Archive through December 21, 2005 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - March 2006 » [Haenlomal] Ut sementem feceris ita metes » Archive through December 21, 2005 « Previous Next »

Katy (Katy)
Posted on Sunday, December 04, 2005 - 4:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cannibalism relevant?
Haenlomal (Haenlomal)
Posted on Monday, December 05, 2005 - 8:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cannibalism relevant? No, but good thinking.
Lewis Zeiters (Lzeiters)
Posted on Wednesday, December 07, 2005 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is there a misinterpretation here? someone making a joke that another takes literally?

...and a happy beginning to your fourth decade... :O:O:O
Johanna (Buzzard)
Posted on Wednesday, December 07, 2005 - 3:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did this other person lick the floor? Remove a piece of the floor and eat/chew on it? Eat something that looked like a piece of the floor?
Haenlomal (Haenlomal)
Posted on Wednesday, December 07, 2005 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is there a misinterpretation here? someone making a joke that another takes literally? No to both, I'm afraid.

...and a happy beginning to your fourth decade... :O:O:O Did you have to make that sound so old? And don't think I didn't notice the "over the hill" remark in the chatroom!
Lewis Zeiters (Lzeiters)
Posted on Wednesday, December 07, 2005 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

my apologies... if it makes you feel any better, i'm less than 2 years behind you...
Johanna (Buzzard)
Posted on Wednesday, December 07, 2005 - 4:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ahem...
Lynne (Lynne)
Posted on Wednesday, December 07, 2005 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Had food been scraped off the floor and then served on a plate?
Haenlomal (Haenlomal)
Posted on Wednesday, December 07, 2005 - 6:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lzeiters

my apologies... if it makes you feel any better, i'm less than 2 years behind you... FA....what makes you think I feel bad about reaching 30? You were the one who suggested that I was over the hill, not me. But thanks for trying to make me feel better. :)

Buzzard

ahem... Indeed. Two years isn't that far off in the overall scheme of things, and then both of you will experience first hand that 30 isn't as bad as people make it out to be...at least, I keep telling myself that.

Lynne

Had food been scraped off the floor and then served on a plate? No, but this idea is in the right forest...
Johanna (Buzzard)
Posted on Wednesday, December 07, 2005 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

no, I meant "ahem" in the sense of "I asked some questions that you don't seem to be answering. :)
Haenlomal (Haenlomal)
Posted on Wednesday, December 07, 2005 - 7:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And I missed them again, it'd appear. My apologies! My eyesight is already failing me in my old age...

Did this other person lick the floor? No, but... Remove a piece of the floor and eat/chew on it? Eat something that looked like a piece of the floor? Nothing like the last two
Tim A. Dowd (Bodo)
Posted on Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 3:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Relevant where the kitchen was? Restaurant? Someone's home? Museum display/mock up?
Haenlomal (Haenlomal)
Posted on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 5:57 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Relevant where the kitchen was? YES Restaurant? This one -- well done! Someone's home? Museum display/mock up?
Tim A. Dowd (Bodo)
Posted on Tuesday, December 13, 2005 - 12:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was there a lot of food on the floor? If so, was it, er, pre-prepared, that is, not cooked (or whatever) yet? Or was there spillage? Did he witness spilled food being scooped up and served?

Is the type/kind/ethnicity of the restaurant relevant?
Mosquito (Mosquito)
Posted on Tuesday, December 13, 2005 - 12:59 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

vermin relevant?
Haenlomal (Haenlomal)
Posted on Tuesday, December 13, 2005 - 3:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bodo

Was there a lot of food on the floor? Not really, no If so, was it, er, pre-prepared, that is, not cooked (or whatever) yet? But the stuff that is on the floor would be in various stages of, um, preparation. Or was there spillage? Yes, there was a bit of spillage Did he witness spilled food being scooped up and served? But not this

Is the type/kind/ethnicity of the restaurant relevant? YES -- good question!

Mosquito

vermin relevant? No
Lewis Zeiters (Lzeiters)
Posted on Tuesday, December 13, 2005 - 3:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is the food prepared raw? is it cooked at all? some of it cooked?

do the patrons sit on the floor to eat? :O
Haenlomal (Haenlomal)
Posted on Tuesday, December 13, 2005 - 3:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is the food prepared raw? is it cooked at all? some of it cooked? Not really relevant, but in this particular restaurant, all the food was cooked

do the patrons sit on the floor to eat? :O Again, not really relevant, but the patrons in this restaurant sit on chairs at tables like most restaurants you're probably familiar with.
Placido Eustorgio (Enigami)
Posted on Saturday, December 17, 2005 - 1:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the style of floor relevent?
A particular pattern on the floor relevent?
Tim A. Dowd (Bodo)
Posted on Sunday, December 18, 2005 - 7:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Asian restaurant? Indian?

Were there any relevant beings--human or otherwise--in the kitchen aside from the staff (and your uncle's party)?

Was stuff getting tossed onto the floor instead of into the bin?
Haenlomal (Haenlomal)
Posted on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 5:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Enigami

Is the style of floor relevent? No
A particular pattern on the floor relevent? No

Bodo

Asian restaurant? Yes Indian? But not this one

Were there any relevant beings--human or otherwise--in the kitchen aside from the staff (and your uncle's party)? No...and there is a hint of a FA in this question, so be careful!

Was stuff getting tossed onto the floor instead of into the bin? No.

I feel that I may have inadverdently mislead you guys in this direction, so I'll toss this out: Don't worry about the stuff on the kitchen floor. All that is relevant here is that the kitchen floor is filled with the normal detrius one might expect over the course of the normal work day (cleanups notwithdstanding). This usually includes accidently dropping of tiny bits and pieces of food.
Lewis Zeiters (Lzeiters)
Posted on Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 11:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is it simply a case of "if the food tastes this good, the floor must taste great" because there is so much of it on the floor?