Archive through November 28, 2005 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - December 2005 » [Beroean] Everyone is Beautiful » Archive through November 28, 2005 « Previous Next »

Barbara Johannessen Bailey (Rabrab)
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 12:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bananas relevant? desserts?
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 12:06 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

y Lynne (Lynne) on Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 11:56 pm:

Is BGE something to do with greater or equal? No

By John Morahan (Wunderland) on Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 11:57 pm:

Anything to do with the Theory Of Everything (TOE)? No
Do any of the letters represent terms from physics? chemistry? physiology? psychology? Not precisely and not classically but I guess it combines a number of those things, probably all of them
Does b represent the BGE?
Does B stand for Beautiful?
Does E stand for Everything?
No to all of those

By John Morahan (Wunderland) on Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 11:58 pm:

Oops, misread the title No you didn't I just changed the title :)

Does E stand for Everyone? no

By Lynne (Lynne) on Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 11:59 pm:

but the pedant would say that the line should be everything not everyone sure - maybe you are onto something and I did just change the title from "everything" to "everyone". (By the way , on of the lines of the song is "eveyone" or "everybody")

Have you deliberately said Everyone rather than Everything? As above :)
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 12:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Lynne (Lynne) on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 12:01 am:

What about BridGEt the Midget? I think you're groping at straws Lynne ;-)

By Barbara Johannessen Bailey (Rabrab) on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 12:04 am:

Bananas relevant? desserts? not on this occasion
Lynne (Lynne)
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 12:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That's one of my favourite songs on my iPod!! And she's beautiful :)
Lynne (Lynne)
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 12:10 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, does the equation have a direct relevance to a person? To people?
If so, anyone particular? Any particular group of people?
Vae (Vaetrus)
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 12:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does it relate physical stuff and mental stuff?
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 12:19 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That's one of my favourite songs on my iPod!! And she's beautiful :)
Okay I have an iRiver IFP 999 which is also beautiful

By Lynne (Lynne) on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 12:10 am:

OK, does the equation have a direct relevance to a person? yope
To people? Yes
If so, anyone particular? No
Any particular group of people? All people

By Vae (Vaetrus) on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 12:13 am:

Does it relate physical stuff and mental stuff? Yes
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 12:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Folks I have to go to bed now but thanks for your interest - see you tomorrow
Lynne (Lynne)
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 12:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does it refer to the world's population as a whole?
Vae (Vaetrus)
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 12:22 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do professionals use this equation?
If so, do they work in mental wards? pharmicutical research? medicine? pyschiatric places? hospitals? others?
Lynne (Lynne)
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 12:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anything to do with the world's birthrate?
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 12:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Okay, before I go

Does it refer to the world's population as a whole?No

By Vae (Vaetrus) on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 12:22 am:

Do professionals use this equation? Sort of, although I not sure it has any great practical value

If so, do they work in mental wards? pharmicutical research? medicine? pyschiatric places? hospitals? others? It's more of academic interest - it's in the hands of researchers
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 12:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anything to do with the world's birthrate? Well nobody has actually said anything but when you stop to think about it it probably does. But that could be very misleading.
Lynne (Lynne)
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 12:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it to do with all people, but on an individual basis?
Anything to do with the Human Genome Project?
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 9:15 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it to do with all people, but on an individual basis? Yes
Anything to do with the Human Genome Project? No but it is to do with a "scientific" assessment of a specific human ...
Lynne (Lynne)
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 2:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

All people can be traced back to one couple?
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 5:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

All people can be traced back to one couple? They can indeed! But that's not it.
Lynne (Lynne)
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 6:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Piltdown man?
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 6:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Piltdown man? Nope - you're going off track a bit now. When I said "specific human.., I literally didn't mean a specific human :-), I meant a specific human ... (attribute)
Lynne (Lynne)
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 7:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And you've done the Piltdown man anyway :)

This rings a bell. Something in the news recently. Ummm

Anything to do with poor memory? :O

Is it something to do with loyalty, faithfulness, lack of either, intelligence or lack of it?

Is it that given certain conditions people are liable to do something in particular?

Is it something genetic? Nature or nurture?
Jennifer (Tigger32382)
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 9:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

does it have to do with life expectancy? probability of contracting an illness?
Simon Downham (Beroean)
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lynne
And you've done the Piltdown man anyway :) You have an excellent memory!

This rings a bell. Something in the news recently. Ummm Yes indeed

Anything to do with poor memory? :O No (although your short term memory may be wanting, your long term memory is intact, as evidenced by your reference to Piltdown man, the details of which I cannot even recall myself!

Is it something to do with loyalty, faithfulness, lack of either, intelligence or lack of it? None of these

Is it that given certain conditions people are liable to do something in particular? Yesish

Jennifer
does it have to do with life expectancy? No
probability of contracting an illness?No

Is it something genetic? genetics probably comes into it but it doesn't help much
Nature or nurture? This is nature - in that sense