Archive through January 26, 2005 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - Jan 2005 » [Beroean] Another Bourbon Sir? » Archive through January 26, 2005 « Previous Next »

Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 12:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was there a reason (apart from a full bladder of course) that our friend did this?
Probably that he was so drunk that he had lost all sense of decorum
Arjun Rangarajan (Jun)
Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 12:42 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Good night Simon!
Arjun Rangarajan (Jun)
Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does it involve the use of the p word?
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 6:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does it involve the use of the p word? I'm not sure what the P word is but No, I am certain it doesn't

i{If it is any help, the phrase you are looking for is not a risque' one.
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 6:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the phrase rather sarcastic? angry? a proverb? a quote?
Arjun Rangarajan (Jun)
Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 6:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it relevant that he urinated into the fireplace? Does the phrase talk about the future of their marriage? His character?
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Alizon
Was the phrase rather sarcastic? No
angry? In tone only
a proverb? No
a quote? Noish

Arjun
Is it relevant that he urinated into the fireplace? Not so much that he urinated in the fire place but that he did something that caused shock and exclaimation!

Does the phrase talk about the future of their marriage? No
His character? Yesish (but be careful not to be mislead) - explore!
Arjun Rangarajan (Jun)
Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 6:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does it make an extrapolation based on the current incident? Such as 'a man who cannot hold his bladder cannot...'
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 6:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the phrase include the words "You..." or "You are a ..."

An allusion that he was unable to hold something?
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 6:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Arjun, I see that we are along the same line of thinking
Arjun Rangarajan (Jun)
Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 6:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Arjun, I see that we are along the same line of thinking

Absolutely. Should we make it easier for Simon and ask alternate questions? :)
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 6:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Arjun
Does it make an extrapolation based on the current incident? No
Such as 'a man who cannot hold his bladder cannot...' No, nothing like this (no matter how appropriate it seems) *

Alizon
Did the phrase include the words "You..." Nou are a ..." No * :)

An allusion that he was unable to hold something?No *

*Finding the phrase is the lateral bit of this puzzle
Arjun Rangarajan (Jun)
Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 7:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the phrase
- a remark?
- a conclusion?
- a piece of advice?
- an instruction?
- an expression of anger/ disgust?

Is the only person mentioned in the phrase the man?

Is the puzzle title relevant?
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 7:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the phrase
- a remark? sort of
- a conclusion? sort of
- a piece of advice? no
- an instruction? no
- an expression of anger/ disgust? This is the closest but it is more an expression of dismay

Is the only person mentioned in the phrase the man? Yes

Is the puzzle title relevant? No, it is just me being sarcastic
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 8:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the host say: Now, you really pis*ed me off?
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 8:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Adjustment
Is the puzzle title relevant? Yes

Did the host say: Now, you really pis*ed me off? No (there are no objectionable words at all)
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 8:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I thought this was the case, I just couldn't resist...

Did they offer him another drink? Anything else?
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 9:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The relevance of the title is only a subtle one

Did they offer him another drink? No
Anything else? No
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 9:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it a statement? A question? An exclamation?

Was it a long sentence? How many words?
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 9:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it a statement? yope
A question? no
An exclamation? Yes

Was it a long sentence? No
How many words? Two Words
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 9:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And neither of the words was "you", correct?
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 9:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And neither of the words was "you", correct? Correct