Archive through June 20, 2005 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - August 2005 » [Nimue] Fat/Cat » Archive through June 20, 2005 « Previous Next »

Lewis Zeiters (Lzeiters)
Posted on Friday, June 10, 2005 - 5:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is her weight gain a condition of her keeping the cat? i.e. is she anorexic, and the individual who gave her the cat did so on the condition that she would keep gaining weight, which as an anorexic, she would not be thrilled about doing????

(i know this is a loooooong shot... just thought i'd keep thing interesting...)
Felicia Nimue Ackerman (Nimue)
Posted on Monday, June 13, 2005 - 9:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

y Tim A. Dowd (Bodo) on Friday, June 10, 2005 - 04:41 pm:

Relevant where kitty likes to sleep? yes What kitty likes to sleep on? no

By Drew Sollenberger (Sollen) on Friday, June 10, 2005 - 04:54 pm:

so someone who dislikes cats would get fat but someone who likes cats wouldn't? no, I didn't say that. I just said not only someone who likes cats would gain weight but not just anyone who had to take care of a cat meaning
vrinda dosen't like cats no
Posted on Monday, June 13, 2005 - 9:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Lewis Zeiters (Lzeiters) on Friday, June 10, 2005 - 05:22 pm:

Is her weight gain a condition of her keeping the cat? no i.e. is she anorexic, and the individual who
gave her the cat did so on the condition that she would keep gaining weight, which as an anorexic,
she would not be thrilled about doing????

(i know this is a loooooong shot... just thought i'd keep thing interesting...)
Brian Pamandanan (Sciguy47)
Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 9:24 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she used to own another pet?
Drew Sollenberger (Sollen)
Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 7:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

does the cat sleep in the way of something? keep the individual who owns the cat from using something or going somewhere because they don't want to wake/move the cat?
Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 9:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

y Brian Pamandanan (Sciguy47) on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 09:24 am:

Did she used to own another pet? irrel

By Drew Sollenberger (Sollen) on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 07:51 pm:

does the cat sleep in the way of something? yes keep the individual who owns the cat from using
something no or going somewhere yes because they don't want to wake/move the cat?
Einar Berg (Grainbeer)
Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 10:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The cat slept in front of the door, and Vrinda hadnt conscience to open the door and wake the cat? It can´t be as simple as that, can it?
Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 11:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Einar Berg (Grainbeer) on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 10:42 pm:

The cat slept in front of the door, and Vrinda hadnt conscience to open the door and wake
the cat? no It can´t be as simple as that, can it? NO!!!!:O:O:O:O
Lewis Zeiters (Lzeiters)
Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 11:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she modify her actions intentionally for the sake of the cat? i.e. the pizza delivery boy always brought an extra goody for the cat when he delivered the pizza.. (I know, it's a longshot...)
Barbara Johannessen Bailey (Rabrab)
Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 11:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the cat sleep on Vrinda's exercise equipment? oh, wait, you said no to using something. Nevermind on her running shoes? Does the cat have separation anxiety, so Vrinda doesn't dare leave it to go to the gym?
Drew Sollenberger (Sollen)
Posted on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 4:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

does the cat sleep infront of an appliance that is used for making food? and so she always eats easier made food? or just cook pizza
Posted on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Lewis Zeiters (Lzeiters) on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 11:36 pm:

Did she modify her actions intentionally for the sake of the cat? yes i.e. the pizza delivery boy
always brought an extra goody for the cat when he delivered the pizza.. (I know, it's a
longshot...) That's not it

By Barbara Johannessen Bailey (Rabrab) on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 11:41 pm:

Does the cat sleep on Vrinda's exercise equipment? no oh, wait, you said no to using something.
Nevermind on her running shoes? no Does the cat have separation anxiety, so Vrinda doesn't
dare leave it to go to the gym? no

By Drew Sollenberger (Sollen) on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 04:11 am:

does the cat sleep infront of an appliance that is used for making food? no and so she always
eats easier made food? no or just cook pizza no
Lisa (Dlcygnet)
Posted on Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 8:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the cat sleep on the SCALE?
I.e. Vrinda can't weight herself, because she doesn't want to desturb the cat (who sleeps 18 hours of the day - probably during the time when Vrinda normally weighed herself), thus she loses track of how much she weighs? Easy to do when you're not paying attention... (speaking from experience).
Posted on Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 9:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Lisa (Dlcygnet) on Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 08:47 am:

Does the cat sleep on the SCALE? no
I.e. Vrinda can't weight herself, because she doesn't want to desturb the cat (who sleeps 18
hours of the day - probably during the time when Vrinda normally weighed herself), thus she
loses track of how much she weighs? no but ORT (on right track) Easy to do when you're not paying attention...
(speaking from experience).
John Faben (Bentarm)
Posted on Friday, June 17, 2005 - 4:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the cat sleep in the kitchen?
Did the cat prevent Vrinda having access to some less fattening alternative food?
Benjamin Moore (Zenith)
Posted on Saturday, June 18, 2005 - 2:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the cat sleep on the stove top? And Vrinda does not have a microwave oven, but DOES have an electric deep fryer...
Posted on Saturday, June 18, 2005 - 9:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By John Faben (Bentarm) on Friday, June 17, 2005 - 04:58 pm:

Did the cat sleep in the kitchen?unlikely but possible
Did the cat prevent Vrinda having access to some less fattening alternative food? no

By Benjamin Moore (Zenith) on Saturday, June 18, 2005 - 02:29 am:

Does the cat sleep on the stove top? no And Vrinda does not have a microwave oven, but DOES
have an electric deep fryer... no
Lisa (Dlcygnet)
Posted on Saturday, June 18, 2005 - 10:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does Vrinda have a home of her own? or an apartment? Does this apartment have stairs? and elevators? Does the home have a basement? Or an upstairs area that isn't used much?

Where am I going with this... ok, does the cat sleep in such a way that she can't easily get to a part of the... living complex... thus she hasn't been using the stairs nearly as much? And those frequent trips up and down stairs were what kept her in shape/allowed her to eat the way she does without it affecting her?

Side train: Cats/pets reduce stress, thus possibly reducing metabolism... did her metabolism suddenly drop from the lack of stress and she never changed her diet/exercise regimine to compensate?
Posted on Saturday, June 18, 2005 - 11:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Lisa (Dlcygnet) on Saturday, June 18, 2005 - 10:34 pm:

Does Vrinda have a home of her own? irrel or an apartment? ditto Does this apartment have stairs? ditto
and elevators? ditto Does the home have a basement? ditto Or an upstairs area that isn't used much? ditto

Where am I going with this... ok, does the cat sleep in such a way that she can't easily get to
a part of the... living complex... thus she hasn't been using the stairs nearly as much? no And
those frequent trips up and down stairs were what kept her in shape/allowed her to eat the
way she does without it affecting her? no

Side train: Cats/pets reduce stress, thus possibly reducing metabolism... did her metabolism
suddenly drop from the lack of stress and she never changed her diet/exercise regimine to
compensate? no
Lisa (Dlcygnet)
Posted on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 1:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the cat sleep... on her bed? on her lap? So, rather than getting up when her alarm tells her to (so she can go to exercise class or something), she sleeps in, rather than wake up both? Or just doesn't get up off the couch? A lot of things just don't seem important anymore when a cat is on your lap. Thus, after months of missing out on her... class? exercise? Home-made dinner?... and eating take-out, she gained some weight because she wasn't paying attention to how much pampering the cat like that was affecting her?
Shawn Franchi (Doctapeppa)
Posted on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 1:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The cat sleeps in the place where she wants to go?
Posted on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 8:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Lisa (Dlcygnet) on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 01:40 am:

Does the cat sleep... on her bed? no on her lap? no So, rather than getting up when her alarm tells
her to (so she can go to exercise class or something), she sleeps in, rather than wake up
both? Or just doesn't get up off the couch? no A lot of things just don't seem important anymore
when a cat is on your lap. You bet!! What could be as important as a cat (except Malory & chocolate)? Thus, after months of missing out on her... class? no exercise? no
Home-made dinner? no... and eating take-out, she gained some weight because she wasn't
paying attention to how much pampering the cat like that was affecting her? no

By Shawn Franchi (Doctapeppa) on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 01:51 am:

The cat sleeps in the place where she wants to go? no