Archive through January 02, 2005 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - Jan 2005 » [Lynne] Ladies and Gentlebubbles » Archive through January 02, 2005 « Previous Next »

Lynne (Lynne)
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 5:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Hannah Kinghern (Kdoc) on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 04:54 pm:

Hi Lynne! Happy New Year Hi, almost missed you there! Happy New Year

are these selection boxes? yes
are you referring to the fact that the whole thing costs a lot more than the individual parts added up? funnily enough, that would fit the puzzle description better than what I was thinking of. In fact some contents worked out LESS than the whole despite the fancy packaging

By Simon Downham (Beroean) on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 04:57 pm:

Hi Hannah! - good to see you :-)

Well Hannah calls them selection boxes. I recall that the choc bars are attached to a piece of card with some thin twine and then covered in some protective netting. The card is in the form of a seasonal shape such as a Christmas stocking? That's it, although nowadays they also come in cardboard boxes like games compendiums, with puzzles on the back and shaped plastic trays inside to take the bars. They don't necessarily take a Christmas theme, but follow the latest children's film or computer game

Either that or the choc bars are simply stuffed into some netting? see above

So bearing in mind that the price is irrelevant, what is the unusual thing I found about them?
Lynne (Lynne)
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 5:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Simon Downham (Beroean) on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 05:05 pm:

Lynne must be having her afternoon tea and piece of cake! spot on!
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 5:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you merely viewing them on display or did you exam an opened one? Relevant?

Was there more in these selection boxes than advertised?
Lynne (Lynne)
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 5:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

y Simon Downham (Beroean) on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 05:18 pm:

Were you merely viewing them on display or did you exam an opened one? Relevant? I work part time in the local shop so I was working with opened ones - very relevant

Was there more in these selection boxes than advertised? no
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 5:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ye olde village corner shop!

Something peculiar occuring in the selection boxes of the local village store - sounds like something out of Agatha Christie :-)

Thinking.....
Lynne (Lynne)
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 5:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

:O:O
Lynne (Lynne)
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 5:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Remember I said that this could be seen all over the country.
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 5:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you involved in the construction of any of the selection boxes?

Was there a problem in getting all of the choc bars to fit in?
Lynne (Lynne)
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 5:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Simon Downham (Beroean) on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 05:40 pm:

Were you involved in the construction of any of the selection boxes? no, they come ready made up from the wholesalers

Was there a problem in getting all of the choc bars to fit in? therefore no
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did I already ask this - were there more choc bars in them than there should've been?

Were they constructed in this country? Relevant?

I must admit I'm a bit stumped at the moment but I'll ponder on it while we eat some pancakes here :-)
Lynne (Lynne)
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 5:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Simon Downham (Beroean) on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 05:48 pm:

Did I already ask this - were there more choc bars in them than there should've been? no there weren't

Were they constructed in this country? no idea Relevant?

I must admit I'm a bit stumped at the moment but I'll ponder on it while we eat some pancakes here :-) fair enough - this is where the lateral bit kicks in.

REFOCUS

But remember that the puzzle statement is probably a bit confusing! In fact forget it altogether. Just find out what me go 'Huh?' :)
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 6:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

After 4 pancakes all I can think of is that the weight may be relevant - is it?

If not, I'll ponder on what it was that you may have considered odd
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 6:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the packaging complicated?

Was there more packaging than edible contents?
Lynne (Lynne)
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 6:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Simon Downham (Beroean) on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 06:02 pm:

After 4 pancakes all I can think of is that the weight may be relevant - is it? nope

If not, I'll ponder on what it was that you may have considered odd it's something that applies to other foodstuffs as well, but in these particular circumstances it didn't 'add up'

By Simon Downham (Beroean) on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 06:08 pm:

Was the packaging complicated? no

Was there more packaging than edible contents? yes, but irrelevant
Hannah Kinghern (Kdoc)
Posted on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 4:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Simon :)

Lynne - I hope Christmas went well and you all had a decent rest afterwards.

is anythimg written on the 'box' relevant? the list of ingredients? the list of contents? a warning about the packaging? did it say 'keep away from children'?
Lynne (Lynne)
Posted on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 5:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

y Hannah Kinghern (Kdoc) on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 04:26 pm:

Lynne - I hope Christmas went well and you all had a decent rest afterwards. Thank you, but His Nibs had flu and I'm just waiting for my turn :(

is anythimg written on the 'box' relevant? YES the list of ingredients? the list of contents? a warning about the packaging? did it say 'keep away from children'? but none of those
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 6:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The writing:

Where it was produced?
Something seasonal?
Drawings?
Contains nuts?
Calories?

Didn't you have the flu jab??
Lynne (Lynne)
Posted on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 6:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Simon Downham (Beroean) on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 06:11 pm:

The writing:

Where it was produced?
Something seasonal?
Drawings?
Contains nuts?
Calories? none of those

Didn't you have the flu jab?? His Nibs should have, but he missed the appt. I don't qualify, not old enough or vulnerable enough
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 7:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the writing in english?
Any numbers involved?
A greeting?
A description?
On the front?
Back?
Sides?

The NHS is a lottery. Every member of my family had the jab simply because our GP surgery will give it to anyone who wants it.
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 7:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the writing promise something or suggest something extra?
David Burn (Woubit)
Posted on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 8:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My GP gives flu jabs even to people who don't want them. I think I've had about three this year. But I hope you manage to avoid it somehow, Lynne.

Does it matter how much these things cost? Are any of them shaped like money?
Lynne (Lynne)
Posted on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 8:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Simon Downham (Beroean) on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 07:46 pm:

Was the writing in english? yes
Any numbers involved? yes
A greeting? no
A description? no
On the front?
Back?
Sides? on one of the sides, but the position is irrelevant as long as it's there

By Simon Downham (Beroean) on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 07:53 pm:

Did the writing promise something or suggest something extra? no

By David Burn (Woubit) on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 08:16 pm:

My GP gives flu jabs even to people who don't want them. I think I've had about three this year. But I hope you manage to avoid it somehow, Lynne. thank you :)

Does it matter how much these things cost? no Are any of them shaped like money? no