A man goes into a restaurant, orders ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Active Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Dead men, albatrosses and elevators - a collection of classic laterals - PLEASE don't post these again » A man goes into a restaurant, orders albatross, eats one bite, and kills himself. « Previous Next »

Fred Zanfardino (Dref)
Posted on Wednesday, April 03, 2002 - 4:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The man, his wife, and a second man were in a ship that was wrecked on a desert island. The man's wife died in the wreck. When there was no food left, the second man brought what he said was an albatross but was really part of the dead wife. Later they were rescued, and at some point, the first man decides to order albatross at a restaurant. It tastes nothing like what he was told was albatross on the island, which makes him realize he really ate his wife. Unable to cope with the realization, he kills himself.
John Faben (Bentarm)
Posted on Wednesday, April 03, 2002 - 12:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can I just say - I am so glad someone else wrote that, so I didn't have to.