Archive through June 18, 2005 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - October 2005 » {Eliot} You just did just what I thought you were gonna do. » Archive through June 18, 2005 « Previous Next »

Eliot (Eliot)
Posted on Tuesday, June 07, 2005 - 8:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By LEWIS ZEITERS (Lzeiters) on Monday, June 06, 2005 - 05:41 pm:

Hi!is his choice of clothing that day a direct/indirect cause of his death? Yesish, if he had chosen differently he might have lived.

By Dena Elbling (Ladyzinga) on Tuesday, June 07, 2005 - 01:23 pm:

ok, did he die on his way to the competition? possibly. at the venue before the competition started? before he left to go to the competition? maybe he was rehearsing to get the timing just right and that caused him to be late? (not too sure where im going with that one!) No to rest.

and thats all i got for now. Okie dokie.
LEWIS ZEITERS (Lzeiters)
Posted on Tuesday, June 07, 2005 - 8:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did the clothing he chose belong to him?
Lewis Zeiters (Lzeiters)
Posted on Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 5:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

something in the fabric of his clothing related to his death? (i.e. poison, allergic reaction)
Eliot (Eliot)
Posted on Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 10:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By LEWIS ZEITERS (Lzeiters) on Tuesday, June 07, 2005 - 08:38 pm:

did the clothing he chose belong to him? Yes.

By Lewis Zeiters (Lzeiters) on Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 05:55 pm:

something in the fabric of his clothing related to his death? (i.e. poison, allergic reaction) No.
Shawn Franchi (Doctapeppa)
Posted on Friday, June 10, 2005 - 9:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did his shirt have a bullseye on it?
Eliot (Eliot)
Posted on Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 12:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did his shirt have a bullseye on it? Nope.
Mosquito (Mosquito)
Posted on Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 1:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the actual clothing cause his death? Allow him to die? Or would it be more accurate to say that a different choice would somehow have prevented it?

Anything specific about breakdancing clothes? Bellbottoms? Boxers sticking out the top? Backwards baseball cap? High-top sneakers? Bling-bling? (OK, so I guess I am showing how uncool I am and how little I know about what breakdancers wear)

Does it matter exactly what kind of dancing OH was skilled in?
Eliot (Eliot)
Posted on Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 1:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Mosquito (Mosquito) on Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 01:08 pm:

Did the actual clothing cause his death? Noish.Allow him to die? Yesish. Or would it be more accurate to say that a different choice would somehow have prevented it? This is best.

Anything specific about breakdancing clothes? Bellbottoms? Boxers sticking out the top? Backwards baseball cap? High-top sneakers? This one. Bling-bling? (OK, so I guess I am showing how uncool I am and how little I know about what breakdancers wear) Sounds pretty accurate, although I would probably take the bling off before commencing. :)

Does it matter exactly what kind of dancing OH was skilled in? Yes, although it probably would work for several, there is one best one.
Mosquito (Mosquito)
Posted on Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 4:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did OH trip and brain himself on the edge of the kerb? And this wouldn't have happened had he had shoes with more ankle support? with good traction? (and was he hurrying to get to the stage in time for his slot?)

Did he step on a tack and die of tetanus? Because the soles of his ballet slippers were too thin to protect him?

Did OH's tap shoes make so much noise that his neighbour got exasperated and shot him?
Eliot (Eliot)
Posted on Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 5:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Mosquito (Mosquito) on Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 04:18 pm:

Did OH trip and brain himself on the edge of the kerb? No. And this wouldn't have happened had he had shoes with more ankle support? with good traction? (and was he hurrying to get to the stage in time for his slot?)

Did he step on a tack and die of tetanus? No.Because the soles of his ballet slippers were too thin to protect him? No...with an extremely slight ish...

Did OH's tap shoes make so much noise that his neighbour got exasperated and shot him? No, but you've got the right dance.
Mosquito (Mosquito)
Posted on Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 5:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are the soles the relevant part of the tap shoes?

Did OH step on a live wire, right on the plate on his tap shoe? And was therefore electrocuted?
Eliot (Eliot)
Posted on Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Mosquito (Mosquito) on Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 05:31 pm:

Are the soles the relevant part of the tap shoes? Yes.

Did OH step on a live wire, right on the plate on his tap shoe? And was therefore electrocuted? He didn't step on, but everything else is right. Good thinking.
Shawn Franchi (Doctapeppa)
Posted on Monday, June 13, 2005 - 3:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

it attacked him
Eliot (Eliot)
Posted on Monday, June 13, 2005 - 7:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Shawn Franchi (Doctapeppa) on Monday, June 13, 2005 - 03:08 am:

it attacked him
Nope.
Lisa (Dlcygnet)
Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 9:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did one of the stage hands trip and snap the wire, causing it to fall to his feet? Did he step on a metal part of the stage that the loose wire happened to be touching?
Eliot (Eliot)
Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 7:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Lisa (Dlcygnet) on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 09:01 am:

Did one of the stage hands trip and snap the wire, causing it to fall to his feet? Did he step on a metal part of the stage that the loose wire happened to be touching? No to all. Remember that he didn't die at the competition venue or during the competition.
Lisa (Dlcygnet)
Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 11:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he walk to/from the competition, cross some rails/tracks for an electric train/subway/El (whatever you city people call them), forgetting about the metal part of the shoes and get electrocuted?
Mezzoforte (Mezzoforte)
Posted on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 2:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By timed, does it mean that the duration of the dance performance was timed? (This was kind of asked I suppose).
Eliot (Eliot)
Posted on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Lisa (Dlcygnet) on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 11:47 pm:

Did he walk to/from the competition, cross some rails/tracks for an electric train/subway/El (whatever you city people call them)I call it the big metal thingy :), forgetting about the metal part of the shoes and get electrocuted? No.

By Mezzoforte (Mezzoforte) on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 02:45 pm:

By timed, does it mean that the duration of the dance performance was timed? Yes.this was kind of asked I suppose).
Mezzoforte (Mezzoforte)
Posted on Friday, June 17, 2005 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If everybody was being timed but him, would he have been saved?
Benjamin Moore (Zenith)
Posted on Saturday, June 18, 2005 - 2:39 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the timing relevent in that what killed him was a freak occurance within a very narrow timeframe, and had the dance not been timed he would have arrived at a different time and hence not have died?
Eliot (Eliot)
Posted on Saturday, June 18, 2005 - 11:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Mezzoforte (Mezzoforte) on Friday, June 17, 2005 - 06:46 pm:

If everybody was being timed but him, would he have been saved? Most likely.

By Benjamin Moore (Zenith) on Saturday, June 18, 2005 - 02:39 am:

Is the timing relevent in that what killed him was a freak occurance within a very narrow timeframe It was this,, and had the dance not been timed he would have arrived at a different time and hence not have died? but not this.