Archive through January 13, 2005 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - Jan 2005 » Only too sad » Archive through January 13, 2005 « Previous Next »

Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 7:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is my first puzzle after many years. I have no idea how this may come out. So please don't hit me too hard if I do something wrong. I promise to learn quickly...

Only after he had almost ruined her life, he realized that...
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 7:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

... she was already dead?
... she existed only in his head?
... it was his own mother / daughter etc?
... he loved her?

Is this a FOYI (fign=ment of your imagination)?
Is it taken from real life?
Is the time period relevant?
He and her both human?
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 7:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

not fign=ment but figment!
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 7:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

.. she was already dead? no
... she existed only in his head? no
... it was his own mother / daughter etc? no
... he loved her? no

Is this a FOYI ? no
Is it taken from real life? yes, and...
Is the time period relevant? yes
He and her both human? no
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 7:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is one of them human?
Is at least one a dog?

Did it take place over 10 years ago?
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 7:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is one of them human? yes
Is at least one a dog?no
Did it take place over 10 years ago? you mean exactly? no
Arjun Rangarajan (Jun)
Posted on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 7:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the human male? female? Is the other an animal? His/her pet?
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 7:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the human male?this one female? Is the other an animal?yes His/her pet? no
Arjun Rangarajan (Jun)
Posted on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You said this had happened in real life? Is it well-established that the animal was female? Does it have to be for the puzzle to work?
Tim A. Dowd (Bodo)
Posted on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 7:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just to cover the basics...

Do both "he"s in the puzzle statement refer to the same man?
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 7:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You said this had happened in real life? yes Is it well-established that the animal was female? not really, it could have been a male as well Does it have to be for the puzzle to work? no, it would work perfectly if it was a male
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 7:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do both "he"s in the puzzle statement refer to the same man? yes
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 7:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

oh. BLOOOPERRR! sorry!

Is it well-established that the animal was female? not really, it could have been a male as well no, it IS well-established she was a "she"; however, as I said, it could perfectly work for a "he" as well
Arjun Rangarajan (Jun)
Posted on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 7:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

by 'almost ruined her life' do you mean
- hurt her physically?
- mentally, as in took away her baby/mother etc.?
- both e.g. made her live in unnatual habitats?

And to make sure - by 'he' do you mean a particular person? or a group, like humankind?
Arjun Rangarajan (Jun)
Posted on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 7:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is this a well-known event? Would it help to get the place, time, names?
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 7:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

by 'almost ruined her life' do you mean
- hurt her physically? no
- mentally, as in took away her baby/mother etc.? no
- both e.g. made her live in unnatual habitats? this would be the closest

And to make sure - by 'he' do you mean a particular person? or a group, like humankind? a very particular personJ
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 7:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is this a well-known event? I think it is quite well knownWould it help to get the place, time, names? it most certainly wouldJ
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 7:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the animal a horse?

When I said "over 10 years ago" I meant longer than 10 years ago - did it take place more than 10 yeras ago?
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 8:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the animal a horse? no

When I said "over 10 years ago" I meant longer than 10 years ago - did it take place more than 10 yeras ago yes, it did
Peter Johnson (Astraz)
Posted on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 8:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he realise that he was looking after or feeding the animal incorrectly.
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 8:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he realise that he was looking after or feeding the animal incorrectly. FA
Peter Johnson (Astraz)
Posted on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 8:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the type / breed of animal relevant ?