(juggler54)Identical Gloves (first p... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - March 2005 » (juggler54)Identical Gloves (first puzzle, tell me of mistakes please) « Previous Next »

john e. littleton (Juggler54)
Posted on Wednesday, March 02, 2005 - 12:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Two professional baseball players went to have a tryout. They were given identical gloves and then told to pitch. The first one threw accurately and always pitched a strike, but the second was very wild. Why?
Tim A. Dowd (Bodo)
Posted on Wednesday, March 02, 2005 - 12:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is that your real email address? Because I have a guess, but I don't want to $poil the puzzle if I'm right...
David Burn (Woubit)
Posted on Wednesday, March 02, 2005 - 12:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't know much about this, but does a baseball glove fit only one hand? So that, if they were given identical gloves, the second pitcher might have had to pitch wrong-handed, because he had to wear the glove on the hand with which he would normally pitch?

In any case, welcome to the LTPF :)
Tim A. Dowd (Bodo)
Posted on Wednesday, March 02, 2005 - 12:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, never mind then. And welcome from me too. :O
Posted on Wednesday, March 02, 2005 - 8:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yeah that's the answer
and no that isn't my real email.
is there any other way to communicate besides email?
Tim A. Dowd (Bodo)
Posted on Thursday, March 03, 2005 - 3:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, another option when you think you know the answer early on is to post a "cryptic" question, but I couldn't think of one that wouldn't give it away in this case. I suppose I could've posted with white text, but it's pretty hard not to look at white text when you know it's there...
Martin Schwenk (Trickymartin)
Posted on Thursday, March 03, 2005 - 5:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And some of us have browsers that do show white text. Which I learned when I once made a puzzle including it...
Posted on Friday, March 04, 2005 - 6:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

would it work to put spoiler at the top?

and since this ones been solved do i have to do something to make it off the new puzzles list?
Haenlomal (Haenlomal)
Posted on Friday, March 04, 2005 - 7:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No. Just put the words SPOILER in bold (like I have done below), and sooner or later, a moderator will move it to the Solved puzzles section. Feel free to start a new puzzle if you wish.

************* SPOILER ****************
Posted on Friday, March 04, 2005 - 8:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

*****************Spoiler****************

THis puzzle is solved

Thanks for the help

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: