(Dref) Fowl Play Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - Feb 2005 » (Dref) Fowl Play « Previous Next »

Dref (Dref)
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 11:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The damages would not have occurred if they hadn't made that crucial mistake with the fowls.
Eliot (Eliot)
Posted on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 12:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Fowls=Birds? Real living birds? Birds decapitated/plucked/going to be eaten?
How many fowls? 2 or more? 10 or more? 100 or more? Exact number relevant?
Did the fowls directly create the damages? Do "they" have some job having to do with fowls?
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 1:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

chickens?
chickens on skateboards?

Damages:
physical dmages?
financial damages?
legal damages?
Dref (Dref)
Posted on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 7:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Fowls=Birds? yes Real living birds? no Birds decapitated/plucked/going to be eaten? yessish
How many fowls? 2 or more? 10 or more? about this 100 or more? Exact number relevant? no
Did the fowls directly create the damages? yes Do "they" have some job having to do with fowls? no

By Simon Downham (Beroean) on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 01:24 pm:

chickens? yup
chickens on skateboards? nope, although I sense a new LTPF running gag/inside joke starting here...;)

Damages:
physical dmages? yes
financial damages? yes
legal damages? no
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
Posted on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 2:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the fowl being prepared for eating?
Was the fowl going to be cooked?
Was any of the damage done to humans? to someone's property?
Dref (Dref)
Posted on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 8:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the fowl being prepared for eating? no, but...
Was the fowl going to be cooked? In a nutshell, yes, it was chickens meant to be sold at groceries that was used...there's a reason I have to be a little vague here...
Was any of the damage done to humans? no to someone's property? yes
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

were the chickens frozen?

Fred can you take a look at Star-fury {Scorpion_Hunter - I could do with some help - there is a fairy recent recap}
Dref (Dref)
Posted on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 8:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were the chickens frozen? YES

Fred can you take a look at Star-fury {Scorpion_Hunter - I could do with some help - there is a fairy recent recap} I'll give it a look as soon as I get a chance ;)
Tim A. Dowd (Bodo)
Posted on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 8:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm getting a strong feeling of deja vu, and not only that, I think this one's been done before.

So they were testing skateboards, and they tested them with frozen chickens instead of, well, unfrozen ones, right? While stepping on their feet?
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 8:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the chickens get thrown..?
.. fall or otherwise become propelled some how?
Did the chickens damage something?

Did the chicken meat become unfit for human consumption? Relevant?
Dref (Dref)
Posted on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 9:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm getting a strong feeling of deja vu, and not only that, I think this one's been done before. I sure hope not, or that if it has it's been mostly forgotten.

So they were testing skateboards, and they tested them with frozen chickens instead of, well, unfrozen ones, right? While stepping on their feet? No, now where would you get such a silly idea like that?

By Simon Downham (Beroean) on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 08:48 pm:

Did the chickens get thrown..?
.. fall or otherwise become propelled some how? propelled
Did the chickens damage something? yes

Did the chicken meat become unfit for human consumption? no Relevant? no
Tim A. Dowd (Bodo)
Posted on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 9:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm pretty sure I know what's going on, so I'll sit out unless something comes up which invalidates my hypothotheory.
Dref (Dref)
Posted on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 9:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Drat. But we'll see.
Peter Johnson (Astraz)
Posted on Tuesday, February 01, 2005 - 12:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are the chickens in a delivery vehicle ?
Were the chickens securely tied down in the vehicle ?
Did the delivery vehicle crash and throw the chickens somewere, thus causing damage to something ?
David Burn (Woubit)
Posted on Tuesday, February 01, 2005 - 1:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were the chickens supposed to be frozen?
Dref (Dref)
Posted on Tuesday, February 01, 2005 - 11:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are the chickens in a delivery vehicle? no
Were the chickens securely tied down in the vehicle ?
Did the delivery vehicle crash and throw the chickens somewere, thus causing damage to something ?

By David Burn (Woubit) on Tuesday, February 01, 2005 - 01:00 pm:

Were the chickens supposed to be frozen? no
David Burn (Woubit)
Posted on Wednesday, February 02, 2005 - 2:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In that case, I think I also know this :( Will see if that is so, at least for a while.
Tim A. Dowd (Bodo)
Posted on Wednesday, February 02, 2005 - 3:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, I suppose we can only hope we're not "seldom differing" this time...
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 5:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Everyone seems to be dropping out Fred. There is something vaguely familiar about all this and that's what prompted me to ask about "frozen" chickens but I can't remember the exact scenario - if indeed it is what everyone is suspecting.

One thing that I seems to recall though - was there an issue about speed in all of this?
Dref (Dref)
Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 6:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If they drop out, I will simply flunk them, is all. ;)

Yes, speed is an issue...if you remember fully the solution feel free to blurt it out. ;)
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 6:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't remember it all (due to the aging process) but it's something about testing the speed of something or other?
Dref (Dref)
Posted on Friday, February 04, 2005 - 2:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

yessish
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Friday, February 04, 2005 - 6:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Fred I can't remember the exact scenario - was it about the chickens smashing into windscreens?
Were trains / aeroplanes involved?
Dref (Dref)
Posted on Saturday, February 05, 2005 - 12:48 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

YES to both, not that bad of a memory, eh? ;)
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Saturday, February 05, 2005 - 9:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well this swiss cheese that contains my memory is leaking ideas about a setup testing the speed of chickens hitting windscreens to simulate that of birds in flight smashing into the windscreens of aeroplanes.

I guess that the screens were invariably smashed because someone forgot to specify that the chickens should be the thawed variety?
Dref (Dref)
Posted on Saturday, February 05, 2005 - 5:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well this swiss cheese that contains my memory is leaking ideas about a setup testing the speed of chickens hitting windscreens to simulate that of birds in flight smashing into the windscreens of aeroplanes.

I guess that the screens were invariably smashed because someone forgot to specify that the chickens should be the thawed variety?

Swiss cheese, eh? Well, you are entirely correct Dr. Beckett and that is good enough for a

***** SPOILER *****
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Saturday, February 05, 2005 - 10:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Who is Dr. Beckett? (Someone in Sanford & Son?)

I only vaguely recollect the whole scenario but the image of frozen chickens being propelled at great velocity and then smashing into an oncoming obstruction, is far to compelling to forget so easily.

As the puzzle progressed and the cheese matured I was able encourage the regeneration of some key synapses.

On reflection I am slightly concerned. Tim and David belong to my generation but they recalled the whole thing without any problem. Do you think I may have that condition - what's it called now, I've forgotten!

Any way a very apt theme for a puzzle just now!
Dref (Dref)
Posted on Sunday, February 06, 2005 - 7:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, I guess most urban legend type folklore has been done here by now. ;)

Dr. Beckett was the hero of the great sci-fi series "Quantam Leap". He traveled back in time, by "leaping" into other peoples bodies and lives, but lost much of his memory about his own life in doing so.

Throught the program, his memory is described as being "swiss cheesed" so I thought the comparison was apropros. :)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: