Archive through March 22, 2005 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - May 2005 » [Katy] Impulse » Archive through March 22, 2005 « Previous Next »

Katy (Katy)
Posted on Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 5:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I went there to get two. While I was there I realised I would need to get five.
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 6:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The size of them meant that two, simply wouldn't satisfy your appetite?
Rose (Tackybritish)
Posted on Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 7:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There meaning mall Maybe did you have a prosthetic hand and had to reatach fingers? Does the items have to do with an art project? Is this realistic or more fantasy?
Silas (Silas)
Posted on Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 7:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are the items alive?
Torgeir Apeland (Abc)
Posted on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 9:10 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Katy - married yet? If so - congratulations!

"There" = supermarket?
The two and the five - same type of thing?
Household items?
Food items?
Have your run this puzzle before?
Katy (Katy)
Posted on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 8:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Simon Downham (Beroean) on Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 06:38 pm:

The size of them meant that two, simply wouldn't satisfy your appetite? No, not this

By Rose (Tackybritish) on Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 07:36 pm:

There meaning mall Maybe did you have a prosthetic hand and had to reatach fingers? :) Not this but good thinking! Does the items have to do with an art project? No Is this realistic or more fantasy? It's very real and boring (when you know it) and happened to me yesterday

By Silas (Silas) on Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 07:37 pm:

Are the items alive? No

By Torgeir Apeland (Abc) on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 09:10 am:

Hi, Katy - married yet? If so - congratulations!
Yes, I am and thank you

"There" = supermarket? It was, yes
The two and the five - same type of thing? Yes
Household items? No
Food items? No
Have your run this puzzle before? No, am I getting repetitive in my old age?! :)
Fred Z (Dref)
Posted on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 1:58 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Coupons relevant? shopping bags?
Torgeir Apeland (Abc)
Posted on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 1:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would it be helpful to find out what kind of item they are?
Did you really need five all the time (say, from you left home to go to the supermarket)?
Are they consumeables that get used up little by little (Such as jars of jam)?
Things that are worn out, but with no definite 'empty' or 'used up' point in time (such as clothes)?
Will we be seeing a wedding-based puzzle from you anytime soon?
Or is this perhaps one?
Sam Greene (Pandora)
Posted on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 1:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Newspapers?
Did you go to the supermarket to specifically get these items? or as part of your normal shop?
Kapil Kapur (Dinkie)
Posted on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 3:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

were the items only avilable in packs of 5 ?
Chuck Raby (Wildcard)
Posted on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 10:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Congrats Katy. It becomes you.

Not food and not a household item...
Medicine? Garden supply? some type of pest control item? Flowers? Greeting card? Magazine?
Something found in most grocery stores?
Clothing item?
Office item? staple remover? pens? paper? tape? Cassette tape?
Bath item? soap?
other toiletry?
grooming item?
hair clip?
scrunchie? (sp?)
hairpins?
nail polish?
emery board?
Katy (Katy)
Posted on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 9:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Fred Z (Dref) on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 01:58 am:

Coupons relevant? shopping bags? No to these

By Torgeir Apeland (Abc) on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 01:28 pm:

Would it be helpful to find out what kind of item they are? Yes
Did you really need five all the time (say, from you left home to go to the supermarket)?
The answer to your question is no. If I use the example, the answer is yes. Good question, explore!
Are they consumeables that get used up little by little (Such as jars of jam)? No
Things that are worn out, but with no definite 'empty' or 'used up' point in time (such as clothes)? Not really, although there is a point at which they are 'useless'
Will we be seeing a wedding-based puzzle from you anytime soon? I'm still trying to think of one!
Or is this perhaps one? No, although my new husband is involved

By Sam Greene (Pandora) on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 01:51 pm:

Newspapers? No
Did you go to the supermarket to specifically get these items? This or as part of your normal shop?

By Kapil Kapur (Dinkie) on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 03:03 pm:

were the items only avilable in packs of 5 ? No

By Chuck Raby (Wildcard) on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 10:13 pm:

Congrats Katy. It becomes you. Thanks :)

Not food and not a household item...
Medicine? Garden supply? some type of pest control item? Flowers?
No to all of these
Greeting card? Magazine?
Getting a bit warmer but still way off
Something found in most grocery stores?
Answering for the UK only, probably about one third of grocery stores provide them (my estimate only, sorry if it's completely wrong!)
Clothing item? No
Office item? staple remover? pens? paper? tape? Cassette tape?
Bath item? soap?
other toiletry?
grooming item?
hair clip?
scrunchie? (sp?)
hairpins?
nail polish?
emery board?
No to all of these
Sam Greene (Pandora)
Posted on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Batteries?
An item of stationary?
Books?
Can they be used in the home but not necessarily A holdhold item?
Something for your car?
Lottery tickets?
Would this item be purchased in the aisles or the supermarket? at the kiosk which sells sweets and cigarettes etc?
Katy (Katy)
Posted on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 1:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Sam Greene (Pandora) on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 11:59 am:

Batteries?
An item of stationary?
Books? No to these
Can they be used in the home but not necessarily
'Used' is not the right word, but they are likely to be found in the home
A holdhold item?
Something for your car?
Lottery tickets? YES!!
Would this item be purchased in the aisles or the supermarket? at the kiosk which sells sweets and cigarettes etc?
Sam Greene (Pandora)
Posted on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 1:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you buying them for yourself?
Your husband? (congratulations by the way! :) )
Someone else?
Were they normal lottery tickets? scratchcards?
Katy (Katy)
Posted on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 1:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Sam Greene (Pandora) on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 01:29 pm:

Were you buying them for yourself?
Your husband? (congratulations by the way! )
This! (Thank you) although I hope I would have shared in his winnings :)
Someone else?
Were they normal lottery tickets? Yes, for the main lottery game scratchcards?
Sam Greene (Pandora)
Posted on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 2:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he ask you to buy them? relevant?
Did you see something in the supermarket which made you think you needed to get more than two? is there a specific reason why you decided on five rather than four or six? Was it a rollover!?
Katy (Katy)
Posted on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 3:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Sam Greene (Pandora) on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 02:06 pm:

Did he ask you to buy them? Yope relevant? Yes
Did you see something in the supermarket which made you think you needed to get more than two? Yes, but may be misleading is there a specific reason why you decided on five rather than four or six? Yes Was it a rollover!? Irrelevant (apart from to the person who won I would imagine
Sam Greene (Pandora)
Posted on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 3:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he suggest you bought them? did he mention he wanted to play the lottery that night? were they a present for him?
Are the selected numbers relevant?
Did you hear something in the supermarket which made you think you needed five?
Did you only have £5 on you at the time and couldn't get any more than five?
Katy (Katy)
Posted on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 3:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Sam Greene (Pandora) on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 03:12 pm:

Did he suggest you bought them? Yope did he mention he wanted to play the lottery that night? Yes were they a present for him? No
Are the selected numbers relevant? Not really
Did you hear something in the supermarket which made you think you needed five? No
Did you only have £5 on you at the time No, but definitely OTRT and couldn't get any more than five?
Sam Greene (Pandora)
Posted on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 3:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you think you ony had enough money for two tickets but found more money which enabled you to buy five? Did your husband know you were going to get tickets? Did you buy anything else while you were there? relevant?
Chuck Raby (Wildcard)
Posted on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 4:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the price of the tickets change?

Were you buying tickets with the winnings from other tickets?
Discover that you had won more than you thought?
Husband tell you to take the winnings from one (or more) ticket(s) and use it to buy more tickets?