Archive through February 03, 2005 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - Feb 2005 » [Alizon] Alas, they failed... » Archive through February 03, 2005 « Previous Next »

Dref (Dref)
Posted on Wednesday, February 02, 2005 - 4:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did "they" either one or both, suffer from anorexia?

Was it one or more persons trying to force them to take the drugs?

Are the drugs purely meant for mind altering?
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Wednesday, February 02, 2005 - 8:17 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did "they" either one or both, suffer from anorexia? yes. It was probably not anorexia in the strict sense (I know that the puzzle statement might be a bit misleading in this, but I just couldn't resist). Let us say that one of them was eating much less than usual.

Was it one or more persons trying to force them to take the drugs? no

Are the drugs purely meant for mind altering? no, the drug in question was not this type of a drug
Dref (Dref)
Posted on Wednesday, February 02, 2005 - 10:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they related to each other?
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 10:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they related to each other?
yes indeed
Tim A. Dowd (Bodo)
Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 3:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Placebos relevant?
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 6:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Placebos relevant? not at all
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 6:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

are the drugs - medcines?
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 7:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

are the drugs - medcines? no in the usual sense of the word, although they are referred to as such. did you write the word like this on purpose? I do not want to nitpick at all, but there might be a wonderful coincidence. I'll explain later why I am asking
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 9:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are we talking about herbal drugs or similar?

"did you write the word like this on purpose?"
YES but I spelled it wrong - I do it to annoy Woubit.

"I do not want to nitpick at all"
Don't worry, I used to it.

"but there might be a wonderful coincidence."
Or it might be pure fluke or possibly a Freudian phenomenon
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 9:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are we talking about herbal drugs or similar? yes, we are

"did you write the word like this on purpose?"
YES but I spelled it wrong - I do it to annoy Woubit.
I was just wondering...I bet that when I explain at the end of the puzzle why I was making such a fuss about a misspelled word, Woubit will be delighted.
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 9:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The herbal drugs:

More than one type?
Specific drug(s) relevant?
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 10:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The herbal drugs:

More than one type? no, just one
Specific drug(s) relevant? it is only the overall effect of the drug which counts; the drug itself is, let us say, a secret mixture of herbs and it would be no use to search for its exact components.
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

the effect:
Is it a desired effect?
A side effect?

Drowsiness?
Anorexia?
Appetizer?
Falling in love with the first person of the opposite gender that you cast your eyes upon?
Other?
Arjun (Jun)
Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 10:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was atleast one of them trying to increase his/her appetite? Have we determined the sex of the two people? Are they husband and wife?
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 10:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

aphrodisiac (or however iots spelled)?
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 10:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

the effect:
Is it a desired effect? yes
A side effect? no

Drowsiness? no
Anorexia? no
Appetizer? no
Falling in love with the first person of the opposite gender that you cast your eyes upon? no
Other? yes

Was atleast one of them trying to increase his/her appetite? no Have we determined the sex of the two people? not yet Are they husband and wife? no, but ORT

aphrodisiac (or however iots spelled)? I am afraid not
Arjun (Jun)
Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 10:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they husband and wife? no, but ORT
Partners? Are they man and woman? ages relevant? friends?
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 10:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

analgesic?
antidepressant?
tranquilizer?
anticonvulsant?
muscle relaxant?
anti emetic?
emetic?

does it effect the cardio-vascular system?
The respiratory system?
The brain?
Nervous system?
The skin?

Other?
The digestive system?
Arjun (Jun)
Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 10:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm beginning to feel unwell... :)
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 10:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

:)

I'm beginning to feel nauseous
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 10:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Partners? yes Are they man and woman? yes ages relevant? yes friends? I guess so..

analgesic?
antidepressant?
tranquilizer?
anticonvulsant?
muscle relaxant?
anti emetic?
emetic? no to these

does it effect the cardio-vascular system? probably
The respiratory system? probably
The brain? probably not
Nervous system? probably not
The skin? no

Other?
The digestive system? probably not

I'm beginning to feel unwell... I fully sympathize with you
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 10:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm beginning to feel nauseous chin up! It's not that bad...