Archive through October 21, 2005 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - October 2005 » (E20) Johnny's in the basement » Archive through October 21, 2005 « Previous Next »

Vae (Vaetrus)
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 2:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were they a minority?
A special group of people?
People of a certian class? age group? race? ethnicity?
Tony (E20)
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 2:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were they a minority? Hmmm ... No
A special group of people? They would certainly see themselves as this
People of a certian class / age group / race / ethnicity? Not necessarily, but I expect they are all from similar backgrounds in each of these respects ... there's one similar question that might help a lot ...
Jennifer (Tigger32382)
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 2:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was the H.o.P in session? (Other than the fact that it was lunchtime) Was a tour group involved? (Do they give tours of the hop?)
Tony (E20)
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 3:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the H.o.P in session? I'm not sure .. but it's not relevant
Was a tour group involved? No

(Do they give tours of the hop? I know they used to, but what with security considerations etc, I'm not sure whether they do or not anymore. Anyway, it's not relevant to this particular event)
Vae (Vaetrus)
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 5:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

(Do they give tours of the hop? I know they used to, but what with security considerations etc, I'm not sure whether they do or not anymore. Anyway, it's not relevant to this particular event)They should. They still do in Canada.

Similiar question....I'm drawing blanks
Do these people share a specific quality?
Do these people have a history together?
Do they do this regularly?

Were they reporters???
Tony (E20)
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 5:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do these people share a specific quality? yes
Do these people have a history together? They will have met each other on previous occasions
Do they do this regularly? It's the first time I've heard of this particular event, but there may have been similar occasions in the past

Were they reporters??? no
Jennifer (Tigger32382)
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 8:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

are they all the same gender?
Tony (E20)
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 8:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

are they all the same gender? That's the question we were waiting for ... YES for the majority of them (ie the ones that weren't politicians)
Jennifer (Tigger32382)
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 9:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they all female? are they the politicians wives?
Tony (E20)
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 9:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they all female? yes
are they the politicians wives? YES
Mosquito (Mosquito)
Posted on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 1:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did this have anything to do with Breast Cancer Month?
Vae (Vaetrus)
Posted on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 1:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A luncheon? A social meet-and-greet?
Tony (E20)
Posted on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did this have anything to do with Breast Cancer Month? No, not this ...

A luncheon? A social meet-and-greet? ... nor these
Jennifer (Tigger32382)
Posted on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 4:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

are they being politically active by being there? trying to convince their husbands of something?
Tony (E20)
Posted on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 5:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

are they being politically active by being there? Yes-ish
trying to convince their husbands of something? not while they were there ... but they might have done afterwards
Jennifer (Tigger32382)
Posted on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 8:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

are they trying to get a new law passed? show support for a particular person? protest something? learn about some issue?
Vae (Vaetrus)
Posted on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 9:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Attend an event?
Participate in a discussion?
Promote/learn something?
Tony (E20)
Posted on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 10:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

are they trying to get a new law passed? no
show support for a particular person? possibly
protest something? no
learn about some issue? This is the closest so far ...

Attend an event? yes
Participate in a discussion? there may have been some discussion, but they would have been more passive than this, on the whole ...
Promote something? no
learn something? This is close ...
Vae (Vaetrus)
Posted on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 11:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Showcase?
Silent wall?
Read something?
Understand something?
Listen?
Tony (E20)
Posted on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 1:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Showcase? I'm not sure what you mean by this ... If you mean "Were the wives on show?" then the answer is "No"
Silent wall? Sorry .. I don't know what this means either ...
Read something? There might have been some material that they read, but this was not their primary purpose in being there ...
Understand something? Possibly ...
Listen? Yes ...they were certainly listening
Vae (Vaetrus)
Posted on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 2:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were they at a lecture?
Were they at a showcase, where something(s) were being shown off?
Did they make a silent wall, as in a silent protest, or immoble human line?
Were they at a conference?

Did they get to move around alot? move around somewhat?
Tony (E20)
Posted on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 2:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were they at a lecture? no - it wasn't described as this
Were they at a showcase, where something(s) were being shown off? Yes. This is very close - providing our definition of "things" is not restricted to inanimate objects ...
Did they make a silent wall, as in a silent protest, or immoble human line? No
Were they at a conference? no

Did they get to move around alot? move around somewhat? I don't think so ... I expect they moved to get there, stayed a while, and then moved away again ...