Archive through October 2008 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Active Lateral Thinking Puzzles » The Chatroom » Older Chatroom Archives » Archive through October 2008 « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through October 2008 11-30-08  12:21 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Sparkbugg (Sparkbugg)
Username: Sparkbugg

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2008 - 6:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, fellow-puzzlers,

I would like to publish original lateral thinking puzzles in my upcoming offline game, Sparx.

This product is intended for the general public (folks around college age), many of whom would surely get into lateral thinking puzzles if they knew more about them.

My request of you: please submit (via email to me) your own favorite original lateral thinking puzzles, or link me to your favorites in this forum. I will then contact the author for permission to print their puzzles.

What will the author get out of it? For each puzzle I print, I will include whatever name and association the author wishes on the bottom of each card (for the first printing, each card is printed 1000 times). I will also send the author some free product when the game is printed this November.

Remember, these puzzles would be designed for a small group of people, many of whom may not have played many puzzles. So ideal puzzles would be creative, fun, and of mild-moderate difficulty.

Thanks so much in advance. To read more about Sparx, visit www.PlaySparx.com.

Best,

Matt Fleming (mattfleming23@gmail.com),
Amateur Game Inventor (http://everydayedisons.com/matthew.html)
Nimue (Nimue)
Username: Nimue

Post Number: 3586
Posted on Monday, August 04, 2008 - 7:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for all the great questions! I've answered all, ameager for more, & will be online for about 4 hours.
Peter365 (Peter365)
Username: Peter365

Post Number: 1313
Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2008 - 3:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all . Things are very quiet in forum world at present. We could do with a bit of moderating as there is lots of solved and limbo puzzles on the main page.

Could someone throw their eye over my social call puzzle i've posted a hint and it's practically finished.
Travis (Travis)
Username: Travis

Post Number: 133
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 12:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

After a week and a half of inaction on "The Decider", I've posted a hint. Knock yourselves out!
Liquizt (Liquizt)
Username: Liquizt

Post Number: 249
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 1:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My puzzle Disorientation (Lateral Adventure) has just started its final stage: now is a good time to join if you were interested in the puzzle but reluctant to read all the 200 (or so) previous posts [now you don't have to]. (: Link opens in a new window.
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 3594
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 8:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for all the great questions on my puzzles!! I've answered them, am eager for more, & will be online for about 90 more minutes.
Martinfg (Martinfg)
Username: Martinfg

Post Number: 540
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 9:57 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Good morning to you all, as I am bored this morning I have thrown some questions at the puzzles that seem to have stalled. Well its better than trying to write a report on a friday :0)
Mimino (Mimino)
Username: Mimino

Post Number: 48
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 12:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You probably heard in the news what is going on at the moment in my home town Tskhinval. Houses are burning, the university building does not exist any more, artilry fire, fighting in the streets, people running away everywhere.
I am now in a safe place in the mountains and can only hope that all this will end very soon and we'll find back to normal life.
Pictures of the war 90-91 come back to my mind, and I'm afraid that all this now is starting again.
Travis (Travis)

Post Number: 141
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This story is just making its way to the US, and it looks like it'll get the usual "oh, that's interesting" from the major news networks, and then they'll move on. I'm so sorry this is happening to you... know that you, your family, and your country are in my thoughts and prayers.
Admin (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 561
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 7:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mimino,

Good luck in the war zone. We have some slight appreciation of what is going on. Russians = bad, Georgians = good. I guess it is a lot more complex than that.

Keep your head down!

Paul Sloane
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1320
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2008 - 11:46 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mimino,

I hope and pray that you and your's are all safe and sound. Have been watching news coverage of the conflict and it saddened me greatly to see old people who's homes have been destroyed walking through the dusty streets carrying all that they own with no idea where they can go. It's always the innocent civilians who lose most in these conflicts. When will humanity ever learn.
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 3597
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2008 - 7:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Everyone--Thanks for all the questions, which I've answered in hope of getting more. I'll be online for about 4 hours. And here's a question for you: Did any of you respond to Matt Fleming's 8/3 request for puzzles? I e-mailed him several (in 2 batches) but have no idea whether he received them, as he didn't respond even to the point of clicking on the "Notify Sender" bar as I requested (although I realize that not all computers have that capacity).Finally, let me add my good wishes to Mimino to all of yours.
Zenith (Zenith)
Username: Zenith

Post Number: 667
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 7:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ouch! No one has asked anything on my 'Not in the Mood' puzzle for such a long time, it has been moved to lateral limbo... might someone take a look at it, it's nearly a year old!
Wildcard (Wildcard)
Username: Wildcard

Post Number: 998
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 7:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The outstanding questions on the puzzle 'Making Like a Bakery Truck' on the inactive list have been answered.
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 3601
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 9:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've just posted HINTS on all my puzzles, as well as a RECAP on the longstanding "Evil be thou my good."I'll be online for another 2 hours to answer them. A word to the lateral-minded. . .
Beroean (Beroean)
Username: Beroean

Post Number: 1508
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 12:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Zenith,

The Lateral Limbo section is headed with a suggestion that is worth considering:

"If you are a host, and you have a puzzle here, please post answers to any outstanding questions, post a recap and or compose a hint and mention in the chatroom that you've done so, and your puzzle will be restored."
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 3603
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 7:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've answered all the new questions & will be online for about 4 hours. More, more, more!!
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 3607
Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2008 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm online once again & will be here for about 4 hours. All questions on my puzzles will be appreciated & answered.
Wildcard (Wildcard)
Username: Wildcard

Post Number: 1002
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 6:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Umm....The outstanding questions on the puzzle 'Making Like a Bakery Truck' on the inactive list have been answered.

That is all.
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 3615
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 7:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've just spoiled a solved puzzle (Thanks, Jenburoo!) & posted a new one. I'll be online for about 3 1/2 hours.
Zenith (Zenith)
Username: Zenith

Post Number: 669
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 1:42 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok , Posted a recap on my puzzle. Sorry it took so long...
Jenburdoo (Jenburdoo)
Username: Jenburdoo

Post Number: 269
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 7:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've closed out one of my puzzles that has lain fallow (it was practically solved anyway) and have added two more new ones. My POW puzzle is going strong. Post questions, please!
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 3626
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 7:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm back online & eager to answer more questions, esp. since you clever people solved 2 of my puzzles yesterday &I've posted replacements. I'll be online for about 4 1/2 hours.
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 3633
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 7:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the latest round of questions, including one that solved "Star-Crossed Lovers #2" in an embarrassingly short time. I've spoiled it, posted a new puzzle, & will be online for about 4 1/2 hours.
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 3642
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 5:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for all the questions, which I've answered, but why so few on "Only A Chinese-American. . ." which may be a relatively easy puzzle. I'll be online for about 4 more hours.
Bigpurple (Bigpurple)
Username: Bigpurple

Post Number: 11
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 10:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am new, so can someone please tell me what H? A? M? is? thanks
Liquizt (Liquizt)

Post Number: 281
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 10:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

H? A? M? = Human? Adult? Male?
[A? C? F? = Animal? Child? Female?] Any combination is allowed but "H? A? M?" is most commonly used (occassionally "H? A? F?" is used when there's reason to suspect that the individual in question is more likely to be female).

---

This is a frequently asked question by newcomers... I think explanations of the abbreviated questions should be included in the User Guide... 'H? A? M?', 'LTPF lists' (and how some hosts may not allow them) etc.
Bigpurple (Bigpurple)

Post Number: 13
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 11:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you.
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 3651
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 9:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for all the delightful questions, everyone. I'll be online for another 2 hours or so, eager to answer MORE!!
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1354
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 1:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey I just noticed something.

Somebody called Mybrainhurts posted on the classics page in July 08 (in the puzzle about the policeman seeing the truck driver going up the one way street) and this means that Nobbynumbnuts delightful tirade is no longer the most recent post on the page. I can't read Nobby's first and last post (which is on the same puzzle) without laughing my head off. He's certainly in touch with his anger I'll give him that.

Wonder how old Nobby is doing now. Hope he's not living in a bedsit eating smash.
Beroean (Beroean)

Post Number: 1512
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Peter, I never noticed it before - wow - what fun.
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 3655
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 7:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm back online & ready/willing/ able, as always. I'll be here for about 4 hours.
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1356
Posted on Tuesday, August 26, 2008 - 10:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Beroean

Not sure what Nobby would think of your Peeing Parachutist theory .

To be able to pee from the wall as opposed to towards it or to parachute upwards would surely require a time paradox, the results of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space time continuum, and destroy the entire universe! Granted, that's a worse case scenario. The destruction might in fact be very localized, limited to merely our own galaxy.
Beroean (Beroean)

Post Number: 1513
Posted on Tuesday, August 26, 2008 - 12:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Peter

If you could expand on that idea you must be in contention for writng a two-part episode in the next series of Dr Who!
Crazypalpig (Crazypalpig)
Username: Crazypalpig

Post Number: 2116
Posted on Tuesday, August 26, 2008 - 1:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You sound like a character of Star Trek Peter lol
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1357
Posted on Tuesday, August 26, 2008 - 1:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Got to admit that I stole the quote but not from Star Trek or Dr Who but from the great Dr Emmett Brown (Christopher Lloyd) in "Back to the Future II"
Jenburdoo (Jenburdoo)

Post Number: 297
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 1:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm waiting on people to solve my Nazi PoW puzzle under "Ingenious Plan." Also, while Peter365 is doing a great job on my other two, I'm sure he'd like some help...!
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1368
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 7:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes i could do with some help. A bit stuck in both of them. I note in Nimue's "American Scrund" puzzle Travis has just categorized someone aged 40 as middle aged!!!!!

A strongly worded letter to young Master Travis is called for me thinks.

what the heck is middle aged anyway.
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 3663
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 7:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've answered all questions (thanks!!) & have posted a HINT on "Only a Chinese-American. . ." which has been languishing. I'll be online for at least 3 more hours.
Travis (Travis)

Post Number: 157
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 11:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Peter, I note in your profile that you are listed as 36 years of age, and even if that was only current at your time of registration, you would only be 38 at the most. Thus, in my opinion, you have no valid complaint. (: (Note that the above is completely in jest -- I apologize if I offended anyone. I was trying to avoid PC terms in respect to Nimue.)
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1369
Posted on Friday, August 29, 2008 - 10:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

NO offense taken Travis. Yes I am 38 but am filled with dread to think i'm only 2 years away from middle age. BTW it's wise to avoid PCisms when solving a Nimue puzzle.
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 3664
Posted on Saturday, August 30, 2008 - 8:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nimue does LOATHE PC terms, but, last she heard, 'adult' applied to anyone over 21 (or, in some contexts 18), including people over 40 & "even" those over 60. She has no objection to the terms 'middle-aged' for 40-60 & 'old' for over 60, although it's probably more usual to reserve 'old' for people over 65 (the traditional American age for compulsory retirement, before that particular form of discrimination was outlawed). N. is even more interested getting her puzzles solved than in abolishing PC. So--how about it??
Liquizt (Liquizt)

Post Number: 304
Posted on Saturday, August 30, 2008 - 8:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

or anything over 12 if you're visiting themeparks.
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 3666
Posted on Saturday, August 30, 2008 - 9:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't think I've visited a themepark since I was 12! By the way, Liquizt, as long as you're online, why not turn that clever lateral brain to my puzzles??
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)
Username: Noobdogg

Post Number: 470
Posted on Sunday, August 31, 2008 - 8:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey all, I've been away for quite a while now, and am back for more brain bashing.

Do get cracking at my new puzzle!

Also, I abandoned a Lateral Adventure puzzle I had created ages ago, and can't seem to find it anywhere on the forum. If it has been removed or deleted, is there any way an Admin could please retrieve it so I could ressurect it? Sadly I cannot remember the title.

It's great to be back and to see new and old faces! Cheers!
Bigpurple (Bigpurple)

Post Number: 26
Posted on Sunday, August 31, 2008 - 8:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Okay... I am ignorant here, so please, someone help.... What is Rulebreaker about?
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)

Post Number: 471
Posted on Sunday, August 31, 2008 - 8:57 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To quote Beccaann from a chatroom archive:

quote:

When making a rulebreaker the idea is to come up with a rule that you use to formulate answers to questions. A very simple rule would be something like if the question starts with a vowel, your answer will start with a consonant and vice versa. The answers may or may not actually be dependent on the questions asked. They may, for example, depend on the username of the person asking the question, or on the time or date the question was posted. Some rules with follow the basic idea that for instance, the 3rd letter of every answer read in order will spell out a quote of some sort.
Basically, you come up with your rule and you answer every question according to that rule.
When someone intends a question to be answered straightforwardly, that is, NOT according to the rule, they will put that question in italics. Traditionally, only guesses at what the rule is would be fair questions in italics, but some people will opt to answer other questions regarding the rule as well.

There is also such a thing as a CA rulebreaker. CA means Can't Answer, and the premise of such a puzzle is that there is a certain question, type of question, or quality of a question that cannot be answered, and will instead get the answer CA. The purpose is to figure out what questions cant be answered.

Hope this helps!

I think she explained it great. Perhaps an Admin could include such an explanation in a sticky.
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 3669
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 8:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've answered the latest round of inspired questions & am eager to answer more in the hour or so I'll be online.
Jenburdoo (Jenburdoo)

Post Number: 310
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2008 - 4:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

C'mon people, solve my puzzles! I've left a pretty blatant hint on "Such an Ingenious Plan," and the "North of the Border" puzzle is going well.
Dlcygnet (Dlcygnet)
Username: Dlcygnet

Post Number: 1373
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2008 - 9:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I haven't posted in forever! I got married btw, and I'm back now.
Liquizt (Liquizt)

Post Number: 331
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2008 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Congradulations (:
Liquizt (Liquizt)

Post Number: 339
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2008 - 1:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you like Lateral Mazes (and/or are finding my Lateral Adventure interesting) then you'll love the next puzzle I plan to host... no hints on what kind it will be ;)

However... eager for questions on my current puzzles, I refuse to post it until I feel I've successfully been buried under a mountain of new posts in each of my ongoing puzzles! [I can handle it (:]
Travis (Travis)

Post Number: 158
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2008 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Congratulations, Dlcygnet! And Liquizt... how dare you tempt me with something like that? I'll have to go solve all of your puzzles now... (:
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 3680
Posted on Friday, September 05, 2008 - 4:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm back online & sooo eager to have my puzzles solved so I can post new ones. "Only a Chinese-American. . ." & "Disaterous Departure" are nearly solved; so won't one of you laterally clever people finish them off? I'll be online for about 2 more hours. And congratulations of your marriage, Dicygnet, & please supply a very detailed description of your wedding cake.
Liquizt (Liquizt)

Post Number: 346
Posted on Friday, September 05, 2008 - 5:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Still waiting to be "buried under a mountain of new posts"... Lateral Maze is ready to go (just completed an extensive bug check - was very difficult, why? That will become obvious as soon as it starts... :P)

I'll be happy with a new, reasonably lengthed post [i.e. with due consideration given to the puzzle rather than a post just to get at this Lateral Maze ;)] on each of my ongoing puzzles and I'll post the Maze... However if I answer a post before ALL 3 puzzles have new ones then it won't count! *evil grin*

No need to worry though as my laptop screen died last night so my internet access has become temporarily limited... still I won't let any puzzle go cold and will try to get online at least once a day. Would normally spend a couple of hours here going through the forum looking for any puzzle I have something to contribute to, unfortunately I've less time than usual so sorry if I don't get to yours today but I'll try.
Liquizt (Liquizt)

Post Number: 358
Posted on Saturday, September 06, 2008 - 12:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

...I got distracted by other puzzles and almost missed noticing that two of my ongoing puzzles had unanswered posts! However the situation has been rectified now. (:

However I'm back on the laptop and my screen has just started going funny again so it's possible that I might be going in a minute and for quite some time - a good opportunity to find my 3 ongoing puzzles and force me to post this Lateral Maze [with bonus storyline ;)]
Bodo (Bodo)
Username: Bodo

Post Number: 2438
Posted on Tuesday, September 09, 2008 - 3:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Actual conversation from cub scout camp:

Age of scout: 8

Scout: "We just saw a baby mountain lion!!!"

Adults: "What!?!??!"

Scout: "Yeah, it's just over here in the bushes, come see!"

Adults: "Wait a minute, you shouldn't be messing with any sort of mountain lion or other wild..."

Scout: "Oh no, it's really tame, I was petting it."

It seems the scouts had encountered the camp kitty...
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1391
Posted on Tuesday, September 09, 2008 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ha ha Bodo (wouldn't that have worked as a puzzle).

I've posted a hint on my Frankfurter Fun puzzle as it's somewhat silly and i have some ideas for new puzzles. Please divert your attention to it if you can.
Liquizt (Liquizt)

Post Number: 370
Posted on Tuesday, September 09, 2008 - 4:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I signed on today to find 2/3 puzzles with new posts... and I'd given you so long... :P
So I've decided to post a teaser for the Lateral Maze at the bottom of the forum (:

It won't properly start until I've got 3 new posts on each of my other puzzles! ;)
It seems you're avoiding my Rulebreaker puzzle... the only way it could be solved currently is by adopting a brute force approach...
Liquizt (Liquizt)

Post Number: 387
Posted on Thursday, September 11, 2008 - 1:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The activation post is now up, QUANTUM (Lateral Maze) is now open. (:

Good Luck! Just don't forget my other puzzles please! :P
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 3691
Posted on Thursday, September 11, 2008 - 8:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, this is the day for the annual 9/11 cliche festival. If there's anything interesting or original to say about this subject, I have yet to hear it. When faced with the Right's "America is a beacon of light in a world of darkness" & the Left's "America is the world of darkness because of its evil capitalistic, imperialistic whatever," the best response is clearly to direct one's energies to solving solve lateral puzzles. . .especially mine. I'll be online for about 2 more hours.
Rcs (Rcs)
Username: Rcs

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 12:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm new here and I just posted my first puzzle ("Proof and Consequences"), but for some reason it got added to the bottom of the page instead of the top. Is that normal on this forum? And is anyone going to notice it there (so far, no one's posted on it)? Is there anything I'm supposed to be doing that I'm not, or is that just the way the forum works?
Gourami (Gourami)
Username: Gourami

Post Number: 169
Posted on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 12:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

New puzzles go to the bottom and, believe me, everyone looks there. I'll check it out. Welcome. =)
Liquizt (Liquizt)

Post Number: 396
Posted on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 12:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Now it could be that you're just not interested in Lateral Mazes but I'd hate to think that some of you will avoid my new puzzle because my two main initial posts are so long...
If this is the case scroll down to the end of the second post and read only the last two paragraphs (apart from the why there's a dead body in the room) these will explain all you need to know to begin navigating the maze.
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1404
Posted on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 2:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Liquizt..

You've certainly broken the record for longest post. I for one am not a great fan of lateral adventure type puzzles but a lot of you seem to be so they obviously belong here. Maybe i just don't have the patience for them (or the imagination). I'm not overly in love with Rulebreakers either but that's just me.

Here's an interesting question for everyone. Are there users whose puzzles you look out for on the forum and have a preference for taking part in. I certainly do. I like Nimue's becuase the say so much about modern society (with the odd juicy murder thrown in) and I also seem to have an affinity for puzzles by Admin, Woodworm & Tsoram the themes of which always seem to interest me. And of course Woubit for his really cryptic (and short) puzzle titles.

Not suggesting we form cliques just curious.
Crazypalpig (Crazypalpig)
Username: Crazypalpig

Post Number: 2134
Posted on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 2:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Right now the only ones I'm concentrating on are Liquizt's and of course the rulebreakers.
Gourami (Gourami)

Post Number: 173
Posted on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 2:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'll always favor one by Admin, of course, but other than that...all the regulars have had at least one puzzle that caught my interest. I just go by the puzzle statement.
Blazingphoenix (Blazingphoenix)
Username: Blazingphoenix

Post Number: 247
Posted on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 3:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Welcome to the forum, Rcs!!!

I prefer Woubit's weightless poetry, Admin's, and Nimue's a lot, but I tend to generaly like everyone elses' as well. The forum is too complex and fun to choose just one person. I kinda wish my puzzles would be hard occasionaly, though...

By the way, I wonder if there will ever be a day when the puzzle forum can meet. That, I think, would be an awesome experience!
Liquizt (Liquizt)

Post Number: 398
Posted on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 3:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sometimes I go for puzzles I've got lots of questions for just to keep them moving or to progress them to a point where I can develop a greater level of interest in them but mainly it's puzzles with a puzzle statement/ subject I'm interested in or a point that, whilst easy to comprehend has no obvious solution (or where all the obvious solutions have been tried and have failed) that I give the most attention to.

I can also understand not being a fan of lateral adventures/ mazes or rather a preference for the 'original' flavoured lateral puzzles which are IMO are an unrivaled puzzleform. However it's also for this reason I only post/will post lateral adventures/ mazes that possess some creative and captivating orignal feature(s). Which is also why my current Lateral Maze has a deeper storyline, although look out for an original feature I've included in the maze itself (:
I also much prefer hosting Rulebreakers than solving them... there's little room for exploration in them I feel - it's more a case of process of elimination. My current Rulebreaker has a very simple rule that I feel will keep people guessing for ages (hence the angry face I've attached to it :P) but I don't think I'm likely to post another when it's solved.
Bodo (Bodo)

Post Number: 2440
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 3:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I helped save a baby squirrel Friday evening and was feeling pretty good about it, until my cat pointed out that we're hardly in danger of running out of them anyway and I wasted a perfectly good appetizer...
Liquizt (Liquizt)

Post Number: 420
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 7:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you have a spare moment? Perhaps you're just hanging around the forum waiting for a reply/ new post on that puzzle?

Well then drop in on my Rulebreaker puzzle (the one with the red angry face beside it) and post some random questions for me. YOU DO NOT EVEN HAVE TO BE INTO RULEBREAKERS! You don't even have to read previous posts to contribute or bother checking back later when I've replied! But your contribution will greatly help those who do wish to have a go at attacking my rule but just haven't yet thought up a new approach for it.

Thank you (:
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 3698
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 8:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi EVERYONE--
I have a new puzzle with a distinction among scrunds. I'm dying to post it; so PLEASE SOLVE MY CURRENT ONES!! "Disasterous Departure" is close to a solution, & I'll be online for about 2 1/2 hours.
Katy (Katy)
Username: Katy

Post Number: 466
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 9:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello does anyone remember me? Actually, not sure if I remember me - wil try a username and password now
Bodo (Bodo)

Post Number: 2441
Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 5:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hola Ms. Katy.
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 3708
Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 7:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the latest round of questions, which I have happily answered in anticipation of more.And since "Law & Order in Peoria" seems to be languishing, I have posted a HINT!!
Vene (Vene)
Username: Vene

Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 3:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't know if everybody looks here, but I'm zephyr14, only I forgot my password. It used to be stored by my browser but I'm having PC trouble. I'll resume my activity from this new account. Up and at 'em!
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 3715
Posted on Thursday, September 18, 2008 - 7:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm back online & will be here for about 3 hours. I'm desperate to post a new sort of scrund puzzle, so. . .
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)

Post Number: 555
Posted on Friday, September 19, 2008 - 7:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I enjoy everyone's puzzles and appreciate the variety we offer here in terms of cultures, backgrounds, and approaches. In fact I consider my LTPF experience to be very educational, and I've found it has improved my general awareness greatly.

I would however like to express my special admiration for the few puzzles I've seen by Gourami, because in my opinion they are as close as it gets to "Classic" lateral puzzles like the ones you may find in the forum archives; where you could arguably solve the puzzle with only the puzzle statement in hand, without really doing all the 'groundwork' (which is ofcourse a whole lot of fun too, but it's nice to get in touch with our roots). I've tried hard quite a few times to make these kind of puzzles, but have hardly succeeded. Kudos Gourami!

That being said, every puzzle I've encountered here has had its own unique charm, and I love seeing new ones at the "bottom of the page" as Nimue says :-D
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)

Post Number: 556
Posted on Friday, September 19, 2008 - 7:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could one of the nice admins please archive the solved puzzles in the active page? The list is getting quite long and I fear some older unsolved puzzles are going unnoticed. Thanks!

Post Number: 256
Posted on Friday, September 19, 2008 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey, has anyone heard from Mimino since August? I hope he's okay...

And I agree with Noobdogg; Gourami is a genius!
Gourami (Gourami)

Post Number: 194
Posted on Friday, September 19, 2008 - 4:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you so much!
It takes me a long time to think of one, but I try to make sure it's good. Thanks for the appreciation.

Random question; does anyone know why our solved puzzles aren't going into the solved puzzle folder? No big deal, just wondering.
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 3718
Posted on Friday, September 19, 2008 - 8:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the questions. More! More! More! I'll be online for about 2 hours.
Bodo (Bodo)

Post Number: 2444
Posted on Friday, September 19, 2008 - 10:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Aarrr. Avast, ye lubbers, whar's yer parrots, and pass the grog...
Beroean (Beroean)

Post Number: 1514
Posted on Friday, September 19, 2008 - 11:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Shiver me timbers, it be that time o year again! well me hearties, what'll it be, pass me the grog or walk the plank?
Beroean (Beroean)

Post Number: 1515
Posted on Friday, September 19, 2008 - 11:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Gourami
"Random question; does anyone know why our solved puzzles aren't going into the solved puzzle folder? No big deal, just wondering".

It means that the moderators are either too busy or too lazy to attend to it at the moment. I for one have been very busy and do not have the time just now, even though I did make time to talk like a pirate in the previous post and answer your question here :-)

Maybe Woubit, "Admin" or I will get round to it soon.
Gourami (Gourami)

Post Number: 195
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2008 - 2:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Aye, not a problem, me heartie.
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 3721
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'll be online & hungry for questions for the next 3 1/2 hours. A word to the lateral??
Liquizt (Liquizt)

Post Number: 461
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think my puzzle, 'under and over' was too hastily added to the recently solved list... :P

My last post on it refers to a "******RECAP******" which an eager mod must have mistook for a ******$POILER******...

could a moderator please return it to the active puzzle page. Thank you. (:
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)

Post Number: 577
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 6:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've flooded the forum with some quickie puzzles that shouldn't take too long for you geniuses. Hope you enjoy them!
Beroean (Beroean)

Post Number: 1516
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 7:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The forum has been tidied but more hastily than usual, please let me know if any puzzles have been misplaced. (Some have been relegated to Limbo).
Gourami (Gourami)

Post Number: 211
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 1:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you!
Bigpurple (Bigpurple)

Post Number: 56
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 5:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I looked for the puzzle about the head in a Christmas gift but didn't find it. Could someone tell me where it is? And it could be right there on the actives and I just missed it. Thanks!
Dlcygnet (Dlcygnet)
Username: Dlcygnet

Post Number: 1380
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 6:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Disasterous Departure was placed in the solved pile and it isn't finished yet.
Bigpurple (Bigpurple)

Post Number: 57
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 6:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could an admin put Disastrous Departure back in the current files? Thanks!
Beroean (Beroean)

Post Number: 1519
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 6:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The disasterous departure of "Disasterous Departure" is now a successful arrival in the current puzzle section!
Bigpurple (Bigpurple)

Post Number: 58
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 11:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks!
Travis (Travis)

Post Number: 161
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 12:05 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My puzzle "The Decider" may not have had any action for a month, but I'm still here, waiting for questions on it. Any chance it could be moved back from Lateral Limbo?
Bigpurple (Bigpurple)

Post Number: 62
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 2:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I posted some questions for you, Travis.
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 3728
Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 8:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've posted HINTS on "Education & Poverty" & "Law & Order in Peoria," both of which have been suffering from neglect.
Kaygee (Kaygee)
Username: Kaygee

Post Number: 13
Posted on Sunday, September 28, 2008 - 8:42 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, all!
I just found this website on Wednesday and I am already hooked. In fact, it seems to have taken over my life. I simply can't go to bed at night because I MUST find out why the captain is repainting his ship and what kind of disabled people can give me insight during the upcoming US Presidential Elections. As you can imagine, this is making poor KayGee very sleepy/cranky at her day-job.

Ah, all things in moderation!

Anyhoo, I KNOW someone out there can answer this for me. As I was trying to live in my real world and at the same time pondering on Jenburdoo's Oops 2 puzzle, I had a very strong feeling of deja vu! I have done this lateral-thinking-type game before! Remember back in the 80's (all of you youngsters can stop reading now!), there was a computer game where you explored caverns or rooms and asked people along the way for information and clues as to where to find doors and treasures. This was way back before home computers had graphics – in fact, my “graphics” was a wide sheet of paper where I would draw a representation of the rooms and make handwritten notes. (Yes, that was the sound of the youngsters gasping in amazement!) Now, O Wise Ones, help me remember: What was the name of that game...please! So that I can get back to the crazy, paint-sniffing captain.

Forever grateful,
KayGee
Liquizt (Liquizt)

Post Number: 512
Posted on Sunday, September 28, 2008 - 10:42 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Too young to remember much of them days but what you're talking about is a 'text-based adventure' and from my experience they're all rather similar as far as you've described the one you recall.
However it may still be possible to find it if you searched for 'text based adventure' + combinations of 'cavern' + 'treasure' etc. (words you'd expect to find in a short description of the game...) and if you can find such a site, perhaps you could identify it by its release date (rule out the earlier clones).

I'd do all this for you but I'm currently working on a laptop without a backlight! ...just goes to show my level of LTPF addiction!
Woodworm (Woodworm)
Username: Woodworm

Post Number: 1511
Posted on Sunday, September 28, 2008 - 1:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kaygee: there were many such games in the 1980s. The most famous was Zork, which begins "You are standing in an open field, west of a white house". The only real way of solving this (unless you had an eidetic memory) was to draw a map, and I did some rather pretty ones back then. There were two sequels and a prequel, Zork Zero. Zork III was outrageously difficult, involving time machines that you had to move between different rooms.

Other classics, as I remember, included The Hobbit, which was billed as a text adventure with graphics (in fact, the graphics were hilarious). If you google "Zork", you should be able to download all the games for free.
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)

Post Number: 609
Posted on Sunday, September 28, 2008 - 1:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Zork (aka Dungeon) sounds like the game in question. You can check it out online here: Zork It could also be another one in the series which you could look up here Zork Series

Otherwise it could be the more popular "Colossal Cave adventure" (aka Advent) which you could download here: Advent

Hope that helps!
Travis (Travis)

Post Number: 169
Posted on Sunday, September 28, 2008 - 2:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kaygee,

First of all, welcome to the forum! If the current (unsolved) puzzles are vexing you, may I recommend you look at the completed ones? As for the game you asked about, it's most likely either Zork, Colossal Cave Adventure, or the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy game. There's a list of the more famous ones here. Again, welcome, and have fun!

~Travis
Kaygee (Kaygee)

Post Number: 14
Posted on Sunday, September 28, 2008 - 4:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ah-Ha! Dungeon!

The name is so similar to “Dungeons and Dragons” that I couldn't get it out of my head. I knew I had never played “Dungeons and Dragons”!

Thanks for the info and the helpful links to bridge my ailing memory. I don't think I need to play Dungeon again. It had already consumed a good portion of my teenage years. I think I will stick to these lateral puzzles for now.

Travis, thanks for the welcome and the recommendation to read the completed puzzles. I read quite a few before registering this week. Also, I popped back to them one evening when I was feeling rather UN-LATERAL, if that is a word.

Thanks, all!
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)

Post Number: 610
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2008 - 4:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My Icelandic scrund is feeling very ignored, how about some questions? ;-)
Once that's done I'll put up some more quickies.
Superman (Superman)
Username: Superman

Post Number: 508
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2008 - 4:46 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey all,

It's my first time back in months! I have two new puzzles just waiting for questions.

Oh btw, what is a scrund????
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)

Post Number: 611
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2008 - 7:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To quote Nimue, who is the creator of the concept:

quote:

A scrund is a ludicrous misconception someone has that does not get corrected for a long time (say, at least a year) because the subject does not arise Once the subject does arise, the ludicrousness of the misconception is immediately obvious to most people.

Hope that helps!
Liquizt (Liquizt)

Post Number: 518
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2008 - 3:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Vene is currently the only active explorer of my lateral maze, QUANTUM. Anyone want to help him out?

I.S.A.A.C. (the robot that was found, in case you haven't been following) is now programmable! Which means some clever lateral minds are needed to work out where to get him to go... and then how to get him there.

Considering joining the fun but think there's too much to read to catch up? Just ask for a recap and I'll provide you with everything you need to start contributing, including a quick description of your current situation and a link to an excellent map that Vene drew for everyone to help them orientate themselves in a maze where you have to work out how to navigate the ceiling as well as the floor...

Oh, and did I mention D.A.L.E.? The incooperative wrist-worn computer that refuses to believe the man you took it from is dead, and also happens to be the only hope you have of ever getting out of this maze?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 3734
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2008 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My "Disastrous departure" puzzle is finally solved & spoiled! Thanks, Biograd & Blazingphoenix, as well as everyone who did the groundwork. I've posted a new puzzle, involving a distinction between 2 sorts of scrunds. I'll be online for about 3 hours & am eager for questions on it as well as on my ongoing puzzles.
Superman (Superman)
Username: Superman

Post Number: 512
Posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2008 - 2:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the definition!

By the way, I have posted answers to "Nonchalance" in Lateral Limbo (after nine months of inactivity). You're almost done!
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1417
Posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2008 - 1:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Superman :Welcome back. I've made an effort to kill off "nonchalance" but i found it difficult to say what i meant. Hope you catch my drift and more importantly that i'm right.

Must say that as a Banker (I said Banker!!) i'm finding the forum a welcome distraction from Credit Crunches , Sub Primes & General Financial Hysteria. When faced with the choice of watching my nest egg of shares dwindle away to nothing on sharewatch or occupying my mind on challenging puzzles there is simply no competition.

As ever "Long Live The Forum"
Liquizt (Liquizt)

Post Number: 523
Posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2008 - 2:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My puzzles are craving attention! My very first puzzle on the forum (Under and Over) is still yet to be solved... please don't neglect them. If you need a recap just ask!

My rulebreaker will not be solved without many questions posted on it... doesn't matter what they are, just keep it going!

'Disorientation' is a post or two away from being solved (which is why it's not linked in my CA Rulebreaker)... solve it and I'll post another normal lateral puzzle i've been putting together...

Or go to my lateral maze and I promise you will not be disappointed! Argue with a computer, program a robot, and walk on the ceiling... all the rooms have been mapped for you but the lateralism is still not over...

Put off by a puzzle because it's "not your thing" or you've "never done one of those before and wouldn't know where to begin"? Please, look at my puzzles anyway(!) and I promise I can convert you or get you upto speed in a post or two! :)

Post Number: 267
Posted on Thursday, October 02, 2008 - 2:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Welcome back, Superman, and welcome to the Forums Kaygee, the place that will take up much of your free time.(Free time? What's that?)

Ahh, Home Decor is dwindiling! Post questions for me, people! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

And I asked a while ago, but I don't think anyone answered me... Has anyone heard from Mimino lately?
Haenlomal (Haenlomal)
Username: Haenlomal

Post Number: 877
Posted on Saturday, October 04, 2008 - 5:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mods: Is it possible to clean up the Active Puzzles list a bit? Quite a few puzzles sitting there are solved...
Kaygee (Kaygee)

Post Number: 33
Posted on Sunday, October 05, 2008 - 8:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rookie questions:
What is an "LTPF list"? And where do I find it? What is the best way to use it?
Woodworm (Woodworm)
Username: Woodworm

Post Number: 1528
Posted on Sunday, October 05, 2008 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kaygee:

"LTPF" is just the Lateral Thinking Puzzles Forum. The convention is that questions are to be answered "yes" or "no". So the lists are a short-cut to certain bits of information.

For instance, if you want to know how many men are involved in a particular puzzle, and what they do for a living, you could ask "Is it 2?", "Is it 3", and so on. Or you could save time by saying "Insert LTPF list of positive integers up to 100,000" and "Insert list of jobs" (there is one of these that gets cut and pasted rather a lot). "Languages" is another, as is "countries". This can save a lot of repetitive guessing.

If you want to be liked by your puzzle hosts, you might want to avoid questions like "Does the solution start with A? B? ... Z? Is the second letter of the solution A? B? ... Z? Repeat for entire solution of puzzle."

Personally, I'm not a big fan of this "brute force" approach. I think it's far more fun to guess, however silly the guessing may be. But we're all guilty of inserting lists from time to time. LTPF wouldn't be quite the same without them.

:-)
Katy (Katy)

Post Number: 467
Posted on Monday, October 06, 2008 - 8:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Bodo
Right off to puzzle
Admin (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 583
Posted on Tuesday, October 07, 2008 - 11:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am looking for a couple of volunteers to become moderators on the board. Moderators have additional powers and can move or delete puzzles or threads. They help keep the forum up to date and tidy by moving solved puzzles and deleting unused puzzles. If you are interested please email me.

Paul
Admin (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 585
Posted on Wednesday, October 08, 2008 - 10:48 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks to those who replied. I have appointed Gourami and Haenlomal as new moderators so please give them your support.

Paul
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1434
Posted on Wednesday, October 08, 2008 - 11:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Only saw your post this morning and would have volunteered but it's great that we have a few more mods to keep an eye on things. Ìt always improves activity on puzzles when the solved and neglected puzzles gets removed from the active list.
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1435
Posted on Wednesday, October 08, 2008 - 12:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm suffering from a chronic case of puzzlers block at the moment. Just can't think of anything new. Any fellow sufferers out there and does anyone have a cure?
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)

Post Number: 636
Posted on Wednesday, October 08, 2008 - 2:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm ailing too Peter... the only cure I can think of is a short course of mundane everyday life; that should scare one's brain into laterality!
Gourami (Gourami)

Post Number: 284
Posted on Wednesday, October 08, 2008 - 6:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Think I've got the hang of it. Thank you, Admin!
Liquizt (Liquizt)

Post Number: 550
Posted on Friday, October 10, 2008 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry in the delay of my replies... I am currently stranded somewhere between laptops atm so until the new one arrives my internet access is limited to when i can find other computers to post from... which is suprisingly limited!?!

I will answer all the outstanding posts on my puzzles today - though a little disappointed there isn't one on QUANTUM :( - do you just not like lateral mazes? my lateral mazes? or are finding it too difficult?
Haenlomal (Haenlomal)

Post Number: 907
Posted on Saturday, October 11, 2008 - 7:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't mind lateral mazes myself -- after all, I am the one who came up with the concept by running the very first lateral maze in the LTPF =). Too bad it's no longer in the Archives -- maybe I can repost that one or one very similar to it....

However, you have been running this maze for a while, and have a few dedicated puzzlers working on it. It's a bit difficult to jump in right in the middle, and I wouldn't want to steal the hard work of others.

That said, if it really dries up, then I may take some time to take a closer look, and see if I can help out.
Liquizt (Liquizt)

Post Number: 555
Posted on Saturday, October 11, 2008 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No, please join in :) all are welcome and I assure you there's more to come yet...
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1445
Posted on Monday, October 13, 2008 - 11:58 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Time for my Monday morning moan. On saturday i dropped my mobile phone into the toilet (please don't ask!). Had to buy a new phone this morning which cost me 200 euro. To make matters worse my sim card died as well so i've lost all my phone numbers . Two lessons i've learned from this.

1. always back up your phone numbers
2. Don't send text messages while "using" the facilities particularly if you've spent the preivious 3 hours in the pub.
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)

Post Number: 638
Posted on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 10:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hahahaha sorry peter but ur predicament amuses me. been close to doing tht a few times meself.

dont know abt tip 1 (im a pro - procrastinator) but will defo keep 2 in mind.
Bigpurple (Bigpurple)

Post Number: 109
Posted on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 3:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would like to receive emails from any of you.... emails that are of interesting tidbits, or pictures, any emails that others send to you.... my email address is pkelley@consolidated.net
I will return the favor if you wish.

Thanks!
Rcs (Rcs)

Post Number: 47
Posted on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 - 8:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just posted a new puzzle ("Historical Scrund") and forgot to put my name in brackets in the title. Can a moderator please help me edit that? Thanks!
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 3755
Posted on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 - 7:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'll ber online for 3 hours, working on my op-ed column & VERY ready to take breaks & answer questions.
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 3757
Posted on Thursday, October 16, 2008 - 7:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

SAME MESSAGE AS MY LAST ONE, JUST ONE DAY LATER!
Katy (Katy)

Post Number: 472
Posted on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 9:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK I've been away for so long I've forgotten how to use this site. How do you remember which puzzles you've posted on? The 'LAst Day', Last Week' links don't work for me - anyone else?
Rcs (Rcs)

Post Number: 55
Posted on Saturday, October 18, 2008 - 4:17 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Whoops! I just left my name off ANOTHER puzzle ("The Hypocrite"). Can someone please fix that? Thanks!
Rcs (Rcs)

Post Number: 58
Posted on Saturday, October 18, 2008 - 4:35 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

One more thing: I just posted a new puzzle ("Presidential Scrund") TWICE by accident. Can a moderator please delete one of them? Thanks!
Haenlomal (Haenlomal)

Posted on Saturday, October 18, 2008 - 5:10 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rcs: I've fixed both of the problems. Thanks for letting us know.
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 3763
Posted on Monday, October 20, 2008 - 7:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HOW TERRIBLE: There has been no action on my puzzles for 2 days. I've festooned all 3 with HINTS & RECAPS & will be online for about 4 hours. DON"T PASS ME BY!!!!!!!
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 3769
Posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2008 - 7:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the questions. I've answered them &, believe it or not, am eager for more. My op-ed column is due tomorrow & I'll be online for at least the next 4 hours putting finishing touches on it, but that doesn't mean I won't welcome (& respond promptly to) interruptions.

Post Number: 280
Posted on Thursday, October 23, 2008 - 2:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

UGH, I forgot my name in my Church puzzle on the bottom of the page.... can a nice admin please go remedy that? Thanks!
Bodo (Bodo)

Post Number: 2473
Posted on Friday, October 24, 2008 - 2:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bunnies.
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 3775
Posted on Monday, October 27, 2008 - 7:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'M ONLINE & DESPERATE FOR QUESTIONS (FOR A CHANGE). I'LL BE ONLINE FOR ABOUT 4 HOURS.
Liquizt (Liquizt)

Post Number: 562
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 4:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

QUANTUM hasn't received any attention for a while... and it craves it... do you need a hint? a recap? or are you just not interested?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 3780
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 9:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I appreciate (& have answered) the questions about "Law & Order in Peoria," but WHY are my other puzzles being neglected??????????????????
Racoonieboy (Racoonieboy)
Username: Racoonieboy

Post Number: 8
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 3:15 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Um Hi I'm new.
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)

Post Number: 672
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 3:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello and welcome Racoonieboy, thanks for the new puzzle, looking forward to cracking at it! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask anyone :-)

Post Number: 11
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 3:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was kind of guessing if yesish meant like Kind of...
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)

Post Number: 674
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 8:50 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Standard responses are:
Yes, No, Yesish (which is yes with a condition or limitation), and similarly Noish (but this ofcourse tends more to a negative answer), Yope (which is Yes and No, used for amiguous or vague questions)...

Other standard jargon includes but is not limited to:

OTRT: On the Right Track
SVV: Some vague variable/variant
FYOI: From your own imagination
IRR: Irrelevant
H? A? M?: Human, Adult, Male?

Moving to puzzle types, we've got:

Rulebreakers and CA Rulebreakers: i.e. Cannot Answer rulebreakers, where the puzzlemaker decides a rule on how he will (or won't) answer questions, and it's up to us to find out what this rule is.

We've also got lateral adventures, mazes, crosswords, etc. You can browse through our achives for more info about these.

Hope that helps!

Post Number: 289
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 2:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Welcome, Racoonieboy!! Hope you enjoy the forums!

...You know the sad thing is when I was posting my new puzzle at the bottom of the page, I was repeating "Put name in puzzle title" over and over again in my head... and I forgot anyways. It's like when you go to the store and think " don't forget cookies" and are on your way home when you realize you forgot the cookies...

Could an admin or a mod please go fix that, and I apologize again... *smacks forehead*
Woubit (Woubit)
Username: Woubit

Post Number: 306
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 2:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Done. But please don't use emoticons when creating new puzzles. People always assume that they can use them in the puzzle text (indeed, we used to be able to do that, but we can't any more) and are disappointed when they can't.

Post Number: 27
Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 12:30 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What are lateral "crosswords"? I can't seem to find any.
Lynne (Lynne)
Username: Lynne

Post Number: 3797
Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 8:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When appearing on a live cookery programme with Gordon Ramsey via a webcam in your kitchen - don't let the dog eat half the meat before it's even cooked.
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)

Post Number: 676
Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 9:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hahaha Lynne :-D ... that redefines "hell's kitchen" ... i've got to know what he said!!

Post Number: 34
Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh! I watch Hell's Kitchen! Pretty awkward. I like Kitchen Nightmares better! (Same Gordan Ramsey)

Post Number: 35
Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 9:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can someone also answer my question?
What are lateral crosswords? I can't find any.

Post Number: 36
Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 9:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ramsey: BEEEEEEEEEEEEP :-O not to be mean but true :-)
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)

Post Number: 678
Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 9:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Aah sorry racoonie, we have about 2 or 3 lateral crosswords i think, you could try typing "crossword" in the search by keyword and try finding some. Beccaann did a great Crossword Crypt that was full of cryptic clues, and they have a lateral twist to them.

So they are simply puzzles that use crossword type cryptic clues to add to the laterality of the puzzle :-)

Post Number: 40
Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 10:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanx
Lynne (Lynne)
Username: Lynne

Post Number: 3798
Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 11:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

He just laughed when he was told. I can't stand the man usually - he pollutes the atmosphere - but my husband likes his cooking, so applied to go on tonight's show, and he was one of three groups/individuals who got a mini slot to talk.