[SebastePistis] I Like Words Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - January 2007 » [SebastePistis] I Like Words « Previous Next »

Sebastepistis (Sebastepistis)
Username: Sebastepistis

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 11:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm new to the forums, but I figure I'll throw a puzzle out there - hopefully it isn't too easy for you.

I like words, but I hope Excellent Xenophobes Leap In With Questions
Tobasi (Tobasi)
Username: Tobasi

Post Number: 304
Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 6:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Welcome Sebastepistis!
Is the puzzle about yourself? other people? words? objects?
Is it relevant that you used capital letters (EXLIWQ)?
Is there any wordplay involved?
Do we have to find out: a story? some relation? a phrase? a logical explanation for the statement?

Post Number: 6
Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 8:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Welcome Sebastepistis! Thanks for having me.
Is the puzzle about yourself? Noish other people? No words? Yesish objects? No
Is it relevant that you used capital letters (EXLIWQ)? Yes!
Is there any wordplay involved? Yes
Do we have to find out: a story?No some relation?Yope a phrase? \b {Noish} a logical explanation for the statement? Noish
Woodworm (Woodworm)
Username: Woodworm

Post Number: 417
Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 10:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the exact wording of the question important, or would any sentence do if the initial letters were the same? (For example: Every Xanthippic Lemur Is White Quilled)

Is Scrabble relevant at all? Phonetics relevant?

Mnemonics?

Post Number: 8
Posted on Wednesday, December 20, 2006 - 12:19 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the exact wording of the question important, or would any sentence do if the initial letters were the same? This (For example: Every Xanthippic Lemur Is White Quilled)

Is Scrabble relevant at all? No Phonetics relevant? No

Mnemonics? No
Puzzlicious (Puzzlicious)
Username: Puzzlicious

Post Number: 141
Posted on Wednesday, December 20, 2006 - 12:48 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the sentence used to remember the order of something?
Does it involve:
science?
math?
sports?
entertainment?
history?
language?

Do the letters E,X,L,I,W,and Q represent the first letters to a group of things(that has to do with the puzzle solution)? Or are they symbols for something? Or scrambled at all?

Post Number: 11
Posted on Wednesday, December 20, 2006 - 5:22 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the sentence used to remember the order of something? No
Does it involve:
science? Noish
math? No
sports? No
entertainment? No
history? Noish
language? No

Do the letters E,X,L,I,W,and Q represent the first letters to a group of things(that has to do with the puzzle solution)? No Or are they symbols for something? Yope Or scrambled at all? No

Post Number: 13
Posted on Wednesday, December 20, 2006 - 10:22 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Blooper Alert!!!

The sentence should read: I like words, but Excellent Xenophobes Leap In Mightily With Questions

We apologize for the inconvenience, now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Tobasi (Tobasi)

Post Number: 308
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 5:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do the letters E, X, L, I, M, W, Q represent all the information you provided?
Is their order relevant?
Does each letter stand for some entity? a group of things?
Does the puzzle work only in english? Is language relevant?

Post Number: 14
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2006 - 5:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do the letters E, X, L, I, M, W, Q represent all the information you provided? Yes
Is their order relevant? Yes
Does each letter stand for some entity? No a group of things? No
Does the puzzle work only in english? Yes Is language relevant? Yes
Cookie (Cookie)
Username: Cookie

Post Number: 202
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2006 - 9:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

do the letters represent the words of a sentence?

Post Number: 15
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2006 - 7:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

do the letters represent the words of a sentence? No
Cookie (Cookie)
Username: Cookie

Post Number: 210
Posted on Wednesday, December 27, 2006 - 8:58 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are the letters the first letters of words?

Post Number: 17
Posted on Wednesday, December 27, 2006 - 10:50 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are the letters the first letters of words? No

Hint: The number of words I am looking for is less than you think.
Tobasi (Tobasi)

Post Number: 314
Posted on Wednesday, December 27, 2006 - 11:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So, you are looking for 1?, 2?, ... words?
Do they form a sentence?
Do they contain the given letters? In the same orer?

Post Number: 145
Posted on Wednesday, December 27, 2006 - 7:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the language:

English?
Latin?
Greek?
French?
Russian?
Spanish?
German?
Arabic?
Mandarin?
Cantonese?
Japanese?
Roman numerals?
Other?

Are the letters in the sentence in the order presented?

Post Number: 20
Posted on Thursday, December 28, 2006 - 4:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So, you are looking for 1? <b>This<\b>, 2?, ... words?
Do they form a sentence? No
Do they contain the given letters? Yope In the same orer? No

Is the language:

English? This
Latin?
Greek?
French?
Russian?
Spanish?
German?
Arabic?
Mandarin?
Cantonese?
Japanese?
Roman numerals?
Other?

Are the letters in the sentence in the order presented? FA
Woodworm (Woodworm)
Username: Woodworm

Post Number: 419
Posted on Thursday, December 28, 2006 - 1:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So you're looking for one English word? Is it a common word? Does the word combine with the given letters to form new words?
Crazypalpig (Crazypalpig)
Username: Crazypalpig

Post Number: 559
Posted on Friday, December 29, 2006 - 1:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you playing a word game? maybe scrabble?

Post Number: 154
Posted on Friday, December 29, 2006 - 6:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does it have anything to do with their place on a keyboard?

Post Number: 21
Posted on Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So you're looking for one English word? Yes Is it a common word? Yesish Does the word combine with the given letters to form new words? No

Are you playing a word game? maybe scrabble? No to both.

Does it have anything to do with their place on a keyboard? No
Snoozer (Snoozer)
Username: Snoozer

Post Number: 20
Posted on Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 5:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the order E, X, L, I, M, W, Q represent the same order of the letters in your word? Or is it more of an anagram puzzle?
Do you need to substitute any of the letters above to get your word?
~damia~ (~damia~)
Username: ~damia~

Post Number: 34
Posted on Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 5:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

does position on the keyboard have any relevance? any sort of cryptogram style puzzle e.g. E=D etc?

Post Number: 23
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 11:10 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the order E, X, L, I, M, W, Q represent the same order of the letters in your word? This Or is it more of an anagram puzzle?
Do you need to substitute any of the letters above to get your word? Yes

does position on the keyboard have any relevance? No any sort of cryptogram style puzzle e.g. E=D etc? Yesish, but there's a rule involved
~damia~ (~damia~)

Post Number: 43
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 12:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

atheism?

E = A 5 letters difference etc.

Post Number: 24
Posted on Friday, January 05, 2007 - 4:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Damia nails it. :-)

Spoiler Alert

One of the most important things in my life has been my awakening to the concept of reason and shaking off the shackles of faith. I figured that 'atheism' was a good label to introduce myself to the boards. Congrats to Damia. :-)
~damia~ (~damia~)

Post Number: 60
Posted on Friday, January 05, 2007 - 4:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

nice one Seb :-)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: