Archive through March 15, 2005 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - April 2005 » (Silas) Cocka-doodle-do » Archive through March 15, 2005 « Previous Next »

Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
Posted on Thursday, March 10, 2005 - 3:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are machines involved? robots?
Silas (Silas)
Posted on Thursday, March 10, 2005 - 9:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Ixoye724 (Ixoye724) on Thursday, March 10, 2005 - 03:00 pm:

Are machines involved? robots? no to both only humans sort of.
Random (Random)
Posted on Friday, March 11, 2005 - 5:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would the choice of celery have come about partially due to the confusion between stake and steak?

If yes, do I have to disqualify myself since I know the source material?
Silas (Silas)
Posted on Friday, March 11, 2005 - 2:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Random (Random) on Friday, March 11, 2005 - 05:36 am:

Would the choice of celery have come about partially due to the confusion between stake this one.and steak?

If yes, do I have to disqualify myself since I know the source material? if you could email me the information that would be great.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
Posted on Friday, March 11, 2005 - 4:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Vampires involved?
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
Posted on Friday, March 11, 2005 - 4:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sunrise/sundown relevant?
Silas (Silas)
Posted on Friday, March 11, 2005 - 7:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Ixoye724 (Ixoye724) on Friday, March 11, 2005 - 04:17 pm:

Vampires involved? no, but there is one in the story but it is irel.
Silas (Silas)
Posted on Friday, March 11, 2005 - 7:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Ixoye724 (Ixoye724) on Friday, March 11, 2005 - 04:27 pm:

Sunrise/sundown relevant? no.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
Posted on Friday, March 11, 2005 - 8:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were they trying to use the celery as a weapon?
Silas (Silas)
Posted on Friday, March 11, 2005 - 8:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Ixoye724 (Ixoye724) on Friday, March 11, 2005 - 08:09 pm:

Were they trying to use the celery as a weapon? in a way yes.
Fred Z (Dref)
Posted on Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 2:59 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the smell of celery relevant?
Silas (Silas)
Posted on Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 7:56 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Fred Z (Dref) on Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 02:59 am:

Is the smell of celery relevant? no.
Fred Z (Dref)
Posted on Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 6:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the celery to be disguised as garlic?

Is the fact that celery is often served with steak relevant?
Silas (Silas)
Posted on Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Fred Z (Dref) on Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 06:03 pm:

Was the celery to be disguised as garlic? no.

Is the fact that celery is often served with steak relevant? no. It being used as a stake is the key.
Fred Z (Dref)
Posted on Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 10:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the word "stalk" relevant?
Silas (Silas)
Posted on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 1:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Fred Z (Dref) on Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 10:15 pm:

Is the word "stalk" relevant?no the exact word but it was used so you would know that the shape was important.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
Posted on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 3:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tent stake?
Silas (Silas)
Posted on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 8:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Ixoye724 (Ixoye724) on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 03:05 pm:

Tent stake?
no.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 3:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Please recap if you don't mind, as there seem to be more and more things that are not consistent.

Thanks!
Silas (Silas)
Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 9:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No problem!Okay let's see what we have established so far.. They used the celery because it resembled a stake. In the puzzle it involves a two legged mammal it's not an animal but it's a person. Knowing what these individuals are going to use the celery for is important and why. Also what they are. When you heard stake you immediately thought vampire. You are not all wrong think about how the stake is used to kill vampires. This comes from a book that I was reading. Guess the book and it becomes very clear. It's from a British author
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 9:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh man - I'd be about as accurate guessing the book as I would the manufacturer's stock number of the front bumper bracket on your car. So since that's a dead end I'll try the back door...

The celery was going to be inserted into a person?
If so, into an existing oriface (mouth, nose, ear)? Or use the piece of celery to puncture the body?
Silas (Silas)
Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 11:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Ixoye724 (Ixoye724) on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 09:28 pm:

Oh man - I'd be about as accurate guessing the book as I would the manufacturer's stock number of the front bumper bracket on your car. So since that's a dead end I'll try the back door...

The celery was going to be inserted into a person? yes.
If so, into an existing oriface (mouth, nose, ear)? Or use the piece of celery to puncture the body?
the latter one it was attempted.