Archive through October 27, 2005 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - October 2005 » [Haenlomal] Prism (Lateral Maze) » Archive through October 27, 2005 « Previous Next »

Jennifer (Tigger32382)
Posted on Tuesday, October 25, 2005 - 10:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

yellow to the east please
John Morahan (Wunderland)
Posted on Tuesday, October 25, 2005 - 11:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

After that, if there is another yellow portal in the room where you end up (other than the one you just came through), please try your shoe on that portal.
Ian (Image)
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 2:39 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If at any point one of your shoes is stopped by a force field, please throw your other shoe at it, and see if the result changes...

What colour is your clothing, Bob?
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 2:56 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bob, I'm glad the shoe trick worked. That occured to me as soon as I read about the force fields.

When you run out of suggestions, try pushing on a wall that does not have any force fields on it - maybe a hidden door?
Haenlomal (Haenlomal)
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 3:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First off: BLOOPER ALERT!

In Bob's current room, there is a blue force field to the north, red force field to the west, yellow force, and NOTHING to the south. My previous post may have created some confusion. Sorry about that.

Now, onto the story. :)

OK...heading through the yellow force field to the east...

... and here's something new! Only two force fields in this room: a yellow one behind me to the west, and a red force field to the north. The other two walls are empty, and pushing on the two empty walls *umph* does not seem to do anything....sorry!
Jennifer (Tigger32382)
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

okay, well throw the shoe back at the yellow one, but i'm guessing it will shock. if so, then go north through the red one (testing it first)
Haenlomal (Haenlomal)
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 3:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmm...somehow my blooper alert didn't get complete...when I stated "yellow force" in the blooper above, of course I meant "yellow force field to the east". Just gotta love those blooper alerts that contain bloopers themselves.
Haenlomal (Haenlomal)
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 3:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok...throwing shoe at the yellow force field -- and yep, you're right, Jennifer! Big shock! Glad I'm not touching that!

Do you guys think you know when those nasty force fields shock me by now? 'Cause I'm still clueless.

Anyway, the red force fields seem fine, as I shoe sails through it no problem, so off I go...

...and I think this is a new room. Yellow force field to the north, blue force field to the west, and a red force field to the south.

And I just notice that I didn't answer your question, Ian! Sorry about that. :( Anyway, I'm wearing a pair of sport shoes, mostly white, a pair of faded blue jeans, a white shirt, a floral patterned underwear, and--oops! Umm...just forget I mentioned that last part, ok?
Jennifer (Tigger32382)
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 3:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

okay, please throw your shoe to the yellow field to the north (and follow it through).
i've noticed that you always get shocked if you try to go back the way you came. i haven't been able to test yet if you can go through a door a bit later on.
Haenlomal (Haenlomal)
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 3:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmmm...interesting hypothesis, Jennifer! At least let's try it in this room, and throw the shoe back at the red force field first....and yep, your idea seems to hold here! Big zap to the shoe! Maybe I do have a chance to get out of here after all! Anyway, the yellow force field does seem to check out, so I'm heading through it....

....and this is interesting. TWO yellow force fields in this room: one in front of me to the north, and the other one behind me to the south. There's also a red force field to the west. Nothing to the east, though.

John, I'm trying your idea of throwing my shoe at the yellow force fields...hmmm, that's strange...my shoe get zapped by both yellow force fields. Oh boy...I really hope that the red force field doesn't zap me, or else I'm trapped here!
Jennifer (Tigger32382)
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

well, let's try it, shall we. try the red. maybe the idea is that you can't take the same color twice in a row, which would explain why you can't go back through doors. i don't think you'll see anything to the south in the next room to the west...
Haenlomal (Haenlomal)
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, the red force field does pass the shoe test (whew!), so I'm going through it....

....and you're right! There isn't anything to the south! But there's nothing to the west either. There's the red force field behind me to the east, and a blue force field to the north. Hmmm...relatively empty room. What do you make of that?
Jennifer (Tigger32382)
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 4:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i make that since the red will probably zap us (wanna test that?) we should probably test blue and go through there.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Look up, tell us what you see...
Haenlomal (Haenlomal)
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 10:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, the red force field does indeed fail the zap test, and the blue force field reacted much nicer, so the blue force field it is!

Ok...new room here. There is the blue force field behind me to the south, a yellow force field on my left to the west, and a red force field straight ahead of me to the north. There is nothing on the east wall.

And Ixoye, there's nothing special I've noted on the ceilings of any room I've ran into in this maze. I'll let you know if I spot anything unusual.
Jennifer (Tigger32382)
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 10:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Let's test the limits of this maze by going north through the red
Haenlomal (Haenlomal)
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 10:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok...stepping through the red force field leads me to a new room! Blank wall to the north in front of me, a yellow force field to the west, a blue force field to the east...and of course, a red force field to the south behind me. I wonder if this is the limit that you were looking for?
Jennifer (Tigger32382)
Posted on Thursday, October 27, 2005 - 12:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It might be. We'll have to explore a little more though... why don't we go through the yellow field to the west.
Haenlomal (Haenlomal)
Posted on Thursday, October 27, 2005 - 3:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok, going through the yellow force field...

...and here we are! Let's see now...yellow force field behind me to the east. Blue force field to the south. A red force field dead ahead of me to the west, and -- what's this? A GREEN force field to the north! Now that's something new! Maybe we are getting somewhere!!
Jennifer (Tigger32382)
Posted on Thursday, October 27, 2005 - 3:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

that is new... we should check it out (shoe testing first of course) please go through the green force field
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
Posted on Thursday, October 27, 2005 - 4:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To other puzzlers - it occurred to me that this maze may be related to how a prism works (light enters, then becomes separated into the color spectrum of green, yellow, red, blue). Now I don't know how this fits with what our pal Bob is finding in these rooms, but maybe at some point the colors will converge at the exit of the maze?
Lisa (Dlcygnet)
Posted on Thursday, October 27, 2005 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Color spectrum... red, orange, yellow, green blue, violet... We have only seen 4 of those colors. I don't know if it relates. The one color that should have little trouble going through the prism is red. But we can't touch that field. In theory, the red would lead us straight to the edge. Next after that, orange, then yellow, etc. When we get closer to the outside, we'd see more blue and purple because they get stuck towards the edge. Because there's more diffraction happening as a result of smaller wavelengths. But we've already seen blue. I'm still confused as to whether we're trying to get to the edge of the maze or the center. Perhaps walking through blue then yellow mixed to make green? Would mixing all together make pure light and get us out? But that requires going through red at some point, and we can't... can we?