Lynne - Too much information? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - July 2005 » Lynne - Too much information? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through July 18, 2005Tony22 7-18-05  11:53 am
Archive through July 20, 2005John Faben22 7-20-05  4:20 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

John Faben (Bentarm)
Posted on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 5:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I
Oh, sorry, we'd already established that this would be 'seen but not heard'.... would the toilet door have to be open for someone to offend? Would the offender have to be visible to the person inside the toilet? Could the offender be anywhere outside the room with the toilet, or would they have to be in a specific place outside it?
Lynne (Lynne)
Posted on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 6:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By John Faben (Bentarm) on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 04:20 pm:

I
Would the offender make a noise? communicate with the person in the toilet in any way?
Is toilet paper involved? no to all
II
Would the tickler dislike being tickled because it distracted them from the activity they were involved in? yessish Because teh activity made them particularly sensitive to being tickled? YES

By John Faben (Bentarm) on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 05:40 pm:

I
Oh, sorry, we'd already established that this would be 'seen but not heard'.... that's OK would the toilet door have to be open for someone to offend? NO Would the offender have to be visible to the person inside the toilet? NO Could the offender be anywhere outside the room with the toilet, or would they have to be in a specific place outside it? the latter
Kapil Kapur (Dinkie)
Posted on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

does your toilet over look a garden or some part of the house ? is there a window in the room where the toilet is ?
Lynne (Lynne)
Posted on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 6:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Kapil Kapur (Dinkie) on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 06:46 pm:

does your toilet over look a garden or some part of the house ? is there a window in the room where the toilet is ? no to both
Lisa (Dlcygnet)
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 1:57 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I
Don't leave the toilet seat up?
Don't leave the toilet seat down?
Lynne (Lynne)
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 7:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Lisa (Dlcygnet) on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 01:57 am:

I
Don't leave the toilet seat up?
Don't leave the toilet seat down? no to both
Kapil Kapur (Dinkie)
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 9:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

with regards to RULE 2 is the activity :-

eating
driving
sleeping
talking
watching tv
playing sport

also are the two rules related in any way ?
John Faben (Bentarm)
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 12:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I
Would the person in the toilet be aware that the person outside had offended? Before they left the toilet? before they flushed the toilet?
Is plumbing relevant in any way? (eg. does your toilet behave oddly if the washing machine is turned on?)

II
Would the tickling be of a specific part of the body? under the arms? tummy? feet?
the activity - does it imbolise the ticklee in some way? (eg, carrying something heavy above the head, which would make being tickled under the arms v. unpleasant, I would think) Does it expose some part of the body that isn't normally exposed (eg, soles of the feet/under the arms)
Tony (E20)
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 1:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is there a light switch outside the toilet door? Which operates a light inside the toilet?

I'm intrigued by this activity which would make your dog sensitive to being tickled ... Does the activity of the ticklee require movement of any kind? Of the whole body? Of parts of the body? If so, then is does it involve legs? head? tail? trunk?
Lynne (Lynne)
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 3:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Kapil Kapur (Dinkie) on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 09:23 am:

with regards to RULE 2 is the activity :-

eating
driving
sleeping
talking
watching tv
playing sport none of these

also are the two rules related in any way ? only that they are both annoying!

By John Faben (Bentarm) on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 12:05 pm:

I
Would the person in the toilet be aware that the person outside had offended? yes Before they left the toilet? yes before they flushed the toilet? yes
Is plumbing relevant in any way? (eg. does your toilet behave oddly if the washing machine is turned on?) no

II
Would the tickling be of a specific part of the body? under the arms? Possibly tummy? possibly feet? very unlikely
the activity - does it imbolise the ticklee in some way? yessish (eg, carrying something heavy above the head, which would make being tickled under the arms v. unpleasant, I would think)but not that Does it expose some part of the body that isn't normally exposed (eg, soles of the feet/under the arms) under the arms is exposed but that isn't necessarily the place that would be tickled

By Tony (E20) on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 01:38 pm:

Is there a light switch outside the toilet door? yes Which operates a light inside the toilet? yes

I'm intrigued by this activity which would make your dog sensitive to being tickled ... Does the activity of the ticklee require movement of any kind? yes Of the whole body? yes Of parts of the body? If so, then is does it involve legs? head? tail? trunk?
Kapil Kapur (Dinkie)
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

so is rule 1 don't play with light switch whilst somebody is inside the toilet ??
Lynne (Lynne)
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 5:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Kapil Kapur (Dinkie) on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 04:52 pm:

so is rule 1 don't play with light switch whilst somebody is inside the toilet ?? YES!
Kapil Kapur (Dinkie)
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 8:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

tickle backs of the knees ? so if you were doing the washing up, then no tickling ???
Lynne (Lynne)
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 10:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Kapil Kapur (Dinkie) on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 08:23 pm:

tickle backs of the knees ? so if you were doing the washing up, then no tickling ??? no
Kapil Kapur (Dinkie)
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 11:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is the activity :-

answering the door
walking the dog
watching the telly
making food
Lynne (Lynne)
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 11:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Kapil Kapur (Dinkie) on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 11:06 pm:

is the activity :-

answering the door
walking the dog
watching the telly
making food none of these
Lisa (Dlcygnet)
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 5:59 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the second rule involve... no tickling/roughhousing around the dog because the dog thinks people are getting attacked and it riles up the dog? Does the dog start barking? Attacking? Herding? Running into walls out of fear?
Lynne (Lynne)
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 7:21 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Lisa (Dlcygnet) on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 05:59 am:

Does the second rule involve... no tickling/roughhousing around the dog because the dog thinks people are getting attacked and it riles up the dog? Does the dog start barking? Attacking? Herding? Running into walls out of fear? no, nothing like that
Tony (E20)
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 11:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So .... Rule 2 is: Don't tickle me when I'm involved in some activity which involves movement of the whole body, makes me more sensitive to tickling, exposes the area under my arms, could be done in a car and could be done by the dog?

Changing my shirt? Is clothing involved in any way?

Hugging someone? Displaying affection in some way?
Barbara Johannessen Bailey (Rabrab)
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 2:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Don't tickle anyone while they're stretching? while they're yawning and stretching?
Lynne (Lynne)
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 3:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Tony (E20) on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 11:12 am:

So .... Rule 2 is: Don't tickle me when I'm involved in some activity which involves movement of the whole body, makes me more sensitive to tickling, exposes the area under my arms, could be done in a car and could be done by the dog?

Changing my shirt? Is clothing involved in any way?

Hugging someone? Displaying affection in some way? no to all

By Barbara Johannessen Bailey (Rabrab) on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 02:35 pm:

Don't tickle anyone while they're stretching? while they're yawning and stretching? YES!

******** SPOILER **********

Just two rules - Don't switch the light off when someone's in the toilet and don't spoil a good stretch. Even a dog's entitled to an undisturbed stretch.

Thank you one and all - good teamwork!
Barbara Johannessen Bailey (Rabrab)
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 4:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kudos to Tony from me. That lovely succinct list of what we knew about rule two was what did it.
Tony (E20)
Posted on Saturday, July 23, 2005 - 12:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the acknowledgement, Barbara, but it was, as Lynne said, teamwork that did it. The list was built from answers to other people's questions ... and I just couldn't see what that dog could have been doing till you spotted it!!
Lynne (Lynne)
Posted on Saturday, July 23, 2005 - 12:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just for the record - it was the dog spoiling one of MY stretches that reminded me that he needed a reminder of the house rules. He's not too bad at leaving the light switch alone, but he chewed up the last list of rules. :O

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: