Archive through November 16, 2005 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - December 2005 » [tigger32382] Mission! » Archive through November 16, 2005 « Previous Next »

Lewis Zeiters (Lzeiters)
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 4:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is there a hat rack or something in the room where you could hang it? (*thinking the "secret passageway" trick*)
Jennifer (Tigger32382)
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 4:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is there a hat rack or something in the room where you could hang it? (*thinking the "secret passageway" trick*) Hmm... I don't see any racks. Is there anything else I could do with it?
Barbara Johannessen Bailey (Rabrab)
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 4:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Step carefully from tile to tile in the area where you heards the grinding noise. You're trying to determine if it's coming from one particular tile or from a number of them, either in a block or in a pattern...

Or you could put the sombero on the floor and do the Mexican Hat Dance around it
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yeah, I'd try what Barb suggested. If that does not make any difference, then move to the part of the room where the grinding is the most easily heard. At that point, drop to the floor and put one ear against the floor - does it seem that the grinding is coming from underneath the floor?
Jennifer (Tigger32382)
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 4:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Step carefully from tile to tile in the area where you heards the grinding noise. You're trying to determine if it's coming from one particular tile or from a number of them, either in a block or in a pattern... It seems to be coming right from the center of the room

Or you could put the sombero on the floor and do the Mexican Hat Dance around it Is there a particular spot on the floor you want me to put the hat?

By Ixoye724 (Ixoye724) on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 04:24 pm:

Yeah, I'd try what Barb suggested. If that does not make any difference, then move to the part of the room where the grinding is the most easily heard. At that point, drop to the floor and put one ear against the floor - does it seem that the grinding is coming from underneath the floor? It does... I wonder what that could mean
Barbara Johannessen Bailey (Rabrab)
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 5:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, if the grinding noise is coming from a spot that the hat could cover, put the hat directly over it. If it's a larger area, put the hat in the center of it, so that the dance covers the area that the sound is coming from. Did that make sense?
Jennifer (Tigger32382)
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 7:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, if the grinding noise is coming from a spot that the hat could cover, put the hat directly over it. If it's a larger area, put the hat in the center of it, so that the dance covers the area that the sound is coming from. Did that make sense? Yes, it does. I put the hat down in the very center of the room, since that is where I hear the most noise. I start to do the Mexican Hat dance around the sombrero, and .... WHOA! The floor is opening up. There must have been a secret trap door that could only be opened by doing the Mexican hat dance! They didn't train me for this in Super Spy School! Fortunately, I have you guys helping me out.
I go down the stairs and find myself in a big room. There is a piece of paper on the floor, a frame on the wall, and some funny buttons, also on the wall. I see a door on the far side, but there is no handle on the door and I can't see any way to open it. The room is fairly dark.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 7:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cool - be quiet for a second and listen...hear anything?
Pick up that piece of paper on the floor? Anything written, printed, drawn or otherwise put on it?
Jennifer (Tigger32382)
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 7:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cool - be quiet for a second and listen...hear anything? This is so hard for me! Always having to be quiet... okay, exerting great effort and... I hear nothing.
Pick up that piece of paper on the floor? Done Anything written, printed, drawn or otherwise put on it? No, it is a blank white piece of paper - 8x10
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 7:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Very good - walk over to the frame and look at it. Is it a picture frame? Is there anything in the frame (like a portrait or painting, etc)?
Does the piece of paper appear to be of a size that could be inserted/fit into the frame?

Look at the buttons as well. Are these buttons in the sense that they could be pushed/depressed?
How many buttons do you see? Are they different colors? Different sizes? Are they marked in any way?
Jennifer (Tigger32382)
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 7:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Very good - walk over to the frame and look at it. Is it a picture frame? Looks like it, an 8x10 Is there anything in the frame (like a portrait or painting, etc) It just has a black background ?
Does the piece of paper appear to be of a size that could be inserted/fit into the frame? It looks like maybe it could.

Look at the buttons as well. Are these buttons in the sense that they could be pushed/depressed? They could be pressed, yes... do you want me to?
How many buttons do you see? Four Are they different colors? Yes, one is red, one is green, one is blue, and one is white with a black, irregular shape on it. Different sizes? They are all the same size Are they marked in any way? No, other than being different colors
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 8:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can the frame be removed from the wall? If so, take it off the wall. Anything written on the back side of the frame?

Take a deep breath and push the red button.
Jennifer (Tigger32382)
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can the frame be removed from the wall? If so, take it off the wall. Anything written on the back side of the frame? I took the frame down, but nothing is written on the back side of the frame

Take a deep breath and push the red button. Okay... geesh I hope I'm not causing a panic or anything! Pushing... Hmm, nothing much is happening. I can see a red light coming out of the wall on the opposite side of the room as the frames, but I can't hear anything, and nothing seems to be changing. When I release the button, the light goes away.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 8:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How many more frames are still on the wall?

Can you be more descriptive about the red light coming out of the wall - does it appear to be coming out through a hole in the wall? Is there a light bulb on the wall emitting the light? If necessary, hold that red button down again until you get a bearing on where the light is coming from, then walk over to the light source and report on what you find.
Jennifer (Tigger32382)
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 8:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How many more frames are still on the wall? None. There was only the one frame.

Can you be more descriptive about the red light coming out of the wall - does it appear to be coming out through a hole in the wall? (Presses red button) It does... now that I look closely, I can see a small slit in the wall. Is there a light bulb on the wall emitting the light? I can't really see through the slit from here to tell what is emitting the light. If necessary, hold that red button down again until you get a bearing on where the light is coming from, then walk over to the light source and report on what you find. Okay, after holding the red button down again, I can see where the slit is, but as soon as I let the button go, the slit closes up, so walking over there does no good.
John Morahan (Wunderland)
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 8:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Describe the shape on the black and white button.
Put the paper in the frame.
Put the frame back on the wall.
Press the black and white button.
Press the three coloured buttons at once.
Press all four buttons at once.
Jennifer (Tigger32382)
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 8:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Describe the shape on the black and white button. It is kind of a squiggle, almost in the shape of an s
Put the paper in the frame. Done
Put the frame back on the wall. Done
Press the black and white button. Done... Wow! The frame is now backlit. There must have been a light source behind the frame. Some letters are silhouetted on the paper. They read "TTITWI"
Press the three coloured buttons at once. I am doing this... all I can see is a garbled mess on the paper - but at least now I know where the light is hitting.
Press all four buttons at once. This looks even messier than when I just hit three buttons!
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 8:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok, let's push the green button and hope for the best.
Jennifer (Tigger32382)
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 8:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok, let's push the green button and hope for the best. Okay... pushing... the slit opens again, and a green light comes out of it... as it comes into focus on the framed paper, I see the letters "IITGDT" Wonder what that could mean?
John Morahan (Wunderland)
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 8:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Press the red button on its own again. Then press the blue button on its own.
Jennifer (Tigger32382)
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 9:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Press the red button on its own again. Then press the blue button on its own. Okay... when I press the red button, I get "LFYNOIT" and the blue button gives me "SFHSOH" I am so confused! Please help me!"
Lewis Zeiters (Lzeiters)
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 10:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

press green, red, blue, black in that order and see what happens...