[BlazingPhoenix] Conspiracy, Shmierac... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - April 2008 » [BlazingPhoenix] Conspiracy, Shmieracy... « Previous Next »

Blazingphoenix (Blazingphoenix)
Username: Blazingphoenix

Post Number: 158
Posted on Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I figured she of all people would understand!

I have retuuuuurned! Nice to see you all, and good luck figuring out my puzzle!

Post Number: 159
Posted on Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 7:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oops...I've been gone so long I forgot to put my name in the title... could a nice admin do that for me please? Thanks!
Zephyr14 (Zephyr14)
Username: Zephyr14

Post Number: 182
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 5:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is she:
human?
real? fictional?
a public person?
somehow connected to you?
Eli (Eli)
Username: Eli

Post Number: 967
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 4:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is her age relevant?

era? or location? relevant?

Post Number: 160
Posted on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 6:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is she:
human? Yes
real? This one fictional?
a public person? No, just a friend
somehow connected to you? see above

Is her age relevant? No

era? or location? relevant? It's the present era, but it's irrel. to solving
Eli (Eli)

Post Number: 999
Posted on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 10:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you? or someone else? do? or say? something that you thought she would understand? would most people understand it?

Post Number: 161
Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 4:48 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you? or someone else? do? or say? something that you thought she would understand? She asked me something would most people understand it? I'd say a nice amount of people, yes
Eli (Eli)

Post Number: 1015
Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 6:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she misunderstand a situation? something you had said? or done? did you do something relevant prior to her asking the question?

Post Number: 162
Posted on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 4:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she misunderstand a situation? no something you had said? or done? this one did you do something relevant prior to her asking the question?Yes
Eli (Eli)

Post Number: 1021
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 2:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she see what you did, all of it? or some of it? Is your location relevant? Any other relevant people? any relevant objects?

Post Number: 163
Posted on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 - 7:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she see what you did, all of it? Yes or some of it? Is your location relevant?No Any other relevant people? Nope any relevant objects?Oh ho, Yes!
Eli (Eli)

Post Number: 1032
Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 12:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

one relevant object? 2? 3-5? more than 5?

Post Number: 166
Posted on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 6:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

one relevant object? Yes, just one

Ahhhh! Ask more questions! It's pretty easy! ^_^
Eli (Eli)

Post Number: 1043
Posted on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 8:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is this relevant object small enough to hold in your hand? up to the size of a chair? up to the size of a car? bigger than a car? Is it man-made? technology relevant?

Post Number: 170
Posted on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 8:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is this relevant object small enough to hold in your hand? yes up to the size of a chair? up to the size of a car? bigger than a car? Is it man-made? irrel. technology relevant?no, it isn't
Eli (Eli)

Post Number: 1046
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 3:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you hide something in your hand? If so, did she know what it was? Is the relevant object edible?

Post Number: 173
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 9:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you hide something in your hand? No, it was visible to everyone around me If so, did she know what it was? Is the relevant object edibleDogs are wont to chew on them, but in all other cases, NO it is not edible
Eli (Eli)

Post Number: 1047
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 10:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, dogs chew most things, don't they? So that's not going to help much, lol.

Is the nature of the object itself irrelevelant? Is it enough to know that it was there?

Post Number: 174
Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 8:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the nature of the object itself irrelevelant? You have to figure out what it was for the puzzle to make sense Is it enough to know that it was there? I was "using" it

Figuring out the hobby that she and I share will help you find out what the object may be, and will also help the puzzle along
Poprockssuck87 (Poprockssuck87)
Username: Poprockssuck87

Post Number: 9
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 4:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it a common hobby of people? or is it a very unusual hobby? is it a collection? a craft?

Was the object something you made? bought? is it indirectly associated with the hobby (something only you 2 know about...like an inside joke)?

At first I thought you may have proposed prior to the hobby comment...did you?

Post Number: 175
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 8:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

s it a common hobby of people? Very common or is it a very unusual hobby? is it a collection? a craft? neither

Was the object something you made? bought? this one is it indirectly associated with the hobby (something only you 2 know about...like an inside joke)? No

At first I thought you may have proposed prior to the hobby comment...did you?...No
Eli (Eli)

Post Number: 1050
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 9:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the hobby some sort of sports? do you both go to the same gym?

Does it have anything to do with arts? music? film? do you do your hobby indoors? outdoors? both?

Post Number: 176
Posted on Saturday, March 08, 2008 - 4:32 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the hobby some sort of sports? do you both go to the same gym? Neither

Does it have anything to do with arts? I suppose it could be this, but explore music? film? do you do your hobby indoors? outdoors? both?yes, both
Eli (Eli)

Post Number: 1054
Posted on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 9:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it painting?

Post Number: 177
Posted on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 5:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it painting? No... When I said that it has something to do with the "arts", I was using it very loosely. Think of what the "arts" encompasses in colleges for a hint.
Eli (Eli)

Post Number: 1063
Posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 8:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not too familiar with colleges, being Scandinavian, but let me try

some kind of sport? writing? reading?

Post Number: 180
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 2:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not too familiar with colleges, being Scandinavian, but let me try

some kind of sport? writing? reading?Bingo!
Eli (Eli)

Post Number: 1072
Posted on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 3:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So you were both readers? Are you both members or the same book club/ book circle? Relevant what type of books you like to read?

Post Number: 183
Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 2:49 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So you were both readers? yes! Are you both members or the same book club/ book circle? no Relevant what type of books you like to read? more so what kind she doesn't like, but it's not a "typical" genre, so be careful
Jenburdoo (Jenburdoo)
Username: Jenburdoo

Post Number: 20
Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 4:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the genre relevant? Is it a "subset" of a popular genre (like "historical" romances, or "alternate history" science fiction)?

Post Number: 184
Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 9:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the genre relevant? Is it a "subset" of a popular genre (like "historical" romances, or "alternate history" science fiction)? I think just to clear this up, I will say that the "genre" is "conspiracy theory" books. It isn't relevant to figure out which book it is, just to know that it's a conspiracy book. Now, figure out what she asked me, and why she should have understood.
Enjay (Enjay)
Username: Enjay

Post Number: 1024
Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 9:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she ask you something about the conspiracy book you were reading? Something that should hav been obvious? That should have been obvious just from the fact it was a conspiracy book? Did she ask you what the book was about?
Did she ask you why you liked such books? She doesn't like conspiracy books, correct?

Post Number: 185
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 9:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she ask you something about the conspiracy book you were reading? yes Something that should have been obvious? to fellow bookworms, yes That should have been obvious just from the fact it was a conspiracy book? no Did she ask you what the book was about? no, she knew
Did she ask you why you liked such books? close... She doesn't like conspiracy books, correct? Correct
Eli (Eli)

Post Number: 1090
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 11:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was her question related to the contents of the book? Or something else about the book?

Post Number: 187
Posted on Monday, March 24, 2008 - 5:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was her question related to the contents of the book? no Or something else about the book?no

HINT: Think of what she could have asked me that would make me think that she should know her own answer

Post Number: 188
Posted on Monday, March 24, 2008 - 5:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was her question related to the contents of the book? no Or something else about the book?yope

HINT: Think of what she could have asked me that would make me think that she should know her own answer
Eli (Eli)

Post Number: 1124
Posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2008 - 3:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was her question related to something that could be seen by the cover? (like the writer, title, or something similar)

Post Number: 207
Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2008 - 2:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was her question related to something that could be seen by the cover? (like the writer, title, or something similar)No
Eli (Eli)

Post Number: 1125
Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2008 - 10:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you think she should have known simply because she was a reader? or because of the type of books she liked to read?

Post Number: 209
Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2008 - 2:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you think she should have known simply because she was a reader? YES or because of the type of books she liked to read? just that she didn't like this kind, otherwise, it's irrel.

And to your earlier question, I should have answered Yope, but ONLY because she could see from the cover that it was a conspiracy book. Don't think so hard, the answer is really simple. What could she have asked?
Eli (Eli)

Post Number: 1132
Posted on Thursday, April 03, 2008 - 1:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was she frowning upon your choice of book? instead of being happy that you read anything at all?

Post Number: 213
Posted on Thursday, April 03, 2008 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was she frowning upon your choice of book? YES. You are very close instead of being happy that you read anything at all?Almost got it... Turn it into a question
Deep_embrace (Deep_embrace)
Username: Deep_embrace

Post Number: 10
Posted on Saturday, April 05, 2008 - 9:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she ask you:

Why you were reading that book? (Answer being, because you wanted to).
If you really believed in the content? (Answer being: Yeah!)
If the subject really interested you? (Also a yes.)

Post Number: 218
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 2:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she ask you:

Why you were reading that book? (Answer being, because you wanted to). YES!!!
If you really believed in the content? (Answer being: Yeah!)
If the subject really interested you? (Also a yes.)

It's finally a

******************SPOILER**********************

I was reading a conspiracy book on my campus when my friend walked up, saw the title, and promptly asked me, "Why on earth are you reading THAT?", to which I promptly replied, "Because it's a book and it's asking to be read!" I figured a fellow bookworm like herself would understand why I was reading a book! Sheesh!

Thanks for sticking with it everyone (Especially Eli) and I hope to have a new one at the bottom soon! ^__^
Deep_embrace (Deep_embrace)
Username: Deep_embrace

Post Number: 21
Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 3:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Woohoo! First solve!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: