Morbid package Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - September 2006 » Morbid package « Previous Next »

Danielvs (Danielvs)
Username: Danielvs

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 1:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A party is taking place in a house. The bell rings. A man opens the door and receives a package. He opens it and sees an arm inside it. He smiles and seems to be quite satisfied. Why?
Senorina_illuminata (Senorina_illuminata)
Username: Senorina_illuminata

Post Number: 67
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 12:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i think we've heard this one before. please check out the collection of classic lateral thinking puzzles already posted. i just thought i should let you know because it wont be fun for you or other puzzlers to post a puzzle that gets solved straight away or else just gets ignored.
on the other hand, if i am completely wrong about this puzzle and my answer is wrong, please accept my deepest apologies.
i'm going to have a guess now if you don't mind...

A few years back the man who receives the package was desserted on an island with a few others. in order to survive, they had to cut off each others arms to eat them. they made a pact that if one person had to have their arm cut off in order to survive, they all had to have their arms cut off too. one man on the island was a surgeon, so he did the amputations and it was decided that he would have his arm cut off last so he could perform the surgeries. before he had to cut his arm off, they were rescued. he failed to keep his promise, so one of the one armed men hired someone to cut off the surgeons arm. he then puts the arm in a package and delivers it to the one armed survivor as proof of his success.

something along those lines?
Stuccosalt (Stuccosalt)
Username: Stuccosalt

Post Number: 543
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 9:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

or is it his shiny new birthday prosthetic, delivered just in the nick of time?
Danielvs (Danielvs)

Post Number: 3
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 10:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear Senorita Illuminata and Stuccosalt,
Actually, I tried to find it on the collection of classic lateral puzzles already posted, but I couldn't find this one there.
Anyway, it was a variant of your answer, so I guess it can be considered SOLVED
Thanks!
Beccaann (Beccaann)
Username: Beccaann

Post Number: 447
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 10:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

SPOILER. (that's the word you've got to use, not solved.)
Danielvs (Danielvs)

Post Number: 5
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 1:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

************SPOILER**************
This puzzle seems to be already in the classic lateral puzzles' collection, as pointed out by Senorita Illuminata.
Plebeian (Plebeian)
Username: Plebeian

Post Number: 610
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 12:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Don't let this put you off, there's a wealth of wierd tales buried away in the archive, and always a hunger for more. In fact, if I can think of another severed arm scenario... :-)
Stuccosalt (Stuccosalt)
Username: Stuccosalt

Post Number: 545
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 4:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Maybe he's an arms dealer? (ba-dum-bum)
Murugesanjk (Murugesanjk)
Username: Murugesanjk

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, January 29, 2007 - 8:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

give more solved puzzles

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: