[BeccaAnn] Home for the holidays. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - September 2007 » [BeccaAnn] Home for the holidays. « Previous Next »

Beccaann (Beccaann)
Username: Beccaann

Post Number: 1624
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 10:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I could only see my family if they weren't at home.
Eli (Eli)
Username: Eli

Post Number: 633
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 12:49 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it relevant where they were? Did you have to travel to see them? Did they have to travel to see you?

If travel involved, is means of travel relevant?
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)
Username: Noobdogg

Post Number: 65
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 5:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could you see them anywhere, as long as they weren't at home?

You?--->h?a?m?
Your family? ---> h?
they = your family? or some third entity?
Tanvishashikant (Tanvishashikant)
Username: Tanvishashikant

Post Number: 21
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 12:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does your family stay in a restricted area of some sort? Are you no longer staying with your family? If yes, is it relevant why you're not staying with them? Or does "home" also refer to your home?

Do you mean that you can only "see" them with your eyes if they weren't at home or you can only meet them if they weren't at home?

Are you in some kind of danger if you see your family whilst they are at home? Is it relevant what kind of house your family stays in?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 1625
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 1:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it relevant where they were?yes Did you have to travel to see them?yes Did they have to travel to see you? no

If travel involved, is means of travel relevant?yope

Could you see them anywhere, as long as they weren't at home?yesish

You?--->h?a?m? I'm a human adult female.
Your family? ---> h? yes
they = your family?no. or some third entity?yes

Does your family stay in a restricted area of some sort?no Are you no longer staying with your family?yes If yes, is it relevant why you're not staying with them?No. I'm speaking of my parents and siblings and extended family. I'm an adult and have since moved out of my parents' house. Or does "home" also refer to your home? yope

Do you mean that you can only "see" them with your eyes if they weren't at home or you can only meet them if they weren't at home?meet them

Are you in some kind of danger if you see your family whilst they are at home?yesish, for svv of danger! Is it relevant what kind of house your family stays in?no
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)

Post Number: 79
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 2:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they at their home or your family's?
~damia~ (~damia~)
Username: ~damia~

Post Number: 911
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 2:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

do they like you? are they neighbours of your family? of you? they = h's? a's? f's?

or do you maybe have some kind of obligation to them when they are home?
Tanvishashikant (Tanvishashikant)
Username: Tanvishashikant

Post Number: 26
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 2:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does "they" refer to people? H? A? M?

Is your family also in danger because of them? Do they live with your family? By "svv" you mean survival?

Can "they" cause you any harm? Physical harm? Mental harm? Emotional harm? Would your life be in any danger if you went to meet your family in their presence?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 1626
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 2:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they at their home or your family's?theirs

do they like you?FA are they neighbours of your family?no of you?noish they = h's? a's? f's? They are human adult males

or do you maybe have some kind of obligation to them when they are home?yope

Does "they" refer to people? H? A? M?see above

Is your family also in danger because of them?no Do they live with your family?no By "svv" you mean survival? svv is a Lateral Thinking Puzzles Forum term for "Sufficiently Vague Values" So basically, I am in danger only for a sufficiently vague definition of "danger."

Can "they" cause you any harm?no.... well I guess they could, but irrelevant Physical harm?no Mental harm?no Emotional harm?no Would your life be in any danger if you went to meet your family in their presence?no, and FA
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)

Post Number: 80
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 4:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So if they are at home, you can't see your family? or you won't?

Do they know you?

Is their home near your family's? If they weren't at home, would they most likely be somewhere relevant?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 1627
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 6:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So if they are at home, you can't see your family?yes or you won't?this too

Do they know you? no

Is their home near your family's?define near If they weren't at home, would they most likely be somewhere relevant?yes
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)

Post Number: 82
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 7:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they people who facilitate your trip home in some way?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 1628
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 7:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they people who facilitate your trip home in some way?no
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)

Post Number: 86
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 8:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do they live with your family?

Near--->
in the same city as your family?
a few blocks away?
adjacent buildings?
same building?
same floor? (ignore if not an apartment)

If they were at home, would your family still be at their own home?

Would it be enough if only some of them werent at home, or would they all have to be outside their home?

How many are they?
2-10?
10-50?
50-100?
more than 100?

IS their occupation relevant?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 1629
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 8:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do they live with your family?no

Near--->
in the same city as your family?no
a few blocks away? no
adjacent buildings? no
same building? no
same floor? (ignore if not an apartment)

If they were at home, would your family still be at their own home? no

Would it be enough if only some of them werent at home, or would they all have to be outside their home? FA

How many are they?
2-10?
10-50?
50-100? this, I believe
more than 100?

IS their occupation relevant? yes
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)

Post Number: 91
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 5:39 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Time for brute force... Sorry getting impatient, this puzzle is killer :-D

Is their occupation related to:

is the profession

Artistic/musical/writer?
Banking/financial/real estate?
Clerical/Administrative?
Computer related / Hardware ?
Construction / Craftsman ?
Education / Academic Research ?
Entertainment / Media ?
Executive / Management ?
Hospitality / Travel ?
Legal Services ?
Manufacturing / Distributions ?
Medical / Health Services ?
Politics / Government / Military ?
Sales / Marketing ?
Technical / Science / Engineering ?
Teaching / Child care?
Transportation ?
Food Service ?
Sports?
Entertainment?
Jailbird / Criminal?
Religion?
Other?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 1630
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 1:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Time for brute force... Sorry getting impatient, this puzzle is killer :-D

Is their occupation related to:

is the profession

Artistic/musical/writer?
Banking/financial/real estate?
Clerical/Administrative?
Computer related / Hardware ?
Construction / Craftsman ?
Education / Academic Research ? yope
Entertainment / Media ?
Executive / Management ?
Hospitality / Travel ?
Legal Services ?
Manufacturing / Distributions ?
Medical / Health Services ?
Politics / Government / Military ?
Sales / Marketing ?
Technical / Science / Engineering ?
Teaching / Child care?
Transportation ?
Food Service ?
Sports? yesish
Entertainment?
Jailbird / Criminal?
Religion?
Other? yope
Suido (Suido)
Username: Suido

Post Number: 156
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 3:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they a sports club?
a student team from a university, or other educational facility?
I'm going to run with this one, if the above is wrong, hopefully there's something relevant in the following questions...
home refers to them playing a home game?
or home base in baseball?
you have some obligations during a home game which prevents you from going to see your family?
perhaps you will be in danger of losing your job?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 1632
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 4:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they a sports club? a sports team, yes
a student team from a university, or other educational facility? yes
I'm going to run with this one, if the above is wrong, hopefully there's something relevant in the following questions...
home refers to them playing a home game? yes
or home base in baseball? no
you have some obligations during a home game which prevents you from going to see your family?yes
perhaps you will be in danger of losing your job?yes

I think that qualifies for a SPOILER!

I work at the University of Georgia. Every year the Georgia vs. Georgia Tech football rivalry game is played on the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend. The eatery I work at is usually closed on weekends, but we open on gamedays.

Meanwhile my family goes to visit relatives in Florida for the extended Thanksgiving weekend, and even though I get Thursday and Friday off every Thanksgiving, when there is a home game I have to work on Saturday and am therefore unable to join the family on vacation.

Therefore, I can only see my family on Thanksgiving when the Georgia football game is not at home (unless I want to get fired!)
Suido (Suido)
Username: Suido

Post Number: 161
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 4:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

woot, congrats to Noobdogg for doing all the groundwork!
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)

Post Number: 100
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 7:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Haha nice one :-D

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: