[ObaOne] Sold into Slavery Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - September 2007 » [ObaOne] Sold into Slavery « Previous Next »

Obaone (Obaone)
Username: Obaone

Post Number: 9
Posted on Friday, September 21, 2007 - 8:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I guess if she's selling them, she won't need it anymore.

first puzzle, yay! Inspired by my job
Crazypalpig (Crazypalpig)
Username: Crazypalpig

Post Number: 1488
Posted on Friday, September 21, 2007 - 8:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Welcome to the forum!

it-them? she-she? she=H?A?M?
Tsoram1970 (Tsoram1970)
Username: Tsoram1970

Post Number: 601
Posted on Friday, September 21, 2007 - 8:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Welcome indeed...

Title relevant?
relevant it's a she?
If she kept hold of them, would that mean that she needed it still?
Obaone (Obaone)

Post Number: 10
Posted on Friday, September 21, 2007 - 8:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the welcomes!

it=them? No
she=she? Yes
she=H? Yes A? Yes M? I thought this meant "male"? Well if it does than No...She is a she. If not, let me know what you're asking :-)

Title relevant? Yes
relevant it's a she? No, not really
If she kept hold of them, would that mean that she needed it still? Yes
Tsoram1970 (Tsoram1970)

Post Number: 604
Posted on Friday, September 21, 2007 - 9:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

true story? FYOI?

them = human? adult? children? male? female? animal?
it= non animate ?
Obaone (Obaone)

Post Number: 12
Posted on Friday, September 21, 2007 - 9:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

true story? Yes
FYOI? A bit of this too

them = human?Yes
adult? No
children? yes
male? No
female? Yes
animal? No
it= non animate? Yes
Tsoram1970 (Tsoram1970)

Post Number: 608
Posted on Friday, September 21, 2007 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Please tell me you are not a slave trader?

Is it a whip? or something like that?

a toy?

a people carrier?
Obaone (Obaone)

Post Number: 15
Posted on Friday, September 21, 2007 - 10:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Please tell me you are not a slave trader? Yes, for svv of slave trader.
No...kidding... merely a slave to the grind.

Is it a whip? or something like that? No, nothing of the sort

a toy? No

a people carrier? No
Tsoram1970 (Tsoram1970)

Post Number: 612
Posted on Friday, September 21, 2007 - 11:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not bad...you're catching on fast to our lingo!

Is she the mother? Aunt? Sister? other relative?

Relevant when and where this happened?
21st century? 20th century? 19th? 18th? 17th? etc etc?
Europe? USA? Canada? Other America? Asia? Africa? Australia?
Obaone (Obaone)

Post Number: 16
Posted on Saturday, September 22, 2007 - 1:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not bad...you're catching on fast to our lingo!
Thanks! I've been around the internet long enough to know that you have to know the lingo or you get lost in a sea of acronyms, heh

Is she the mother? Yes, this one Aunt? Sister? other relative?

Relevant when and where this happened? yes
21st century? This one 20th century? 19th? 18th? 17th? etc etc?
Europe? USA? Here Canada? Other America? Asia? Africa? Australia?
Tsoram1970 (Tsoram1970)

Post Number: 619
Posted on Saturday, September 22, 2007 - 12:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would kind of hope that any mother who sold her children in this day and age in the US would no longer need her freedom!

Relevant how many children? ages relevant?
Has she sold them into Slavery? or is this figurative for low wage work etc.
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)
Username: Noobdogg

Post Number: 217
Posted on Sunday, September 23, 2007 - 6:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was 'it' something she needed in direct relation to the children, or something she needed indirectly connected to them?

Was it a bigger house?
Bentarm (Bentarm)
Username: Bentarm

Post Number: 1107
Posted on Sunday, September 23, 2007 - 5:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

relevant how she was selling them? On ebay?
Have the children already been born?
Alanlin (Alanlin)
Username: Alanlin

Post Number: 12
Posted on Sunday, September 23, 2007 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First of all, is the transaction legal?
relevant who she sold to?
Did the children consent to the transaction?
Obaone (Obaone)

Post Number: 17
Posted on Sunday, September 23, 2007 - 9:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

would kind of hope that any mother who sold her children in this day and age in the US would no longer need her freedom!
indeed, or anywhere for that matter

Relevant how many children? Only that there are more than one
ages relevant? No
Has she sold them into Slavery? No
or is this figurative for low wage work etc.<b.it>

relevant how she was selling them? yes
On ebay? no, and to save time, it was via email
Have the children already been born? yes

First of all, is the transaction legal?Yes
relevant who she sold to? FA
Did the children consent to the transaction?Not really sure. Irel.
Obaone (Obaone)

Post Number: 19
Posted on Sunday, September 23, 2007 - 9:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hmm, not sure what happened to this answer

or is this figurative for low wage work etc. Not figurative but...
Obaone (Obaone)

Post Number: 20
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 12:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was 'it' something she needed in direct relation to the children, Yes or something she needed indirectly connected to them?
Was it a bigger house?No
Tsoram1970 (Tsoram1970)

Post Number: 653
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hang on... selling do you mean exchange for money? or is this something like telling on them?
~damia~ (~damia~)
Username: ~damia~

Post Number: 981
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 12:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did she make them work? sell them for a few hours work? or similar
Obaone (Obaone)

Post Number: 21
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 1:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hang on... selling do you mean exchange for money? The email was most likely refering to an exchange of money, but it was never explicit or is this something like telling on them?No
did she make them work?No sell them for a few hours work?No or similarNo

May I suggest focusing less on the title, and more on other clues? It may be a bit misleading until we discover more.
Tsoram1970 (Tsoram1970)

Post Number: 659
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 1:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It - generally considered to be Big? Samll? Very Big? very small?

used indoors? outdoors?
Pram? pushchair?
Obaone (Obaone)

Post Number: 22
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 1:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It - generally considered to be Big? This, probably Small? Very Big? very small?

used indoors? This outdoors?
Pram? pushchair?
Obaone (Obaone)

Post Number: 23
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 1:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Pram? pushchair? Neither of these
Obaone (Obaone)

Post Number: 26
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 5:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Because this is my first puzzle and I am overly concerned with unfairly leading someone down the wrong path, I shall now clarify...
"Them" (the children) and "it" are directly and normally related.
My thought (the puzzle statement) and the title are laterally (and in my opinion hilariously) related to the situation. this probably doesn't help...but there you go.
Bodo (Bodo)
Username: Bodo

Post Number: 2082
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 7:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not clear here - was she actually trying to sell live, human children? Or was it that the wording of the email made it appear that way (e. g. a store having a Baby Sale)? Any relevant baby goats involved (they'll eat ivy too, you know)?
Obaone (Obaone)

Post Number: 27
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 8:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not clear here - was she actually trying to sell live, human children? No Or was it that the wording of the email made it appear that way (e. g. a store having a Baby Sale)? This is more like it Any relevant baby goats involved (they'll eat ivy too, you know)? Nope, nor little lambs
Bentarm (Bentarm)

Post Number: 1138
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 8:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was she actually trying to sell "it", but the wording gave the impression she was trying to sell the children instead? as well?
Obaone (Obaone)

Post Number: 29
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 8:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was she actually trying to sell "it", but the wording gave the impression she was trying to sell the children instead? not instead but... as well? Yes! Nearly Spoiled
Bodo (Bodo)

Post Number: 2090
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 9:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So something like "For Sale: children crib" or similar?
Bentarm (Bentarm)

Post Number: 1141
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 9:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"For sale: playpen, holds 4 children"?
Obaone (Obaone)

Post Number: 31
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 9:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"For Sale: children crib" or similar? Children, crib would be closer
"For sale: playpen, holds 4 children"? Haha, i nearly snorted my pepsi, but No. I suppose I could spoil here, but I think it will be more fun to figure it out all the way
Bentarm (Bentarm)

Post Number: 1144
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 9:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was there a typo in the ad? Or was it just badly worded? (badly, of course, being a relative adverb - here meaning "badly worded to someone who thinks like an LTPF regular")
Did she imply that the children were the main item for sale, and the thing (was it in fact a crib?) was to be thrown in for free?
Did she give a price in the ad? relevant?
Was this an ad in a newspaper? shop window? relevant?
Obaone (Obaone)

Post Number: 32
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was there a typo in the ad? I think it was a matter of ignorance rather than an accident Or was it just badly worded? The words, in essence were OK. It was poorly something-elsed (badly, of course, being a relative adverb - here meaning "badly worded to someone who thinks like an LTPF regular") So i see :-)
Did she imply that the children were the main item for sale, Yes and the thing (was it in fact a crib?) a bed, close enough for the puzzle tho was to be thrown in for free? No
Did she give a price in the ad? relevant? no
Was this an ad in a newspaper? shop window? relevant? Email, only in that it was brief
Bodo (Bodo)

Post Number: 2095
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 10:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Improperly punctuated? Comma instead of apostrophe? Some other punctuation mark instead of an apostrophe?
Obaone (Obaone)

Post Number: 33
Posted on Tuesday, September 25, 2007 - 1:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Improperly punctuated? Yes! Comma instead of apostrophe?Not quite Some other punctuation mark instead of an apostrophe? More like a lack thereof
Zenith (Zenith)
Username: Zenith

Post Number: 472
Posted on Tuesday, September 25, 2007 - 1:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

For Sale: kids, bed?
Obaone (Obaone)

Post Number: 34
Posted on Tuesday, September 25, 2007 - 4:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

For Sale: kids, bed? Good enough...

*******************SPOILER*******************
A few days ago I received an email from a client which read...

"Is anyone interested in a girl's white wicker bed? I am selling my daughters"

And thus I thought," Well I guess if she's selling her daughters, she won't need the bed anymore.

THE END

Thanks for playing
Tsoram1970 (Tsoram1970)

Post Number: 709
Posted on Tuesday, September 25, 2007 - 4:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nice one!
Obaone (Obaone)

Post Number: 36
Posted on Tuesday, September 25, 2007 - 4:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: