[BeccaAnn] Emptiness Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - May 2007 » [BeccaAnn] Emptiness « Previous Next »

Beccaann (Beccaann)
Username: Beccaann

Post Number: 1324
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 9:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It was empty, and Mary really wanted to fill it, but didn't know what should go in it. Her friend Max knew, but she wouldn't let him participate. What's going on?
Enjay (Enjay)
Username: Enjay

Post Number: 390
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 9:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mary=her=she=human adult female?
Max=him=human adult male?
All 3 "its" the same?
Is "it" a container of some kind? Fill as in literally fill a space with objects? Or more figurativley like filling a gap in the conversation?
Participate in a game? Competition? Project?
Lynne (Lynne)
Username: Lynne

Post Number: 3259
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 11:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is she a new barmaid and doesn't know how to mix a particular drink and Max was too drunk to be of any use?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 1326
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 - 4:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mary=her=she=human adult female? yes
Max=him=human adult male? yes
All 3 "its" the same? yes
Is "it" a container of some kind?noish Fill as in literally fill a space with objects?yope Or more figurativley like filling a gap in the conversation? noish
Participate in a game?noish Competition?no Project?no

Is she a new barmaid and doesn't know how to mix a particular drink and Max was too drunk to be of any use?no
~damia~ (~damia~)
Username: ~damia~

Post Number: 524
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 - 9:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

any jobs relevant? hobbies? any other people involved? is it a tangible object? made of paper? plastic? wood? stone? glass?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 1329
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 - 5:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

any jobs relevant?no hobbies?yesish any other people involved?no is it a tangible object?yes made of paper?yes plastic? wood? stone? glass?none of the rest
Tobasi (Tobasi)
Username: Tobasi

Post Number: 448
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the meaning of 'Fill' to write something down on paper? To fill out a form? to solve a crossword puzzle or similar?
Deathateaster (Deathateaster)
Username: Deathateaster

Post Number: 6
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 - 7:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Landfill? Fill her hopes and dreams?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 1330
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 - 10:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the meaning of 'Fill' to write something down on paper?yes To fill out a form?yes to solve a crossword puzzle yes! or similar?

Landfill?no Fill her hopes and dreams?no
Enjay (Enjay)
Username: Enjay

Post Number: 431
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 - 10:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she not let him participate because she wanted to solve it herself? To prove she could?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 1331
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 - 10:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she not let him participate because she wanted to solve it herself?yes To prove she could?yes

**********SPOILER***********

Mary is me...
I was one letter away from solving the New York Times Sunday crossword. What always happens to me with the NYT, is I get one or two answers from solving it, and I have no idea what the last answers are.
That's what happened this time. I didn't know either of the answers that would finish it off, and although my friend read the clue and knew the answer I wouldn't let him tell me.

I got it right, by the way, only because there was only one letter that could actually go with the letters that I had in the puzzle without spelling nonsense.

That was sure a quickie!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: