[Alex319] We need more power! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - October 2007 » [Alex319] We need more power! « Previous Next »

Alex319 (Alex319)
Username: Alex319

Post Number: 342
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 11:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I went to a place to get something. The first time I went, it wasn't there, and I was disappointed. The second time I went, I was hoping it wasn't there.
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)
Username: Noobdogg

Post Number: 158
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 5:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm assuming all the it's refer to the same something?

Alcohol? Cigarettes? Drugs? Something addictive you were trying to quit?

The place relevant?

Did you go to collect your mail?
Alex319 (Alex319)

Post Number: 344
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 5:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm assuming all the it's refer to the same something? Yes

Alcohol? Cigarettes? Drugs? Something addictive you were trying to quit? No

The place relevant? Yes

Did you go to collect your mail? Yesish
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)

Post Number: 164
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 5:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you go to the post-office? your own mailbox?

Were you expecting to collect your report card or something-like? First time you thought you had done well, and the second time you hadn't?

Does the it refer to mail in general or a particular mail like the report card?
Alex319 (Alex319)

Post Number: 345
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 5:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you go to the post-office? your own mailbox? Neither

Were you expecting to collect your report card or something-like? No First time you thought you had done well, and the second time you hadn't? No

Does the it refer to mail in general No or a particular mail Yes, a particular item that I was expecting to receive like the report card? But no report cards involved - at my college we can see all our grades online.
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)

Post Number: 166
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 5:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the item something you could..
read?
eat?
drink?
use otherwise?
Alex319 (Alex319)

Post Number: 347
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 5:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the item something you could..
read? This one
eat?
drink?
use otherwise?
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)

Post Number: 168
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 5:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hope you don't mind this rapid-fire question answer thing we seem to have going in your 2 puzzles mate :D

Was it,
A magazine you subscribed to?
Newspaper?
A periodical report on your bank account / stock / something financial?

So you wanted to read it the first time but couldn't, and the second time you didn't want to read it, but the fact that you went to collect it means that you probably had to?
Alex319 (Alex319)

Post Number: 349
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 6:50 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it,
A magazine you subscribed to?
Newspaper?
A periodical report on your bank account / stock / something financial?

All are completely irrelevant

So you wanted to read it the first time but couldn't, and the second time you didn't want to read it, but the fact that you went to collect it means that you probably had to? No
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)

Post Number: 171
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 6:59 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it a letter from someone?
Was it a cheque / payment for something?
Did something happen between the first and second time you went to check that caused the change of mind?

Is this tangible mail? If not, email? Or posts on a forum like this one?
Alex319 (Alex319)

Post Number: 351
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 7:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it a letter from someone?
Was it a cheque / payment for something?

Irrelevant

Did something happen between the first and second time you went to check that caused the change of mind? FA

Is this tangible mail? Yes If not, email? Or posts on a forum like this one?
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)

Post Number: 172
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 7:57 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So there was no change of mind?

Is the title relevant?

Was the item bound? or a piece of paper? Was it work related or personal?
~damia~ (~damia~)
Username: ~damia~

Post Number: 935
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 9:59 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is your job relevant? was the mail relating to a specific job? was the mail from a business? or an individual? would the same mail have been sent to other people? or was it an original piece of mail? was it handwritten?
Eli (Eli)
Username: Eli

Post Number: 670
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 10:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Relevent who the mails are from? If so, are they from the same person? organisation? company?

If the second mail had arrived first, would you then still have wished it not to arrive?

Is there something about the environment that has changed between the two mails? like that the post office had moved?

Just one thought that dropped in to my head; any other relevant people in this puzzle?
Tsoram1970 (Tsoram1970)
Username: Tsoram1970

Post Number: 524
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 12:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So is it irrelevant what the item is? and the relevant bit is why you thought it would be there, and why you hoped it wouldn't be there the second time?

Just a silly question... something = it = it?

Did time elapse between the first and second times? relevant how much?
Alex319 (Alex319)

Post Number: 353
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 1:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So there was no change of mind? Correct

Is the title relevant? Yes

Was the item bound? Yes or a piece of paper? Was it work related or personal? Personal

is your job relevant? No was the mail relating to a specific job? No was the mail from a business? Yes or an individual? No would the same mail have been sent to other people? Possibly or was it an original piece of mail? No was it handwritten? No

Relevent who the mails are from? Yes If so, are they from the same person? organisation? company? No, they are from different companies

If the second mail had arrived first, would you then still have wished it not to arrive? This would not have been possible

Is there something about the environment that has changed between the two mails? No like that the post office had moved? No

Just one thought that dropped in to my head; any other relevant people in this puzzle? No

So is it irrelevant what the item is? Correct and the relevant bit is why you thought it would be there, and why you hoped it wouldn't be there the second time? Yes

Just a silly question... something = it = it? Yes

Did time elapse between the first and second times? <b>Yes<b> relevant how much? Yes, a few days
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)

Post Number: 180
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 3:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it a private eye's / lawyer's report on some investigation / claim you asked him to make?

Were the contents of the 'book' different at both times? i.e. the first time, you expected something good, and the second time, something bad?
Tsoram1970 (Tsoram1970)

Post Number: 528
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 12:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmmmm... could it be that... you had ordered a book from, say, Amazon. The book failed to arrive when required so after checking that it wasn't languishing in the post office you had to quickly place an order with a different company, say, Borders. In the meantime the Amazon one was delivered to you, so when you went to check if the other one had come you were desperately hoping it hadn't!
Alex319 (Alex319)

Post Number: 356
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 3:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it a private eye's / lawyer's report on some investigation / claim you asked him to make? No

Were the contents of the 'book' different at both times? No i.e. the first time, you expected something good, and the second time, something bad? Not like this

Hmmmm... could it be that... you had ordered a book from, say, Amazon. The book failed to arrive when required so after checking that it wasn't languishing in the post office you had to quickly place an order with a different company, say, Borders. In the meantime the Amazon one was delivered to you, so when you went to check if the other one had come you were desperately hoping it hadn't! No
~damia~ (~damia~)

Post Number: 938
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

so I guess you were told it would be sent to you the first time? did you request it to be sent to you? and the second? did you do something after not receiving it the first time? did you complain? ring someone? write a letter?

did you not want to have it the second time because you weren't interested in it any more? because of something the company had done? something you had done?
Alex319 (Alex319)

Post Number: 357
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 4:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

so I guess you were told it would be sent to you the first time? Yes, Amazon told me they would send it to me did you request it to be sent to you? Yes and the second? You mean did I request it to be sent to me the second time? No, and FA did you do something after not receiving it the first time? Yes, but possible FA did you complain? ring someone? write a letter? None of these

did you not want to have it the second time because you weren't interested in it any more? No because of something the company had done? No something you had done? No
Tsoram1970 (Tsoram1970)

Post Number: 530
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 4:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it a present? and the second time you wanted it to have been sent direct to the recipent and not to you?
~damia~ (~damia~)

Post Number: 940
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 4:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

so you only requested it once? did you pay for it? did you cancel the order after not getting it the first time? was it in fact there when you went the second time? is the time between the 2 visits relevant? more than a day? more than a week? was it useless to you if received after a certain date?
Eli (Eli)

Post Number: 672
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was there some kind of guarantee connected to this? Like if you hadn't received it within a certain amount of days, you would get it for free?
Alex319 (Alex319)

Post Number: 359
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 11:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it a present? No and the second time you wanted it to have been sent direct to the recipent and not to you? No

so you only requested it once? Yes did you pay for it? Yes did you cancel the order after not getting it the first time? No was it in fact there when you went the second time? No is the time between the 2 visits relevant? Yes more than a day? Yes more than a week? No was it useless to you if received after a certain date? No

Was there some kind of guarantee connected to this? No Like if you hadn't received it within a certain amount of days, you would get it for free? No
~damia~ (~damia~)

Post Number: 942
Posted on Thursday, September 20, 2007 - 9:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is it relevant where it was being delivered to? was there someone there you wanted to keep meeting?

did you ever receive it? did you ever cancel the order? was it lost in the post? did you go back there again for this item? was there 2 days between visits? 3? 4? 5? 6?

did you want it for yourself?
Tsoram1970 (Tsoram1970)

Post Number: 536
Posted on Thursday, September 20, 2007 - 1:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just to recap... two different deliveries...one from Amazon, and one from another company? The second delivery coould not have happened unless the first one had failed?

Did it happen BECAUSE the first one had failed?

Did you need the book to solve some problem?
And by the second delivery you had already solved it?

Is the same thing being delivered each time?
Alex319 (Alex319)

Post Number: 361
Posted on Thursday, September 20, 2007 - 10:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is it relevant where it was being delivered to? Yes was there someone there you wanted to keep meeting? No

did you ever receive it? Yes did you ever cancel the order? No was it lost in the post? ?No did you go back there again for this item? Yes was there 2 days between visits? 3? 4? 5? 6? I think there was about 3-4 days betwen the first two visits, then one day between the second visit and when I went back again for the item

Just to recap... two different deliveries No, there were three ...one from Amazon Yes, and one from another company? Two were from other companies The second delivery could not have happened unless the first one had failed? Yes

Did it happen BECAUSE the first one had failed? Yesish

Did you need the book to solve some problem? No
And by the second delivery you had already solved it? No

Is the same thing being delivered each time? Not the same physical object. The same product - yes for the first and second deliveries, no for the third

did you want it for yourself? Yes
Booklover (Booklover)
Username: Booklover

Post Number: 664
Posted on Friday, September 21, 2007 - 1:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ok, sorry to bother you with another recap, just trying to wrap my head around this...
so we have...
1. company=Amazon=book
2. company=Company B=book
3. company=Company C=something else (which we have not determined).
You went to your mailbox on campus to retrieve a book that you have ordered from Amazon but it was not there. You went again hoping that it still wasn't there (for a reason we have not determined)but it had arrived. The book from company B would not have arrived first (for a reason we have not determined)...

were the books from Amazon and Company B the exact book, same title and everything?

was the item from Company C a book? software? a piece of paper? was the item from C possibly a rebate check?

did you ever receive anything from Company B? from Company C?

is it relevant that it would be impossible for the second item to come first? did you need something from the book from Amazon to get the book from Company B?

were you maybe needing the upc,receipt, something else from Amazon to get something from Company C?

were you possibly trying to determine which company, A or B would deliver a book first (which is probably impossible since you said that you never would have received B first)?

Regarding the relevant title, We need more power: does this refer to power as in electronics (say computers, television, etc), or does this refer to our power (as in "I have the power to make a certain thing happen")?
Alex319 (Alex319)

Post Number: 364
Posted on Friday, September 21, 2007 - 6:22 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It seems there may be some confusion here. When I have been answering your questions about the deliveries and the products delivered, I have numbered the deliveries according to arrival time. This may not be the same as the order that I ordered them in. This is also how I will answer your questions below.

First delivery: book from Amazon No
Second delivery: book No from company B Yes
Third delivery: something else Yes from company C Yes

You went to your mailbox on campus Not a mailbox, but a front desk where you pick up mail to retrieve a book that you have ordered from Amazon Yope but it was not there Yes. You went again hoping that it still wasn't there Yes (for a reason we have not determined)but it had arrived No. The book from company B would not have arrived first (for a reason we have not determined)... There was no book from Company B. The product from Company B arrived second in the order. The book arrived third

was the item from Company C a book? software? a piece of paper? was the item from C possibly a rebate check? None of these

did you ever receive anything from Company B? Yes from Company C? Yes

is it relevant that it would be impossible for the second item to come first? I did not have any reason to order the item that arrived second until after I received the item that arrived first. That is the only reason it would be impossible for the second item to come first did you need something from the book from Amazon to get the book from Company B? No and FA

were you maybe needing the upc,receipt, something else from Amazon to get something from Company C? No

were you possibly trying to determine which company, A or B would deliver a book first (which is probably impossible since you said that you never would have received B first)? No

Regarding the relevant title, We need more power: does this refer to power as in electronics Yes (say computers Yes, television, etc), or does this refer to our power (as in "I have the power to make a certain thing happen")? No
Tsoram1970 (Tsoram1970)

Post Number: 557
Posted on Friday, September 21, 2007 - 8:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have to confess to being slightly confused...Do we now have 4 things happening?

(1) Amazon non-delivery = disappointment?
(2) Company B delivery 1 = what you hoped wasn't there?
(3) Company C delivery 2 = Unknown emotion (according to puzzle statement)?
(4) Amazon book finally arrives.

Was the book some kind of manual? repair manual?
Comapny C item (delivery 2) is dependant on Company B item being delivered first?

Did all deliveries use the post (or courier service that would deliver in the same manner)?

The scenario I am using at the moment is along the lines of a repair shop type thing... notified of repair- manual ordered -didn't arrive. Machine came in for repair. having now seen the model etc you were able to order the part which arrived promptly. You were unable to repair yet as the instructions had not yet come... manual arrived. Job completed.
Alex319 (Alex319)

Post Number: 369
Posted on Friday, September 21, 2007 - 5:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

(1) Amazon non-delivery = disappointment?
(2) Company B delivery 1 = what you hoped wasn't there?
Partially correct, and (1) and (2) happened at the same time. I went to the pick-up place, the Amazon book was not there but the Company B delivery was. I was disappointed (although beware of FA). Company B's delivery was not "what I hoped wasn't there."
(3) Company C delivery 2 = Unknown emotion (according to puzzle statement)? Correct. Also this was the time when I "hoped it wasn't there" and "it" refers to the book.
(4) Amazon book finally arrives. Correct

Was the book some kind of manual? No repair manual? No
Comapny C item (delivery 2) is dependant on Company B item being delivered first? As I said, the only reason it was impossible for the Company C item to come before the Company B item is that I had no reason to place the order to Company C until after I received the item from Company B.

The scenario I am using at the moment is along the lines of a repair shop type thing... notified of repair- manual ordered -didn't arrive. Machine came in for repair. having now seen the model etc you were able to order the part which arrived promptly. You were unable to repair yet as the instructions had not yet come... manual arrived. Job completed. Nothing like this
Tsoram1970 (Tsoram1970)

Post Number: 583
Posted on Friday, September 21, 2007 - 5:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the amazon book connected with both the other objects? with B item? With C item?
Is C item needed to work B item? Used only in conjuction with B item? Used on B item?
Is B item needed to work C item? Used only in conjuction with C item? Used on C item?

Is the book a teach yourself book? a dummies guide to?
Alex319 (Alex319)

Post Number: 371
Posted on Friday, September 21, 2007 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the amazon book connected with both the other objects? with B item? With C item?
Is C item needed to work B item? Used only in conjuction with B item? Used on B item?
Is B item needed to work C item? Used only in conjuction with C item? Used on C item?

No to all. Also don't forget that the B item and the C item were the same type of item.

Is the book a teach yourself book? a dummies guide to? Both are irrelevant
Tsoram1970 (Tsoram1970)

Post Number: 611
Posted on Friday, September 21, 2007 - 11:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok... so you wanted to read the book... you went to get it ...it wasn't there but hey B, something to do with work was... so you had your hands full with work. You needed a second one of whatever it was to work with so you had to order C, which arrived. When you wnet to collect C you were hoping the book hadn't arrived, as that would create a dilemma for you. It wasn't and you got your work finished just in time for the book finally arriving... Nice!
Alex319 (Alex319)

Post Number: 374
Posted on Sunday, September 23, 2007 - 3:48 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok... so you wanted to read the book... Yes you went to get it Yes ...it wasn't there but hey B, something to do with work was... Yes so you had your hands full with work. Yes You needed a second one of whatever it was to work with Yope so you had to order C, which arrived.Yes When you wnet to collect C you were hoping the book hadn't arrived, as that would create a dilemma for you. You mean a dilemma as in whether to do my work or to read the book? No, that wasn't it It wasn't and you got your work finished Yesjust in time for the book finally arriving... Nice! Yes
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)

Post Number: 220
Posted on Sunday, September 23, 2007 - 6:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would the book have misled your work in some way? Spoiled it? Made it less enjoyable? Tougher?

Was this something to do with computer hardware? or software?
Alex319 (Alex319)

Post Number: 376
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 1:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would the book have misled your work in some way? No Spoiled it? No Made it less enjoyable? No Tougher? No

Was this something to do with computer hardware? Yes or software? No
Tsoram1970 (Tsoram1970)

Post Number: 655
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 12:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it important that you read the book?
Alex319 (Alex319)

Post Number: 377
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 7:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it important that you read the book? No

HINT: The contents of the book, or even the fact that it was a book and not another item, are completely irrelevant. The reason that I "hoped the book wasn't there" is something very simple, and you should already know enough to figure it out.
Bodo (Bodo)
Username: Bodo

Post Number: 2089
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 8:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Too much stuff to carry at once?
Alex319 (Alex319)

Post Number: 378
Posted on Tuesday, September 25, 2007 - 3:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Too much stuff to carry at once? No
Tsoram1970 (Tsoram1970)

Post Number: 691
Posted on Tuesday, September 25, 2007 - 9:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hmmm...time ain't the issue ...nor concentration....so what could it be... money? is this what the title is relevant to?
Alex319 (Alex319)

Post Number: 379
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 4:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hmmm...time ain't the issue ...nor concentration....so what could it be... money? is this what the title is relevant to? No
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)

Post Number: 252
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 11:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First time: You hoped the book was there, but item B turns up instead. Correct? Are you disappointed that the book wasnt there? Or that item B has turned up? Or a mixture of both? Something else?

Second time: You hoped the book wasnt there, and item C turns up. Correct?

Book arrives at some time x after all this? Relevant when?

Since whether it was a book or not is irrelevant, I'm assumin the only relevant part is what items B and C were?

So were they computer parts?
Alex319 (Alex319)

Post Number: 382
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 4:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First time: You hoped the book was there, but item B turns up instead. Correct? Yes Are you disappointed that the book wasnt there? No Or that item B has turned up? No Or a mixture of both? No Something else? Yes

Second time: You hoped the book wasnt there, and item C turns up. Correct? Yes

Book arrives at some time x after all this? Yes Relevant when? No

Since whether it was a book or not is irrelevant, I'm assumin the only relevant part is what items B and C were? Sort of ... finding out what they are might help but isn't necessary to solve the puzzle

So were they computer parts? Yesish
Tsoram1970 (Tsoram1970)

Post Number: 781
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 1:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

IS it just simply that you couldn't start the book until you had finished the work? No dilemma...just a straightforward no can do?
Alex319 (Alex319)

Post Number: 386
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 9:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

IS it just simply that you couldn't start the book until you had finished the work? No dilemma...just a straightforward no can do? No
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)

Post Number: 269
Posted on Monday, October 01, 2007 - 8:48 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

FIRST TIME: Were you disappointed that item B was there? that item C wasn't there? about something else not discovered?

Were they CD-ROM's or some other storage devices?

So item B turning up instead of the book changed things. Was it a CD-ROM version of the book? OR did it in some way make the book unnecessary or useless?

Hmm, extremely random thought. You went to the front desk to collect it. Is the person standing behind the desk relevant? Maybe you were embarassed about collecting it?
Alex319 (Alex319)

Post Number: 396
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2007 - 2:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

FIRST TIME: Were you disappointed that item B was there? No that item C wasn't there? No and FA - I hadn't ordered item C yet. I was also not disappointed that the book wasn't there about something else not discovered? Yes

Were they CD-ROM's or some other storage devices? No

So item B turning up instead of the book changed things. No Was it a CD-ROM version of the book? No OR did it in some way make the book unnecessary or useless? No

Hmm, extremely random thought. You went to the front desk to collect it. Is the person standing behind the desk relevant? No Maybe you were embarassed about collecting it? No
Alex319 (Alex319)

Post Number: 405
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 12:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hint: Think about how I knew when to go to pick the stuff up.
~damia~ (~damia~)

Post Number: 1030
Posted on Monday, October 08, 2007 - 9:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

were you given an estimated delivery date? did someone call you and tell you a package had arrived?
Alex319 (Alex319)

Post Number: 423
Posted on Monday, October 08, 2007 - 6:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

were you given an estimated delivery date? No did someone call you and tell you a package had arrived? Yesish
~damia~ (~damia~)

Post Number: 1037
Posted on Wednesday, October 10, 2007 - 9:17 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ok did someone call you? and tell you something had arrived? was there something there? just not the ordered items we're looking at?
Alex319 (Alex319)

Post Number: 433
Posted on Wednesday, October 10, 2007 - 6:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ok did someone call you? Not call but... and tell you something had arrived? Yes was there something there? Yes just not the ordered items we're looking at? No, we've already established what items arrived when
~damia~ (~damia~)

Post Number: 1043
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 9:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did they email you? fax you? put something through your door? come to your house to tell you?
Eli (Eli)

Post Number: 678
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 11:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In this day and time - did they send you an sms?
Alex319 (Alex319)

Post Number: 435
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 1:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did they email you? This one fax you? put something through your door? come to your house to tell you?

In this day and time - did they send you an sms?
Alex319 (Alex319)

Post Number: 440
Posted on Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - 9:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Since this looks dead and it is very close to solved anyway I will post a Spoiler:

The sequence of events was as follows.

1. I order a book from Amazon.
2. The power adapter for my laptop breaks. I can't find one with high enough wattage at a store (hence the "We need more power") so I order one from an online reseller.
3. I get an email saying that a package has arrived. It was the power adapter (so "it wasn't there" refers to the book) but I was disappointed because the power adapter was defective. Therefore I ordered another power adapter directly from Dell.
4. I get an email saying that another package has arrived. When I go to pick it up, I am hoping that "it isn't there", meaning the book isn't there, because if the book isn't there then the power adapter is and vice versa (since I only got one email) and I need the power adapter more than I need the book. (it was the power adapter and it worked.)
5. The book finally arrives a few days later.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: