[Kyeannpepper] Is Going to Regret This Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - September 2012 » [Kyeannpepper] Is Going to Regret This « Previous Next »

Author Message
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 715
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2012 - 12:57 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I should really know better than to have two 'ventures up at a time, but I really like the idea for this one. It's a bit make-it-up-as-you-go-along, though. So, if I post another, normal puzzle in a bit, please don't be annoyed. But this should keep me entertained. And my other 'venture has the rooms planned out! Questions, por favor?

You are in a small, confined space. Proceed.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3924
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2012 - 1:10 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

These are some of the best puzzles. I have one that I'm keeping in the tank until the others are done. A little adventure goes a long way...

Is the space completely dark?
Any visible light?
Trying reaching in these directions and see what you touch:
Up
Down
Left
Right
Front
Behind
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 717
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2012 - 1:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

These are some of the best puzzles. I have one that I'm keeping in the tank until the others are done. A little adventure goes a long way... I know, I should really wait for some others to be done first. But this is my favorite type of puzzle, so...

Is the space completely dark? Not quite.
Any visible light? You can make out a faint glow, rather like the glow from a digital clock.
Trying reaching in these directions and see what you touch:
Up You can't quite manage this, for some reason. Your very body seems to be unable...
Down You reach down and feel soft cushions and a blanket.
Left You can't do this very well, but reach to the left and feel metal bars!
Right To the right are more of the bars!
Front Guess what? More bars.
Behind I'll give you three guesses. Fine, it's more metal bars.
Kiariehanata (Kiariehanata)
New member
Username: Kiariehanata

Post Number: 1
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2012 - 8:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you laying down? Sitting? Standing?

Describe yourself? What are you wearing? Do you have any pockets? If so, check them.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17085
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2012 - 6:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Welcome to the forum Kiarie!

How far to the left/right/front/back can you reach before you hit the bars?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 720
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2012 - 7:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Welcome to the forum, Kiarie!

Are you laying down? Sitting? Standing? You are laying down.

Describe yourself? What are you wearing? Do you have any pockets? If so, check them. You can't see very well, but you seem to be wearing one of those one-piece pajamas with the foot things (I have no idea what they're really called), although this one has hands attached as well. It's gray, and has no pockets.

How far to the left/right/front/back can you reach before you hit the bars? You can reach about three inches to the left or right before reaching the bars, and about five inches to the front or back.
Kiariehanata (Kiariehanata)
New member
Username: Kiariehanata

Post Number: 3
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2012 - 8:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you =)

Can you feel underneath the cushions and blanket?
Can you open the cushions? Sometimes they have zippers. If so, what's inside?
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3927
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2012 - 8:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Am I inside a box? Coffin? Something that would be about that size with that amount of clearance?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 723
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2012 - 10:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you feel underneath the cushions and blanket? Yes, there's a hard-feels like plastic-floor.
Can you open the cushions? Sometimes they have zippers. If so, what's inside? These cushions don't have zippers.

Am I inside a box? Coffin? Something that would be about that size with that amount of clearance? You don't think so, you've got enough room to stand and turn around.
Kiariehanata (Kiariehanata)
New member
Username: Kiariehanata

Post Number: 6
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2012 - 11:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You said there was a faint glow. Can you see where it's coming from? Or anything around it?

Can you feel anything outside the bars by sticking your arms through them?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17092
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, May 19, 2012 - 3:17 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you climb up the bars enough to feel the ceiling?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 727
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Saturday, May 19, 2012 - 6:19 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You said there was a faint glow. Can you see where it's coming from? Or anything around it? You can just barely make out the glow's source. A digital clock-it looks like it's a clock on a stove-reads 11:59 PM. Other than the various buttons on the stove-Bake, Timer and such-you can't see anything around it.

Can you feel anything outside the bars by sticking your arms through them? You can't fit your arms through the bars, there isn't enough space. The bars go horizontally as well as vertically.

Can you climb up the bars enough to feel the ceiling? You can very easily. The ceiling is made of plastic, like the floor. Wait-when you push on it a bit, it moves!
Kiariehanata (Kiariehanata)
New member
Username: Kiariehanata

Post Number: 17
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Saturday, May 19, 2012 - 6:22 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well then climb out!
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 729
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Saturday, May 19, 2012 - 6:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well then climb out! By pushing very hard on the ceiling, you manage to push the ceiling all the way over. You climb out, feeling relieved, and find yourself in a kitchen with fridge, stove, oven, microwave, cabinets, and one of those counter islands in the middle. Doors lead out of the kitchen to the left and in front of you (across the room).
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17101
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, May 19, 2012 - 5:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the kitchen well-lit? Are there any light sources?

What shape is the counter island?

Is there anything in the stove? Oven? Microwave? Cabinets? Fridge?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 733
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Saturday, May 19, 2012 - 7:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the kitchen well-lit? Are there any light sources? The only light source is the clock on the stove-it is nearly midnight.

What shape is the counter island? It's a rectangle, roughly a 2:1 ratio.

Is there anything in the stove? Nothing. Oven? Nope. Microwave? No. Cabinets? They're locked. Fridge? Ditto.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17105
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, May 19, 2012 - 7:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are the doors leading out of the room locked?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 735
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, May 20, 2012 - 2:24 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are the doors leading out of the room locked? The one in front of you is, but the one to the left is not.
Biograd (Biograd)
New member
Username: Biograd

Post Number: 2057
Registered: 6-2008
Posted on Sunday, May 20, 2012 - 7:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That thing you were in sounds rather like a crib, so are you adult size? or are you a little kid? Can you reach things at a normal adult height?

Go through the door on the left.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 739
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2012 - 5:06 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That thing you were in sounds rather like a crib, so are you adult size? or are you a little kid? Can you reach things at a normal adult height? You seem to be the height of a small child. In fact, looking down, you realize you are crawling!

Go through the door on the left. You head towards the door. Upon considering how to open it, you suddenly black out. When you come to, the door is open and the clock tells you that you've only been out for a few minutes. Strange.... Anyways, you head through the door and enter a living room.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 28
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2012 - 4:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Those footie pj's are (or used to be) called Dr. Dentons.
Now that you are in the living room, are you still a child? Still wearing Dr. Dentons?
Describe the living room, please.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 742
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2012 - 5:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Those footie pj's are (or used to be) called Dr. Dentons. Soli, you are amazing! Thank you.
Now that you are in the living room, are you still a child? Still wearing Dr. Dentons? Yes to both.
Describe the living room, please. A couch, two leather chairs, a lamp, a TV, and a DVD player.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17118
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2012 - 6:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Turn on the lamp. Is anything revealed in more detail?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 745
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2012 - 6:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Turn on the lamp. Is anything revealed in more detail? You walk-er, crawl-over to the lamp. Once again, you black out momentarily and when you come to, the light is on. However, the extra light doesn't reveal anything else.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17123
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2012 - 7:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Turn on the TV. Anything on?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 748
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2012 - 7:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Turn on the TV. Anything on? You find the remote and black out again. When you awaken, the TV is on, displaying Mario Kart for Wii.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17126
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, May 22, 2012 - 12:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is there a Wii near the television?
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 30
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Tuesday, May 22, 2012 - 3:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm worried about all these blackouts. Do you know or have any way of finding out how long they last?
You say the Dr. Dentons have hands as well as feet. Mitten-type? Have you taken them off? Is there something about the mitts or hand-covering that could be shocking you?
Have you tried to stand up?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 751
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Tuesday, May 22, 2012 - 4:02 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is there a Wii near the television? Yes.

I'm worried about all these blackouts. Do you know or have any way of finding out how long they last? The first one only lasted a few minutes, and you don't think the others have been any longer.
You say the Dr. Dentons have hands as well as feet. Mitten-type? Yes. Have you taken them off? No, you haven't. Is there something about the mitts or hand-covering that could be shocking you? You don't think so.
Have you tried to stand up? No.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 32
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 1:50 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try and see what happens.

Are you actually a small child, or are you just very short (in the puzzle)?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 761
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 2:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try and see what happens. You try to stand up and fall back down.

Are you actually a small child, or are you just very short (in the puzzle)? To the best of your knowledge, you are a small child that is still crawling.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 34
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 3:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Call for help. Can you form a sentence, or just cry?
If nobody comes, go back to watching TV. Maybe there will be something on the screen that will help you.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 763
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 10:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Call for help. Can you form a sentence, or just cry? You try, but you can only cry. It sounds a lot like mewling.
If nobody comes, go back to watching TV. Maybe there will be something on the screen that will help you. You do so. Amazingly, a commercial comes on.
Narrator: Having sudden blackouts? Don't know where they're coming from?
The screen flashes through several clips of people suddenly collapsing on the spot.
Narrator: Finding that you need to do something, black out, and when you come to, what you need is done?
The screen shows people nodding and agreeing with the narrator.
Narrator: Well, we know what's wrong with you!
Screen shows people looking excited.
Narrator: What's happening is-
The sentence is cut short when the power goes out.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 37
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 4:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Has everything gone off (lamp, etc) or only the TV?
Cry some more - I would.
Then wait a few minutes - the power might come back on by itself.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 768
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 11:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Has everything gone off (lamp, etc) or only the TV? Just the TV.
Cry some more - I would. You continue to cry. You soon hear sound from upstairs. A man comes down and looks down at you, muttering "Pets-more trouble than they're worth". He picks you up by the neck of the Dr. Dentons and puts you back in the cage through the front-it had been locked shut with a simple sliding bolt.
Then wait a few minutes - the power might come back on by itself. Well, it wouldn't do you much good now.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17148
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, May 25, 2012 - 3:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you by any chance human?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 770
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Friday, May 25, 2012 - 4:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you by any chance human? Well, you look like it (*smashes fourth wall* but this is a lateral adventure! *repairs fourth wall*), but you can't be sure.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 39
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Friday, May 25, 2012 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Has the man left? What does he look like?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 771
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Friday, May 25, 2012 - 4:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Has the man left? He has, closing the door to the living room behind him. What does he look like? He looked about 6 feet tall, and had brown hair. He was wearing an old white T-shirt and blue shorts.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 40
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Friday, May 25, 2012 - 4:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you recognize him as someone you know?
Try again to escape. Maybe you can get out the way you did before. Or try pushing back the bolt, if you can. Is there something in the cage you could use as a tool?
Are you still having blackouts?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 772
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Friday, May 25, 2012 - 5:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you recognize him as someone you know? No.
Try again to escape. Maybe you can get out the way you did before. Or try pushing back the bolt, if you can. Is there something in the cage you could use as a tool? You're able to escape the same way you did before.
Are you still having blackouts? You haven't had any again so far.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 41
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Saturday, May 26, 2012 - 2:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Get out the same way you did before. Explore the kitchen. Cabinets still locked?
Are there windows? If so, can you see out of them, or climb up to where you can? What do you see?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 775
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, May 27, 2012 - 12:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Get out the same way you did before. Explore the kitchen. Cabinets still locked? Yes.
Are there windows? No. If so, can you see out of them, or climb up to where you can? What do you see?
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 43
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Sunday, May 27, 2012 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No windows? What kind of kitchen is this??
Try listening. Can you hear anything that might indicate where you are?
The other door - the one that doesn't lead to the living room - investigate that. If you can't open it, look through the keyhole.
Surely there is a fridge. Open it if you can. Is there something you can eat? (But be careful!)
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 778
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, May 27, 2012 - 7:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No windows? What kind of kitchen is this?? A District 13 one, of course (and there goes my Hunger Games obsession again...)!
Try listening. Can you hear anything that might indicate where you are? No, not really.
The other door - the one that doesn't lead to the living room - investigate that. If you can't open it, look through the keyhole. It has a basic keyhole. You peek through it and get a glimpse of a room with two chairs and a side table.
Surely there is a fridge. Open it if you can. Is there something you can eat? (But be careful!) There is a fridge, but it's locked.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 44
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Sunday, May 27, 2012 - 11:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A locked fridge? I don't like these people!
Are there mats or something like that on the floor? If so, look under them. Maybe there is a key or something.
Can you lift up the cage and look under it? Any other possible hidey-holes?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 780
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Monday, May 28, 2012 - 12:58 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A locked fridge? I don't like these people! Maybe they have small children. Or are on a diet.
Are there mats or something like that on the floor? If so, look under them. Maybe there is a key or something. No mats.
Can you lift up the cage and look under it? Any other possible hidey-holes? No.
You think that the guy only came and put you back in the cage because you were making so much noise.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 46
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Monday, May 28, 2012 - 3:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Looks like you are stymied, then.
Since you are the 'pet' did they leave some food/water for you? If so, and you are hungry, eat it and then go to sleep. That's what I am going to do. Maybe in the a.m. when we are fresh, we will be able to think of a way out of this.
You do want to get out, don't you?

Passing thought: You are a human child, aren't you? Slip off the mitts & footies and look at your hands & feet. Are they hairy?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 781
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Monday, May 28, 2012 - 4:19 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Looks like you are stymied, then.
Since you are the 'pet' did they leave some food/water for you? Yes. If so, and you are hungry, eat it and then go to sleep. That's what I am going to do. Maybe in the a.m. when we are fresh, we will be able to think of a way out of this. You eat the food (salmon flavor) and drink some water, then go back to sleep.
You do want to get out, don't you? Yes.

Passing thought: You are a human child, aren't you? You think so, but you can't be sure. Slip off the mitts & footies and look at your hands & feet. Are they hairy? You can't take off the mittens or the footies.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 48
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Monday, May 28, 2012 - 6:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Feel of your face. Even through the cloth, you should be able to tell if your face is furry. Is it?
Are you a boy or a girl? Or does it matter?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 783
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Monday, May 28, 2012 - 8:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Feel of your face. Even through the cloth, you should be able to tell if your face is furry. Is it? You think it is.
Are you a boy or a girl? Or does it matter? It doesn't seem to matter.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 49
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Monday, May 28, 2012 - 10:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Test the thesis that you are a cat (in Dr. Dentons?). Canyou meow? purr? Do you have vibrasae?
But you can tell time and understand the TV. Is there something you can test your reading skills on?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 784
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Monday, May 28, 2012 - 11:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Test the thesis that you are a cat (in Dr. Dentons?). Canyou meow? purr? Do you have vibrasae? You seem to be able to/have all of the above! In fact, as you look, the Dr. Dentons transform into fur, and the mittens turn into paws. You are indeed a kitteh.
But you can tell time and understand the TV. Is there something you can test your reading skills on? Nothing in the kitchen, perhaps there's something in the living room.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 50
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2012 - 5:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you get into the living room? I thought the man locked the door behind him. If you can, co go into the l.r.
I know it will be difficult to turn the knob with paws, but I knew cats who could do it.

Are you a were-cat? Maybe you will have to wait till the moon's phases change.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 786
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2012 - 9:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you get into the living room? I thought the man locked the door behind him. If you can, co go into the l.r. You can get into the room, the guy didn't lock the door. Sorry for any misunderstandings.
I know it will be difficult to turn the knob with paws, but I knew cats who could do it. It's a lever sort of knob, but that doesn't really matter. This time, you don't black out, and are able to open the door to the living room.

Are you a were-cat? Maybe you will have to wait till the moon's phases change. Who knows, but you hope you won't have to wait that long to be a human again.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 53
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2012 - 11:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you sure you were human to begin with? ; -). Although the fact you were wearing Dr. Denton's surely means something.
Look around again. What do you see? Are there windows you can see out of? If so, what does 'out' look like? Is there a cat-flap?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 788
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Wednesday, May 30, 2012 - 5:02 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you sure you were human to begin with? ; -). Although the fact you were wearing Dr. Denton's surely means something. Who knows *shrugs*?
Look around again. What do you see? The same stuff as before. Are there windows you can see out of? No windows. If so, what does 'out' look like? Is there a cat-flap? No cat-flap, although there is a scratching post and a litter box.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 55
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Wednesday, May 30, 2012 - 5:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No windows in the living room??!! What kind of house is this?? Is it underground?
Are there doors to other rooms or to the outdoors?
I will now leave, to give you privacy to use the litter box.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 790
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Wednesday, May 30, 2012 - 6:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No windows in the living room??!! What kind of house is this?? Is it underground? Maybe...
I will now leave, to give you privacy to use the litter box. You do so.
IMPORTANT ANOUNCEMENT: I have lost my map of the house, and therefore will be unable to answer any location-related questions until I find it. I can still answer questions about individual items in the room we are in, i.e. the TV, the Wii, things like that, and questions about ourself. Thank you for your patience.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 56
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Wednesday, May 30, 2012 - 7:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Turn on the TV, if you can. Any blackouts? What's on? Any clue to where you are geographically - city, area, country? Will it help if you do find out?
Maybe the same commercial will come back on.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 792
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Wednesday, May 30, 2012 - 9:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Turn on the TV, if you can. Any blackouts? What's on? Any clue to where you are geographically - city, area, country? Will it help if you do find out? You turn on the TV-no blackout. You can't tell where you are, and you doubt it will help.
Maybe the same commercial will come back on. It does. You finally get to watch the end:
Narrator: You're really a cat! Now that you know, no more blackouts!
Screen shows the people suddenly turning into cats and purring.
Narrator: This has been Strange Conditions. Next week: Painless people!
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 58
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 2:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is this the $poyler? What else do we need to find out? Do we need to get out of the house? Maybe you are an indoor cat. It's dangerous out there!
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 793
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2012 - 1:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is this the $poyler? No, because if finding out what you were was the puzzle, why would I need a map of the house? What else do we need to find out? *shrugs* Who knows? (Well, I do, but telling you would $poil the puzzle xP) Do we need to get out of the house? No. Maybe you are an indoor cat. It's dangerous out there! Probably, considering you have a litter box and you haven't seen a cat flap.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If I don't find my map of the house soon (or remember enough of it to draw a new one), I'll jump straight into the second part of the 'venture. If I DO find the map (or draw a new one from what I remember), the 'venture will continue as planned, and the second part will be a separate puzzle, to be posted only after Wieck 3 is done *nods at Ixoye*.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 59
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2012 - 7:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, while you are waiting to remember, take a look at my "Hair of the dog" puzzle. It is sort of related to this puzzle - tho I didn't know when I started it - in a 2nd cousin once removed kind of way.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 808
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, June 03, 2012 - 9:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, while you are waiting to remember, take a look at my "Hair of the dog" puzzle. It is sort of related to this puzzle - tho I didn't know when I started it - in a 2nd cousin once removed kind of way. Did so, and as you saw, I know most of the $poiler. So I can't ask questions, although I'd be glad to help kick-start the puzzle again if you ever need me to.

IMPOrTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: I have remembered enough of the map to rebuild it, and while I'm sure the basic layout has changed majorly, the challenges should remain the same. Feel free to continue asking questions about getting around again!
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 60
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Monday, June 04, 2012 - 4:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, Kyeann, I can use your help!
Now, as to your puzzle: Is it a 2-story house? 1? 1 1/2? other? or is that relevant?
Is where the bedrooms are relevant?
Does the front door open directly into the living room (is there a front door?) or is there a hallway/foyer? No cat flap, but is there a mail slot?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 813
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Monday, June 04, 2012 - 5:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, Kyeann, I can use your help! I'll head on over!
Now, as to your puzzle: Is it a 2-story house? 1? 1 1/2? other? or is that relevant? You haven't seen stairs yet, and you doubt it's relevant.
Is where the bedrooms are relevant? No.
Does the front door open directly into the living room (is there a front door?) or is there a hallway/foyer? No cat flap, but is there a mail slot? You haven't seen a front door yet.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 63
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 1:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, get busy and look!
Oh, I forgot. You're a cat - you have to spend 20 hours a day sleeping.
All right, when you wake up, have a look around. What do you see/hear/taste?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 820
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 3:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, get busy and look! *yawn* You feel so tired...
Oh, I forgot. You're a cat - you have to spend 20 hours a day sleeping. You gratefully take a nap, and wake up refreshed.
All right, when you wake up, have a look around. What do you see/hear/taste? You can hear birds chirping-sounds like it's morning-and smell bacon and eggs cooking in the kitchen.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: My mother has once again thrown away my copy of the map. I will re-draw it, and this time place it somewhere she will not throw it away. Until then, well, you know the drill.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 821
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 4:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ignore that last announcement. I found it, it was on the back of another paper.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 64
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 7:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you can get back into the kitchen, go in there and look hopeful. Maybe you can score some bacon. Is it the same person, or another family member doing the cooking?
If you can hear birds, there must be a window somewhere. Can you find it?
or maybe there is a bird in a cage. Yum - dinner!
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 822
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you can get back into the kitchen, go in there and look hopeful. Maybe you can score some bacon. Is it the same person, or another family member doing the cooking? It's another person, this time a woman. You go in and look as cute as you can manage. You score two pieces of slightly burnt bacon and an egg!
If you can hear birds, there must be a window somewhere. Can you find it? You haven't seen any windows.
or maybe there is a bird in a cage. Yum - dinner! You notice a bird in a cage on top of a counter. It wasn't there before-you think the owners moved it there sometime while you were napping. You could easily reach it, but the lady is watching you-better not get in trouble.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 65
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 2:22 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Describe the woman, if you think it is relevant. If she is sympathetic, maybe she will let you explore, or at least turn on the TV for you.

Describe the bird. Size? Canary? parrot? budgie? etc.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 824
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 5:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Describe the woman, if you think it is relevant. If she is sympathetic, maybe she will let you explore, or at least turn on the TV for you. The woman has brown hair and eyes. She's of average height, and is wearing a yellow T-shirt and jeans. You scratch at the locked door. She smiles and says, "The litter box is in the other room, you silly kitty. Although that does remind me, we need a new key to that lock. I lost it somewhere in the living room and haven't been able to find it." She raises her voice. "John, when you go out, be a dear and get a new key for the front room, would you?" You hear the man from last night replying that he can't, as the place is closed on Sundays.

Describe the bird. Size? Canary? parrot? budgie? etc. As you watch, the bird begins to sing a familiar four-note tune. You realize that it's a mockingjay (AHH!! Hunger Games obsession again...sorry!).
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 66
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 3:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, I'm not a Hunger Games fan, so maybe I'm missing something in this puzzle.
It's just you and me now, Kyeann. Maybe somebodyu else needs to have some input here.
Anyway, we know it is Sunday.
If the family goes to church, you might have a chance to look outside, or to explore inside. If they stay home and read the paper, you might get a chance to read it too, while pretending to play with it. Can you still read, tell time, etc?
Are there other members of the family, do you know? A - shudder - dog?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 828
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 5:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, I'm not a Hunger Games fan, so maybe I'm missing something in this puzzle. Oh, you're not. Hunger Games knowledge isn't necessary for this puzzle, I'm just sticking it in when I get the opportunity.
It's just you and me now, Kyeann. Maybe somebody else needs to have some input here. Maybe. But you're doing a great job, yourself!
Anyway, we know it is Sunday. *nods and agrees*
If the family goes to church, you might have a chance to look outside, or to explore inside. If they stay home and read the paper, you might get a chance to read it too, while pretending to play with it. Can you still read, tell time, etc? Even as the thought occurs to you, the woman yells up to her husband. "John, it's almost time for church!" He comes down the stairs carrying the paper and sets it on the table.
Are there other members of the family, do you know? A - shudder - dog? You don't know. You haven't seen a dog yet, but it could be in another part of the house.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 69
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 8:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check out the newspaper. Might be something you can use in there.
Could there possibly be another cat in the household? If you can speak/undersstand cat, this could be helpful.
Use your cat nose. Smell anything significant, bisides food?
Anyway, when they leave, try to sneak out, even if you don't want to go out. This is typical cat behavior, you know. What do you see?
Oh, if there are stairs, there must be a 2nd story. If you get a chance look for stairs. Then lie on a step and try to trip somebody as they come down. ;->
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 835
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 4:57 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check out the newspaper. Might be something you can use in there. You can't, not while John and his wife are standing right there.
Could there possibly be another cat in the household? If you can speak/understand cat, this could be helpful. You haven't seen another cat, but you'll keep that in mind.
Use your cat nose. Smell anything significant, besides food? No.
Anyway, when they leave, try to sneak out, even if you don't want to go out. This is typical cat behavior, you know. What do you see? John opens the door and you try to dash out. He grabs you by the scruff of the neck. "Marsha, the cat's acting weird. Maybe we should schedule a trip to the vet."
"Okay, I'll call Dr. Collins now!" You hear the beep of a phone dialing, then hear Marsha say, "Yes, Dr. Collins? I'd like a checkup for Princess. Oh, you can see her today right after church? Thanks, that's great!"
Great. Now you've got a visit to the vet to look forward to.
(By the way, Marsha is upstairs-she needed to fix her hair)

Oh, if there are stairs, there must be a 2nd story. If you get a chance look for stairs. Then lie on a step and try to trip somebody as they come down. ;-> You see the stairs, they enter into the kitchen. However, there's a pet gate blocking the way up.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 70
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 3:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, we now know you are a girl cat.
Their vet takes appointments on Sunday, for non-emergencies? Unusual.
I'm assuming they won't take you now and have you wait in the car during services. So while they are gone, do some exploring.
See if you can't get around or jump over the pet gate.
BTW, John & Marsha haven't noticed that a human baby in Dr. Denton's has turned into a cat? and they think you're strange!
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 838
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 7:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, we now know you are a girl cat. Yes, yes we do.
Their vet takes appointments on Sunday, for non-emergencies? Unusual.
I'm assuming they won't take you now and have you wait in the car during services. So while they are gone, do some exploring. John and Marsha leave the house, and don't take you with them.
See if you can't get around or jump over the pet gate. You can't. You've tried under, over, around...nothing works.
BTW, John & Marsha haven't noticed that a human baby in Dr. Denton's has turned into a cat? and they think you're strange! Maybe it's all a matter of perspective...
By the way, when you were trying to get over the gate, you saw the newspaper. An advertisement on the front said: "Dr. Collins. Open on Sunday!" Underneath was a list of hours-they're closed on Friday and Saturday instead.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17201
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 8:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have you tried going through the gate?

Does the gate have a lock, and can you open it?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 839
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 8:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have you tried going through the gate? Yes, you are unable to get through. It's a solid piece of plastic that's just high enough for you to be unable to jump over it.

Does the gate have a lock, and can you open it? You can see one at the very upper edge of the gate. You can't open it for two reasons: 1) You need opposable thumbs and 2) You can't reach it in the first place xP.

Balin! You joined my puzzle *tackle hugs*!
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17207
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, June 08, 2012 - 3:49 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

*gets up slowly* I've been lurking for a while. Haven't been able to think of many questions lately.

Can we nudge anything (like a thick book or small box) in front of the gate, then jump on that and then over the gate?
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 71
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Friday, June 08, 2012 - 6:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

About how far up is the gate located? Are the stairs open on one side or enclosed? Can you possibly shinny up the banisters?
Will this all be an exercise in futility? Is there anything upstairs that will be useful?
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 72
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Friday, June 08, 2012 - 6:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Or rather, the handrail. Or both.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 842
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Friday, June 08, 2012 - 6:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can we nudge anything (like a thick book or small box) in front of the gate, then jump on that and then over the gate? No.

About how far up is the gate located? They're at the bottom of the stairs. Are the stairs open on one side or enclosed? They're enclosed. Can you possibly shinny up the banisters? No.
Will this all be an exercise in futility? Probably xP. Is there anything upstairs that will be useful? You doubt it.

Or rather, the handrail. Or both. Neither would work.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17213
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, June 08, 2012 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are John & Marsha still in the house?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 845
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Friday, June 08, 2012 - 11:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are John & Marsha still in the house? Marsha comes downstairs. At the top of the stairs is another gate, which she opens, steps through, and closes again, and then comes out the gate at the bottom. They exit through the living room.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 75
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Saturday, June 09, 2012 - 1:50 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There's a gate at the top of the stairs too? Maybe you don't really *want* to explore upstairs!
When John opened the front door and you tried to dash out, what did you see? smell? hear?
Don't tell me it was too quick - a cat's reflexes would absorb everything in one glance.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 850
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Saturday, June 09, 2012 - 6:06 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There's a gate at the top of the stairs too? Maybe you don't really *want* to explore upstairs! -_- And the tall, slick, solid plastic gate didn't give you that idea?
When John opened the front door and you tried to dash out, what did you see? smell? hear? You saw a washing machine and dryer. You smelled detergent and fabric softener. And you heard a washing machine and dryer going.
Don't tell me it was too quick - a cat's reflexes would absorb everything in one glance. It was just a laundry room.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 76
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Saturday, June 09, 2012 - 8:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Phoey - I was hoping you could see the outdoors.
Funny sort of house - the laundry room is at the front door instead of off the kitchen. Since you found the plan, can you post it?

After John and Marsha have left, go to the foot of the stairs and yowl as loud as you dare to. See what happes. But first, find a good, safe place to run and hide, if necessary.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 852
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2012 - 5:41 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Phoey - I was hoping you could see the outdoors.
Funny sort of house - the laundry room is at the front door instead of off the kitchen. Since you found the plan, can you post it? BLOOPER ALERT: J and M left through the kitchen, not the living room. And yes, I could post it, but I'd have to remove the room names (some are a bit revealing) and which doors are locked and the key locations. That OK?

After John and Marsha have left, go to the foot of the stairs and yowl as loud as you dare to. See what happens. But first, find a good, safe place to run and hide, if necessary. You find that you can squeeze under the couch pretty easily. You knock agains something hard...hey look, it's a key!
You yowl at the top of your little kitteh voice. Nothing hap-OW! An unbearably high-pitched noise is coming from your collar! Scooting under the couch doesn't help.
.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 81
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2012 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, that's OK - it'll have to be.
Obviously, your humans don't want you to make noise, as that sets your collar off, yes?

Try to get the key out from under the couch. Is that what sets the collar off? Don't know what you can do with it without opposable thumbs, but it's a start.

If you can't get upstairs, then whatever is up there (if anything) can't get down. Is this a fair conclusion? But listen for any noises from above.

Are you sure John & Marsha are human? Maybe they are were-humans.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 854
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2012 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, that's OK - it'll have to be. Okay, I'll put up a link in a bit.
Obviously, your humans don't want you to make noise, as that sets your collar off, yes? You believe so.

Try to get the key out from under the couch. Is that what sets the collar off? Don't know what you can do with it without opposable thumbs, but it's a start. You hook a claw through the hole in the top of the key and drag it from under the couch. It doesn't set off the collar, which, by the way, stopped making the noise after a minute or two.

If you can't get upstairs, then whatever is up there (if anything) can't get down. Is this a fair conclusion? That's reasonable. But listen for any noises from above. You can't hear anything.

Are you sure John & Marsha are human? Maybe they are were-humans. *shrugs* They might be. But then why aren't they cats as well?
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 82
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Monday, June 11, 2012 - 3:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Maybe they are not cats, maybe they are -uh- something else instead.
Better not dwell on this.
Drag the key out to where they can see it when they get back from church. Maybe they will be happy & pet you & forget about going to the vet.
OTWT, maybe it would be a good idea to go to the vet's. Anything to get out of this crazy house!

In the meantime, sit back, lick paws, and think.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 859
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 1:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Maybe they are not cats, maybe they are -uh- something else instead. True. But then wouldn't they have turned into the 'something else' by now?
Better not dwell on this.
Drag the key out to where they can see it when they get back from church. Maybe they will be happy & pet you & forget about going to the vet. You drag the key out to the front room. You manage to hook it in a claw, then place it on the table.
OTWT, maybe it would be a good idea to go to the vet's. Anything to get out of this crazy house! Maybe.

In the meantime, sit back, lick paws, and think. You do s-*cough* *hack* *dry choking noises* HAIRBALL! *more coughing, hacking, etc*
I had to do that. Just once, I had to do that xD.
Oh, and I've tried to get a scan of the house map. But the scanner is refusing to work -_-. I'll make a computerized version soon.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 863
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 9:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've done it! I've finally made the map of the house! Now, either this will work, or it will FAIL. Copy and paste the italicized text, please.
file:///Users/Sam/Desktop/Rachael's%20Stuff/Stories/Other-Stories/Lateral%20Puzzles/LatVenture%203%20Map.jpg
If this doesn't work, I don't know what to do. The image is six times the allowed maximum.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 88
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Friday, June 15, 2012 - 2:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, it didn't work, at least not for me. Could you maybe describe the plan of the house. As one enters the front door, where is the living room? Kitchen? is there a dining room? downstaris bathroom? How many bedrooms upstairs, etc?

Isn't it about time for the family to get back from church? Do you think you had better hide so they will forget about taking you to the vet?
Or hang around and dog (excuse it, pls) their every step, to see what you can find out?

Do the man & woman look familiar? Like your own family, for example, or a neighbors?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 865
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Saturday, June 16, 2012 - 12:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, it didn't work, at least not for me. Could you maybe describe the plan of the house. As one enters the front door, where is the living room? Kitchen? is there a dining room? downstaris bathroom? How many bedrooms upstairs, etc? Actually, no need! Just click on this link. It should work this time, as it is an actual website.
Wow, the hyperlink thing isn't as difficult as I thought it was.


Isn't it about time for the family to get back from church? Yes... Do you think you had better hide so they will forget about taking you to the vet? Maybe. It's your choice.
Or hang around and dog (excuse it, pls) their every step, to see what you can find out? Thinking about it, you realize it'd just make them think you were being weird again, giving them more cause for you to go to the vet's.

Do the man & woman look familiar? Like your own family, for example, or a neighbors? They don't.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 91
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Saturday, June 16, 2012 - 4:02 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've printed out the plan, and will study it overnight.
The key is in the middle of the living room - on the floor, right? Where are you? Get back under the sofa. It's nice & dark under there, so go to sleep. That's what I am going to do.

Or maybe thre is a better hiding place. Try looking up high - on top of a bookcase, maybe?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 869
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Saturday, June 16, 2012 - 4:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've printed out the plan, and will study it overnight. OK.
The key is in the middle of the living room - on the floor, right? No, you found it in the living room-it's on top of the kitchen table. See my June 12th post, which had a BLOOPER: You set it on the kitchen table, not the front room table. The door to the front room is locked. Where are you? In the living room. Get back under the sofa. It's nice & dark under there, so go to sleep. That's what I am going to do. You do so.

Or maybe thre is a better hiding place. Try looking up high - on top of a bookcase, maybe? Nope-that's pretty much the best place. Or at least, the best place you can find that doesn't hold the risk of you falling off in your sleep and dying xP.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17248
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, June 16, 2012 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go through the unlocked door into Room B after you wake up.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 94
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Saturday, June 16, 2012 - 3:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yeah, I knew a cat once who fell off the arm of a sofa while I was watching, & then tried to pretend it was some other cat! Not all kittehs are graceful.
BTW, are you a kitteh or a grown cat? Would this be relevant?
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 95
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Saturday, June 16, 2012 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Looking at my post of early this a.m. (actually yesterday, my time), I don't want to give you the impression that I usually sleep under sofas!
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 872
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Saturday, June 16, 2012 - 11:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go through the unlocked door into Room B after you wake up. Locked.
'U' means 'status unknown', not 'unlocked'. Any unlocked doors will just have the number, not a letter next to it. Sorry!

Yeah, I knew a cat once who fell off the arm of a sofa while I was watching, & then tried to pretend it was some other cat! Not all kittehs are graceful.
BTW, are you a kitteh or a grown cat? Would this be relevant? You are a kitteh, and you doubt it is relevant.
Looking at my post of early this a.m. (actually yesterday, my time), I don't want to give you the impression that I usually sleep under sofas! Actually, I didn't get that impression until you pointed it out xP!
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 96
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Sunday, June 17, 2012 - 3:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, but being a kitten means that you are very small, and can get into small spaces. Keep this in mind as you explore, and remember, if your whiskers fit, you will fit.
Look around until you hear the couple returning (cats have excellent hearing) and then retreat under the sofa.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 874
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, June 17, 2012 - 6:39 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, but being a kitten means that you are very small, and can get into small spaces. Keep this in mind as you explore, and remember, if your whiskers fit, you will fit. You'll keep it in mind, but the owners seem to have kitteh-proofed the house really well.
Look around until you hear the couple returning (cats have excellent hearing) and then retreat under the sofa. You hear the car rolling up the driveway, and then the garage door clanking open. You quickly retreat to the sofa.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 876
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Monday, June 18, 2012 - 8:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

From your spot, you can see John and Marsha come in, talking about the sermon. Marsha stares in surprise at the key on the table. "Honey! It's the key to the front room! The cat must have found it!" You can hear her walking over to the locked door and unlocking it. "Now where's Princess? It's time for her trip to the vet!"
"Probably under the couch. It's her favorite hiding spot," John replies.
Marsha enters the living room and peers under the couch. "Yep, she's under here!" She glances at her watch. "We've still got a few minutes until we have to leave for her appointment."
Excellent. How to get into the front room?
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 99
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 3:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What gets me is that John and Marsha appear to be unfazed by having a cat that turns into a baby periodically. They either must be near-saints or totally evil - strange, anyway.

Or they aer were-humans, too.

They treat you like a cat even when you are human - e.g. the cage, the salmon. So 'cat' must be your basic nature.

How old are you as a cat, do you know? A very small kitteh, or an older one, sort of adolescent? This could make a difference in what you are going to the vet for.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 880
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 4:50 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What gets me is that John and Marsha appear to be unfazed by having a cat that turns into a baby periodically. They either must be near-saints or totally evil - strange, anyway. ...Let's go with 'near-saints'.

Or they are were-humans, too. Or this works.

They treat you like a cat even when you are human - e.g. the cage, the salmon. So 'cat' must be your basic nature. Probably.

How old are you as a cat, do you know? A very small kitteh, or an older one, sort of adolescent? This could make a difference in what you are going to the vet for. You are a very small and fluffy kitteh. And you are going to the vet because apparently trying to dash out to the laundry room is 'weird behavior' for you.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 101
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I dunno, sounds like perfectly normal cat behavior to me.
You want to explore the locked room, yes? So see if they open it. From its location on the plan, and from what you could see through the keyhole, it is probably a dining room. Can you confirm this?
Why would anyone lock their dining room, if that's what it is? Expensive china, maybe? Or something similar? or sinister?
But you say J & M are good people, almost saintly?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 882
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 5:10 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I dunno, sounds like perfectly normal cat behavior to me. Perhaps they've taught you not to try and escape? Or perhaps you've got a shock collar on.
You want to explore the locked room, yes? So see if they open it. They did. From its location on the plan, and from what you could see through the keyhole, it is probably a dining room. Can you confirm this? You dash into the room that's been unlocked. It is indeed a dining room.
Why would anyone lock their dining room, if that's what it is? Expensive china, maybe? Or something similar? or sinister? M calls out to J. "John, remind me to get the door on the china cabinet fixed. It's so irritating to have to lock the whole dining room just for a bit of Wedgwood!"
But you say J & M are good people, almost saintly? Or were-humans. Or you were never a human at all. One of the three. Doesn't really matter. I will tell you that they aren't evil.
I've updated the map with our new information and fixed a few typos. Same link as before.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 102
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 1:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is D the foyer or entryway? Is B a bedroom? study? Does E represent the yard? garage/carport? (Seems more logical this would be off the kitchen, but who looks for logic in a lateral puzzle.)
At the risk of sounding like a method actor, what is your motivation? Do you want to become human, like J & M? or do the usual cat things (explore, catch mice & birds, play, generally make a nuisance of yourself?) Get rid of the collar? Are you there for a specific purpose, e.g. destroying a particular piece of Wedgwood china?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 886
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Thursday, June 21, 2012 - 3:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is D the foyer or entryway? No. Is B a bedroom? This one. study? Does E represent the yard? garage/carport? (Seems more logical this would be off the kitchen, but who looks for logic in a lateral puzzle.) None of those. I'd recommend trying to find the keys for those doors first xD.
At the risk of sounding like a method actor, what is your motivation? Do you want to become human, like J & M? or do the usual cat things (explore, catch mice & birds, play, generally make a nuisance of yourself?) Get rid of the collar? Are you there for a specific purpose, e.g. destroying a particular piece of Wedgwood china? You are here for a specific purpose, though not one you've listed.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 104
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Thursday, June 21, 2012 - 3:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is your purpose a human purpose (e.g. spying), or a cat purpose (whatever)?
Is it something only a cat - or something of similar size - could carry out?
Is it something only a kitteh - or something of similar size - could carry out?
Is it something that only a small child - or someone of similar size - could carry out?
Do you know what your purpose is?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 888
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Thursday, June 21, 2012 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is your purpose a human purpose (e.g. spying), or a cat purpose (whatever)?
Is it something only a cat - or something of similar size - could carry out?
Is it something only a kitteh - or something of similar size - could carry out?
Is it something that only a small child - or someone of similar size - could carry out?
Do you know what your purpose is? No, and I really doubt you'll find out what it is until you're in the middle of completing it.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 105
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Friday, June 22, 2012 - 5:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I never do LaVentures, and I'm beginning to understand why! (Grumble, grumble)
All right, look for a key or keys - quick, before they take you to the vet.
And listen closely to what J & M say, no matter how unimportant it seems. Maybe they will drop a clue about what is upstairs. There has to be a reason they have gates at the top and bottom of the stairs.
I suppose it's too much to ask if you have a plan of the upstairs?
Is E something like a game room?
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 109
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Saturday, June 23, 2012 - 1:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Forgot to ask - are you any particular breed of cat, e.g. Siamese, Maine coon, etc? or just ordinary run-of-the alley moggy? Relevant?

The bird - remember the mockingjay? Does it speak cat? or English? or can you speak bird? (For all I know, a mockingjay might be a sort of parrot.) How big is it? Is it relevant, or just part of the decor?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 892
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, June 24, 2012 - 12:05 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I never do LaVentures, and I'm beginning to understand why! (Grumble, grumble) I am honored that the great Soli has bestowed upon my LatVenture the honor of being his first LatVenture!
All right, look for a key or keys - quick, before they take you to the vet. You don't see any. Huh. You decide to examine the other door. Looks like one of those push-button locks (locked from the other side). You need something long, thin and a bit sharp to unlock it.
And listen closely to what J & M say, no matter how unimportant it seems. Maybe they will drop a clue about what is upstairs. There has to be a reason they have gates at the top and bottom of the stairs. M speaks. "John, we really need a better cage for Rue. I'm afraid that Princess will find a way in and eat her! It's such a bother using those gates." You think Rue is the mockingjay's name.
I suppose it's too much to ask if you have a plan of the upstairs? No. I actually never intended for there to be an upstairs, but it just...happened.
Is E something like a game room? No. Most definitely NO.
Forgot to ask - are you any particular breed of cat, e.g. Siamese, Maine coon, etc? or just ordinary run-of-the alley moggy? Relevant? You're an 'ordinary run-of-the-alley moggy'.

The bird - remember the mockingjay? Does it speak cat? or English? or can you speak bird? (For all I know, a mockingjay might be a sort of parrot.) How big is it? Is it relevant, or just part of the decor? Mockingjays-let me explain. So, the Capitol in Hunger Games genetically engineered some birds called jabberjays. They were able to perfectly record and replicate whole human conversations. After they backfired on the Capitol (don't ask), they were abandoned into the wild. Now, all Jabberjays were male, but they mated with female mockingbirds, and created the mockingjay. They are unable to replicate speech of any kind, but can replicate song tunes with amazing accuracy. The mockingjay isn't that relevant, it was just to explain the bird chirps.

And I revise my previous statement: I think once you get to room E or so, you'll realize some of your purpose. I might even give it to you if you get that far.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 112
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Sunday, June 24, 2012 - 5:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

BTW, I'm not a 'him.'
But there is no gate between you and the mockingjay, which is in the kitchen, right? Unless they are referring to the gate on your cage, but wouldn't that be more like a door?
How big is a mockingjay? Small enough to be prey for a small kitten?
If they have any characteristics of their mockingbird parents, they are fiesty enough to take on an elephant - certainly anything human size or less.
I know you said the bird isn't relevant, but I'm curious. Also still wondering about those gats at the top and bottom of the stairs.
Look for something long, thin, and sharp. By the 'other door' do you mean the door to room E?

Somebody come along and help us out, please!!
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 896
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, June 24, 2012 - 11:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

BTW, I'm not a 'him.' *is embarrassed* Sincere apologies, Soli. I'm used to Balin playing my latventures and he's a him, so. Yeah. Again, sorry.
But there is no gate between you and the mockingjay, which is in the kitchen, right? Unless they are referring to the gate on your cage, but wouldn't that be more like a door? She meant the gates on the stairs. She wasn't worried about you getting the Rue when they were home, because they were next to the cage. But when they left, they took Rue upstairs, putting gates between you and her.
How big is a mockingjay? Small enough to be prey for a small kitten? It's about the size of a mockingbird, maybe slightly larger.
If they have any characteristics of their mockingbird parents, they are feisty enough to take on an elephant - certainly anything human size or less. You'll keep that in mind.
I know you said the bird isn't relevant, but I'm curious. Also still wondering about those gates at the top and bottom of the stairs. Like I said, they're to keep you and Rue apart.
Look for something long, thin, and sharp. By the 'other door' do you mean the door to room E? By 'other door' I mean Door 6. Oh, and just so you know, you haven't been declawed *cough cough*

Somebody come along and help us out, please!! Balin! Help us! Or Kaylee! Or someone!
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 114
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Monday, June 25, 2012 - 2:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No offense taken, but I wanted to set the record strait.
I still can't see why they need gates at both the top and bottom of the stairs.
Now you have been declawed, and they are trying to train you not to meow. You can't play with the bird. are there any mice around?
J & M seem to be very controlling people. I wound be very wary when they take you to the vet.

And somebody call a shrink, please!
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 899
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Monday, June 25, 2012 - 3:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I still can't see why they need gates at both the top and bottom of the stairs. In case you went through one while they were going through, maybe? That way you couldn't get upstairs.
Now you have been declawed, and they are trying to train you not to meow. You can't play with the bird. are there any mice around? You doubt it. And you HAVEN'T been declawed. In other words, you still have claws. *cough cough*
J & M seem to be very controlling people. I wound be very wary when they take you to the vet. You'll keep that in mind.
Uh oh. M is heading upstairs, muttering about finding the cat carrier!
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 116
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Tuesday, June 26, 2012 - 2:10 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oops, I misread. Yes, of course you have claws, otherwise you wouldn't have been able to snag the key.
Should you be looking for another key? To room E, maybe?
Doubt your claws would be long enough to pick a lock.
Is the cat carrier different from the cage you sleep in?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 901
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Tuesday, June 26, 2012 - 4:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oops, I misread. Yes, of course you have claws, otherwise you wouldn't have been able to snag the key. No problem.
Should you be looking for another key? To room E, maybe? No.
Doubt your claws would be long enough to pick a lock. You don't need to pick it. Ever seen one of those little push-button locks? The ones with the little holes on the other side? That's what you're looking at.
Is the cat carrier different from the cage you sleep in? M comes downstairs with the carrier. It's a bit smaller than the kennel (I'll call the cat carrier the 'carrier', and what we sleep in the 'kennel' at all times), and has plastic sides instead of wire.
M picks you up to put in the carrier. You hiss and take a swipe at her arms-which are covered in thick leather gloves. On the bright side, your claws look rather long-and sharp! Maybe you can slice through them.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 117
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Tuesday, June 26, 2012 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, can you push the botton? Or is it on the other side?
You probably can't do it now, as they are getting ready to take you to the vet.
Looks like J & M have been through this before. "Rather long and sharp" claws, hmm? I think you must be a were-cat. No little kitteh has claws like that.
Keep up the fight, but don't forget to report back to us.
Better be careful, though, or they might really declaw you.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 904
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Tuesday, June 26, 2012 - 7:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, can you push the botton? Or is it on the other side? The button is on the other side, it's in the 'locked' position (pushed in).
You probably can't do it now, as they are getting ready to take you to the vet. Right.
Looks like J & M have been through this before. "Rather long and sharp" claws, hmm? I think you must be a were-cat. No little kitteh has claws like that. Hm. Long and sharp...where have you heard a description like that before...
Keep up the fight, but don't forget to report back to us. Despite all your fighting, J and M manage to get you in the carrier and load you into the car.
Better be careful, though, or they might really declaw you. They seemed used to it, you don't think they'll declaw you anytime soon.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 118
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2012 - 4:58 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think you are a little young yet to be neutered, but be wary.
It's a fair cop, so relax, maybe even sleep, and save your strength for when you get to the vet. You may need it.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 907
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2012 - 10:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think you are a little young yet to be spayed, but be wary. Got it.
It's a fair cop, so relax, maybe even sleep, and save your strength for when you get to the vet. You may need it. You take a quick catnap (pardon the pun), waking when the car stops. M grabs the carrier and brings you into the building. J walks up to the receptionist's desk and tells her about your appointment. She hands him a card of some sort and he sits down next to M. You peek at the card-it says that the appointment is at 12:30. There's a nearby clock which reads 12:15.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 119
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2012 - 11:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you want to escape, when they take you out of the carrier is a good time to try.
However, maybe you don't. They may be going to give you something for the hairballs. I never sampled this sort of thing myseslf, but cats love it. You might too.
Or maybe they are going to send you to a cat shrink. That would be interesting.

This puzzle is beginning to interfere with my off-forum life, or at least my off-forum fantasy life. I dreamed last night that I was on a road trip with 4 other ladies and a cat - a cat with oddly human eyes.
Do I need a shrink?

And speaking of dreams, why not look in on my 'early morning' puzzle?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 911
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2012 - 1:15 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you want to escape, when they take you out of the carrier is a good time to try. OK.
However, maybe you don't. They may be going to give you something for the hairballs. I never sampled this sort of thing myseslf, but cats love it. You might too. You'll stick around, then.
Or maybe they are going to send you to a cat shrink. That would be interesting. Yes it would.

This puzzle is beginning to interfere with my off-forum life, or at least my off-forum fantasy life. I dreamed last night that I was on a road trip with 4 other ladies and a cat - a cat with oddly human eyes. Glad to hear my puzzle is making such a lasting impression xP.
Do I need a shrink? Nah.

And speaking of dreams, why not look in on my 'early morning' puzzle? Okay.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17268
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, June 29, 2012 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you give a little more detailed description of the carrier?

Is it plastic? Can you slice it open?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 913
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, July 01, 2012 - 2:48 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Balin! You came back! *hugs*

Can you give a little more detailed description of the carrier? It's made of plastic, with small slits in the side for ventilation. It has a metal door-the bars on it go horizontally and vertically. The plastic seems to be made in two pieces, the top and the bottom, held together with something you can't see, as it's on the outside.

Is it plastic? Yes. Can you slice it open? You try, but the plastic is too tough and thick.

The clock now reads 12:20...
Incidentally, this trip to the vet will last until Tuesday, as I won't have access to my house map until then. Note that it is my house map, which means that it has important notes, such as how to unlock the doors and the different obstacles xP.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17276
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2012 - 1:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Busy with work. This is my 6th day in a row, but I do have the weekend off.

Can you sneak a claw into the crack where the plastic top meets the plastic bottom, and open the carrier that way?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 923
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2012 - 8:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you sneak a claw into the crack where the plastic top meets the plastic bottom, and open the carrier that way? You try. All that happens is you nearly wrench your claw out. Ouch.

The clock now reads 12:25...
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17285
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2012 - 3:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, let's wait until 12:30 and try to escape when we get out of the cat carrier.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 930
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, July 08, 2012 - 3:22 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, let's wait until 12:30 and try to escape when we get out of the cat carrier. Right as the clock strikes 12:30, the receptionist tells J and M that "Dr. Collins is ready to see them now". They stand up, open a door, and carry the carrier into another room. In here, a tall woman with black hair, wearing a white jacket, a blue shirt, and khaki pants, is standing behind a desk-like thing. After closing the door, J and M open the door of the kennel.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17292
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, July 14, 2012 - 1:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try and... oh, wait, they closed the door.

Are there any apparent exits from this room?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 935
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Saturday, July 14, 2012 - 4:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try and... oh, wait, they closed the door. Yup.

Are there any apparent exits from this room? The door you just came in, another door on the other side of the room (also closed).
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 125
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 3:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the person you describe actually the vet, or an assistant?
What does the asst/vet do? Do they try to take your temp? Don't fight it, that will only make things worse. But you don't have to like it either.
Keep us informed.
Any chance the vet could be a were-vet? :->.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 937
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 7:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the person you describe actually the vet, or an assistant? You examine the person further and see a name badge labeled "Dr. Collins". So, the vet.
What does the asst/vet do? Do they try to take your temp? Don't fight it, that will only make things worse. But you don't have to like it either.
Keep us informed. J and M explain about your unusual behavior. Fortunately, Dr. Collins does not feel a need to take your temperature. You sigh (or the cat equivalent xP) in relief, but unfortunately, that causes you to hack up a hairball. Dr. Collins gives M some pills (she explains it's for the hairballs).
Any chance the vet could be a were-vet? :->. Possibly. But you doubt it.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 128
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 4:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would insist on the jel, if I were you. It's very difficult to get a cat to take a pill. But you are not in a position to insist on anything, are you? Maybe try ESP on the vet?
Are they going to try to get that pill down your throat right now? or wait till you get home?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 938
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would insist on the gel, if I were you. It's very difficult to get a cat to take a pill. But you are not in a position to insist on anything, are you? No, not really xP. Maybe try ESP on the vet? You concentrate on sending the message 'Take back the pills. Give them the gel. Take back the pills. Give them the gel.' It doesn't seem to work.
Are they going to try to get that pill down your throat right now? or wait till you get home? They seem to be waiting. Dr. Collins tells them how much the pills cost, and J writes her a check. M is coming to put you in the carrier again.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 131
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2012 - 12:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Run!
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 941
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2012 - 5:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Run! You scamper around, evading the three pairs of gloved hands trying to capture you. J and M try to corner you, but you zip between them and run to the opposite side. It's a game of cat and mouse though (pun entirely intended xP), and you doubt you can keep it up for long.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 132
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2012 - 1:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hide!
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 942
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2012 - 4:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hide! You look around frantically. The only place to hide is the desk-like thing. You dash over and cower beneath.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 133
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2012 - 7:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they coming after uou? Or have they decided to let you alone for a while? Describe the desk: wood, metal? Roll-type top? Located against the wall? On how many sides?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 943
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Saturday, July 21, 2012 - 1:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they coming after you? Or have they decided to let you alone for a while? They seem to be giving you a break. Describe the desk: wood, metal? Roll-type top? Located against the wall? On how many sides? A metal desk, almost in a corner (so you can get behind it). So, like this: ------desk---| (pretend the - are one wall and the | is the start of another).
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 134
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Saturday, July 21, 2012 - 12:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So they can get at you from 3 sides then? Hmmm...Listen to what they are saying/planning.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 946
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, July 22, 2012 - 12:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So they can get at you from 3 sides then? No, only one. Sorry. Um, imagine a corner. Now, put a desk in the corner, up against both walls. The side where you put the chair is also right up against the wall. Now scoot the desk out a little, so you can actually get behind the desk. That's how it's arranged. Also, the way the little space under the desk is designed, they'd only be able to get at you from one side anyways. Apologies for any confusion I've caused or am causing xP. Hmmm...Listen to what they are saying/planning. They aren't bothering to whisper, and therefore you deduce that they don't realize you understand English. They agree to wait a few minutes to give you a false sense of security, then all three of them will come at the desk and surround you. You don't think you'll be able to pull off the 'dash between the legs' trick a second time.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 137
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Sunday, July 22, 2012 - 5:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Theoretically they could surround you, but there are only 3 of them. Or have they brought in reinforcements?
Concentrate, if possible, on turning back into a baby. Maybe that would shake them up a little. Does the vet know about your special 'condition,' do you know? Do you have a pediatrician also?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 955
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - 2:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Theoretically they could surround you, but there are only 3 of them. Or have they brought in reinforcements? No reinforcements, but you're trapped on three sides by the desk. All three could crowd around the last side and you'd be trapped.
Concentrate, if possible, on turning back into a baby. Maybe that would shake them up a little. Does the vet know about your special 'condition,' do you know? Do you have a pediatrician also? You try, but you are unable to turn into a baby. You don't know if the vet knows about your 'condition', and you haven't heard anything about a pediatrician.
I could have sworn I answered this earlier. Sorry for the wait!
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 138
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 1:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've been away for a while, and no one else seems to care about poor little Princess. Heartless!
Come on, YRH, be proactive. Do something! Anything!
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 961
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 11:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've been away for a while, and no one else seems to care about poor little Princess. Heartless! I know!
Come on, YRH, be proactive. Do something! Anything! You hear J, M, and Dr. Collins coming towards the desk. In a last-ditch effort, you try Puss in Boots' trick of looking really cute. It works! All three of them let their guard down and you are able to escape.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 147
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Wednesday, August 01, 2012 - 1:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Great! Where have you escaped to? Describe.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 962
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Wednesday, August 01, 2012 - 5:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Great! Where have you escaped to? Describe. Er, well, all you've managed to do is 'escape' from under the desk. There's not really anywhere else to go unless one of the doors open.... You stop for a quick break and M scoops you up and sticks you back into the carrier, locking the door. Darn.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 150
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Wednesday, August 01, 2012 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kyeann, you said you were making this up as you go along, and you seem determined to stymie us at every turn. Give us and Princess a break, OK?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 963
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Wednesday, August 01, 2012 - 4:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kyeann, you said you were making this up as you go along, and you seem determined to stymie us at every turn. Give us and Princess a break, OK? The vet trip was completely unplanned! It was supposed to be a minor diversion, and I can tell you that your only means of escape lies within the house. So I'm technically giving you a break here xP.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 152
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Wednesday, August 01, 2012 - 11:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So we wasted all this time...(grumble, grumble) Oh well, I wasn't doing anything anyhow. But where is everyone else???
All right, let them pack up and take you home. Rest on the way, to gather your strength.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 964
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Wednesday, August 01, 2012 - 11:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So we wasted all this time...(grumble, grumble) Oh well, I wasn't doing anything anyhow. But where is everyone else??? That's what I want to know!
All right, let them pack up and take you home. Rest on the way, to gather your strength. You take another nap on the way home. All that running tired you out.

You awaken to the sound of the garage door opening. J pulls in the car. M grabs your carrier and takes you inside.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 154
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 2:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you go back in through the laundry room, or another way? Are you now in the kitchen, living room, other?
I'm as tired from your ordeal as you are. Amuse yourself as you please; I'm going to bed.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 965
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 3:58 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you go back in through the laundry room, or another way? Are you now in the kitchen, living room, other? Through the laundry room. You are now in the kitchen.
I'm as tired from your ordeal as you are. Amuse yourself as you please; I'm going to bed. You're still tired as well, so you take a nap.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 156
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 4:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you in your crate, or the carrier, or loose?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 967
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2012 - 12:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you in your crate, or the carrier, or loose? M opened the carrier. You curled up under the couch.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 157
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2012 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is J in the room? Are they talking? Eavesdrop. Or sofa-drop.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 968
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2012 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is J in the room? Are they talking? Eavesdrop. Or sofa-drop. J is indeed in the room. You 'sofa-drop' on them. They're talking about the various bills for the house. Yawn.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 161
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Saturday, August 04, 2012 - 5:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wait, wait! Don't go back to sleep! Give me some kind of clue, for goodness' sake! Where is this puzzle going? or is supposed to go?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 969
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Saturday, August 04, 2012 - 7:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wait, wait! Don't go back to sleep! Give me some kind of clue, for goodness' sake! Where is this puzzle going? or is supposed to go? 'Yawn' as an indication of boredom, not sleepiness xP.

Your ears perk as the conversation turns to a more interesting topic-unlocking door 2. "We'll need to get into our bedroom before tonight," J remarks. "That guest bedroom is a bit cold-and besides, I've got work to do in the study."

The study! Perhaps you'll be able to find out more there!
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17347
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, August 04, 2012 - 10:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go through Door 2. Where does it lead?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 972
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, August 05, 2012 - 7:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go through Door 2. Where does it lead? Door two is locked. You therefore don't know where it leads, but you suspect it goes to J and M's bedrooms.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 162
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Monday, August 06, 2012 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

These people lock the inner doors in their house? What are they trying to hide? and who from? Do they suspect you of being sentinent and literate?
Never mind - rhetorical questions. We have established that there are at least two bedrooms (the master bedroom and the spare) and a study (which could possibly double as a bedroom?), and a separate dining room. Are their other rooms, besides the obvious (laundry, kitchen, bathrooms)? Any of them relevant?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 977
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Monday, August 06, 2012 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

These people lock the inner doors in their house? What are they trying to hide? and who from? Do they suspect you of being sentinent and literate?
Never mind - rhetorical questions. We have established that there are at least two bedrooms (the master bedroom and the spare) and a study (which could possibly double as a bedroom?), and a separate dining room. Are their other rooms, besides the obvious (laundry, kitchen, bathrooms)? Yes, one. Any of them relevant? The one 'nonobvious' room is quite relevant.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 164
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 2:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wild guess: Mother-in-law's room?
Laboratory? (Dr. Frankenstein, I presume?)
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 978
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 7:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wild guess: Mother-in-law's room? No.
Laboratory? (Dr. Frankenstein, I presume?) Not that either. You don't have to find out what it is before you get in.
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 168
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2012 - 2:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How do I get in? Or rather, how do you get in, still being a kitteh? Give us a clue.
I'm going to be away for a while. Somebody else step in & ask questions? Balin? Anybody?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 980
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2012 - 7:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How do I get in? Or rather, how do you get in, still being a kitteh? Give us a clue. Hm...I'm trying to think of how to give a hint without totally giving it away.... Um, OK, for J and M's room (you are unable to access the 'nonobvious' room right now), you have had what you need to get in from the start.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5633
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2012 - 3:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Claws? Teeth? Possession of adorable cuteness inherent to kittehs? o hai kyeann and soli kittehs, I return!
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 983
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2012 - 4:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Claws? This! You jump and manage to push a claw into the little hole in the door and unlock it. Teeth? Possession of adorable cuteness inherent to kittehs?
o hai kyeann and soli kittehs, I return! o hai kaylee kitteh! i iz glad tu see yuo!
Solo1 (Solo1)
New member
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 169
Registered: 5-2012
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2012 - 1:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Awlll right! So what do you see?
Good to have you back, Kaylee. A big kittehwelcome hug!
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 992
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 1:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Awlll right! So what do you see? It appears to be a bedroom, with two nightstands, a king bed, and a dresser.

I'm SO SORRY! I could have sworn I answered this earlier!
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 993
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 1:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, and I updated the map. Same link as before.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 1018
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2012 - 1:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HINT: You really want to get to room C....

No posts in three days and I'll just skip to there, ending this part of the puzzle.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 1032
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2012 - 5:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ANOTHER HINT: One of the nightstands next to the bed has a drawer, which mysteriously slides open.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17459
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2012 - 8:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What's in the drawer?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 1034
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2012 - 9:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What's in the drawer? You peer into the door. Hey, a key!
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17461
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2012 - 1:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the key let us into one of the rooms? Room C?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 1037
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2012 - 4:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the key let us into one of the rooms? Room C? You take the key to John and Marsha. They use it to unlock Door 6, which leads into a bathroom with a small sink and cabinets underneath, a shower, and a toilet.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 1046
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2012 - 2:42 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HINT: You go into the bedroom again and pull on the other nightstand drawer. Locked. Hm...
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 1057
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2012 - 11:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HINT: In the bathroom somewhere is the key to Room E. Room E is in the way of the door to Room C. Ergo, the key to Room E must be found and used.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17505
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2012 - 4:15 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check the cabinets under the sink. But I know kittehs don't like water, so let's leave the sink, shower, & toilet alone for now.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 1059
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2012 - 5:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check the cabinets under the sink. But I know kittehs don't like water, so let's leave the sink, shower, & toilet alone for now. Under one of the towels in the cabinet, you find a key!
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17511
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2012 - 8:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does that key open Room E?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 1060
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2012 - 8:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does that key open Room E? It does indeed! You poke your little kitteh head in an-AHHH!! You nearly got bitten! Dogs! There're dogs in there!
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17513
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, September 20, 2012 - 4:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Crap. I'm terrified of dogs. And I have no idea how to deal with them.

Any chance we can examine the sink/shower/toilet without getting wet?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 1061
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Thursday, September 20, 2012 - 5:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Crap. I'm terrified of dogs. And I have no idea how to deal with them. Don't worry, there's no way to die in this LatVenture. Feel free to experiment.

Any chance we can examine the sink/shower/toilet without getting wet? Well, the shower is off, so you're able to scrabble around in there for a bit, but don't find anything interesting. You have no idea how to get up to the sink, unless you jumped off the toilet, but you'd probably just crash into the toilet bowl (which would be unpleasant to say the least).
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17516
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, September 20, 2012 - 6:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do we have anything in our inventory? For that matter, do we have an inventory at all?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 1062
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Thursday, September 20, 2012 - 7:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do we have anything in our inventory? We have claws, teeth, and possession of adorable cuteness inherent to kittehs! (List courtesy of Kaylee) For that matter, do we have an inventory at all? Not really...I mean, we can carry stuff around in our mouth, but other than that...
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17519
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, September 21, 2012 - 10:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could you tell how many dogs are in Room E?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 1067
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Saturday, September 22, 2012 - 4:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could you tell how many dogs are in Room E? It was rather hard to tell, but there's the dog that tried to bite you, another one behind it, and there were at least two moving spots behind them...so at least four, possibly more. And these were fairly big dogs too. You try to remember more, and recall seeing a glint of light on one of the dog's collar...you think it was the one that almost bit you.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17524
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, September 22, 2012 - 3:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can we alert John & Marsha to the dogs?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 1068
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Saturday, September 22, 2012 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can we alert John & Marsha to the dogs? You try meowing and scratching at the door. M picks you up and coos, "No, Princess, you can't go in there! The neighbor's dogs are in there right now!"
Really? Never would have guessed! you think sarcastically.
J yells down to M, "Marsha, do we have the steak for dinner tonight?"
M replies that yes, they even have extras since she thought they'd have guests.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17528
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Sunday, September 23, 2012 - 2:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Let's steal some of the extra steak and use it to distract the dogs.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 1070
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, September 23, 2012 - 4:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Let's steal some of the extra steak and use it to distract the dogs. You slip into the kitchen. Fortunately, Marsha is taking the steaks out of the fridge to season them or something, so you don't have to worry about the lock. A quick leap and you have a thick steak held in your jaws. You trot back over to the dog room, toss it in, and while the dogs are distracted, you snatch the key from the collar of one. It growls slightly, but seems mostly undisturbed. You trot out, proud of yourself.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17530
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Sunday, September 23, 2012 - 4:39 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What else is locked? I can't remember.

Whatever it is, use the key on it.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 1071
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, September 23, 2012 - 4:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What else is locked? I can't remember. The other dresser drawer in J and M's bedroom, and the door to Room C, which you suspect is a study.

Whatever it is, use the key on it. You hand the key to M, who uses it to unlock the dresser drawer. Inside is another key!
M comments, "You know, John, didn't I say this was the oddest house I ever saw when we bought it? I mean, I can't remember locking half this stuff up! It's like living in a lateral adventure!"
Yes, I do have to break the fourth wall at least once in each of my latventures.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17532
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Sunday, September 23, 2012 - 5:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Repair the fourth wall, then use the key to open Room C.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 1072
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, September 23, 2012 - 7:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Repair the fourth wall, then use the key to open Room C. You patch the fourth wall, then give the key to M. She uses it to unlock the study. You stride in, and-FISH! Your cat instincts take over and you rush over to the computer. The human part of you realizes it's just a screensaver, but the cat side is occupied with batting at the fish. Suddenly your paw travels through the screen. Caught off balance, you topple in, finding yourself (still in cat form) at the bottom of a web page. What to do now...
END OF PART 1
Part 2 will be posted sometime after Wieck 3 is finished.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 1073
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, September 23, 2012 - 7:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I really hope it won't become a habit for me to keep forgetting the
**********SPOILER**********

tag.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17534
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Sunday, September 23, 2012 - 8:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cool ending!

Add Your Message Here
Post:
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: