Archive through December 19, 2005 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - December 2005 » [woubit] Not forty two » Archive through December 19, 2005 « Previous Next »

David Burn (Woubit)
Posted on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 6:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Alizon (Alizon) on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 06:15 pm:

Are they valuable for most of us? no Or do they have only a personal value? no - that is not the reason for the "yope"

Are they anyhow related to you? yes Should you have received them but you are not going to? it's not really a question of "receiving" them. I could obtain them if I wished to do so, but I don't.
Mosquito (Mosquito)
Posted on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 6:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How could you obtain them? By purchasing them?

Would someone give them to you if you simply asked?

Do they take up too much room? Require too much looking after?

Are there 28 of these in England? And others elsewhere?
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do they differ from each other in appearance?

Are they bigger than a watermelon?
Jens Weber (Sundowner)
Posted on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the number of these things changing? Has it been 28 all the time? Is it decreasing? increasing? Can it decrease? increase?
Can these things be moved around? carried around by a human?
Do you know the location of these things?
Are these things, in fact, locations? (like: 28 places where you have been stopped for exceeding the speed limit, 28 golf courses where you finished under par, ..)
Lewis Zeiters (Lzeiters)
Posted on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 6:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

are only some of the things valuable? is the value intrinsic or extrinsic? relevant?
David Burn (Woubit)
Posted on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 6:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Mosquito (Mosquito) on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 06:32 pm:

How could you obtain them? By purchasing them? yes

Would someone give them to you if you simply asked? no

Do they take up too much room? no Require too much looking after? no

Are there 28 of these in England? there are a very great many more than 28 of them in England. The notion is that 28 would be required for my purposes. And others elsewhere?

By Alizon (Alizon) on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 06:35 pm:

Do they differ from each other in appearance? no

Are they bigger than a watermelon? no

By Jens Weber (Sundowner) on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 06:35 pm:

Is the number of these things changing? strictly, yes, but... Has it been 28 all the time? it has been very close to 28 for some while Is it decreasing? increasing? this one Can it decrease? increase? it can only increase
Can these things be moved around? yes carried around by a human? yes
Do you know the location of these things? they are to be found in several locations, some of which I know
Are these things, in fact, locations? no (like: 28 places where you have been stopped for exceeding the speed limit, there is in fact only one of those, and it is in Wales 28 golf courses where you finished under par, ..there are none of those in the Universe, though I probably would not be depressed if there were)

By Lewis Zeiters (Lzeiters) on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 06:41 pm:

are only some of the things valuable? yope is the value intrinsic or extrinsic? this one relevant? very much so
Mosquito (Mosquito)
Posted on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 7:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You would require 28 thingies if you wanted to do something? But this is something you do not want to do?

Have you ever done it? Do you anticipate ever wanting to do it?

Will the number increase because you are getting older?
David Burn (Woubit)
Posted on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 7:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Mosquito (Mosquito) on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 07:01 pm:

You would require 28 thingies if you wanted to do something? yesish But this is something you do not want to do? it is something I am not prepared to attempt to do

Have you ever done it? yesish Do you anticipate ever wanting to do it? no

Will the number increase because you are getting older? yes, indeed
Mosquito (Mosquito)
Posted on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 7:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When you sort-of did it, how many of the thingies did you require? 1, 2...28? How long ago was it? 1 year? 2? 3?...70?
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 7:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

candles on your birthday cake?
David Burn (Woubit)
Posted on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 7:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Mosquito (Mosquito) on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 07:09 pm:

When you sort-of did it, how many of the thingies did you require? I required roughly 18 1, 2...28? How long ago was it? 1 year? 2? 3?...70? about seven years ago, as I recall
David Burn (Woubit)
Posted on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 7:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Alizon (Alizon) on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 07:20 pm:

candles on your birthday cake? no - the answer to that has been rather greater than 28 for some time now. I am not, though, depressed about this - my motto has always been "anything for a quiet life", and as one gets older, so one's life gets quieter :)
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 10:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the number directly/indirectly related to your age?

Are the things in question bigger than an apple?

Are they square? round? flat? Heavier than a pound apiece?

Could I slip them under the door? Carry them all together?

Do they have one specific colour?
David Burn (Woubit)
Posted on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 10:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Alizon (Alizon) on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 10:10 pm:

Is the number directly this one /indirectly related to your age? yes

Are the things in question bigger than an apple? no

Are they square? this is closest round? flat? and this is accurate Heavier than a pound apiece? no

Could I slip them under the door? yes Carry them all together? yes

Do they have one specific colour? each of them contains a number of different colours, but each of them exhibits the same colour scheme
Ed Mason (Logician)
Posted on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 10:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is this anyone how would conceivably like having these items? Does the number of this item increase incrementally? or whimsically?

Could I conceivably buy these right now? (assuming I had the money with which to do so)

Are they well-known items? Or are they some ridiculously obscure thing that was mentioned in Galileo's first tome, which we would have to travel to the London Science Museum to discover even exists?
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 10:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I suppose they are not banknotes, are they?
David Burn (Woubit)
Posted on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 10:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Ed Mason (Logician) on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 10:29 pm:

Is this anyone how would conceivably like having these items? I am not quite sure what this means. From external evidence, these items are bought and sold, so presumably there are people who like having them. Does the number of this item increase incrementally? the number that is "the answer" in my case will increase as I grow older. I know of no method by which anything can increase other than "incrementally", but... or whimsically? ...if by this you mean "randomly", no - the increase is governed by a mathematical function

Could I conceivably buy these right now? if you could find a shop open that sold them, which is probable, yes you could (assuming I had the money with which to do so)

Are they well-known items? yes Or are they some ridiculously obscure thing that was mentioned in Galileo's first tome, which we would have to travel to the London Science Museum to discover even exists? no
David Burn (Woubit)
Posted on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 10:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Alizon (Alizon) on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 10:30 pm:

I suppose they are not banknotes, are they? you suppose correctly
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they manmade?

Is there any print on them?
David Burn (Woubit)
Posted on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 10:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Alizon (Alizon) on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 10:36 pm:

Are they manmade? yes

Is there any print on them? yes
Alizon (Alizon)
Posted on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 10:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are there printed numbers? letters? both?

Are they made of paper? if so, solely of paper?

Do they somehow come into your possession every year?

If so, do you buy them/ receive them as a present?

Do other people have the same relation to them as you do?
David Burn (Woubit)
Posted on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 10:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By Alizon (Alizon) on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 10:47 pm:

Are there printed numbers? letters? both? this one

Are they made of paper? if so, solely of paper? well, paper and ink

Do they somehow come into your possession every year? no - they would come into my possession were I to purchase some, which I could do every day if I wished

If so, do you buy them/ receive them as a present? no

Do other people have the same relation to them as you do? for other people, the answer might or might not be 28