[Deathateaster] Escape from: Dark room Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - May 2007 » [Deathateaster] Escape from: Dark room « Previous Next »

Deathateaster (Deathateaster)
Username: Deathateaster

Post Number: 10
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am in a room. It is painted a navy blue. I have nothing on but pyjamas. I have no objects. There is nothing in the room but a chair, a table, a bed and a small paper bin, which is completely empty. On one wall there is a door, a key pad which is covered over with a metal grate, surrounded by three smaller keypads. The keypads have all the letters of the alphabet on them.
Crazypalpig (Crazypalpig)
Username: Crazypalpig

Post Number: 1055
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 - 11:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OOh second lateral adventure in this week!

Check the door. Is it locked? Can you remove the metal grate? Check the room for the missing papers, every inch!
Zenith (Zenith)
Username: Zenith

Post Number: 403
Posted on Saturday, May 19, 2007 - 5:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Inspect the table, chair and bin. Are there anything under them?

Post Number: 12
Posted on Saturday, May 19, 2007 - 11:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OOh second lateral adventure in this week! *Inspired by the first*

Check the door. Is it locked? *Yes, obviously by the key pads* Can you remove the metal grate? *No, it seems to need passwords from all three of the other keypads* Check the room for the missing papers, every inch! *None*

Inspect the table, chair and bin. Are there anything under them? *There seems to be strange writing enscripted into the chair...it says "Kill moo cot covats". In the bin there is a piece of paper saying "Ace lock turn her". There is nothing under the bin, table or chair, but on the table there is a small safe. It is padlocked, and needs a key.*

Post Number: 1063
Posted on Saturday, May 19, 2007 - 1:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To bold, put \ b{Text here But without the space from the first slash, to getText here}
I guess anagrams are the key here again! I'm stuck

Post Number: 14
Posted on Saturday, May 19, 2007 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok I'll /b{USE BOLD} from now on.

Post Number: 15
Posted on Saturday, May 19, 2007 - 1:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh sorry, USE BOLD
~damia~ (~damia~)
Username: ~damia~

Post Number: 540
Posted on Saturday, May 19, 2007 - 10:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ace lock turn her - rocket launcher? try typing rocket launcher into all the keypads
Tsoram1970 (Tsoram1970)
Username: Tsoram1970

Post Number: 454
Posted on Sunday, May 20, 2007 - 12:42 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hold on a second... the bin is "completely empty" but contains a piece of paper?
Woodworm (Woodworm)
Username: Woodworm

Post Number: 905
Posted on Sunday, May 20, 2007 - 2:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Repeat typing procedure for Molotov cocktails.

Post Number: 20
Posted on Sunday, May 20, 2007 - 2:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hold on a second... the bin is "completely empty" but contains a piece of paper? sorry, typo

Ace lock turn her - rocket launcher? try typing rocket launcher into all the keypads I heard a click from the first one...

Repeat typing procedure for Molotov cocktails...and another click from the third. The second keypad hasn't clicked yet, and I still can't remove that metal grate, or unlock the padlocked box.
~damia~ (~damia~)

Post Number: 546
Posted on Sunday, May 20, 2007 - 6:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

look in the bed and under it

Post Number: 1070
Posted on Sunday, May 20, 2007 - 11:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try singing: maybe you will find the correct key! Annnyways... Check the door as well, maybe the last inscription is on that
Archerof5arrows (Archerof5arrows)
Username: Archerof5arrows

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 2:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you move the safe?
Or is it attached to the table?
If attached, how?
Is anything written on the underside of the table?
Does the bed have a pillow?
Can you see anything on the ceiling?
Is there a doorknob on the door?
If so is there a keyhole (I know, there's a touchpad, but just in case)?
Is there a crack under the door, under which one could slide a piece of paper (but don't do it yet please)?
Blazingphoenix (Blazingphoenix)
Username: Blazingphoenix

Post Number: 97
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 4:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check under the chair cushion, check IN the chair cusion...
check inside the mattress
check inside the pillow case
check behind the bed as well as under it...
Check the ceiling, just for kicks....

This is kinda like those Room games online... the Crimson and Veridian rooms, and the White and Blue chambers! If anyone wants to try them, type the name of the room onto yahoo or google and try them out!

Post Number: 24
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you move the safe? yes, but I see no reason to.
Or is it attached to the table? no
If attached, how?
Is anything written on the underside of the table? no
Does the bed have a pillow? yes
Can you see anything on the ceiling? no
Is there a doorknob on the door? no
If so is there a keyhole (I know, there's a touchpad, but just in case)? no
Is there a crack under the door, under which one could slide a piece of paper (but don't do it yet please)? \b {no crack, completely tight}

Check under the chair cushion, check IN the chair cusion... the chair has no cusion...
check inside the mattress nothing
check inside the pillow case a key!!!
check behind the bed as well as under it... behind the head of the bed there's a small red button
Check the ceiling, just for kicks.... weird...there's a message saying "you will never escape!", with a small hole on the dot of the "!". It looks a bit like the end of a hose.
Lshooter3k (Lshooter3k)
Username: Lshooter3k

Post Number: 14
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 4:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Use the key on the safe.

Post Number: 13
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 4:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Uh oh... do I have any scuba gear?? :]
~damia~ (~damia~)

Post Number: 561
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 4:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

press the red button

Post Number: 1086
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 11:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Describe the dimensions of the key. WIll it fit in the hole in the ceiling? Maybe this "Key" Will unlock the other key pad? You missed my and Damias questions Sunday May 20th Questions

Post Number: 26
Posted on Tuesday, May 22, 2007 - 4:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Use the key on the safe. it opens

Uh oh... do I have any scuba gear?? :] no, sorry

press the red button NOW YOU'VE DONE IT! Water is pouring from that hole! It doesn't look too bad, it might take aroung 4 days to fill the room completly.

Describe the dimensions of the key. WIll it fit in the hole in the ceiling? Maybe this "Key" Will unlock the other key pad? Look above You missed my and Damias questions Sunday May 20th Questions \b {Sorry.}

Try singing: maybe you will find the correct key! as if! Have you heard my voice?Annnyways... Check the door as well, maybe the last inscription is on that. it's not

look in the bed and under it nothing there, except the matress and pillow
Lshooter3k (Lshooter3k)

Post Number: 16
Posted on Tuesday, May 22, 2007 - 4:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

look in the safe

Post Number: 18
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 4:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rule #1... never press the red button when the door is sealed tightly (oh well).

On a hunch try typing improvised explosive device into the second keypad.

Post Number: 28
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 3:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

look in the safe It has a piece of paper saying, "Nob cumb real." Another anagram.

Rule #1... never press the red button when the door is sealed tightly (oh well). It's now up to my knees, if you're interested

On a hunch try typing improvised explosive device into the second keypad.No, it does nothing.
Lshooter3k (Lshooter3k)

Post Number: 20
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 3:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Type "nuclear bomb" into the last keypad

Post Number: 31
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Type "nuclear bomb" into the last keypad Yes it clicked, and that grid fell off. Now what to type in the last keypad...

Post Number: 1090
Posted on Thursday, May 24, 2007 - 2:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The red button might have given us a clue. Maybe it will act like a magnifying glass to see the last clue. Scan everywhere i thewater. If nothing, press the red button again!

Post Number: 1091
Posted on Thursday, May 24, 2007 - 2:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The last anagram is most likely " You will never escape" Let me try to decipher this

run escape yellow vie???

Post Number: 33
Posted on Thursday, May 24, 2007 - 5:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The red button might have given us a clue. Maybe it will act like a magnifying glass to see the last clue. Scan everywhere i thewater. nothing there. If nothing, press the red button again! a piece of paper falls down in the torrent of water. It says, "WHAT DO THEY HAVE IN COMMON"?

The last anagram is most likely " You will never escape" Let me try to decipher this

run escape yellow vie??? \b {I actually tried this and... No click.}
Enjay (Enjay)
Username: Enjay

Post Number: 539
Posted on Thursday, May 24, 2007 - 6:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Type "explosive" into the keypad. Try "explosion", "bomb", "weapon"

Post Number: 35
Posted on Friday, May 25, 2007 - 9:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Type "explosive" into the keypad. Try "explosion", "bomb", "weapon""EXPLOSIVE" works, the door clicks, and swings open....

You look down into an infinite void of swirls and sparkles. You are almost hypnotised by the patterns, and fall. You fall and fall until you hit something soft. A bed. You sit up and...OH NO!

End of part one, PART II Coming soon.

Post Number: 36
Posted on Saturday, May 26, 2007 - 3:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, I forgot...

SPOILER!!!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: