Archive through March 06, 2005 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - March 2005 » [Rabrab] No Fires » Archive through March 06, 2005 « Previous Next »

Barbara Johannessen Bailey (Rabrab)
Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2005 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

He walked and walked, but didn't get anywhere. Neither did I.

This may turn out to be a quicky.
Tommy Petersson (Tommyp)
Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2005 - 6:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

He a human? male? living?
Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2005 - 7:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tommyp:

He a human? no male? yes, but irrelevant; 'He' as the default gender-unimportant pronoun living? yes
Fred Z (Dref)
Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2005 - 7:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Treadmill?
Sam Greene (Pandora)
Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2005 - 7:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Relevant where he was?

Was he trying to get somewhere? were you?
Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2005 - 7:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

(Dref):

Treadmill? no
Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2005 - 7:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

(Pandora):
Relevant where he was? yes

Was he trying to get somewhere? yes, I assume so were you? yes-ish
Sam Greene (Pandora)
Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2005 - 7:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you with this person? did you know him? relevant?

Was he indoors? outdoors? was he walking along the ground? upwards? downwards?

Was he walking the wrong way on an escalator?
Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2005 - 7:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Pandora:
Were you with this person? yes, for svv of 'with'. Also, check previous answers.
did you know him? clarify 'know', please relevant?or don't, since it's not relevant anyway

Was he indoors? yes outdoors? no
was he walking along the ground? no upwards?no downwards? and no

Was he walking the wrong way on an escalator? no
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2005 - 8:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is this real situation that you were involved in?
Or is it a fantasy?
Were you actually walking too?
Were you in the same situation as him?
Or were you else where?

Were you reading something?
Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2005 - 8:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Beroean:

Is this real situation that you were involved in? yes
Or is it a fantasy? no
Were you actually walking too? no, I wasn't
Were you in the same situation as him? no
Or were you else where? I was very close to him.

Were you reading something? no, but...
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2005 - 8:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you watching a Video screen?
Is he a human?
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2005 - 8:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

sorry just read that he wasn't human - is he a dog / horse?
mammal?
Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2005 - 8:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Beroean:

Were you watching a Video screen? Like a TV? no, but may mislead...

is he a dog / horse? no
mammal? no
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2005 - 8:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is he an insect (or similar)?
Reptile?
Bird?
Amphibian?
Fish (walking? - hmm)?
A water creature?
A fantasy being?
Were you dreaming?
Was he tangible?
Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2005 - 8:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Beroean:

Is he an insect yes (or similar)? Not similar; he is an insect.

Reptile?
Bird?
Amphibian?
Fish (walking? - hmm)? hmm, indeed. Haven't you heard of walking catfish? But no to the rest, anyway.
A water creature?
A fantasy being? no to these as well
Were you dreaming? no
Was he tangible? oh yes, quite
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2005 - 9:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You were watching an insect?
Walking on you?
Near you?
Is the specific type of insect relevant?
Is there any other relevant element to this scenario?
Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2005 - 9:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Beroean:

You were watching an insect? yes
Walking on you? no
Near you? yes
Is the specific type of insect relevant? not terribly so, but it will help
Is there any other relevant element to this scenario? Why he didn't get anywhere, and why I said that I didn't either.
Martin Schwenk (Trickymartin)
Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2005 - 9:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Didn't you get anywhere simply because you kept staring at the bug, waiting for it to complete its task?
Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2005 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Trickymartin:

Didn't you get anywhere simply because you kept staring at the bug, waiting for it to complete its task? That's -precisely- why I didn't get anywhere! I was supposed to be writing an article; but I found that I wasn't getting anywhere on it. What's left to find out is what -he- was doing that kept me watching him...
Tommy Petersson (Tommyp)
Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2005 - 10:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the bug walk, but was hindered by something and couldn't get anywhere? did it slide back?
Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2005 - 10:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tommyp:

Did the bug walk, yes, for about fifteen minutes but was hindered by something yes-ish, in a way of speaking and couldn't get anywhere? yes
did it slide back?no