Archive through January 26, 2005 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - Jan 2005 » [Beroean] Another Bourbon Sir? » Archive through January 26, 2005 « Previous Next »

Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Tuesday, January 25, 2005 - 11:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he do something with his body from waist above? Below?

Did he touch/affect any other person when doing it?

Was he drunk? Relevant?

Did he do it at the beginning of the party? In the middle? Towards its end? Relevant?
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Tuesday, January 25, 2005 - 11:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he do something with his body from waist above? No :)

Below? Yes :)

Did he touch/affect any other person when doing it? No

Was he drunk? Yes
Relevant? Yes

Did he do it at the beginning of the party? In the middle? Towards its end? Relevant?
Not so relevant but enough to say that he was late to the party and did it at some stage after his arrival
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Tuesday, January 25, 2005 - 11:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did his action reflect badly on his character? Yes
His beliefs? No
Belied what the J's had been thinking of him? Quite likely
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Tuesday, January 25, 2005 - 11:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

From knees above? From thighs above?

Did he do it deliberately or by mistake?
Arjun Rangarajan (Jun)
Posted on Tuesday, January 25, 2005 - 11:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he remove any part of his clothing? Any gestures?
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Tuesday, January 25, 2005 - 11:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

From knees above? Yes
From thighs above? Yes

Did he do it deliberately or by mistake? That's difficult to establish with certainty but I would suggest that he likely knew what he was doing but would not have done it if he had not been plastered
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Tuesday, January 25, 2005 - 11:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he remove any part of his clothing? \b[I don't know but he would certainly have undone part of his clothing}

Any gestures? No, I don't think so
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Tuesday, January 25, 2005 - 11:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh dear... this is what I feared...

Did he know that there were other people with him in the room? Did he see properly?
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 12:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he remove any part of his clothing?
I don't know but he would certainly have undone part of his clothing
Arjun Rangarajan (Jun)
Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 12:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Now this is getting sticky :)
The girl from the limerick about my city relevant?
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 12:02 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh dear... this is what I feared... And I have been highly amused by your tentative steps toward exploring the truth :)

Did he know that there were other people with him in the room? I have no idea
Did he see properly? I have no idea

I only know of the account from what little I have read about this speciific scenario
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 12:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Now this is getting sticky Actually it's not too bad - I regard it as being acceptable to print on the forum

The girl from the limerick about my city relevant? No
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 12:06 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he expose a part of his body? If so, was it just this or was there something else to it?
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 12:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he expose a part of his body? He would have to have done so to execute the act that followed
If so, was it just this or was there something else to it? See above
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 12:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he...defecate or urinate?

You see... you finally managed to make me stop beating around the bush..
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 12:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he...defecate or urinate?
Yes he urinated in the fireplace!

You see... you finally managed to make me stop beating around the bush.. Bravo! :)
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 12:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need to go to bed shortly but I'll leave a recap first
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 12:17 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So I assume the host should have said something like: Better in than out, I always say, young man!

that would have been really aristocratically decadent...
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 12:19 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I mean.. better OUT than IN...
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 12:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So I assume the host should have said something like: Better in than out, I always say, young man!

Well that is quite witty but as you will discover there is more to find out before you will hit on (what I think you'll agree) would be the most fitting thing to have said

I mean.. better OUT than IN... I knew what you meant :-)
Arjun Rangarajan (Jun)
Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 12:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was there a reason (apart from a full bladder of course) that our friend did this?
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 12:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

RECAP

This is a real life scenario that took place at an engagement party. The party was held by the parents of the bride to be to be, in their own home. The prospective husband turned up late and being very drunk proceeded to urinate in the fireplace.

The outcome was that the engagement / wedding was called off.

We donít know exactly what was said when the man urinated in the fireplace in front of his hosts but there is something very specific that would've been especially logical and apt. Your object is to discover exactly what the phrase is.

(Goodnight and sleep well - back tomorrow)