[Noobdogg] An acquired distaste Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - September 2007 » [Noobdogg] An acquired distaste « Previous Next »

Noobdogg (Noobdogg)
Username: Noobdogg

Post Number: 9
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 12:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My first go at this :D

One night, while quietly fishing in the sewers of Undercity, something happened IRL that made me believe in ghosts for 30 seconds. But then I saw it next to me, and I felt like a complete twat for telling her about that gastronomically horrible incident.

What did she do?

PS: Don't fret, Kobe. Who needs contracts with nauseating gianduja derivatives anyway?

Google if you must ;)
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)

Post Number: 10
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 12:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm a noob at this, so my apologies for not including the [Noobdogg] before the title.

Waiting on the first response with bated breath...
~damia~ (~damia~)
Username: ~damia~

Post Number: 881
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 2:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

do we need to know what the Undercity is? an online game? or ordinary game?

is she human? adult? in the room with you? or in the same building at least?

did she do something in response to what you told her? does she believe in ghosts? are her emotions relevant?
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)

Post Number: 11
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 2:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

YAY im answering questions :D

@Damia

do we need to know what the Undercity is? an online game? or ordinary game? An online game, only relevance is that it was what I was doing when she did whatever she did

is she human? Yes adult? No in the room with you? No or in the same building at least? Yes

did she do something in response to what you told her? Not in response, but... does she believe in ghosts? Maybe, IRR are her emotions relevant? Yes-ish
~damia~ (~damia~)

Post Number: 882
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 4:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is she 0-5 years? 6-10? 11-15? 16-19?

was she happy? sad? angry? annoyed? embarassed? afraid?

is her relationship to you relevant? is she a relative?
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)

Post Number: 12
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 8:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

@Damia

is she 0-5 years? 6-10? this one 11-15? 16-19?

was she happy? Yes-ish sad? angry? annoyed? embarassed? afraid?

is her relationship to you relevant? Yope is she a relative? Yes
~damia~ (~damia~)

Post Number: 883
Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 9:35 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is she your daughter? sister? niece?

does she say something? or just do something? to you? in the same room as you? something connected with ghosts? computers? gaming?

is your ps thing relevant by the way? I have no idea what most of it means!!
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)

Post Number: 24
Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 9:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

@Damia

is she your daughter? sister? close to this one niece?

does she say something? No or just do something? Yes to you? Not 'to' me, no in the same room as you? Yes something connected with ghosts? No computers?No gaming? No

is your ps thing relevant by the way? I have no idea what most of it means!! To solve the puzzle, you have to find out what the PS thing means, yes.

HINT in white: HINT in white ;-)
~damia~ (~damia~)

Post Number: 885
Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 12:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

lol

is Kobe a person? are they relevant? is chocolate relevant? if so is a specific brand or something relevant? or maybe some other kind of sweets?

is she your step-sister? half-sister?

does she damage something? make a mess?
Tanvishashikant (Tanvishashikant)
Username: Tanvishashikant

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 1:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does your use of the word "astronomical" have any significance?
Is Kobe referring to the Basketball player?
The "gianduja" that you mention, is it the hazelnut chocolate?
Were you fishing for an aquatic animal? An object? Many objects?
Tanvishashikant (Tanvishashikant)
Username: Tanvishashikant

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OH!! I just got it!!! But then its unfair because you told me about it earlier, so I'm not saying anything more.
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)

Post Number: 25
Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does your use of the word "astronomical" have any significance? Yes but for reasons no one has declared yet
Is Kobe referring to the Basketball player? YES Kobe Bryant
The "gianduja" that you mention, is it the hazelnut chocolate? Yup good work googling ;-)
Were you fishing for an aquatic animal? An object? Many objects? Completely irrelevant, read above
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)

Post Number: 26
Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 4:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

@damia (sorry for missing you)

lol

is Kobe a person? Yes, read above are they relevant? Indirectly is chocolate relevant? Close, read above if so is a specific brand or something relevant? Yes or maybe some other kind of sweets?

is she your step-sister? No half-sister? No, i'll give you a freebie and tell you she's my first cousin

does she damage something? No make a mess? No

@tanvishashikant

You had to find me here eh?? lol you stalker :-D, nice to see you girl. And yeah you're banned from this puzzle ;-)
~damia~ (~damia~)

Post Number: 890
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 9:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

so did Kobe the basketball player have a contract with some people who make chocolate? and he lost it? and this is relevant to your cousin? was she pleased he had lost it? or pleased for something to do with the chocolate? or maybe is it relevant who Kobe may have a contract with now?
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)

Post Number: 31
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 12:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

@Damia

so did Kobe the basketball player have a contract with some people who make chocolate? Yes, not exactly chocolate, read aboveand he lost it? Yes and this is relevant to your cousin? No, the whole PS thing is only a hint for you to identify the brand was she pleased he had lost it? IRR or pleased for something to do with the chocolate? Please rephrase or maybe is it relevant who Kobe may have a contract with now? IRR
Booklover (Booklover)
Username: Booklover

Post Number: 640
Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2007 - 4:22 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

regarding the p.s.--ok, hope it's fine to keep googling!--does it have to do with nutella? possibly the fact that they didn't contact Kobe to do an ad, but he wanted to do ads for nutella because it was his favorite brand? i guess his face will be on the jars of nutella soon, if not right now? (btw, my husband loves nutella!)

does the p.s. have to do with your first statement? long shot guess--did you see an ad for nutella on the television while you were playing a game on the computer? if so, was kobe in the ad? on the jar in the ad? and when you were telling your first cousin about it, you noticed that she had a jar of nutella with kobe on it?

welcome to the forum!
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)

Post Number: 37
Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2007 - 5:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Booklover! Can't believe I've been missing out on the lateral fun all this time!

regarding the p.s.--ok, hope it's fine to keep googling!Sure--does it have to do with nutella? YES! Well done! possibly the fact that they didn't contact Kobe to do an ad, but he wanted to do ads for nutella because it was his favorite brand? IRR, all that matters is that you've found the brand... now what's that got to do with what she did? i guess his face will be on the jars of nutella soon, if not right now? I think he lost the contract, but IRR anyway (btw, my husband loves nutella!) Each to his own...ugh (That was a hint ;-) )

does the p.s. have to do with your first statement? No, its an independent hint which you successfully used to identify the brand that's relevant --> Nutella long shot guess--did you see an ad for nutella on the television while you were playing a game on the computer? Ok i'll help you out here, the fact that i was playing on the computer is only relevant so far as that it was what I was doing when she did what she did, nothing more nothing less if so, was kobe in the ad? N\A on the jar in the ad? N\A and when you were telling your first cousin about it, you noticed that she had a jar of nutella with kobe on it? N\A, but thanks for finally coming to what I told my cousin....
~damia~ (~damia~)

Post Number: 903
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 9:15 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

do you like nutella? does your cousin? did she eat some? did she ask you if you wanted some? did she put some somewhere? did you tell her you hate it? did she try to make you eat it? did she try to prove it was nice?
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)

Post Number: 60
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 2:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

do you like nutella? NO!does your cousin? Yes did she eat some? She probably did at some point in her life did she ask you if you wanted some? Yes did she put some somewhere? YES did you tell her you hate it? Yes, explore! did she try to make you eat it? No did she try to prove it was nice? No
~damia~ (~damia~)

Post Number: 906
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 3:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did she try to feed it to you? put it on you somewhere? on your clothes? on a personal possession of yours? on your computer? on an item of food you like? somewhere in the room you were in?
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)

Post Number: 61
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did she try to feed it to you? No put it on you somewhere? on your clothes? on a personal possession of yours? on your computer? on an item of food you like? somewhere in the room you were in? Yes only to this one
Enjay (Enjay)
Username: Enjay

Post Number: 622
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 4:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I notice that there is a white letter making "astronomically" "gastronomically"-is this to do with you not liking nutella? Did you regret telling her you didn't like it? About a time you ate it by accident? Are you allergic to it? Is the thing you saw next to you nutella? Did she piut it there? Deliberately to annoy you because you had told her you didn't like it?
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)

Post Number: 63
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 6:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I notice that there is a white letter making "astronomically" "gastronomically" Great observation :-D -is this to do with you not liking nutella? Yes! Did you regret telling her you didn't like it? Yes, because of what she did About a time you ate it by accident? Not by accident Are you allergic to it? Not physiologically, No Is the thing you saw next to you nutella? A bottle of Nutella, Yes Did she piut it there? Yes Deliberately to annoy you because you had told her you didn't like it? Excellent! Yes!

Time for a....

------------------SPOILER------------------

I was playing World of Warcraft late one night, when I noticed the door creaking open... It was dark, and I bleakly said, "who's there??" no reply... i felt movement near me but couldn't see a thing. A moment later I saw the door close. To put it lightly, my heart was in my mouth... then i looked next to where i was sitting and saw a bottle of Nutella. It all made sense....

When I was a kid, I scooped up a whole bottle of rancid Nutella (ugh) and had a bad case of food poisoning. No wonder I acquired a bad distaste for it ;-) . I told my little cousin sister abt it, and mischievous and conniving as she is, she plotted to make me pay for telling her about this weakness. hehe.

Hope you enjoyed this little puzzle. Gratz to Enjay for working it out, and thanks to Damia and Booklover for unravelling a lot.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: