Archive through February 20, 2005 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - April 2005 » [Buzzard] A bottle of Petrone » Archive through February 20, 2005 « Previous Next »

David Burn (Woubit)
Posted on Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 9:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was he struck by some inanimate object? by some animal?
Johanna (Buzzard)
Posted on Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 9:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was he struck by some inanimate object? "yope" or "please rephrase" - whichever would make you less cross with me by some animal? no - there are no nonhuman animals involved in this puzzle
David Burn (Woubit)
Posted on Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 9:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he strike some inanimate object? More than one? Was it in motion at the time? Was he?
Johanna (Buzzard)
Posted on Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 9:58 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he strike some inanimate object? yes More than one? no Was it in motion at the time? no Was he? yes
David Burn (Woubit)
Posted on Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 10:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was he walking? Running? Being propelled by some means of transport?
Johanna (Buzzard)
Posted on Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 10:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was he walking? Running? Being propelled by some means of transport? none of these
David Burn (Woubit)
Posted on Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 10:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the whole of his body in motion? or just some of it? (including, presumably, his head?)
Johanna (Buzzard)
Posted on Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 10:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the whole of his body in motion? or just some of it? I am not sure. Probably the latter. (including, presumably, his head?) indeed
David Burn (Woubit)
Posted on Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 10:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was he seated at the time? Standing? Lying down? In some other position?
Johanna (Buzzard)
Posted on Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 10:24 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was he seated at the time? Standing? Lying down? In some other position? this
David Burn (Woubit)
Posted on Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 10:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Crouching? In some transitional state between sitting and standing? Between sitting and lying? Between standing and lying? Were his feet touching the ground? Was any part of him touching the ground?
Johanna (Buzzard)
Posted on Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 10:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Crouching? this is closest In some transitional state between sitting and standing? Between sitting and lying? Between standing and lying? Were his feet touching the ground? well, his shoes (which were on his feet) were touching the floor :) Was any part of him touching the ground? other than his feet, I'm not sure
David Burn (Woubit)
Posted on Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 10:42 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Squatting? Kneeling? How far was his head above the ground?
Johanna (Buzzard)
Posted on Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 10:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Squatting? how do you distinguish this from crouching? Kneeling? no How far was his head above the ground? I don't know exactly. Two to three feet, I would guess
David Burn (Woubit)
Posted on Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 11:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think that to squat specifically involves bending both knees so that the backs of the calves are in contact, or almost in contact, with the backs of the thighs. To crouch is rather less specific - when a sprinter is about to start a race, for example, he crouches, but he does not squat.

Did he bang his head on some object in the process of assuming whatever position he did assume? Did he hit his head on some item of furniture?
Johanna (Buzzard)
Posted on Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 11:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think that to squat specifically involves bending both knees so that the backs of the calves are in contact, or almost in contact, with the backs of the thighs. To crouch is rather less specific - when a sprinter is about to start a race, for example, he crouches, but he does not squat. I see. I don't know exactly what position he was in, but there are some characteristics of it that are relevant. You have already discovered one of them, which is that his head was not so far off the ground.

Did he bang his head on some object in the process of assuming whatever position he did assume? no Did he hit his head on some item of furniture? no
David Burn (Woubit)
Posted on Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 11:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am a bit lost here - is the sequence of events that he adopted some unknown position in which his head was not far off the ground, and then he did something else that led to his banging his head? Was he trying to demonstrate soemthing? was he trying to show reverence for something? to follow correct behaviour in a particular situation?
Johanna (Buzzard)
Posted on Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 11:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am a bit lost here - is the sequence of events that he adopted some unknown position in which his head was not far off the ground, and then he did something else that led to his banging his head? yes Was he trying to demonstrate soemthing? was he trying to show reverence for something? to follow correct behaviour in a particular situation? none of these
David Burn (Woubit)
Posted on Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he bang his head on the ground?
Johanna (Buzzard)
Posted on Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 11:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he bang his head on the ground? no
David Burn (Woubit)
Posted on Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was he adopting this strange position as part of his effort to make a good impression? was he looking for something on the ground?
Johanna (Buzzard)
Posted on Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 11:46 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was he adopting this strange position as part of his effort to make a good impression? yesish, but beware was he looking for something on the ground? no