Archive through February 06, 2005 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - Feb 2005 » [Alizon] Alas, they failed... » Archive through February 06, 2005 « Previous Next »

Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 10:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does it affect the sexual organs?
Hormonal system?

anti-inflammatory?
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 10:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does it affect the sexual organs?
Hormonal system?

anti-inflammatory? none of the above, it's rather "pro" something than "anti" something
Arjun (Jun)
Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 10:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So let me see if I can summarise this -
There's a couple, one of whom is not getting enough to eat, that wants to try some herbal drug? But they fail to take the drug?

Relevant who's not getting enough to eat? Who is it?
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 10:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

progesterone :-)

but which bodily system does it effect - I though I covered most - did I miss some?

Does it affect the mood or emotions?
Or something physical?

Is it a nutritional supplement of some sort?
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 11:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So let me see if I can summarise this -
There's a couple,yes one of whom is not getting enough to eat exactly so, that wants to try some herbal drug? I would say yes had it not been for the FA But they fail to take the drug? same answer as previous

Relevant who's not getting enough to eat? yes Who is it? the girl, of course

progesterone :-) and Prozac But neither is the drug we are looking for.

but which bodily system does it effect - I though I covered most - did I miss some? I do not think so - it would probably affect the cardiovascular system, the pulmonary system and possibly muscles as well

Does it affect the mood or emotions? I do not think so
Or something physical? yes - see above

Is it a nutritional supplement of some sort?
yope, I think it could be but I am not completely sure
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Saturday, February 05, 2005 - 11:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To revive my puzzle and save it from the lateral limbo, I am going to do a

RECAP

There is a couple. The girl is deliberately eating much less than usual (Arjun, perhaps I gave you a misleading answer to your question of "not getting enough to eat", so I think I should consider this to be a BLOOPER ALERT.) We have not yet established who of them refused to take a herbal drug (a secret mixture of herbs) the exact components of which are not important. The desired effect of the drug would probably have affected the heart, the lungs, and the muscles.
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Saturday, February 05, 2005 - 11:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the drug supposed to make her stronger?
Act as a tonic to boost her health?
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Saturday, February 05, 2005 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do we need to know the girl's reason for eating her less?
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Sunday, February 06, 2005 - 3:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the drug supposed to make her stronger? Were it not for the FA, I would be happy to answer YES.
Act as a tonic to boost her health? no
Do we need to know the girl's reason for eating her less? definitely, yes
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Sunday, February 06, 2005 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I see, I suppose it was the man who refused to take the herbal drug?

Reason for eating less:
Is it determined by her or against her will?

A physical reason eg intestinal blockage / constipation / nausea?

A psychological reason such as a desire to lose weight / look slimmer / manipulation of others /protest / emotional black mail?
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Sunday, February 06, 2005 - 3:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I see, I suppose it was the man who refused to take the herbal drug? exactly so!

Reason for eating less:
Is it determined by her this one or against her will?

A physical reason eg intestinal blockage / constipation / nausea? no to all

A psychological reason yes such as a desire to lose weight yes but there is more to it/ look slimmer / manipulation of others /protest / emotional black mail? no to the rest
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Sunday, February 06, 2005 - 3:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

She wanted to lose weight for a particular reason?

or

She wanted to lose weight and there was also another reason for eating less?

What is meant by "they failed"?
The drugs failed?
The two people failed?
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Sunday, February 06, 2005 - 4:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

She wanted to lose weight for a particular reason? this one

or

She wanted to lose weight and there was also another reason for eating less?

What is meant by "they failed"?
The drugs failed?
The two people failed? and this one
Tim A. Dowd (Bodo)
Posted on Sunday, February 06, 2005 - 4:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were they engaged to be married?
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Sunday, February 06, 2005 - 4:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were they engaged to be married? no, not officially.
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Sunday, February 06, 2005 - 4:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she:
need to fit into some clothes?
want to win a bet?
want to get pregnant?
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Sunday, February 06, 2005 - 4:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she:
need to fit into some clothes? no
want to win a bet? no, but ORT
want to get pregnant? no
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Sunday, February 06, 2005 - 5:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was she in competition?
A sponsorship for a cause?
Were they both trying to lose weight?
Or both attempting some feat and they both failed?
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Sunday, February 06, 2005 - 5:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was she in competition? no
A sponsorship for a cause? no
Were they both trying to lose weight? no, just the girl
Or both attempting some feat and they both failed? exactly!
Tim A. Dowd (Bodo)
Posted on Sunday, February 06, 2005 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was she trying to lose weight and he trying to gain it?

Were they seeking a particular job?
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Sunday, February 06, 2005 - 5:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was she trying to lose weight and he trying to gain it? no

Were they seeking a particular job? noish
Dref (Dref)
Posted on Sunday, February 06, 2005 - 6:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the girl in a weight loss program?