Archive through March 07, 2004 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - April 2005 » [Bojan_Basic] Spell the name of Sherlock Holmes and you won! (rulebreaker) » Archive through March 07, 2004 « Previous Next »

Bojan Basic (Bojan_Basic)
Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 7:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is my first rulebreaker. I will spoil it as soon as somebody ask a question whose answer is "Sherlock Holmes". There is no special reason for that other than I really like him.

P. S. Please don't ask too many questions at the time, because it isn't so easy to me to create an answer.
Tommy Petersson (Tommyp)
Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 8:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What do you think about the letter string "abcdefghijklmn"? about "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz"?
Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 8:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What do you think about the letter string "abcdefghijklmn"? "Dnghdsgfsh" is the best letter string I have ever seen! It's fun, very amusing, I would say it's fu**ing eccentric, so damned cool.
about "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz"? "Ezgfjadlshgdlasj" is a very good string, too.
Tommy Petersson (Tommyp)
Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 8:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the string "a" too short?
Do you like to talk about detectives?
Dref (Dref)
Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 9:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Who has been getting a lot of face time on the LTPF recently? ;)
Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 9:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the string "a" too short? "A" is not too short string, it can be very large sometimes. Some great things occupy only few cc's.
Do you like to talk about detectives? Eventually, just one barrel per day is enough. Two barrels per day are very good, but three or more bd are very bade, take care.
Brian Pamandanan (Sciguy47)
Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 9:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain.
Drama, Info. Tech., or Electronics?
Limited quantity.
Limited quality.
Tommy Petersson (Tommyp)
Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 9:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cross posting alert...

Do you like puzzles?
Do you like to solve puzzles?
Do you like to host puzzles?
Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 9:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry, there was a typing error in my previous answer, it should be "very bad", not "very bade"

Who has been getting a lot of face time on the LTPF recently? ;) Ahoy, Dref! Your question is damned good! Here's one computer acronym: CD - "Compact Disc". BB I am. Hey there, could somebody make conclusions and solve this?
Brian Pamandanan (Sciguy47)
Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 10:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What about ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tommy Petersson (Tommyp)
Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 10:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And me... (09:27)
Dref (Dref)
Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 10:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

SH?

SS?
Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 11:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sciguy47
The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain. I think that there was enormous amount of barrels needed to store few kiloliters. Barrel - eleven liters, drop - 1 cc, and now it isn't hard to calcualte the rest.
Drama, Info. Tech., or Electronics? I would choose electronics. Koreans used to prefer drama, but they turned to info. Brian likes tech and hates drama (at least I think so, correct me if I'm wrong).
Limited quantity. What about that? If you want to say that there's great deal but limited amount, every human should hurry up.
Limited quality. I think that quality is more important than quantity. There is God, and he'll give us enough. God thinks that every humen being is the same.

Tommyp

Cross posting alert... I noticed that, but thanks anyway.

Do you like puzzles? Yes, I do. But, I don't like every kind of puzzle. "Do it for yourself, go ahead, and everything will be all right", said Cesare. That means that I prefer puzzles I like, in my case that are story puzzles rather that these with, for example, one word as a statement.
Do you like to solve puzzles? That is correct. Basically, I'm spending much time on solving puzzles, doesn't that mean they're great? They are. Even cigarettes are not so good, cigarettes are making lungs bad, that's the reason I'm not smoking.
Do you like to host puzzles? You're asking THAT??? Be careful with questions. Dear Tommyp, you are doing a lot of good job in them, can't you imagine that I'm creating all this puzzle because I like it?

Dref
SH? Hello again, Dref. Nice to see you. I'm thankful to you and all other people for solving this bullshit :)

SS? You are all making a good progress, just go ahead. Sorry about waiting for my answers. Good job! But, these questions doesn't make any sense. However, you could ask such questions if you want, I'll answer on them, too.

Sorry for waiting, people, but I have to think a little before posting each answer.
Martin Schwenk (Trickymartin)
Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 11:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What is the name of Sherlock Holmes?
"s. h. e. r. l. o. c. k. h. o. l. m. e. s."?
Tommy Petersson (Tommyp)
Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 11:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Watson? do you know him?
Posted on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 12:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Trickymartin
What is the name of Sherlock Holmes? I.m sure that he has it. Seems funny, but that's the point of doing Baker Street puzzle. Huh! Hm... Coincidence? No, I don't think so.
"s. h. e. r. l. o. c. k. h. o. l. m. e. s."? a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a.

Tommyp
Watson? My dear fellow Watson... What would I do without him. Is there somebody who watched the movie "Without a clue"? My dear fellows, that movie is absoletely not true. No, it is not. NO. NO!!!!!!!!!!
do you know him? He is my best friend and my colleague. I can't do anything without him. I'm the best consulting detective on the world. He's the colleague of the best consulting detective on the world.
Posted on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 12:06 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What is your name?
WHAT IS YOUR NAME?
what is your name?
what is your name.
What is your name?
Posted on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 12:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What is your name? Um... You can see my name on the blue headline of my posts. Do you think it's not noticable enough? If so, Dietmar should do something about it, don't ask me, ask him.
WHAT IS YOUR NAME? Um... You can see my name on the blue headline of my posts. Do you think it's not noticable enough? If so, Dietmar should do something about it, don't ask me, ask him.
what is your name? Um... You can see my name on the blue headline of my posts. Do you think it's not noticable enough? If so, Dietmar should do something about it, don't ask me, ask him.
what is your name. Um... You can see my name on the blue headline of my posts. Do you think it's not noticable enough? If so, Dietmar should do something about it, don't ask me, ask him.
What is your name? Um... You can see my name on the blue headline of my posts. Do you think it's not noticable enough? If so, Dietmar should do something about it, don't ask me, ask him.
Posted on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 12:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

well it was worth trying :)

abcde?
fghij?
aeiou?
aaaaa?
Posted on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 12:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

well it was worth trying :) It surely was :)

abcde? Express answer is always the best one.
fghij? Another letter string, very useless, especially because there is no good answer on it.
aeiou? "Enter this site and you'll never get out of it", don't you think so? :)
aaaaa? Everything posted in this post doesn't make any sense, but answers are here anyway.
Tommy Petersson (Tommyp)
Posted on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 12:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"a. n. s. w. e. r. s. "?
"an. sw. er. s "?
Is it best with very consice and short, to the point, never off-topic, questions?
Or long?
Posted on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 1:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"a. n. s. w. e. r. s. "? a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a.
"an. sw. er. s "? ba. ba. ba. ba. ba. ba. ba. ba. ba. ba. ba. ba. ba. ba. ba. ba. ba. ba. ba. ba. ba. ba. ba. ba. ba. ba. ba. ba. ba. ba. ba. ba. ba. ba. ba. ba. ba. ba. ba.
Is it best with very consice and short, to the point, never off-topic, questions? Cgdius deosiha gdhsak fdhkus esdsds... Lllloooonnnngggg qqqquuuueeeessssttttiiiioooonnnnssss aaaarrrreeee bbbbaaaadddd... Tttthhhheeeeyyyy aaaarrrreeee ccccoooonnnnffffuuuussssiiiinnnngggg mmmmeeee.... Efsb hsd egdsho ifsalh hafl epsufah bcspah fsah... Ddddoooonnnn''''tttt ddddoooo tttthhhhaaaatttt aaaaggggaaaaiiiinnnn...
Or long? This is much better, thanks. Though I can answer on everything, don't ask me bad (long) questions again, because they are very confusing.