|Steve Wyrt (Wizardofoz)
|Posted on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 4:21 am: || |
This puzzle has had the most variations of answer with the same statement than any other puzzle in history. Here are the most common answers.
1. She was a blindfolded tightrope-walker. The music was her cue to step off. One day, the machine playing the music broke down. She stepped off too early and fell to her death.
2. She was a spider on a chair in a game of musical chairs. When the music stopped, one of the children sat on her and squashed her.
3. She was a blind swimmer, who swam out from her boat every day. She played a radio in her boat so she knew where to swim to at the end of the day. When the transmission cut out, she could no longer find her boat and drowned.
4. She was a Radio DJ who was using work as an alibi to kill her husband. She played a long CD, then left the studio to hunt down her husband. Unfortunately, she took too long, and on the drive back to work she discovered that the CD had finished and the station was in complete silence. She then committed suicide to avoid the prison sentence.
5. She was a spinning ballarina in a music box. When the box was closed, the music stopped and she "died" (i.e. stopped moving)