[Solane] How long did you stare at th... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - June 2006 » [Solane] How long did you stare at that screen... (Rulebreaker) « Previous Next »

Kitral Solane (Solane)
Posted on Tuesday, May 30, 2006 - 12:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My first rulebreaker.
Not a CA.
The objective is to find my rule.
Anything not to be answered by rule in italics.
I will accept statements as well as questions.
Howard Wilde (Woodworm)
Posted on Tuesday, May 30, 2006 - 8:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the Pope Catholic?
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck?
43.2?
Kitral Solane (Solane)
Posted on Tuesday, May 30, 2006 - 9:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the Pope Catholic? Do i care?
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck? to be or Not To Be.
43.2? Pi.
Ian (Image)
Posted on Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 9:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the Pope Catholic?
43.2?
Do i care?
to be or Not To Be.
Pi.
Kitral Solane (Solane)
Posted on Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 9:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the Pope Catholic? Oh, that again.
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck? You Frustrate Me.
43.2? Much.
Do i care? Do I?
to be or Not To Be. silly Quotations Are fun.
Pi. Three.
Ian (Image)
Posted on Thursday, June 08, 2006 - 8:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rulebreakers are often fun?
Rulebreakers are often fun!
rulebreakers Are Often fun?
Quack?
Quack quack?
Quack Quack?
Quack Quack Quack Quack!
Quack!
Quack Quack Quack?
How much wood would a woodchuck?
Kitral Solane (Solane)
Posted on Thursday, June 08, 2006 - 9:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rulebreakers are often fun? Not me knowing.
Rulebreakers are often fun! I’ve never participated.
rulebreakers Are Often fun? Parlez-vous englais?
Quack? Meep!
Quack quack? Meep, meep!
Quack Quack? Meep, meep?
Quack Quack Quack Quack! Meep, meep, meep!!!
Quack! Fiddlesticks.
Quack Quack Quack? Meep! Meep!
How much wood would a woodchuck? find An Answer how?

Does anyone even have any theories? Or is that too much to expect too soon?
Karla Rubinstein (Karla)
Posted on Sunday, June 11, 2006 - 1:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Parlez-vous englais?
Parlez-vous francais?
Can you spell "English" in French?
Parlez-vous franglais?
Ian (Image)
Posted on Monday, June 12, 2006 - 10:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm thinking that wordcount is more relevant than what was typed, and that in your response whether or not the first letter is capitalized is all that matters, but I'm really not sure...

One?
one?
oNE?
Two Two?
two two?
TWO TWO?
Three Three Three?
ThReE ThReE ThReE?
Four Four Four Four?
Five Five Five Five Five?
Six Six Six Six Six Six?
Seven Seven Seven Seven Seven Seven Seven?

Flauccinauccinihilipilification?
Kitral Solane (Solane)
Posted on Tuesday, June 13, 2006 - 1:15 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm thinking that wordcount is more relevant than what was typed, and that in your response whether or not the first letter is capitalized is all that matters, but I'm really not sure... Which wordcount...? Good theories, keep working!

One? she Walks
one? in Beauty
oNE? like the Night
Two Two? of Cloudless climbs
two two? and Starry skies
TWO TWO? and All that's
Three Three Three? best Of Dark
ThReE ThReE ThReE? And Bright
Four Four Four Four? meet In her aspect
Five Five Five Five Five? And her Eyes
Six Six Six Six Six Six? it's Not A problem,
Seven Seven Seven Seven Seven Seven Seven? nor Entirely A Poem.

Flauccinauccinihilipilification? Nien.
Michael Smith (Endeffect)
Posted on Thursday, June 22, 2006 - 8:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I wonder if it has to do with numbers as well...

Kitral Solane (Solane)
Posted on Saturday, June 24, 2006 - 12:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

1 We
2 Shall
3 See
4 What

11 We
22 Shall
33 See
44 At

111 The
222 End
333 The
444 Same
Ian (Image)
Posted on Saturday, June 24, 2006 - 2:15 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I like to talk quite a lot, mostly in really, really long sentences -- although I'm quite sure that you already noticed that -- and I'm quite interested to see what kind of response you give, in length, order, meaning, and structure.

Short
Shorter
short
shorter

Is the time relevant? Is the number of words in the question relevant? Is the number of words beginning with capitals in the answer relevant? The arrangement of words beginning with capitals?
Kitral Solane (Solane)
Posted on Saturday, June 24, 2006 - 4:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I like to talk quite a lot, mostly in really, really long sentences -- although I'm quite sure that you already noticed that -- and I'm quite interested to see what kind of response you give, in length, order, meaning, and structure. I am Quite interested as well.

Short Shorter
Shorter Short
short Shorter
shorter Short

Is the time relevant?No. Is the number of words in the question relevant?Yes. Is the number of words beginning with capitals in the answer relevant?Yes. The arrangement of words beginning with capitals?YES!
Ian (Image)
Posted on Saturday, June 24, 2006 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Q q q q q q q?

Is your response based only on the wordcount of the question? Are the lowercase words which come before the first capitalized word in your response relevant?
Kitral Solane (Solane)
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 12:48 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck? five hundred Fifty Five Pounds.
Q q q q q q q? are you close To An Answer?

Is your response based only on the wordcount of the question?Yes. Are the lowercase words which come before the first capitalized word in your response relevant? No.

Do you have it? It sounds like you do. Feel free to sp0i1 if you can.
Ian (Image)
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 4:41 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm going to hazzard a guess...

You're printing the number of words in the question in binary. Words beginning with a lowercase letter are considered to be 0s, and those beginning with a capital are 1s.

Am I right?
Kitral Solane (Solane)
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 4:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm going to hazzard a guess...

You're printing the number of words in the question in binary. Words beginning with a lowercase letter are considered to be 0s, and those beginning with a capital are 1s.

Am I right? YES!

That a Spoiler folks! Thanks for participating.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: