[Vae] Trick? Or Treat? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - November 2005 » [Vae] Trick? Or Treat? « Previous Next »

Vae (Vaetrus)
Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 2:48 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Another one in lieu of Old Hallo's Eve...

Too bad I can't eat half the stuff I get, going door to door.
Ian (Image)
Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 3:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you 'trick or treating?'
Are you canvasing for UNICEF? And you can't eat money?
Is the stuff you can't eat food? Would other people in your situation be able to eat it? Potatoe chips? Candy? Chocolate? Popcorn? Pumpkin seeds? Candy apples? Other?

Is it because you live in a neighbourhood with a lot of nasty dentists who give out nasty things like toothbrushes and apples? (Shudder... we have some of those near my house...)
Moderator Feenwelt (Dietmar)
Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 4:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry, Vae. For exceeding the maximum limit of simultaneous puzzles (3) I close this lateral until one of your others is spoiled. Please stick to the user guide.
Moderator Feenwelt (Dietmar)
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 10:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

... and released...
Lisa (Dlcygnet)
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 10:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Any alergies relevant?
Is half the stuff you get not wrapped/sealed properly? And your parents are paranoid?
Are you trick or treating FOR somebody else? Like a very shy sibling? Somebody who is in the hospital?
Vae (Vaetrus)
Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 2:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ian (Image)

Are you 'trick or treating?' Yes... and more
Are you canvasing for UNICEF? And you can't eat money? No, haven't done that for years
Is the stuff you can't eat food? <-ThisWould other people in your situation be able to eat it? Potatoe chips? Candy? Chocolate? Popcorn? Pumpkin seeds? Candy apples? Other? People with me can't, everyone else can

Is it because you live in a neighbourhood with a lot of nasty dentists who give out nasty things like toothbrushes and apples? (Shudder... we have some of those near my house...) No, because I'm going house to house about 5km away from home, and no

Lisa (Dlcygnet)

Any alergies relevant? No
Is half the stuff you get not wrapped/sealed properly? And your parents are paranoid? Neither
Are you trick or treating FOR somebody else? Like a very shy sibling? Somebody who is in the hospital? Yes, but not those people
Vesica (Vesica)
Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 4:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you related to the person you are trick or treating for?
Is it only one person?
Vae (Vaetrus)
Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 8:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Vesica (Vesica)

Are you related to the person you are trick or treating for?
Is it only one person? I believe they're multiple persons, but I've never met any of them.
Ian (Image)
Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 9:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You're collecting candy for people you've never met? Is it food? Are you part of some charitable food trive to help starving children in, say, Africa?
Vae (Vaetrus)
Posted on Thursday, November 03, 2005 - 2:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ian (Image)

You're collecting candy for people you've never met? I might have met them, but don't know who exactly it's going to
Is it food? Yes
Are you part of some charitable food trive (drive? tribe, Because v is closer to b, then t is to d :P?) to help starving children in, say, Africa? No-ish
Lewis Zeiters (Lzeiters)
Posted on Thursday, November 03, 2005 - 6:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kosher foods relevant?
Ian (Image)
Posted on Thursday, November 03, 2005 - 9:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

/i{Ugh... that was supposed to be food drive.... Never underestimate my power to misspell wprcs...}

So, is this candy, or more nutritionall-ish food like stuff? Are you giving it away? Selling it? To starving people? Poor people? Rich people? Other people? Like the food bank?

Relevant who gets the food?

Are you just giving it away to be nice? To get money? For some other tangible benefit? For some intangible benefit?
Vae (Vaetrus)
Posted on Friday, November 04, 2005 - 12:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lewis Zeiters (Lzeiters)

Kosher foods relevant?

Ian (Image)

So, is this candy, or more nutritionall-ish food like stuff? Are you giving it away? Selling it? To starving people? Poor people? Rich people? Other people? Like the food bank? YES!

Relevant who gets the food?

Are you just giving it away to be nice? To get money? For some other tangible benefit? For some intangible benefit?

I think, that calls for a SPOILER!

*******SPOILER*******

I had to go trick or treating for the food bank, which we called Trick or Eat. And so as I went trick or treating, I picked up bags of food left out to bring back to the food bank to give to people who needed it.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: