Archive through December 08, 2004 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - Feb 2005 » [Buzzard] A bubble in a baby's dream » Archive through December 08, 2004 « Previous Next »

Johanna (Buzzard)
Posted on Tuesday, December 07, 2004 - 5:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did these events involve other vehicles? no
David Burn (Woubit)
Posted on Tuesday, December 07, 2004 - 7:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did these events occur while you were driving? or your brother was driving? did they occur while you had stopped somewhere?
Johanna (Buzzard)
Posted on Tuesday, December 07, 2004 - 7:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did these events occur while you were driving? no, but irrelevant or your brother was driving? yes, but irrelevant did they occur while you had stopped somewhere? no - they could have, but it would have been somewhat less likely
Haenlomal (Haenlomal)
Posted on Tuesday, December 07, 2004 - 7:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wild guess time...

The fact that your brother is younger (if I remember correctly) relevant?
Johanna (Buzzard)
Posted on Tuesday, December 07, 2004 - 7:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The fact that your brother is younger (if I remember correctly) relevant? You remember correctly, but it is not relevant.
Evariste Galois (Galois)
Posted on Tuesday, December 07, 2004 - 10:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Still no puzzle about bees, but this one has at least some allusion to bees (abeilles).

Anyway, bees (or the absence of them) relevant?
Were you both in the car during the first event? during the second? were there more people in your car?

Did any of the events involve that you or your brother saw something? (inside the car? outside the car?) hear something? talked to each other?

Were the other relevant people present in the location where the event(s) happened? Did you see them? Did you notice about their presence (about their relevance?) only after the events? Were these people, or some of them, walking? driving a car? riding a bike? bicycle? horse?

Relevant that you drove from Pennsylvania to Illinois? could it have happened on some other trip? on an aircraft? in a train? not en voyage at all?
Johanna (Buzzard)
Posted on Tuesday, December 07, 2004 - 10:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anyway, bees (or the absence of them) relevant? no
Were you both in the car during the first event? yes during the second? yes were there more people in your car? no

Did any of the events involve that you or your brother saw something? no (inside the car? outside the car?) hear something? yes (both events) talked to each other? yes (the second event only)

Were the other relevant people present in the location where the event(s) happened? no Did you see them? no Did you notice about their presence (about their relevance?) only after the events? I was aware of their relevance even before the events Were these people, or some of them, walking? driving a car? riding a bike? bicycle? horse? n/a

Relevant that you drove from Pennsylvania to Illinois? no could it have happened on some other trip? yes on an aircraft? probably not in a train? probably not not en voyage at all? possibly, but less likely
L. Jacobs (Tweek)
Posted on Tuesday, December 07, 2004 - 11:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are any of these forms of a possible alternate puzzle statement? Are any close?

"If I/he/we _____, before I/he/we _____, I/he/we might have _____."
"_____, and then _____, and as a result, _____. It was fortunate that the opposite did not occur."
"He keeps _____ before _____, and he should perform these actions in the opposite order."
"My maps were _____, and as a result, _____."

Christmas relevant? Nov. 26 relevant?
Johanna (Buzzard)
Posted on Tuesday, December 07, 2004 - 11:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are any of these forms of a possible alternate puzzle statement? Are any close?

"If I/he/we _____, before I/he/we _____, I/he/we might have _____." this is pretty close
"_____, and then _____, and as a result, _____. It was fortunate that the opposite did not occur." no
"He keeps _____ before _____, and he should perform these actions in the opposite order." no
"My maps were _____, and as a result, _____." no

Christmas relevant? Nov. 26 relevant? neither
David Burn (Woubit)
Posted on Tuesday, December 07, 2004 - 11:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This thing that you heard: was it words being spoken? sung? was it something either of you said?
Johanna (Buzzard)
Posted on Wednesday, December 08, 2004 - 12:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This thing that you heard: was it words being spoken? sung? this, among other things - good question was it something either of you said? no, nor was it something that either of us sang, because we both know better.

How was the quiz?
David Burn (Woubit)
Posted on Wednesday, December 08, 2004 - 12:42 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To what extent is is necessary to know anything about contemporary American folk music in order to make further progress? Or, indeed, any other kind of music?
Johanna (Buzzard)
Posted on Wednesday, December 08, 2004 - 1:15 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To what extent is is necessary to know anything about contemporary American folk music in order to make further progress? none Or, indeed, any other kind of music? a great deal
David Burn (Woubit)
Posted on Wednesday, December 08, 2004 - 1:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Chopin preludes? The works of Mary Chapin Carpenter, who is no good? Are we dealing with two different songs in this puzzle?
Johanna (Buzzard)
Posted on Wednesday, December 08, 2004 - 1:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Chopin preludes? no The works of Mary Chapin Carpenter, who is no good? no, this puzzle has to do with music Are we dealing with two different songs in this puzzle? two different musical works, which are not songs
David Burn (Woubit)
Posted on Wednesday, December 08, 2004 - 1:58 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do these works belong to the same genre? If so, or even if not, to what genre do they belong?

(This involves a list that may not be well-formed, so I will make a start: classical (opera? operetta? choral?); pop; rock; country; soul; jazz; blues; punk; reggae; anything after that about which I would not have a clue.)
Haenlomal (Haenlomal)
Posted on Wednesday, December 08, 2004 - 2:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the music you heard something that was from a tape? or CD? or DVD? that you? or your brother? put into the player? Or was it from over the airwaves (over the radio)?
Johanna (Buzzard)
Posted on Wednesday, December 08, 2004 - 3:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By David Burn (Woubit) on Wednesday, December 08, 2004 - 01:58 am:

Do these works belong to the same genre? yes If so, or even if not, to what genre do they belong?

(This involves a list that may not be well-formed, so I will make a start: classical (opera? operetta? this choral?); pop; rock; country; soul; jazz; blues; punk; reggae; anything after that about which I would not have a clue.)

By Haenlomal (Haenlomal) on Wednesday, December 08, 2004 - 02:38 am:

Was the music you heard something that was from a tape? this or CD? or DVD? that you? or your brother? put into the player? well, he was driving, and I wasn't... Or was it from over the airwaves (over the radio)? It wasn't. None of this is especially relevant, though.
David Burn (Woubit)
Posted on Wednesday, December 08, 2004 - 3:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Gilbert and Sullivan relevant? Offenbach? Strauss?
Johanna (Buzzard)
Posted on Wednesday, December 08, 2004 - 3:49 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Gilbert and Sullivan relevant? yes Offenbach? Strauss? not these
L. Jacobs (Tweek)
Posted on Wednesday, December 08, 2004 - 3:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How about this one:

"We heard _____, then discussed it. Our appreciation for _____ would have been much different if these events took place in the opposite order."

Will we know everything when the specific musical piece is found?
Johanna (Buzzard)
Posted on Wednesday, December 08, 2004 - 3:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How about this one:

"We heard _____, then discussed it. Our appreciation for _____ would have been much different if these events took place in the opposite order." no

Will we know everything when the specific musical piece is found? no