[BeccaAnn] Survival Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - May 2007 » [BeccaAnn] Survival « Previous Next »

Beccaann (Beccaann)
Username: Beccaann

Post Number: 1304
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 8:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This will probably go pretty fast...a welcome change after my last couple puzzles...

There were few survivors, but he was unharmed; yet he felt anything but lucky. In fact, he was furious.
Enjay (Enjay)
Username: Enjay

Post Number: 328
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 8:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

He=human adult male?
The survivors=human adults? Genders relevant? Relevant how many there were exactly? Does survivors here mean "people who didn't die"?
Was he involved in the thing of which there were few survivors? Was this thing an accident? Natural disaster? Crime? War?
Was he furious that so few survuved? Or that some did? Would he have been happier if there were no survivors? Or if he had not survived?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 1305
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 8:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

He=human adult male? yes
The survivors=human no adults?yope Genders relevant?no Relevant how many there were exactly?yope Does survivors here mean "people who didn't die"? yope
Was he involved in the thing of which there were few survivors?yes Was this thing an accident?no Natural disaster?no Crime?no War?no
Was he furious that so few survuved?no Or that some did?yes Would he have been happier if there were no survivors?yes Or if he had not survived?no
Alex319 (Alex319)
Username: Alex319

Post Number: 18
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 8:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was he involved in causing the event? If so, did he do it accidentally or on purpose?
Did he want more people to die?
Did he want fewer people to die?
Are all the "he"s the same person?
Was he angry at a specific person?
Alex319 (Alex319)

Post Number: 19
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 8:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was he one of the "survivors"?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 1306
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 8:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was he involved in causing the event?yes If so, did he do it accidentally or on purpose?on purpose
Did he want more people to die? no, FA
Did he want fewer people to die? no, FA
Are all the "he"s the same person? yes
Was he angry at a specific person? no

Was he one of the "survivors"? noish
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 329
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 8:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The survivors: living things? Animals? Is that yope to "Does survivors here mean "people who didn't die"?" because the survivors weren't people?
Woodworm (Woodworm)
Username: Woodworm

Post Number: 864
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 10:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was he playing Lemmings, and got stuck with one at the end?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 1307
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 11:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The survivors: living things?yes Animals?yes Is that yope to "Does survivors here mean "people who didn't die"?" because the survivors weren't people?yes

Was he playing Lemmings, and got stuck with one at the end?no, great idea though
Alex319 (Alex319)

Post Number: 21
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were any animals killed?

Were the animals that were killed:
farm animals?
pets?
wild animals?

Did he own the animals that were killed?
Did he want more animals to be killed?
Did he want fewer animals to be killed?
Booklover (Booklover)
Username: Booklover

Post Number: 171
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 12:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

wolves? bears? termites? bees?
~damia~ (~damia~)
Username: ~damia~

Post Number: 497
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 9:05 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

are the animals ones which might be considered pests? was he an exterminator?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 1309
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 11:58 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were any animals killed? yes

Were the animals that were killed:
farm animals? no
pets? no
wild animals? no

Did he own the animals that were killed? no
Did he want more animals to be killed? yes
Did he want fewer animals to be killed? no

wolves? bears? termites? bees? none of these

are the animals ones which might be considered pests?yes was he an exterminator?no
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 1310
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 12:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"wild animals? no "....technically, seeing as the animals are pests, you could consider them wild animals, just not in the sense that people normally think of wild animals.
Peter365 (Peter365)
Username: Peter365

Post Number: 380
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 12:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Insects? cockroaches? locusts? Were the pests eating something that belongs to him. Was he a farmer?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 1312
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 1:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Insects?yes cockroaches?no locusts?no Were the pests eating something that belongs to him.well, technically yes, but not how you mean Was he a farmer?no
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 340
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 1:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were they head lice? Fleas? Mosquitoes? (I'm just thinking, were they eating something belonging to him in the sense that they were eating him?)
So: man has pests, and he tries to kill them? Does he put down poison? Smoke them out? Swat them? But some survive, so he is angry. Correct?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 1313
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 2:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were they head lice?no Fleas?yes Mosquitoes?no (I'm just thinking, were they eating something belonging to him in the sense that they were eating him?) yes! and his cat!
So: man has pests, and he tries to kill them?yes Does he put down poison?yes Smoke them out?yes Swat them?yes But some survive, so he is angry. Correct?yes

Told you it would go fast!

*********SPOILER************

"He" is actually me...my cat had fleas really bad, so I switched her monthly flea treatment and they began a mass migration off of her and onto me and everything else in my house. They were driving me absolutley crazy. I mean panicky, crawling out of my skin, freaking the hell out kind of crazy. I used sprays, powder in the carpet and upholstry, and ended up setting off 3 flea foggers. I got home after fogging the house and no fleas were jumping on me! I sat on the couch and watched some tv, and then went to bed, and as I laid down, three fleas jumped on my arm. More than enough to repopulate the house...I was sooooooooooo mad. And I've still yet to get rid of all the little bastards. Those few survivors make all the effort for naught. Sigh.
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 346
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 2:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ahhh...I know how you feel...fleas seem to particularly like the taste of me! (as do all other biting bugs). I have in the past spent the night in a hotel, having arrived back from holiday to find the house utterly overrun!
Peter365 (Peter365)
Username: Peter365

Post Number: 400
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Shouldn't you just flee from the house :o)
Booklover (Booklover)
Username: Booklover

Post Number: 176
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 9:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

good puzzle--fleas are little beasts! I once house-sat for my parents. They had a cat and a dog. The dog had terrible fleas, so they had given it a medicine that drove the fleas away without killing them. Unfortunately all of the fleas left the dog and landed on me and the cat. I came home and brought fleas to my two cats (which had never been outside before). Can you believe I gave my cats fleas!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: