{Crazypalpig}The saving words Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - Feb 2007 » {Crazypalpig}The saving words « Previous Next »

Crazypalpig (Crazypalpig)
Username: Crazypalpig

Post Number: 607
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 4:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A man 's speech saved him.If you know your american history, this should be easy
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 1820
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 9:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is everyone else afraid of this puzzle? Or, perhaps, everyone is like me and didn't really pay much attention to American History in school, and now 15 years after high school they realize that it's helpful to know this stuff...

Is this based on an actual historical event? Or an imagined event based on actual history?

In the context of this puzzle, does the word "speech" refer to -
accent? dialect? language spoken?
or a set of words spoken by the man to one or more listeners?

Saved him from...death? imprisonment? punishment? monetary penalties?

Did this take place in the 1900's? 1800's? 1700's? prior to this?
Huntinggirl (Huntinggirl)
Username: Huntinggirl

Post Number: 15
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 8:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I haven't studied American history, so I leap into this unbiased by any knowledge whatsoever :-)
He=him?
Age relevant?
Era relevant?
Occupation?
Family? Relationships?
Religion?
Politics?
Emptyhead (Emptyhead)
Username: Emptyhead

Post Number: 18
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 1:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the person saved because he delivered the speech?
Saved - As in saved his/her life? As in his/her career or reputation?
Person - A politician? Religious worker? Any US president?

Post Number: 609
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 1:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is everyone else afraid of this puzzle? Or, perhaps, everyone is like me and didn't really pay much attention to American History in school, and now 15 years after high school they realize that it's helpful to know this stuff...Guess so!

Is this based on an actual historical event?It happened Or an imagined event based on actual history?

In the context of this puzzle, does the word "speech" refer to -
accent? dialect? language spoken?
or a set of words spoken by the man to one or more listeners?Correct

Saved him from...death?Yes imprisonment? punishment? monetary penalties?

Did this take place in the 1900's?Yes 1800's? 1700's? prior to this

I haven't studied American history, so I leap into this unbiased by any knowledge whatsoever
He=him?Yes
Age relevant?Not exactly
Era relevant? no
Occupation? Kinda
Family? Relationships?Neither
Religion? no
Politics?Yes

Was the person saved because he delivered the speech?no
Saved - As in saved his/her life?I already answered this above As in his/her career or reputation?
Person - A politician? Religious worker? Any US president?DING A LING A LING! its a president
Emptyhead (Emptyhead)

Post Number: 21
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 2:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Now if only I could use a bit of google..... ;-)
President - living? dead?
Did he actually deliver the speech? (Using he as I believe US is yet to have a woman president.)
Was he attacked at all? Did speech moved the heart of his would be attacker?
~damia~ (~damia~)
Username: ~damia~

Post Number: 125
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is "a man" the same person as the "him"? was the president saved? was it the president who wrote the speech?

Post Number: 614
Posted on Monday, January 29, 2007 - 5:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Now if only I could use a bit of google..... ;-) Thats cheating! im just kidding
President - living? dead?dead
Did he actually deliver the speech?yes (Using he as I believe US is yet to have a woman president.)
Was he attacked at all?yes Did speech moved the heart of his would be attacker?no

a man" the same person as the "him"?yes was the president saved?{yes} was it the president who wrote the speech?Irr
Foulglory (Foulglory)
Username: Foulglory

Post Number: 8
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2007 - 6:49 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was he saved before/while/after reading the speech? Or did the contents of the speech save him?
Emptyhead (Emptyhead)

Post Number: 25
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2007 - 8:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the president attacked when he was delivering the speech? After he delivered it?
Important if I find it out what weapon was used?
Is it like something he dropped the speech paper and bent just in time to pick it and avoid the bullet shot? (Saw this in several movies)
Mimino (Mimino)
Username: Mimino

Post Number: 30
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2007 - 5:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it the content of his speech that saved him? the words he used? the language he spoke in? the mere fact that he was speaking? and not doing something else during that time? the fact that he was in this place?
Was someone else killed instead of the president?

Post Number: 617
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2007 - 10:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was he saved before/while/after reading the speech?before Or did the contents of the speech save him?no

Was the president attacked when he was delivering the speech? After he delivered it?Neither
Important if I find it out what weapon was used?yes
Is it like something he dropped the speech paper and bent just in time to pick it and avoid the bullet shot?Nearly! (Saw this in several movies)

Was it the content of his speech that saved him? the words he used? the language he spoke in? the mere fact that he was speaking? and not doing something else during that time? the fact that he was in this place?
Was someone else killed instead of the president?None to all

Oh, this isn't a very well fact about the ppresident, its not really in any serioushistory book: sorry to be misleading
Emptyhead (Emptyhead)

Post Number: 29
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 7:59 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Something like the briefcase in which speech paper were kept, blocked the way of bullet?
Foulglory (Foulglory)
Username: Foulglory

Post Number: 9
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 12:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Or maybe his speech papers were in his coat and minimised the damage by the weapon?

Post Number: 621
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 1:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Something like the briefcase in which speech paper were kept, blocked the way of bullet?Getting REALLY CLOSE!
Or maybe his speech papers were in his coat and minimised the damage by the weapon?Not really, try to find which president. It's not crucial, but...
Emptyhead (Emptyhead)

Post Number: 31
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 2:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

President in 1910s?1920s?1930s?1940s?1950s?1960s?1970s?1980s?1990s?
Any of these -
Roosevelt?Reagan?Nixon?Kennedy?Bush?
Would be assasin was a mad man? Angry with his policies? Personal enmity?

Post Number: 623
Posted on Saturday, February 03, 2007 - 1:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

President in 1910s?1920s?1930s?1940s?1950s?1960s?1970s?1980s?1990s?
Any of these -
Roosevelt?HimReagan?Nixon?Kennedy?Bush?
Would be assasin was a mad man? Angry with his policies?yep Personal enmity?

Well, he had written down a speech to present, but before he started, a person shot at him, but the paper stopped it. That was really quick guys... that's a spoiler

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: