HeadOn [Crazypalpig] Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - October 2007 » HeadOn [Crazypalpig] « Previous Next »

Crazypalpig (Crazypalpig)
Username: Crazypalpig

Post Number: 1536
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 1:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I commented on mass. I slapped myself on my forehead.(This is a slightly silly but true story)
Booklover (Booklover)
Username: Booklover

Post Number: 686
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 1:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was this in school? math? science? physics?

were you hitting yourself because of embarrassment? or were you trying to prove a point? for every action there is an equal opposite reaction?

was your comment on mass correct? incorrect?

is the title headon relevant? does it have to do with the medicine headon? were you trying to use it?

Post Number: 1537
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 2:48 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was this in school? math? science? physics? None of these, though physics IS relevant

were you hitting yourself because of embarrassment?Yeah, mostly:P or were you trying to prove a point?No for every action there is an equal opposite reaction? No

was your comment on mass correct?Um.. irr incorrect?

is the title headon relevant? does it have to do with the medicine headon? were you trying to use it?No to all, its that now my family is ragging me on about headon because of the slap
Alex319 (Alex319)
Username: Alex319

Post Number: 389
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 6:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does "commented on mass" mean "commented on the subject of mass?" (as opposed to "commented while standing on a mass"?)

Was the "mass" you commented on the concept of "mass" in physics? The (physical) mass of a particular object? Some other meaning of the word "mass"? A pun or wordplay?

Was it related to Newton's third law (force = mass * acceleration)? How about the first or second laws?
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)
Username: Noobdogg

Post Number: 253
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 10:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Had some form of a head-on collision occurred prior to your comment?

Post Number: 1539
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 12:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does "commented on mass" mean "commented on the subject of mass?Yes" (as opposed to "commented while standing on a mass"?)

Was the "mass" you commented on the concept of "mass" in physics?Yes The (physical) mass of a particular object?Yes Some other meaning of the word "mass"?Yope A pun or wordplay? Yope

Was it related to Newton's third law (force = mass * acceleration)? How about the first or second laws?Nothing about Newton this time
Bentarm (Bentarm)
Username: Bentarm

Post Number: 1208
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 2:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is catholic Mass relevant?
Did your comment reveal that you had misunderstood something? failed to get a joke?
Tanvishashikant (Tanvishashikant)
Username: Tanvishashikant

Post Number: 69
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 3:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you comment on someone's obesity? Or someone's mass in general? Or was it an object's mass that you commented on? An animal?

Was your comment inappropriate in that situation? You slapped yourself on your forehead-which means you were embarrassed- is there any other relevance to it? Is it relevant where you were when you made this comment?
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)
Username: Noobdogg

Post Number: 255
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 4:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

u missed my question

Post Number: 1541
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 5:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Had some form of a head-on collision occurred prior to your comment?No, sorry for missing this

Is catholic Mass relevant? No
Did your comment reveal that you had misunderstood something?Yope:P failed to get a joke?No

Did you comment on someone's obesity?No Or someone's mass in general?No Or was it an object's mass that you commented on?Yes An animal?No

Was your comment inappropriate in that situation?Yes: VERY! You slapped yourself on your forehead-which means you were embarrassed- is there any other relevance to it?No Is it relevant where you were when you made this comment?No
Tanvishashikant (Tanvishashikant)
Username: Tanvishashikant

Post Number: 77
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 5:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The object that you commented on, was it on display? Were there a lot of people around you? Was it an exhibit of some sort? Was a person associated with the object? Was your comment made out of ignorance? After you made the comment, did you realize that the comment was inappropriate? Is it relevant how you realized this?

Was your comment considered inappropriate because the object was revered/worshiped? Is religion relevant? Is the object precious? Or rare? Was your comment offensive to anyone?

Is it a man-made object?
Bentarm (Bentarm)

Post Number: 1224
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 5:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the comment seem to reveal that you'd misunderstood something when you in fact hadn't?
Booklover (Booklover)

Post Number: 695
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 6:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did you think the object weighed more than it did? less than it did?

Post Number: 1542
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 7:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The object that you commented on, was it on display?No Were there a lot of people around you?Yes but irr Was it an exhibit of some sort?No Was a person associated with the object?Yes Was your comment made out of ignorance?Not ignorance, just not thinking After you made the comment, did you realize that the comment was inappropriate?Yes Is it relevant how you realized this? No

Was your comment considered inappropriate because the object was revered/worshiped?No Is religion relevant?No Is the object precious? Or rare? Was your comment offensive to anyone? No to all

Is it a man-made object?Yope
Did the comment seem to reveal that you'd misunderstood something when you in fact hadn't?No
did you think the object weighed more than it did? less than it did?No to both
Booklover (Booklover)

Post Number: 715
Posted on Monday, October 01, 2007 - 2:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

important what you were doing at the time? watching tv? a movie? playing a game? playing a sport? conversing? eating?

important where you were? inside? in a public building? in your house? den? kitchen? bedroom?

outside? your yard? a public place?

important whom you were with? friends? family? strangers? acquaintances?

did you use the word "heavy"? "weighty"? "weight"?

Post Number: 1543
Posted on Monday, October 01, 2007 - 3:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

important what you were doing at the time?No watching tv? a movie? playing a game? playing a sport? conversing? eating?

important where you were?No inside? in a public building? in your house? den? kitchen? bedroom?

outside? your yard? a public place?

important whom you were with?No friends? family?Yes strangers? acquaintances?

did you use the word "heavy"? "weighty"? "weight"?No to all

Post Number: 1586
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I didn't ever say the word mass in the whole thing. And the "Thing" is a body part. I think that's going to lubricate the way for you
Lynne (Lynne)
Username: Lynne

Post Number: 3418
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 4:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the body part the head, neck, shoulders, chest, arms, hands, belly, bottom, thighs, knees, calves, ankles, feet, toes?
Relevant whether the body was male or female?
Lynne (Lynne)

Post Number: 3419
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 5:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the body part the head, neck, shoulders, chest, arms, hands, belly, bottom, thighs, knees, calves, ankles, feet, toes?
Relevant whether the body was male or female?
Lynne (Lynne)

Post Number: 3420
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 5:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Now how on earth did that happen?

Post Number: 1587
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 8:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the body part the head, neck, shoulders, chest, arms, hands, belly, bottom, thighs, knees, calves, ankles, feet, toes?Head.
Relevant whether the body was male or female?No

Now how on earth did that happen?I have no clue, but it posted exactly 1 hours apart :D
Dlcygnet (Dlcygnet)
Username: Dlcygnet

Post Number: 976
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 8:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the phrase, "The size of a human head is 10 pounds." factor in? (Quote from Jerry Maguire?)
Lynne (Lynne)

Post Number: 3422
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 10:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you say 'you bighead' and actually the person was suffering from macrocephaly?

Post Number: 1591
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 12:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the phrase, "The size of a human head is 10 pounds." factor in? (Quote from Jerry Maguire?)No

Did you say 'you bighead' and actually the person was suffering from macrocephaly?I wish. The best questions are always the wrongs ones
Sixtyeight (Sixtyeight)
Username: Sixtyeight

Post Number: 791
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 12:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Relevant whose head you commented about?
did your comment include an adjective directly relating to the head?
was the head the core subject of your comment? or was your comment about something else and then the head was included?
is any system of measurement relevant to the head?

Post Number: 1601
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 1:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Relevant whose head you commented about? Yes- my own:P
did your comment include an adjective directly relating to the head? Yes
was the head the core subject of your comment?Yes or was your comment about something else and then the head was included?Nope
is any system of measurement relevant to the head?Yope for svv of measurement
Booklover (Booklover)

Post Number: 764
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 6:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did you mention the phrase "big head" or "egghead"? were you commenting that you were brainy?

Post Number: 1602
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 6:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did you mention the phrase "big head" or "egghead"?No were you commenting that you were brainy?Yes. The exact phrasing or terms I used are important
Bentarm (Bentarm)

Post Number: 1407
Posted on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 1:17 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did your comment imply that your head was dense (which presumably was the opposite of what you intended)?

Post Number: 1606
Posted on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 3:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did your comment imply that your head was dense (which presumably was the opposite of what you intended)?Yep. I think I can issue a

********** SPOILER ***************
One day my parents and sister were joking that my head was small, and contain little. I replied by saying that my head was dense, meaning either it could contain a lot of info, or really stupid. I think by saying that, I proved the second point. Oh well, I slapped myself on the head, and I'm still being teased about it. Darn speaking without understanding what you mean in the first place
And Pumpkin, to comply with your wishes, the spoiler is surrounded by spaces

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: