6:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If there is enough light in the room to cast a shadow, try pulling out the drawers by different amounts such that the shadow cast by the edge of the wood above the drawer openings falls across the numbers 2, 4, 7, and 4, in that order. There's just enough light for a shadow, and you do so. Suddenly, you hear a click, and a secret panel on the right side of the desk opens.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1316
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2010 - 7:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Omg! Examine secret panel.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 455
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2010 - 7:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Omg! Examine secret panel. You pull open the panel door. There's a piece of paper glued to the inside of the cabinet, and something is written on it.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1317
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2010 - 7:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Take the paper, and examine it. How exciting!
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 456
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2010 - 7:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Take the paper, and examine it. How exciting! You try to take the paper, but it is glued to the inside of the panel. After trying to peel it off for a few minutes without success, you decide to simply read it. It says: "for case get INPUT day when benny started". You begin to ponder: why is INPUT in all caps and large letters? And who is Benny? And, for that matter, why is the paper bulging where it says INPUT?
Hominid (Hominid)
New member
Username: Hominid

Post Number: 241
Registered: 1-2010
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2010 - 8:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ask everyone who Benny is.
Set fire to the lock/chain on the hospital.
Stick the pool cue into the hospital, if that's possible.
Turn on the radio in front of the Indian and see if he moves.
Look everywhere for a case.
(I'm assuming that Benny isn't a character from Frequency because he isn't mentioned on the film's Wikipedia article.)
Vadron (Vadron)
New member
Username: Vadron

Post Number: 56
Registered: 5-2010
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2010 - 8:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try ripping the paper where it bulges.

Ask the bartender where he worked before he came here.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 462
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2010 - 8:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ask everyone who Benny is. You go around town, asking about Benny. The hospital guy is still busy, the Indian is still staring at you, and Frank has no idea. But the bartender says, "Benny - must mean Benjamin Harrison. Our president. That crazy doctor would call him 'Benny' to mock him during the campaign."
Set fire to the lock/chain on the hospital. There's no lock/chain on the hospital; it's locked with a typical door lock, one that is set in the door. And the lock won't catch fire anyway.
Stick the pool cue into the hospital, if that's possible. It's not.
Turn on the radio in front of the Indian and see if he moves. He doesn't.
Look everywhere for a case. Right now, you can't find one, though your gaze is brought back to the bulging INPUT.
(I'm assuming that Benny isn't a character from Frequency because he isn't mentioned on the film's Wikipedia article.) As the bartender said, he isn't.
Alhucema (Alhucema)
New member
Username: Alhucema

Post Number: 2372
Registered: 11-2008
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2010 - 8:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Press the paper where it bulges.

If this does not work, press it with a cue.

Go to Frank and ask him: Do you have a son named Benny?

Go to the hospital and cry: Hawkeye! Are you in there?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 464
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2010 - 8:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try ripping the paper where it bulges. You try ripping the paper. But the word INPUT is in the center of the paper, and is hard to rip. However, your attempts at ripping the paper tell you that there's something behind that part of the paper.

Ask the bartender where he worked before he came here. He thinks. "I tended bar in Berkeley for a few years. Then I came here. Don't exactly remember how though."
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 465
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2010 - 8:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Press the paper where it bulges. There appears to be a hole in the wood behind the INPUT.

If this does not work, press it with a cue. It did work. So you don't use the cue.

Go to Frank and ask him: Do you have a son named Benny? He replies, "No, just John. Have you contacted him yet?", which you admit you haven't. "Keep working on it," he says.

Go to the hospital and cry: Hawkeye! Are you in there? A voice cries back, "Hawkeye? Who's Hawkeye? Listen, you'll need to come in here if you want to talk? Besides, I don't even know why I'm in a hospital! Yes, I'm a doctor, but I'm not a medical doctor!"
Alhucema (Alhucema)
New member
Username: Alhucema

Post Number: 2375
Registered: 11-2008
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2010 - 8:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go to Frank and ask him: "Does your son happen to be a judge?"

Go back to the hospital and say: "What kind of doctor are you, then? And I'd love to come in but how can I if you don't let me?

Explore the hole in the wood.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 471
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2010 - 8:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go to Frank and ask him: "Does your son happen to be a judge?" "No, he's a homicide detective. Very good one too."

Go back to the hospital and say: "What kind of doctor are you, then? And I'd love to come in but how can I if you don't let me? "Like I said, the door is locked! And I put a plank under the door that's stuck! Look, I'm really busy, OK! Come in if you want to ask me more questions."

However, you've already noticed that the door opens outward. Unlocking the door will probably release the plank.


Explore the hole in the wood. You'd love to, but it's behind the INPUT of the paper, and the rest of the paper is glued to the wood.
Alhucema (Alhucema)
New member
Username: Alhucema

Post Number: 2376
Registered: 11-2008
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2010 - 8:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Use the key you have on you to unlock the door.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 475
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2010 - 9:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Use the key you have on you to unlock the door. You already tried the silver key on the hospital, way back when you found out it worked for the post office. Apparently, keys in this adventure only open one door each.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 503
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2010 - 10:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

INVENTORY RECAP:

-Pool cue
-Cue ball
-Glass shard
-Margarita
-Rusty lock and chain
-CB radio
-Silver key
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1318
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2010 - 11:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try using the glass shard to tear the paper where it bulges.

And 'Benny' started on Monday, March 4, 1889...guess we should bear that in mind when we figure out what the note means.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 505
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 12:17 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try using the glass shard to tear the paper where it bulges. Carefully, you cut the word "INPUT" out of the paper. The paper scrap falls back into the hole in the wood, where it appears to be covering something shiny.

And 'Benny' started on Monday, March 4, 1889...guess we should bear that in mind when we figure out what the note means. Sounds like a plan.
Noel (Noel)
New member
Username: Noel

Post Number: 1761
Registered: 7-2009
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 12:21 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you remove the paper from the hole? If so, remove it and see what's underneath.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 507
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 12:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you remove the paper from the hole? Absolutely! If so, remove it and see what's underneath. You take the paper scrap, still curious about the large "INPUT" text. Now you can see that the shiny thing the paper was covering is a large, ornate brass key.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1320
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 12:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Take the shiny thingy! A key? =)
Try opening the hospital door. If that fails, try opening the Indian's cell. Or the other cells.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 508
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 12:35 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Take the shiny thingy! A key? =) Yes indeed! You lift the brass key and hold it high, proud of your achievement. Then you get back to escaping.
Try opening the hospital door. You stick the brass key in the lock and turn it, pulling open the hospital door. The plank that was barricading the door falls to the ground at your feet. Like you'd thought, it was a lame barricade. If that fails, try opening the Indian's cell. Or the other cells. No longer necessary.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1321
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 1:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Smack the hospital man over the head a few times, and say, "That's what you get for being unhelpful and annoying! And your barricade sucks! I'm stealing this plank, since you obviously don't know how to use it!"

Steal the plank.

Then, as if nothing has happened, calmly ask the man for his name, where he's from, what he's doing, what kind of doctor he is, and if he knows any way out of the town. And if he has a ball, or has seen one anywhere. Also, ask him if he has any other keys, or knows of any others.

Examine hospital, examine man.

Offer him the margarita.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 512
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 1:15 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Smack the hospital man over the head a few times, and say, "That's what you get for being unhelpful and annoying! And your barricade sucks! I'm stealing this plank, since you obviously don't know how to use it!" He reels back. "Sorry, sorry! I'm sorry, I was busy. Here, have some gum," he offers, tossing you a stick of gum. Your kick-awesome reflexes come in handy again, as you snag the gum out of the air.

Steal the plank. You swipe the plank off the ground. The doctor doesn't seem to mind.

Then, as if nothing has happened, calmly ask the man for his name, "Certainly! My name is...drat, what is my name? I should know this." No kidding. where he's from, "Uh, I'm from, that place. No, what's it called...Hill Valley! I think." Someone apparently forgot to take his ginkgo biloba. what he's doing, "That's a secret! But if you can help me remember who I am, I'll be glad to tell you." what kind of doctor he is, "I am a scientist!" he shouts, punctuating the point with a raised index finger. A Thomas Dolby song starts running through your head. and if he knows any way out of the town. "Indeed I do. But that's part of my secret project. Help me, and I'll help get you out of here. And if he has a ball, or has seen one anywhere. "Certainly I have a ball! I love my work!" he shouts, jumping and twirling. Suddenly, he stops mid-twirl. "Oh, wrong kind of ball. Oops. In that case, no," he says, returning to his work. Also, ask him if he has any other keys, or knows of any others. "Not as far as I know of. Sorry."

Examine hospital, You take a look around. Behind the doctor is a large work area, and he appears to be...actually, you have no idea what he's doing. On a near wall is a corkboard, with the words "MEMORY BOARD" written on a sign nailed to the top of it. In the far corner is a large curtained-off area. examine man. Tall, wild white hair, lab goggles, white lab coat. And very eccentric. And loud.

Offer him the margarita. He quickly turns around. "No thanks, have to work!" Back to work he goes.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1322
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 1:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Stab in the dark: Einstein? Edison?

Is there anything else on the corkboard besides the sign?

Examine large curtained-off area.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1324
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 2:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh I know!!! Dr Emmett Brown! Tell him that!
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 518
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 3:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Stab in the dark: Einstein? Edison? He shakes his head. "No. I wish I were them. On second thought, I don't...I've got something better than they could ever imagine!"

Is there anything else on the corkboard besides the sign? Nothing. Not even a few stray thumbtacks.

Examine large curtained-off area. You pull back the curtain. Behind it is a man lying in a hospital bed. Next to him is a small table.

Oh I know!!! Dr Emmett Brown! Tell him that! You do so. A spark seems to come to his eye, but then fades. "Brown...Brown...That could be it, but my memory is, well, more...visual." He points to the corkboard. "If I could see it, I'd know if that's right or not."
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 520
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 5:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

BLOOPER: I failed to point out that there is also a metal tray on the base of the corkboard, similar to the chalkboard tray.
Ohlala8 (Ohlala8)
New member
Username: Ohlala8

Post Number: 539
Registered: 6-2009
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 7:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is there anything to write with in the hospital? If so, write his name on the sign underneath "memory board." If not... It's cork, you can probably carve "brown" with the key or the glass shard.

Anything on the table? Try talking to the man or (gently) shaking him. What does he look like? Does he respond to the name Marty McFly?

Also, ask Doc Brown about his time machine. (Time travel seems to be becoming a theme. Are we going to need plutonium? That seems harder to come by than a ball or a key :P)
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1325
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check out the metal tray. Anything interesting about it? Anything in it? Carved on it? Stuck on it?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 524
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 2:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is there anything to write with in the hospital? You look around. Nothing. If so, write his name on the sign underneath "memory board." If not... It's cork, you can probably carve "brown" with the key or the glass shard. You consider this, but realize it would probably be hard for Doc Brown to see this. So you don't do it.

Anything on the table? Just a manila envelope. Try talking to the man or (gently) shaking him. You reach out to shake him, but his voice snaps, "I'm awake! Don't touch me!"

You pull back your hand and apologize.

"Don't worry about that," he says. "I've got lots more to worry about than you do.


What does he look like? You can see that he has dark brown hair, probably in his 30s or 40s, and probably tall. You can't tell much, though, because most of him is under the blanket. Does he respond to the name Marty McFly? He looks puzzled. "No, that's not who I am. But I can't remember my name! I'll bet they wiped my memory again!"

Also, ask Doc Brown about his time machine. He looks alarmed. "How did you know about that?" he loudly whispers. "I'll tell you everything, but I need to see my name first." (Time travel seems to be becoming a theme. It sure does. Are we going to need plutonium? That seems harder to come by than a ball or a key :P) I'm sure it would be, but I can tell you this: no, we won't be needing any plutonium.

Check out the metal tray. It looks exactly like the chalkboard tray, only smaller. Anything interesting about it? Nope. Anything in it? Not even a speck of dust. Carved on it? Nothing. Stuck on it? Not at all.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1327
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 2:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Take the manila envelope and examine carefully. Is there anything in it? Written on it? Any stamps or anything?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 526
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 2:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Take the manila envelope and examine carefully. You reach for the envelope, but suddenly a hand slaps your wrist. "Don't touch that! I need it!"

Shocked, you reply, "For what?"

"I need it - or rather, I need what's in it - to find out what's going on! And to find my money!"

Slowly, you back away.


Is there anything in it? From what you can see, there are a few small items in it. You can't tell what, though. Written on it? It doesn't look like that's the case. Any stamps or anything? There are 5 Einstein stamps in the corner.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1329
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 2:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Money! Your eyes light up.
(In a soothing voice) "There there, let me help you. I'd like to find out what's going on too, and since you're in bed, I think you could do with some help. Here, have this margarita. Or would you prefer it flaming? Or how about some gum, would you like that? Also, do you have a ball?"

If he doesn't respond to such tender kindness, knock him out with the plank or the heavy lock and chain, then take the manila envelope. You probably won't let me do this, since violence isn't the answer here, but it's fun to try. =P
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 530
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 2:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Money! Your eyes light up. Yes, money. Now that will help solve a lot of problems. In this adventure, that is.
(In a soothing voice) "There there, let me help you. I'd like to find out what's going on too, and since you're in bed, I think you could do with some help. Graciously, he sighs. "Thanks. Listen, if you can find my money, I won't need this stuff" - he points to the envelope - "anymore. But I'd still like to know what my name is. And I want to get out of here, and go back home to see Rachel." Here, have this margarita. Or would you prefer it flaming? Or how about some gum, would you like that? "No thanks, I'm not hungry. Or thirsty, for that matter. But thanks for the offer." Also, do you have a ball?" "Sorry, but no."

If he doesn't respond to such tender kindness, knock him out with the plank or the heavy lock and chain, then take the manila envelope. He responded nicely, so you don't do this. You probably won't let me do this, since violence isn't the answer here, but it's fun to try. =P You're right; I wasn't going to let you do it anyway. But it is fun to try ;-))
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1331
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 2:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Who's Rachel? Where are you from? How much money should I be looking for? Can I just look at the envelope and see what's inside? I'll give it back, promise!"
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 532
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 3:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Who's Rachel? "She, well, she was my girlfriend, but now my wife. We met at a party, then worked together for 3 years...." He sighs. "I really want to get back to see her." Where are you from? "I honestly don't remember. I used to go around, doing whatever job I could find, just for the money. Ironically, now that I've settled down, I can't remember where I'm from." How much money should I be looking for? "About 90 million dollars. Give or take. Listen," he says, signalling you to come closer. "I know that the money is in a locked briefcase, but I don't know the combination. Find the briefcase, and bring it to me. Then tell me the combination. But please don't open the case until I get it." You nod in agreement. Can I just look at the envelope and see what's inside? I'll give it back, promise!" "I believe you. But sorry, no. Not until I get my money."
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1332
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 3:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm so bad with movies, google is my best friend for this puzzle...

"I know who you are! You're Michael Jennings!"
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 534
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 3:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm so bad with movies, google is my best friend for this puzzle... That's fine; the rest of the movies will be easier. Much easier.

"I know who you are! You're Michael Jennings!" He lifts his head. "Yes, that's right! That's my name! And I need this" - he picks up the envelope - "to find my money! Thanks!" he says, tossing the envelope back onto the table. Unseen to him, but seen to you, something small and shiny slides out of the envelope and lands on the floor.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1334
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 4:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hooray, pick up the key! Does it have a number on it? If so, bring it to the post office and ask Frank to open one of the boxes.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 536
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hooray, pick up the key! How'd you know it was a key? I never said it was a key....But it is a key. A small, shiny, gold one, in fact. You pocket it for yourself. Does it have a number on it? If so, bring it to the post office and ask Frank to open one of the boxes. You can see some markings on the handle, possibly numbers, but can't quite tell what they read. The markings are too small.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1335
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Use the glass shard/magnifying glass to peer at it.

And yes, I suppose I was jumping to conclusions there! =)
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 537
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 4:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Use the glass shard/magnifying glass to peer at it. Looking through the glass shard, you can see that the markings on the key are "137".

And yes, I suppose I was jumping to conclusions there! =) Well, you jumped to the right one!
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1336
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go to the post office, and say imperiously, "I'd like to open box 137 please." Hand the key to Frank.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 540
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go to the post office, and say imperiously, "I'd like to open box 137 please." Having no idea what "imperiously" means, you say it normally. Frank replies, "Sure thing. Just give me the key. Hand the key to Frank. He takes it, turns around, and hunts for box 137 on the back wall. He opens it and removes the contents before turning back to the counter. "Here you go," he says, sliding the key and a briefcase over the counter. You take them both.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1337
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 4:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Take briefcase and examine it. How many numbers are needed for the combination?
Bring it to Jennings.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 541
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 4:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Take briefcase and examine it. It's a large leather briefcase. Pretty heavy. How many numbers are needed for the combination? You peer at the lock. It apparently requires 8 digits.
Bring it to Jennings. You haul the briefcase back to the hospital bed and hand it over. "Great!" Michael says. "Now I just need the combination."
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1338
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 4:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try:

03041889
04031889
18890403
18890304
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 542
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 5:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try:

03041889 You tell Michael this combination. He inputs it into the lock, and the briefcase snaps open, revealing a TON of money.

"You found it!" exclaims Michael, thrilled. "Here, take this as a reward," he says, tossing you a wad of cash, which you easily catch. "Take the envelope, too; I don't need it anymore."


04031889
18890403
18890304 None of these are necessary anymore.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1339
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 5:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hooray! Examine the envelope. Look at the contents, then the envelope itself. Use the magnifying glass on the stamps.

Take some money to the train station guard.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 544
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 5:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hooray! Examine the envelope. Look at the contents, You empty out the envelope into your hand. There are 4 thumbtacks, a partially burnt flyer, and a ring with a piece of paper rolled up and stuck through it. Odd ring - it also has an instruction tag on it. then the envelope itself. A plain manila envelope. Use the magnifying glass on the stamps. There's no clues hidden in the stamps. Drat.

Take some money to the train station guard. You head over to the train station, cash in hand. As you approach him, a gust of wind blows one of the bills away, but suddenly, the train station guy comes out of nowhere, dives, and catches it. He stands and dusts himself off. "Yes?"
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1341
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 5:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Examine the ring. Take the piece of paper out, unroll it and examine. Examine the instruction tag too. And the partially burnt flyer.

To station guy, "Hello! As you can see, I've brought you some money. And there's plenty more where that came from too. Of course this means that you have to do my every bidding. You can start by telling me who you are, where this is, and how I can get out of here. You can then tell me about the train station. Can I take a train to anywhere? Do you have a ball? A pen or something to write with? And what do you know about the Indian in the cell over there, in that prison? If there's anything else you'd like to do for me, please do it. Here's the sight of more money to tempt you." Wave your wad of cash in his face.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 545
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Examine the ring. It's a plain ring, although there appears to be a flint sparker in place of a gemstone. Take the piece of paper out, unroll it and examine. Plain white. Smaller than normal, though. Examine the instruction tag too. You take a peek at the instruction tag on the ring. It reads:

"FLASH PAPER: Great party fun, especially for magicians!

Instructions:

-Put flash ring on middle finger.
-Use flint wheel to create spark.
-Throw flash paper and watch your audience be amazed by the bright light!"


And the partially burnt flyer. You recognize it as a flyer for "DONUTS BY CROWN ROYAL". However, it's mostly burnt, so it now reads "DO-------ROWN----".

To station guy, "Hello! As you can see, I've brought you some money. And there's plenty more where that came from too. "There's more!" He seems a little too excited. Of course this means that you have to do my every bidding. You can start by telling me who you are, where this is, and how I can get out of here. "My name is Gil. I'm not really sure where we are, though, or how to get out of here." You can then tell me about the train station. Can I take a train to anywhere? "Well, I can give you a free train ride, but I need some fire to ignite the fuel. Bring me something solid that's on fire, and I'll give you a ride." Do you have a ball? "Nope." A pen or something to write with? "Sorry, no." And what do you know about the Indian in the cell over there, in that prison? "Not a thing." If there's anything else you'd like to do for me, please do it. Here's the sight of more money to tempt you." Wave your wad of cash in his face. He reaches out and tries to snatch the money. He fails miserably, as your reflexes are almost as awesome as those of Chuck Norris.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1343
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

DO----ROWN---...that looks like it could be made to read Brown, doesn't it? Let's see...

Take out the bit of paper that says "INPUT". Tear out the top half of the letter "P". That should form a D. From the burnt bit of flyer, tear out "ROWN", and "D". Go back to the hospital. Chew a bit of gum, then use it to join the 2 Ds that you now have together. This should form a large B. Use the thumbtacks to pin the newly formed "B" and "ROWN" onto the corkboard. Tadah! Brown! Show Dr Brown this.
Take the metal tray from the corkboard.

Outside, use the glass to set the plank on fire. Bring this to the train guy.

Go to the prison.
Put flash ring on middle finger.
Use flint wheel to create spark.
Throw flash paper and watch the staring Indian be amazed by the bright light!
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 546
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 6:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

DO----ROWN---...that looks like it could be made to read Brown, doesn't it? Sure does! Let's see...

Take out the bit of paper that says "INPUT". Tear out the top half of the letter "P". That should form a D. From the burnt bit of flyer, tear out "ROWN", and "D". Go back to the hospital. Chew a bit of gum, then use it to join the 2 Ds that you now have together. This should form a large B. Use the thumbtacks to pin the newly formed "B" and "ROWN" onto the corkboard. Tadah! Brown! Show Dr Brown this. You think about it, and decide there must be a simpler way to do this. But you do use 2 of the thumbtacks to pin the entire burnt flyer on the board, and don't mess with the INPUT paper or gum at all.
Take the metal tray from the corkboard. It's attached to the board, and there's no way you can see to remove it.

Outside, use the glass to set the plank on fire. Bring this to the train guy. You try, but the plank's a bit damp. It won't catch fire like this.

Go to the prison. OK.
Put flash ring on middle finger.
Use flint wheel to create spark.
Throw flash paper and watch the staring Indian be amazed by the bright light! You don't do any of this, because you have a gut feeling that the flash paper will be very important later. Besides, the Indian would probably just keep staring.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1345
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 6:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Maybe use the flint wheel to set the flash paper on fire, and just bring it to the train guy?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 548
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 6:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Maybe use the flint wheel to set the flash paper on fire, and just bring it to the train guy? You know more about flash paper than you do about the word "imperiously", so you know that once the flash paper is lit, it burns up nearly instantaneously. That's not gonna work.

Here's an inventory recap that might be of assistance:

Pool cue
Cue ball
Glass shard
INPUT paper
Margarita
Plank
Lock and chain
Wad of money
Envelope
2 thumbtacks
Flash paper and ring
CB radio
Stick of gum
Brass key
Gold key
Silver key
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1346
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 6:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

With the remaining two thumbtacks, place them just before ROWN, one on top of the other. Looks a bit like a B...maybe?

Also, I forgot to do this right at the start: examine me!
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1347
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 6:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We could set the envelope on fire! Either with the glass + sun, or with the flint ring.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 549
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 6:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

With the remaining two thumbtacks, place them just before ROWN, one on top of the other. Looks a bit like a B...maybe? You consider that, then realize it's not gonna work. Maybe it's not just "BROWN" you're after.

Also, I forgot to do this right at the start: examine me! You're wearing a T-shirt and shorts. No shoes.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 550
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 6:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We could set the envelope on fire! You think about it, but realize it would burn up too quickly. Either with the glass + sun, or with the flint ring. The flint ring only sparks, and will probably only work with the flash paper. (After all, they're only one item in your inventory.)
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1348
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 6:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Train problem: How about that flaming margarita? Or does it have to be something solid?

I feel like I should do something with the INPUT paper...

Using a thumbtack, tack the bit of paper in between D and ROWN, covering the O. I need an R and a B, don't I? Try approaching Michael. Point at your little corkboard project and say, "Look, we need to input something in there. How shall we do that?"
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 552
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 6:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Train problem: How about that flaming margarita? Thinking about it, you don't think that will work - after all, you still don't want to hold a flaming glass - but you think you're getting warmer. (Shoot, I didn't intend for that bad pun.) Or does it have to be something solid? He said solid, so I guess it'll have to be solid.

I feel like I should do something with the INPUT paper... You think about it, and decide that that's not gonna help quite yet.

Using a thumbtack, tack the bit of paper in between D and ROWN, covering the O. You don't do it. There has to be an easier way....I need an R and a B, don't I? You already have an R. Remember, the flyer says "DO----ROWN---". Try approaching Michael. You walk up to him. "What's up?" he asks. Point at your little corkboard project and say, "Look, we need to input something in there. How shall we do that?" He looks at the corkboard. "Well, you definitely need something more than just 'BROWN', that's for sure. It's probably much simpler than you think."
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1351
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 6:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Don't I need another R for DR?

Also, I completely forgot about the sign at the top of the board! Can I take the sign down? There's a B in there =)
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 556
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 7:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Don't I need another R for DR? Not necessarily. There's another way to refer to him, and it includes all the letters on the flyer.

Also, I completely forgot about the sign at the top of the board! Can I take the sign down? It's nailed to the corkboard, and there's no way to remove it. Sorry. There's a B in there =) Yes, and it's tantalizingly out of access.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1352
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 7:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"DOC BROWN!" CB...CB radio?!

Does the CB radio have the letters CB anywhere on it?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 557
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 7:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"DOC BROWN!" That sounds much more like it! CB...CB radio?! Your mind is churning. Yes...that might work.

Does the CB radio have the letters CB anywhere on it? No, but maybe it'll work anyway.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1353
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 7:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh? Stick the CB radio onto the flyer with gum? Haha
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 560
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 7:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh? Stick the CB radio onto the flyer with gum? Haha You don't want to mess with the gum. Besides, you need a working radio. And besides, there's a much easier way. After all, you tacked the flyer onto the bottom part of the corkboard.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1354
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 7:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Aha! Place the CB radio in the metal tray.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 561
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 7:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Aha! Place the CB radio in the metal tray. You place the CB in the tray between the first "O" and "R" on the flyer. At that moment, Doc Brown turns to look at the memory board. "D-O-C-B-R...Yes! DOC BROWN!!! That's my name!" he shouts, jumping in the air a few times. After he lands, he turns to look at you. "Thanks! Now, here's what I know," he says. "I'm working on a flux capacitor so we can ride that train out of here and back into the present. Unfortunately, I don't know if the train works yet. Come back to me when the train works, and I'll tell you more."

You nod, and reclaim the CB from the tray. That part of his memory is definitely back.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1355
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 7:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go to the jail. Give the Indian the CB radio. See if he does anything with it.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 563
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 7:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go to the jail. Give the Indian the CB radio. See if he does anything with it. He doesn't even take the radio. Just keeps staring.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1356
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 7:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ask, "What do you want?"

Try to give him everything in your inventory, one at a time.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 565
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 7:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ask, "What do you want?" He stares. That's not surprising.

Try to give him everything in your inventory, one at a time. Please actually choose an item to give to the Indian. I'll give you a hint: you have the item you need. And no [LTPF list of whatever's in the inventory right now] tricks, please.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1357
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 7:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmmm.... let's try the wad of money.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 568
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmmm.... let's try the wad of money. You slip the cash through the bars. The Indian is still staring. You reclaim the cash. That clearly wasn't it.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1358
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 8:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Let's try the most bizarre and random thing: the bit of paper with INPUT on.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 569
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 8:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Let's try the most bizarre and random thing: the bit of paper with INPUT on. Apparently, our Indian friend is not impressed by bizarre and random things, as he keeps staring.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1359
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This could take a while!

Try the stick of gum. Maybe he would like to chew on that.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 571
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 8:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This could take a while! Oh, not at all ;-))

Try the stick of gum. Maybe he would like to chew on that. You toss the Indian the stick of gum. To your surprise, he unwraps it and starts chewing it. "Juicyfruit," he says, as he reaches behind his back and rolls something through the bars to you. You pick it up - it is an old leather-bound baseball.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1360
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 8:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Haha!

Go to the bar. Use the baseball to hit the target of the dunk tank. Yippee
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 572
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 8:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Haha!

Go to the bar. Use the baseball to hit the target of the dunk tank. You wind up and hurl the baseball at the target. Perfect shot! The ball rolls right back to you, and the clown lands in the tank with a loud SPLASH!. The lights flicker, and the prize dispenser opens. Something rolls out of the dispenser. Yippee Yay! =D
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1361
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 8:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Take the something and examine!

By the way, I just noticed we've been at this for 8 hours today! How sad are we!! Hahahaha =P
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 574
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 8:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Take the something and examine! The "something" is two AA batteries. What are they doing here?

By the way, I just noticed we've been at this for 8 hours today! How sad are we!! Hahahaha =P Wow - has it really been that long? =P
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1362
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 8:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the CB radio require batteries? If so, put the AA batteries in.

And maybe we should take the clown! Might need to scare someone with it.

<i>And yeah, it has been that long! Let's not tell anyone else about
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1363
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 8:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

our geeky lives.</i>

Lol, post got split there
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 575
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 9:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the CB radio require batteries? Nope, the CB works just fine. If so, put the AA batteries in. Not needed.

And maybe we should take the clown! Might need to scare someone with it. The clown is in the tank, and you can't reach it. Not to mention that the clown is really heavy, and it creeps you out, too.

And yeah, it has been that long! Let's not tell anyone else about

our geeky lives. Sounds like a plan.

Lol, post got split there No problem.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1367
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can I have an inventory list again? I always have trouble finding it when scrolling up. =)

How about...set the glass of margarita on the plank, then set it on fire? This way you won't need to actually hold the glass with your bare hands!

(If I suggest this flaming margarita often enough, it will have to work at some point! Haha)
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 581
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 9:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can I have an inventory list again? I always have trouble finding it when scrolling up. =) No problem:

Pool cue
Cue ball
Glass shard
INPUT paper
Margarita
Plank
Rusty lock and chain
Wad of money
Envelope
2 thumbtacks
Flash paper and ring
CB radio
Brass key
Gold key
Silver key
2 AA batteries
Leather-bound baseball

Hope that helps =)


How about...set the glass of margarita on the plank, then set it on fire? This way you won't need to actually hold the glass with your bare hands! You think about it, then realize the plank balancing act probably won't last very long. But maybe you could use the margarita's flammability to light the plank....

(If I suggest this flaming margarita often enough, it will have to work at some point! Haha) You've got the general idea. Just put the right pieces together.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1370
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 9:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, i see! Pour some of the margarita on the plank. Light it. =D (using the glass)
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 585
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 9:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, i see! Pour some of the margarita on the plank. Light it. =D (using the glass) There we go! You pour the margarita all over the plank, emptying the glass (except for the salt on the rim). Then you use the glass shard to focus the sunlight onto the alcohol-soaked plank, which quickly catches fire. Yay for pyromania!
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1372
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 9:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yay indeed! =) Step back to admire your handiwork for a bit. Then head over to the station guy and poke him with the plank. If his clothes catch fire, giggle.
Ohlala8 (Ohlala8)
New member
Username: Ohlala8

Post Number: 540
Registered: 6-2009
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you think either your improvised magnifying glass or the flint wheel to set your plank on fire? Or, failing that, set the DO ROWN paper (which has surely served its purpose) on fire and use that to ignite the plank.

And wow, you guys really covered a lot of ground while I was asleep :D
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 587
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yay indeed! =) Step back to admire your handiwork for a bit. *Admiring handiwork* OK, that went well. Then head over to the station guy and poke him with the plank. You'd rather just give it to him. If his clothes catch fire, giggle. You're having way too much fun with this. =)
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 588
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 9:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you think either your improvised magnifying glass or the flint wheel to set your plank on fire? Or, failing that, set the DO ROWN paper (which has surely served its purpose) on fire and use that to ignite the plank. Plank already on fire.

And wow, you guys really covered a lot of ground while I was asleep :D 8 hours of puzzling can do that. Glad to see you awake and around!
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1373
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 9:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hahaha!

To station guy: "Here's the fire you need! Do I get a free train ride?"
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 589
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 9:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hahaha!

To station guy: "Here's the fire you need! Do I get a free train ride?" He takes the burning plank. "Yes, you do! Just hold on for a sec while I go light the fuel." He disappears for a minute or so, then returns. "Let's go!"

He takes you into the very front where the driver sits (Sorry, I don't know the technical name for it) and pushes the throttle forward. The train starts forward and accelerates surprisingly quickly. You watch out the front windshield as the train reaches the hill, and speeds up it. You glance at the speedometer; it is at 80 miles per hour and rising.

The train keeps going higher and higher, faster and faster. Suddenly, just before the top of the hill, the train screeches to a stop. As you are thrown forward, you notice the speedometer had reached 87 miles per hour before the sudden stop.

"Sorry about that," you hear the train station guy say. You look back; his hand is on the emergency brake handle. "The track ends just over the top of the hill, and I don't want to crash." He puts the train in reverse, and it rumbles backwards all the way to the station.

Back at the station, he lets you out of the train, and you notice that the doors to the first passenger car are slightly ajar. After leaving the station, he says, "Now, if you want another ride, you'll need 5 paying customers. You count as one. And for being such a good sport, here's a prize." Station guy goes behind one of the train station posts and tosses you an archery bow, which you, of course, catch. But you really want to set his clothes on fire now.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1374
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 10:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So we need to get it to reach 88 miles per hour to get out, I suppose.

5 paying customers:
Me
Doc Brown
Michael
Bartender
Frank Sullivan
(Indian?)

Go to the hospital and tell Doc Brown that the train works and that you've just been for a ride in it.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 591
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 10:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So we need to get it to reach 88 miles per hour to get out, I suppose. Yes, we do.

5 paying customers:
Me
Doc Brown
Michael
Bartender
Frank Sullivan
(Indian?) WOW, I can't count. You need 6 paying customers. And to fix my BLOOPER, the train station guy shouts this to you across the street.

Go to the hospital and tell Doc Brown that the train works and that you've just been for a ride in it. "Good, good," he says. "Now I need some ingredients. I've already got the plutonium though; I stole it from...oh, shoot, what's his name? It's the Russian prime minister...drat!"

Nervously, you ask about the ingredients.

"I'll tell you them later! First I need to know that guy's name!"
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1376
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 10:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

October 1985...would that be Nikolai Ryzhkov?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 594
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 10:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

October 1985...would that be Nikolai Ryzhkov? "It's not 1985! It's 2010! Or rather, it should be."
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1378
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 10:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Haha, but surely Doc Brown steals it in 1985? I thought that's where he'd come from..

But if it's 2010, it's Vladimir Putin!
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 595
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 10:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Haha, but surely Doc Brown steals it in 1985? I thought that's where he'd come from.. "That's when I first taught Marty the secrets of time travel! But I have been living in the present for a while now, and I know you certainly have, so we need to get back to 2010!

But if it's 2010, it's Vladimir Putin! Doc Brown strains to think. "Sounds familiar, but...visual memory, remember?"
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 597
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 10:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Let me clarify," says the doc. "I ran out of plutonium from my original 1985 stash. So I stole more in 2010 from the Russian PM. Does that make more sense?"
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1379
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 11:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ah, INPUT! Tear it to form "PUT" and "IN", then tack that up onto the corkboard.

And yes, Doc, that does manke sense!
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1380
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 11:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

make, i mean!
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 598
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 11:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ah, INPUT! Tear it to form "PUT" and "IN", then tack that up onto the corkboard. Since your paper-tearing skills leave a lot to be desired, you slice the INPUT paper in half with the glass shard, before using your last 2 thumbtacks to tack it onto the corkboard. Doc Brown looks over. "Ah, yes, Putin! I stole the plutonium from him! Thank you!" he shouts, tossing you a TV remote. As usual, you catch it.

"Now, the ingredients," the doctor continues. "I need trace amounts of gold, silver, and brass, as well as a large amount of iron oxide, to complete the flux capacitor. You think you can get that for me?"

You nod.


And yes, Doc, that does manke sense! "Good!"
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1381
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 11:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hand him the 3 keys (brass, gold and silver). For the iron oxide...the rusty chain and lock?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 599
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 11:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hand him the 3 keys (brass, gold and silver). For the iron oxide...the rusty chain and lock? You hand all these items over, and the Doc's face brightens. "Perfect!" he says, as he turns to work on them.

You step back for a second. Suddenly, you hear a loud BOOM! from the workbench, and the whole building shakes. The shock from the explosion causes the corkboard to crash to the floor, revealing something behind it.

In shock yourself, you barely sputter out the words, "What happened?"

"Oh, that was supposed to happen!" says the Doc, as he turns to you, holding a flux capacitor. "Now, I need you to go distract the guy at the train station so that I can install this on the train. But there's one problem: according to my calculations, I didn't steal enough plutonium to get the 1.21 gigawatts needed to travel through time. We're going to need a lightning strike. See if you can find someone who knows how to, I don't know, create a thunderstorm!"
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1382
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 11:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check out the something behind the corkboard.

Go to the Indian and ask him if he knows a good rain dance.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 600
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 11:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check out the something behind the corkboard. It's a large television screen. That's really odd.

Go to the Indian and ask him if he knows a good rain dance. He shakes his head. "I know how to create rain. Rain dance, no."
Ohlala8 (Ohlala8)
New member
Username: Ohlala8

Post Number: 541
Registered: 6-2009
Posted on Wednesday, June 09, 2010 - 1:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

He knows how to make rain? Do I want to know? *timidly hoping the frenzy has died down long enough for me to get a post in edgewise*

Put the AA batteries in the remote and turn on the TV.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 601
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, June 09, 2010 - 1:32 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

He knows how to make rain? Do I want to know? You probably do. *timidly hoping the frenzy has died down long enough for me to get a post in edgewise* It definitely has.

Put the AA batteries in the remote and turn on the TV. You slip the batteries into the remote, point it at the TV, and push the power button. The screen fills with static, with the words "CH 14" on the top-right corner.
Ohlala8 (Ohlala8)
New member
Username: Ohlala8

Post Number: 542
Registered: 6-2009
Posted on Wednesday, June 09, 2010 - 5:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

K, try putting the CB radio on channel 14 and call for John. Then flip through the channels on the TV and see if you can find anything on besides static.

Go ask the Indian about creating rain.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 610
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, June 09, 2010 - 2:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

K, try putting the CB radio on channel 14 and call for John. You do this. A crackle is heard, and then a voice. "Frank?"

"Is this John?" you ask.

He replies, "Yes, but...where's Frank?"

As quickly as you can, you explain the circumstances and goings-on. After you're done, there's a short silence, then..."OK, I think I might know something that could help you. But first, I need you to do me a favor."

"Sure thing," you answer.

"I lost a couple things, and I think they wound up back in time. The first is my TV remote. Don't ask about that one, it's...never mind. The second is an old baseball. My dad gave it to me. I need you to find those, but those in an envelope, then give that to my Dad. Give him the CB too, then have him call me. Sound good?" You agree.

He pauses. "Thanks again. Listen, I gotta go. Bye." The radio fades to a crackle.


Then flip through the channels on the TV and see if you can find anything on besides static. You channel-surf for a little bit. Every channel has static, and every channel is channel 14. You figure that's how 1890s television worked.

Go ask the Indian about creating rain. He points at himself. "My name first, then I tell you rain."
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1383
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Wednesday, June 09, 2010 - 3:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok, put the TV remote and the baseball into the envelope we've got. Give it to Frank, with the CB. Tell him to go to channel 14 and call John.

Ask the Indian, "Where are you from? How did you get here?"
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 611
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, June 09, 2010 - 3:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok, put the TV remote and the baseball into the envelope we've got. Give it to Frank, with the CB. Tell him to go to channel 14 and call John. You do all that, turning off the TV first so as to save electricity. The radio crackles and John's voice comes over the airwaves. After his emotional greeting with Frank, you lean over the counter and ask, "What now?"

"Frank, listen: I need you to open box 42 - it's unlocked - and put the envelope in there," says John. "It's the only place that no one will disturb it for 109 years. I'll tell you more later."

Frank does so, and instantly the radio crackles again. "Thank you! Now, Frank, I need you to do one more thing: Open box 81 and get what's in there. Give it to the person who helped you. You...I don't know your name...take it to the man at the train station. And thanks."

"No problem," you respond.

John's voice comes over the airwaves one last time: "And Dad? See you soon."

The radio clicks off and Frank's eyes tear up for a second. He goes back to the boxes, opens the correct one, and hands the contents over to you, muttering, "Strange...." You grab what he's holding. It looks like a wand of some sort.


Ask the Indian, "Where are you from? How did you get here?" He looks at you. "Been on run. I broke out, found home. The bad people," - he shudders - "they found me. I ran. Last thing I remember, white light, then I'm here."
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1384
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Wednesday, June 09, 2010 - 4:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Examine wand. Give it to the train station guy.

Look at Indian. Is he Native American, or does he look like he's from India?

Ask, "What bad people? What did they want? Why have you been on the run? Did you do something? Do you remember the names of anyone close to you?"
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 612
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, June 09, 2010 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Examine wand. Looks like a wand. Not too long, pretty simple. Wooden. Give it to the train station guy. He jumps up happily. "My wand! You found it!" He points it at one of the train station posts, shouts something, and the post vanishes, causing the station to collapse. "It still works!" He looks at you. "I, Gil, thank you very much." That guy has serious issues.

Look at Indian. Is he Native American, or does he look like he's from India? He's clearly Native American.

Ask, "What bad people? What did they want? Why have you been on the run? Did you do something? Do you remember the names of anyone close to you?" He shudders. "Don't like to talk about it. I escaped. Found tribe. They found me. Wanted to take me back. I ran." He pauses. "Close to me - Mc...Something. Can't remember."
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1385
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Wednesday, June 09, 2010 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you Chief Bromden?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 613
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, June 09, 2010 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you Chief Bromden? You ask the Indian this. He nods in remembrance. "Yes, that's my name. Thank you."
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1386
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Wednesday, June 09, 2010 - 4:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Please make some rain for us!"
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 614
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, June 09, 2010 - 4:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Please make some rain for us!" The Chief nods and thinks. "Need to seed cloud. Shoot salt into it. Make rainstorm."
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1387
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Wednesday, June 09, 2010 - 5:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Give him some of the salt from the margarita glass. (I remember you said we still had that left!)
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 615
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, June 09, 2010 - 5:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Give him some of the salt from the margarita glass. You give him the whole glass, since you aren't sure how much salt he'll need. He takes it and nods. "Now need to shoot this into cloud." (I remember you said we still had that left!) Good memory!
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1388
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Wednesday, June 09, 2010 - 6:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm guessing we need to get Chief out of his cell. Go to Gil, and ask him to make the bars of the cell disappear with his wand, like he did with the station post. Offer him money.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 617
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, June 09, 2010 - 6:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm guessing we need to get Chief out of his cell. You're guessing right. Go to Gil, and ask him to make the bars of the cell disappear with his wand, like he did with the station post. He refuses. "What wand? I don't see any wand...." Not to mention that you gave it to him, and you can see it sticking out of his pocket. What's up with this guy? Offer him money. He shakes his head even more. "I don't know what you're talking about."
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 638
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, June 09, 2010 - 11:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

CLARIFICATION: You don't need to get the Chief out of his cell so he can seed the cloud. You do need to get him out so he can get on the train and leave.
Ohlala8 (Ohlala8)
New member
Username: Ohlala8

Post Number: 543
Registered: 6-2009
Posted on Thursday, June 10, 2010 - 1:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hand the Indian your bow and arrow, if it fits through the bars.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1389
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Thursday, June 10, 2010 - 1:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Or if Chief Bromden can't shoot the clouds from the cell, we can try doing it ourselves. Treat the glass like an arrow; pull back and fire into the sky!
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 639
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, June 10, 2010 - 12:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hand the Indian your bow and arrow, if it fits through the bars. You don't have an arrow, but you slip the archery bow to him. He takes it and nods. "Now need arrow."

Or if Chief Bromden can't shoot the clouds from the cell, we can try doing it ourselves. You're a terrible shot. And glasses are harder to shoot than arrows. Treat the glass like an arrow; pull back and fire into the sky! Not gonna happen.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1390
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Thursday, June 10, 2010 - 1:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Seems to me the pool cue might make a good arrow. Let's try that.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 646
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, June 10, 2010 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Seems to me the pool cue might make a good arrow. Let's try that. You think about it. The pool cue is too long, and not exactly the lightest of all possible arrows. You don't do it.

Remember, the bartender can give hints.
Ohlala8 (Ohlala8)
New member
Username: Ohlala8

Post Number: 544
Registered: 6-2009
Posted on Thursday, June 10, 2010 - 8:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go back to the train station guy. "Listen, I can see the wand sticking out of your pocket. Could I just borrow it for a few minutes? I promise I'll give it back."
Ohlala8 (Ohlala8)
New member
Username: Ohlala8

Post Number: 545
Registered: 6-2009
Posted on Thursday, June 10, 2010 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, and if that doesn't work (which, let's face it, it probably won't), see if there's anything else you can offer in trade. Money? His name? Can you distract him with the flash paper and grab it?
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1391
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Thursday, June 10, 2010 - 8:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Bartender, would you say that a wand would make a good arrow? Also, what's up with that Gil guy? He's weird."
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 650
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, June 10, 2010 - 9:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go back to the train station guy. "Listen, I can see the wand sticking out of your pocket. Could I just borrow it for a few minutes? I promise I'll give it back." He looks at you with shifty eyes. "What wand?" he says, shoving it deeper into his pocket. "I don't see a wand."

Oh, and if that doesn't work (which, let's face it, it probably won't), And it didn't! see if there's anything else you can offer in trade. Money? His name? Can you distract him with the flash paper and grab it? He just shakes his head and reaches further behind his back, gripping the wand tighter. "No! I...money?" he asks, leaning closer. "Nonononono, no! No money! There is no wand!"

You think about this. Wait...didn't someone talk to you earlier about distracting Gil?


"Bartender, would you say that a wand would make a good arrow? "No, I definitely would not." Also, what's up with that Gil guy? He's weird." He leans forward. "What Gil guy? Where is he? Where's he from?"

And here's another inventory list:

Pool cue
Cue ball
Glass shard
Wad of money
Flash paper and ring
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1395
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Thursday, June 10, 2010 - 10:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yup, the Doc wants us to distract Gil so he can install the thingy on the train, but I thought we had to make rain before that.. maybe not! Right, go to the Doc. "I'm gonna go distract Gil now, Doc! Let's go!"

Head off with Doc to find Gil.
Put flash ring on middle finger.
Use flint wheel to create spark.
Throw flash paper and watch Gil be amazed by the bright light!

While he's busy being amazed, signal to Doc to do the installing.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 656
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, June 10, 2010 - 11:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yup, the Doc wants us to distract Gil so he can install the thingy on the train, but I thought we had to make rain before that.. maybe not! Right, go to the Doc. "I'm gonna go distract Gil now, Doc! Let's go!" He follows you out towards the train station.

Head off with Doc to find Gil. There he is!
Put flash ring on middle finger.
Use flint wheel to create spark.
Throw flash paper and watch Gil be amazed by the bright light! You think about it, and realize Gil won't be distracted for very long. So you don't use the flash paper. There has to be a way to get him distracted for a decent amount of time....

While he's busy being amazed, signal to Doc to do the installing. You'd better get Gil really distracted before Doc does the installing.
Ohlala8 (Ohlala8)
New member
Username: Ohlala8

Post Number: 547
Registered: 6-2009
Posted on Friday, June 11, 2010 - 9:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Alright, put the money precariously in your back pocket so there are bills falling out, and walk away slowly. Or, alternatively, throw the wad up in the air and let him play 52 pick up.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 693
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, June 11, 2010 - 4:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Alright, put the money precariously in your back pocket so there are bills falling out, and walk away slowly. Or, alternatively, throw the wad up in the air and let him play 52 pick up. You peel a handful of bills from the batch, keeping most of it safely pocketed, and heave the bills into the air. Gil goes crazy trying to catch them all, especially with the wind blowing, allowing the Doc to sneak around and install the flux capacitor on the train. By the time Gil's caught all the money, Doc Brown has already told you, "Now just get that storm rolling!" and gone back to the hospital.
Noel (Noel)
New member
Username: Noel

Post Number: 1764
Registered: 7-2009
Posted on Saturday, June 12, 2010 - 12:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

While Gil is picking up the money, sneak up and grab the wand out of his back pocket. Then use it to make the jail bars disappear.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 722
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, June 12, 2010 - 5:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

While Gil is picking up the money, sneak up and grab the wand out of his back pocket. Then use it to make the jail bars disappear. He's already caught all the money, and has a firm grip on the wand behind his back. You're not gonna be able to get it. Besides, he moves pretty fast.
Alhucema (Alhucema)
New member
Username: Alhucema

Post Number: 2395
Registered: 11-2008
Posted on Saturday, June 12, 2010 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bartender, it looks like I have to gather all the passengers first and then create the storm, is that correct?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 751
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, June 12, 2010 - 11:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bartender, it looks like I have to gather all the passengers first and then create the storm, is that correct? He scratches his head. "I'd say not. Perhaps the Chief needs the storm to break out. And the train station guy - just who exactly is he?"
Alhucema (Alhucema)
New member
Username: Alhucema

Post Number: 2401
Registered: 11-2008
Posted on Sunday, June 13, 2010 - 7:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you climb on the prison roof? Or otherwise examine the glass pane over the Chief?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 818
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2010 - 12:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you climb on the prison roof? There's no ladder, drainpipe, fire escape, or other access to the roof. So, no. Or otherwise examine the glass pane over the Chief? It looks pretty fragile, at least from this side of the cell bars.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1399
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2010 - 12:35 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hand the cue ball to the Chief. Ask him to break the window with that. And while he does that, I'll try to think of what to use as an arrow. =)

Inventory:
Pool cue
Cue ball
Glass shard
Wad of money
Flash paper and ring

Is this all we've got?

Go to Gil. Ask, "Is your name really Gil? Do you know anyone called Harry Potter? Do you know where platform 9 and three quarters is? Where did you get your wand?" Describe Gil in detail, please.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 821
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2010 - 1:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hand the cue ball to the Chief. Ask him to break the window with that. You're willing to bet you could make the throw yourself. And while he does that, I'll try to think of what to use as an arrow. =) I might as well tell you this: the object you need to use as an arrow is...an arrow.

Inventory:
Pool cue
Cue ball
Glass shard
Wad of money
Flash paper and ring

Is this all we've got? That's everything.

Go to Gil. Ask, "Is your name really Gil? "Yes, it is." Do you know anyone called Harry Potter? Do you know where platform 9 and three quarters is? Where did you get your wand?" With these questions, Gil starts to shake even more. "I...I...I don't know what you're talking about!" Yeah, right. Describe Gil in detail, please. He's not very tall, has brown hair, and is shaking like a toothpick in an earthquake. And he's still gripping the wand behind his back.
Ohlala8 (Ohlala8)
New member
Username: Ohlala8

Post Number: 548
Registered: 6-2009
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2010 - 1:19 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ask Gil if his name is short for Gilderoy Lockhart. Try asking for his autograph. Ask him how he got out of St. Mungo's.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 826
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2010 - 1:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ask Gil if his name is short for Gilderoy Lockhart. With this question, Gil stumbles back and nearly falls down. After regaining his composure, he storms off behind the rubble of the station. A few seconds later, he stomps back and throws something at you, which skids to a stop at your feet. "I don't know what you're talking about! That's not me! And don't come back without 6 paying customers!"

Of course, you don't believe a word that he's saying. Almost as an afterthought, you pick up the item that Gil threw at you. It's a long wooden arrow.


Try asking for his autograph. Ask him how he got out of St. Mungo's. "I said CUSTOMERS!!" He needs an anger management coach.
Ohlala8 (Ohlala8)
New member
Username: Ohlala8

Post Number: 550
Registered: 6-2009
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2010 - 7:05 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Give the arrow to Chief Broom and see if he can seed the clouds from jail. If not, do it yourself. I guess try to spread the salt from the margarita rim along the arrowhead before you shoot.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 841
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2010 - 1:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Give the arrow to Chief Broom and see if he can seed the clouds from jail. You slip the arrow through the cell bars. The Chief takes it, spreads the salt in an intricate pattern over the arrowhead, and aims at the window above him, before putting the bow and arrow down. "Can't shoot through glass." If not, do it yourself. You're a terrible shot. I guess try to spread the salt from the margarita rim along the arrowhead before you shoot. The Chief already did that.
Deathateaster (Deathateaster)
New member
Username: Deathateaster

Post Number: 276
Registered: 5-2007
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2010 - 3:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Pool ball. Window. Do it.

Let the indian do his thing.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 849
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2010 - 4:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Pool ball. Window. Do it. You grip the ivory cue ball tightly, mutter a few words to yourself, then hurl it through the cell bars with all your might. In its final act, the ball crashes through the window and soars off into the great beyond. Tiny glass shards rain down all over the cell floor. The Chief doesn't seem to mind.

Let the indian do his thing. He aims the arrow, pulls back the bowstring, and fires through the broken window. The salted arrow flies through the air and directly into the one cloud in the sky.

Through the window, you see the sky turn gray. Storm clouds instantly fill the sky. Before you can even process this, lightning flashes, thunder rolls, and rain pours down upon the town.

Rain also is pouring through the window, and as you watch, the Chief grabs the empty, now saltless glass, fills it with rainwater, and gulps it down. He tosses the empty glass high over his shoulder, and as the glass soars out the window, he walks up to the cell door, grabs the bars, and bends them back. Astonished, you can only stare as he walks out of the cell and grips your hand tightly, shaking it. "Thank you."
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1400
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2010 - 5:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lol Lockhart crossed my mind, but I completely forgot that his first name was Gilderoy!

Woohoo!

Gather everyone (barman, Frank, Chief, Doc Brown and Jennings) and go to the train station. The money you've got ought to cover it, if not, tell Jennings that we need money to get back to the present. He's got lots more money in his briefcase we can use.

=)
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 860
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2010 - 7:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lol Lockhart crossed my mind, but I completely forgot that his first name was Gilderoy! It's all right, I get those brain cramps all the time.

Woohoo!

Gather everyone (barman, Frank, Chief, Doc Brown and Jennings) and go to the train station. You do so. Everyone's apparently very eager to get out of here, and follows you to the station. When you all arrive, you tell Lockhart that you've got 6 customers. He nods, but still looks very angry. "That will be...two thousand dollars."

What a rip-off! Fortunately, you have a HUGE wad of money still on your person, so you peel off $2000 and pass it over. Lockhart takes it, inspects it, and nods. "All right, everyone on board."
The money you've got ought to cover it, if not, tell Jennings that we need money to get back to the present. He's got lots more money in his briefcase we can use. He locked up his briefcase, but the wad he gave you is more than enough.

=)

Everyone files on board. First the bartender, then Frank, Jennings, Doc Brown, and the Chief. You're about to get on, but have a bad feeling, so you stuff the 4 items you have in your pocket. Except the pool cue, which, obviously, doesn't fit in your pocket, so you tuck it in your waistband. Now that you're all set, you turn to go on board, and....

Everything seems blurry now. And your head is throbbing. Where are you?

As your vision clears, you realize that you're in the...well...car where the driver sits. You know, the one I don't know the name of. Lockhart is also there, pointing his wand at you.

You try to move, but realize that you're all tied up. Great.

"Don't even try to move, or I'll..." Lockhart says threateningly, jabbing his wand in your direction, and blocking the doors to the first passenger car at the same time. You'd guess that everyone else is in there. Lockhart finishes, "...I'll wipe your memory."

"Yeah, yeah, read the book, saw the movie, blah, blah," you retort.

Lockhart shakes his head. "You really don't want to mess with me. Now, I suppose you want to know all about my incredibly brilliant, incredibly evil plan," he continues, "so I'll tell you. But then, of course, I'll have to wipe your memory, and everyone else's too, as I can't have any of you bearing witness to what I've tried to do here. Now, I..."

Lockhart blabbers on in the stereotypical evil-villain-rant-which-gives-the-hero-plenty-of-time-to-defeat-him rant, and you already know the details about how he trapped you all in the past so he could get rich writing about how he freed you all, but you lost your memories from the time travel, and how he knocked you out with a piece of train station rubble so he could taunt you while you, unknown to him, discreetly escape and defeat him.

But how to get out of this trap? You can't move too much, or Lockhart will notice. Fortunately, you've got all your stuff with you.

As he blabbers, Lockhart pushes the throttle forward and the train begins to move. You don't have much time - you'd better move now!
Alhucema (Alhucema)
New member
Username: Alhucema

Post Number: 2412
Registered: 11-2008
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2010 - 7:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try to cut the ropes you are tied with using the glass shard.

As this is very-difficult-if-not-impossible with your hands tied behind your back, try to use the flash paper.

If this fails, try to put the ring on and turn it around your finger.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 865
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2010 - 8:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try to cut the ropes you are tied with using the glass shard. Fortunately, you can reach the shard in your pocket, and start hacking at the ropes. While Lockhart saunters back to his spot blocking the door, you finish cutting the ropes, which fall to the ground. Unfortunately, the glass shard slips out of your hand once it cleaves the last rope and slides under the console, never to been seen again...in this adventure, at least.

As this is very-difficult-if-not-impossible with your hands tied behind your back, try to use the flash paper. Not needed for the ropes, but now that your hands are free...

If this fails, try to put the ring on and turn it around your finger. It worked, but you carefully slip the flint ring on.
Alhucema (Alhucema)
New member
Username: Alhucema

Post Number: 2413
Registered: 11-2008
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2010 - 8:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am not quite sure how this works but let's have a try.

Try to set the flash paper on fire with the flint on your ring.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 869
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2010 - 9:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am not quite sure how this works but let's have a try.

Try to set the flash paper on fire with the flint on your ring. As Lockhart finishes his evil-villain-rant, you stand up and toss the flash paper at him, simultaneously lighting it with the flint ring. Lockhart's gaze is distracted, and as he watches, the paper burns up with a bright FLASH!

Blinded, he points the wand in your general direction and shouts, "Obliviante!" but you've already rolled to the side, and the blast strikes the throttle, causing it to stick forward and the train to accelerate even faster!

Seeing this, you glance at the speedometer, which reads 45 miles per hour and rising, but accidentally bang your hand into the console, causing the flint ring to slip off and fall to the floor.

Hearing this, Lockhart sees you, points the wand, and shouts, "Obliviante!" again. But, again, you duck, and the blast hits the emergency brake behind you, destroying it. The force of the blast propels you through the open doors and into the next car (the first passenger car), where everyone else is.

Unfortunately, Lockhart has followed you and slammed the doors to the "driver's car" shut. He's guarding them now, pointing the wand at the other 5 people on the train. He doesn't appear to be paying attention to you.
Alhucema (Alhucema)
New member
Username: Alhucema

Post Number: 2415
Registered: 11-2008
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2010 - 9:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Take a deep breath.

Then untangle the pool cue from your waistband, and smack Lockhart REALLY hard over the head.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 873
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2010 - 9:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Take a deep breath. Inhale.........................................................................................................................exhale.

Then untangle the pool cue from your waistband, and smack Lockhart REALLY hard over the head. You raise the cue, only to have Lockhart point his wand at you. "Don't...even...try." He then turns back to the group of 5.
Alhucema (Alhucema)
New member
Username: Alhucema

Post Number: 2420
Registered: 11-2008
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2010 - 10:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, let's change the strategy.


Point the cue at Lockhart as if it was a wand, and yell "Expelliarmus!" at the top of your voice.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 879
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2010 - 10:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, let's change the strategy.


Point the cue at Lockhart as if it was a wand, and yell "Expelliarmus!" at the top of your voice. You do so. Nothing happens. Apparently, this pool cue is exactly that - a cue.

Meanwhile, the speedometer has reached 60 miles per hour. The ground is flashing past through the windows and the cracked-open doors. You know you don't have much time left, so you start thinking fast.
Alhucema (Alhucema)
New member
Username: Alhucema

Post Number: 2425
Registered: 11-2008
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2010 - 11:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you still have the money? If so, throw it into the air, hoping it would distract Gil once again.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 890
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2010 - 11:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you still have the money? If so, throw it into the air, hoping it would distract Gil once again. You toss the wad into the air, and Gil dives for it. However, he's still got the wand, so he misses and sprawls out on the floor. Before you can react, he's back up again and pointing the wand at the group of 5. At least you caught the money on the way down.

Speedometer: 68 mph
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1401
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 1:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Since the doors are open, throw the money back into the driver's car. Hopefully he'll follow it there. Slam the doors on him, and if there are handles, use the pool cue as a barricade.

Turn to the Doc and say, "That's how you bar a door. Hah!"
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 919
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 1:21 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Since the doors are open, throw the money back into the driver's car. Lockhart slammed the doors to the driver's car shut a while ago, and is standing in front of them. The only other doors are right next to you. They're sliding doors, and they're only open a crack. Hopefully he'll follow it there. Slam the doors on him, and if there are handles, use the pool cue as a barricade. No can do.

Turn to the Doc and say, "That's how you bar a door. Hah!" He's too busy staring at Lockhart's wand to hear you. Probably trying to figure out how to harness the energy from the darn thing to power future DeLoreans.

Speedometer: 72 mph
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1402
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 1:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The sliding doors that are open a crack: do these doors lead outside? If they do, slide them open and toss the money out.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 923
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 1:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The sliding doors that are open a crack: do these doors lead outside? It appears they do indeed, as you can see the ground rushing past. If they do, slide them open and toss the money out. You strain and strain, but the doors are stuck tight.

On another note, you notice that you've hit the hill, and your acceleration rate has started to decrease. However, the speedometer is now at 80 mph.
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1404
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 1:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Haha, ok I'm going to shut up now and only post when I'm sure of the answer, so I don't make the speedometer go up. This post doesn't count!
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 927
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 1:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Haha, ok I'm going to shut up now and only post when I'm sure of the answer, so I don't make the speedometer go up. This post doesn't count! I'll tell you this right now: the speedometer won't reach 88 until you've gotten it right. It's only for extra dramaticness...(no, that's not a word)...drama. And you're right on top of the answer!
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1405
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 1:41 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok I can't resist...just one more, I have to try this! I trust we won't reach 88 yet, since our acceleration rate has gone down.

Use the pool cue as a lever to open the stuck doors.

If this doesn't work, I'm sorry everyone!
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1406
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 1:42 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh! Just read your post. That's comforting to know! =)
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 929
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 1:49 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok I can't resist...just one more, I have to try this! I trust we won't reach 88 yet, since our acceleration rate has gone down. Good move trying it...it worked!

Use the pool cue as a lever to open the stuck doors. You jam the old reliable pool cue into the crack in the doors and strain to pry them open. They give a little, then some more, before finally, Ol' Reliable snaps in two, both halves falling out of the train.

You take a moment of mournful silence to remember your lost friend; after all, he's been with you from the very beginning.

........................................................................*sniffles*...........................................................................

OK, moment of silence over. On the plus side, the train doors are wide open. You can feel the wind whipping past you, and the rain pelting your face. The speedometer has reached 85 mph. It's now or never!


If this doesn't work, I'm sorry everyone!

Oh! Just read your post. That's comforting to know! =) No problem. I think you know what to do now....
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1407
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 1:57 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Toss the money out! Oh yeah!
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 933
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 2:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Toss the money out! Oh yeah! You take a quick glance at Lockhart. He's still distracted. The speedometer reaches 87 mph. You're near the top of the hill. And the lightning is strong....

You say a quick prayer of thanks, then grab the wad of money and hurl it out the open door.

Seeing this, Lockhart dives forward, straight past you, out the door, and into the cold, wet blackness. He tumbles down the hill, oblivious to what's just happened until it's too late.

In that instant, the speedometer reaches 88 mph, the train reaches the peak of the hill, and lightning strikes the smokestack. There is a bright blue flash....

(TO BE CONTINUED...next post)
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 934
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 2:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

**********EPILOGUE**********

You wake up. Apparently, you passed out after the train passed through time. You're still on the same train, but now you're alone. All the characters have gone, and Lockhart's still stuck in the past.

You look out the train window to find that you're in an old scrapyard. The lights of a city can be seen in the distance, so you walk out the door, out of the scrapyard, and into the city.

The first building you pass is a modern video rental shop. You walk inside, and the first thing you see is a calendar. It's 2010. You made it.

You keep walking in the shop for a while, checking out a few DVD covers. Sure enough, everyone's back in place. Frequency, Paycheck, Back to the Future, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest...all normal. Even the cover of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets looks the same, although Lockhart looks even more angry than normal. Hmmm...

You put that thought out of your mind and leave the video shop. Absentmindedly, you slip your hand into your pocket to find...one bill. A $100 bill from 1891.

Consulting the nearest map, you figure out where the nearest museum is and walk over there. They pay you a LOT of money for that single bill - more than enough for a plane ticket home.

The airport's nearby, so you head over there. As you walk, you wonder where John went...he doesn't seem to have anywhere special to go. But as you walk, the thought wanders from your mind.

(TO BE CONCLUDED...next post)
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 935
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 2:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Pretty soon, you're leaning back in your window seat, more than ready to be home. You notice that you got one of those nice planes with the individual screens for each passenger. Nice.

The plane takes off, and after the typical airplane safety video, you decide to listen to some music. You slip on the complimentary headphones, but can't decide what to listen to, so you tell your screen to pick a random song. Or rather, you push the "Shuffle All" button. Talking to a screen tends to accomplish very little.

The sound of an acoustic guitar comes into your ears, before the lyrics start. As the singer starts to sing, you jolt up...that's the bartender! Enraptured, you listen closely to the lyrics as the plane hurtles through the air, bringing you home:

Just a few years ago,
I headed out from home.
Didn't have nowhere else to live,
Ended up somewhere cold.
Things got bad, and things got worse,
But one day changed it all,
I'm not stuck in Lodi no more.

Walked in on my two feet,
Took a crazy train away.
I was there for too many years,
Thought forever I would stay.
But then help came from nowhere,
Better than any food.
Oh Lord, I'm out of Lodi for good.

There were others in that town,
But they all died away.
Somewhere I lost connections,
Looked like I was there to stay.
I was the town, a ghost, you'd say,
Yes, I was the only one.
But now, my time in Lodi is done.

I no longer need a dollar
For ev'ry drink I pulled.
I don't need a life of riches,
Or anything of this world.
'Cause now I've got my freedom
And now I thank the Lord,
I'm not stuck in Lodi no more,
I'm not stuck in Lodi no more.


**********SPOILER**********

Wow! This was great fun, and there are so many people I have to thank. You all asked great questions - ISH, Biograd, Hominid, Vadron, Noel, Galfisk, Samurai, Deathateaster....wow.

Special thanks to Alhucema and Ohlala for sticking with this for so long, and asking so many excellent questions.

And two extra-special thanks. First, Gourami: Even though you didn't participate in this, I want to thank you for being the inspiration for this puzzle. I just wish that I could have found the site sooner so I could have seen your adventure in action, and that this adventure could have been half as great as yours.

And finally, Jumpingjack. What can I say? You've been with this from the beginning and stuck it out all the way, through two weeks of puzzling (including one eight-hour stretch with few breaks, if any!) and over 300 posts. I don't know how you did it, but I deeply admire your persistence, perseverance, and devotion. Nice work - can't wait to see more of it.

And so, after just under two weeks of puzzling, this lateral adventure comes to a close. It seems like it was so much longer, and towards the close, part of my was dying to finish this, and the other part never wanted it to end. Just like high school....

And just for information's sake, the song at the end is to the tune of "Lodi" by CCR, only with my own lyrics to fit the puzzle.

Anyway, that's everything. See you next puzzle, and keep on lateral...ing!

**********FIN**********
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
New member
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1408
Registered: 3-2006
Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 3:49 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you!!!! That was great fun and I'm sad it had to end too. Should have kept suggesting silly things like pulling Lockhart into a waltz, so that our adventure would be prolonged and the speedometer would creep up in fractions... =P But of course, you can always (and you should) make another one! =) I'm excited already!
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 952
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 4:15 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lockhart waltzing...don't know how I would've responded to that. And yes, the speedometer would've gone up in increasingly infintessimal fractions...sigh.

I've got a whole bunch of puzzle ideas rattling around, and I just put up my first rulebreaker, so hopefully I'll get around to another one of these. But for now...to quote one Samuel Gerard:

"...It's over. You know I'm glad. I need the rest."

(Couldn't resist the final movie reference, sorry!)
Alhucema (Alhucema)
New member
Username: Alhucema

Post Number: 2426
Registered: 11-2008
Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 10:39 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Great puzzle, and great fun, Balin! Thank you for that!

Actually, this was the first lateral adventure I was able to follow until the end. Although I love this kind of puzzles, I am perhaps more of a visual type and find most of them hard to follow around all the corridors and different kinds of buildings. Yours was much easier for me to visualize and rememeber, so as to say. You also gave the right hints at the right time, which was very helpful.

Thanks again, Balin and I will be very much looking forward to a next adventure in the future (preferably a bit earlier than for your University graduation ;-))
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 962
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the compliment. I was so nervous throughout the whole thing that I would give not enough hints, too many hints, etc. But I guess this went well for everyone, so...that's a good thing. Phew! *wipes forehead*

I've got a few ideas for a future adventure rattling around, but I'll wait on those for a little bit. I've got a ton of potential puzzles that have been waiting patiently for their turn, so hopefully I'll get around to my next adventure soon.

And just one question: "Balin and I will be...looking forward"? I thought I was Balin?
It_so_happened (It_so_happened)
New member
Username: It_so_happened

Post Number: 300
Registered: 5-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 2:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Enjoyed the puzzle! I didn't participate much at the end, because I've been busy and eventually lost track of what all was going on, but I liked checking back now and then to see what was happening, since it seemed like the place to be!

And it inspired a puzzle series idea I am now working on, which hopefully I will finish soon.

Looking forward to more!
Alhucema (Alhucema)
New member
Username: Alhucema

Post Number: 2431
Registered: 11-2008
Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 4:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, my fault, I forgot a comma. It should have read "thanks again, Balin, and I will be etc.."

Sorry for having confused you as to your identity ;-))
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 972
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 4:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's all right, we all get "Eating Grandma" syndrome sometimes. I know I do it all the time when writing essays.

(In case you're wondering, I just made that name up. It comes from the old "After eating Grandma, we took a nap" elementary school grammar lesson.)
Alhucema (Alhucema)
New member
Username: Alhucema

Post Number: 2432
Registered: 11-2008
Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 7:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That's good! LOL!

Before I read your post to the end, I was wondering indeed. I imagined that perhaps the Eating Grandma is a kind of a mischievous goblin which wanders around the pages and eats commas, full stops and a stray letter or two. :-)) I definitely have must have one somewhere in my PC.

And, last but not least, I wanted to tell you that I think your hints were exactly what the puzzle needed - you always provided the information we needed at the moment, but you did not overflood us with too much of it. Nice and neat.
Vadron (Vadron)
New member
Username: Vadron

Post Number: 66
Registered: 5-2010
Posted on Wednesday, June 16, 2010 - 5:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Lockhart's still stuck in the past."

How can you be still stuck in the past?

Nevermind. I read too many time travel stories.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 1015
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, June 16, 2010 - 6:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You know, come to think of it, I have no idea how that could be possible. *Self-facepalm*

Wait, I think I've got it. You and everyone else were all stuck in the past, but you all got out, so you're no longer stuck in the past. Lockhart did not, so he is still stuck in the past. Although, come to think of it...past...present...same-timeline...paradox...confusing-self....

*Shakes head back/forth rapidly* Never mind. Turning off brain now.

Add Your Message Here
Post:
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: