Archive through January 01, 2005 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - Jan 2005 » [Lynne] Ladies and Gentlebubbles » Archive through January 01, 2005 « Previous Next »

Lynne (Lynne)
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Simon Downham (Beroean) on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 04:13 pm:

Hmmm..

Was it a Terry's Chocolate orange? no, nothing like that

Were the chocolates constructed to resemble a familiar shape / structure / picture or similar? no - you will be very familiar with the idea even if you've never bought one
Lynne (Lynne)
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Simon Downham (Beroean) on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 04:14 pm:

was it a Christmas feature such as a stocking? yes, some are in that form - so what are they?
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 4:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they things like Mars bars and similar?
Lynne (Lynne)
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 4:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Simon Downham (Beroean) on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 04:18 pm:

Are they things like Mars bars and similar? yes...
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 4:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Snickers, Bountys, Kitkats, Twix, topics, Double Deckers ??

The sum = number of items or financial cost?
Lynne (Lynne)
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 4:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Simon Downham (Beroean) on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 04:22 pm:

Snickers, Bountys, Kitkats, Twix, topics, Double Deckers ?? 'they' could comprise any or all of these

The sum = number of items or financial cost? no to all
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 4:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The sum:

= the number of people that partook?
= the number of parts that the shape was made from?
= something directly related to the foodstuff?
= something directly related to the structure?

Do we need to establish more about the chocolate bars?
More about the structure?
Lynne (Lynne)
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Simon Downham (Beroean) on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 04:28 pm:

The sum:

= the number of people that partook? no
= the number of parts that the shape was made from? no
= something directly related to the foodstuff? yes
= something directly related to the structure? yes

Do we need to establish more about the chocolate bars? yes, see below
More about the structure?yes
Lynne (Lynne)
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 4:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Blooper alert

As well as the 'structure' there is a further something to find out about the chocolate bars
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 4:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do we need to find out exactly what the featured structure is?

Are the size of the choc bars relevant?
Is there anything different from the bars from those normally found on the shop shelves?
Lynne (Lynne)
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 4:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Simon Downham (Beroean) on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 04:35 pm:

Do we need to find out exactly what the featured structure is? yes

Are the size of the choc bars relevant? no
Is there anything different from the bars from those normally found on the shop shelves? no
Lynne (Lynne)
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 4:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Simon - Have you anything on eBay at the moment?
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 4:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the structure is a:
star / tree / sled / reindeer ?

Is it an elaborate shape or a simple shape?
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 4:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No not just at the moment - is that a clue?
Lynne (Lynne)
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 4:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

y Simon Downham (Beroean) on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 04:40 pm:

Is the structure is a:
star / tree / sled / reindeer ? I've seen them in the shape of a stocking as you suggested earlier, and they may well be in the other forms here

Is it an elaborate shape or a simple shape? the ones I saw were very simple, but there is a name for all of these 'structures' and they've been around since we were kids:)
Lynne (Lynne)
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 4:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

no clue, sorry - just curious!
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I sold a lot of interesting stuff in November and early December. I sold quite a few DVD's and books. I sold an antique wooden tray with a painting of a wildlfe scene to a dealer in Japan (where it was originally made about a century ago). I sold some chess books to a chap in Brazil and a pair of silver tongs to a man in Portugal, to name a few :-)
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 4:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I vaguely remember these things from childhood but I cannot recall a specific name for them.
Is the name essential to the plot?
Hannah Kinghern (Kdoc)
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 4:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Lynne! Happy New Year :)

are these selection boxes?
are you referring to the fact that the whole thing costs a lot more than the individual parts added up?
Lynne (Lynne)
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 4:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Simon Downham (Beroean) on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 04:51 pm:

I vaguely remember these things from childhood but I cannot recall a specific name for them.
Is the name essential to the plot?

the specific name is not essential, but it is helpful to at least describe what is meant here, so that we can go further. If you can give a description then that would be fine
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 4:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Hannah! - good to see you :-)

Well Hannah calls them selection boxes. I recall that the choc bars are attached to a piece of card with some thin twine and then covered in some protective netting. The card is in the form of a seasonal shape such as a Christmas stocking?

Either that or the choc bars are simply stuffed into some netting?
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 5:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lynne must be having her afternoon tea and piece of cake!