[BeccaAnn] Silent Treatment Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - April 2008 » [BeccaAnn] Silent Treatment « Previous Next »

Beccaann (Beccaann)
Username: Beccaann

Post Number: 2038
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 6:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

He said what he really wanted was a burger, and for that I refuse to speak to him ever again. Why?
Arek_fu (Arek_fu)
Username: Arek_fu

Post Number: 221
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 6:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"burger" = hamburger? cheeseburger?
Vegetarianism relevant?

Is this from real life? FYOI?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 2039
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 8:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"burger" = hamburger? cheeseburger? either one
Vegetarianism relevant? no

Is this from real life? this FYOI?
Woodworm (Woodworm)
Username: Woodworm

Post Number: 1164
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 9:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A date? A boyfriend? Did he do something relevant that made you think he wanted something other than a burger? Were out shopping at the time? In a club? A restaurant?
Crazypalpig (Crazypalpig)
Username: Crazypalpig

Post Number: 1987
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 9:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did this happen at the Golden Arches (At least I think that was the name of your restaurant you manage?) Were you out of burgers? Would you refuse to speak to him if he wanted the ingredients? Did you not make burgers? All "hims" the same?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 2040
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A date?no A boyfriend?no Did he do something relevant that made you think he wanted something other than a burger?yope Were out shopping at the time?no In a club?no A restaurant?yope

Did this happen at the Golden Arches (At least I think that was the name of your restaurant you manage?)no, and my restaurant is the Red Clay Cafe, which is not where this happened either...but I'll go ahead and say that this happened partially in the restaurant I used to work at Were you out of burgers?FA Would you refuse to speak to him if he wanted the ingredients?yes Did you not make burgers?yes All "hims" the same?yes
Gourami (Gourami)
Username: Gourami

Post Number: 40
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 3:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you angry? Was this for his safety? Yours? Was this a game? Did you actually never speak to him again?

Did you know the man before this incident? A customer? A friend? A family member? HAM? Relevant that he is male?

Let me reask this question, just because double negatives confuse me...XD
Did your restaurant make burgers?
Grainbeer (Grainbeer)
Username: Grainbeer

Post Number: 254
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 3:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was his request "out of class"? Like, he ordered a burger at some fine dining place?

The part which (as I construe your previous reply) did NOT take place in the restaurant, was it immediately outside the restaurant? Related to that particular, or to some other restaurants? Did this part take place before the restaurant incident? After? At the same time (like, talking to someone in the cell phone)?

So he gave you the impression that he wanted something else than a burger? He wanted YOU (in one way or other... LOL)? Wanted service of some kind? Goods? Edible?

Anyplay with words involved here? If so, I see my limitations, as a Norwegian spoken person...
Tobasi (Tobasi)
Username: Tobasi

Post Number: 738
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he say this to you? someone else? in your presence? in the restaurant?
Would you have liked him to want something else?
Are any other people involved?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 2041
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 6:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you angry?yes Was this for his safety?no Yours?no Was this a game?no Did you actually never speak to him again?yes

Did you know the man before this incident?yope A customer?no A friend?no A family member?no HAM?yes Relevant that he is male? no

Let me reask this question, just because double negatives confuse me...XD
Did your restaurant make burgers?NO

Was his request "out of class"?no, not how you mean Like, he ordered a burger at some fine dining place?no

The part which (as I construe your previous reply) did NOT take place in the restaurant, was it immediately outside the restaurant?yes Related to that particular, or to some other restaurants?so yes Did this part take place before the restaurant incident? After? At the same time (like, talking to someone in the cell phone)? it involved being outside the restautant, then inside, then outside again

So he gave you the impression that he wanted something else than a burger?yesish He wanted YOU (in one way or other... LOL)?no Wanted service of some kind?no Goods?yes Edible?yes

Anyplay with words involved here?no If so, I see my limitations, as a Norwegian spoken person...

Did he say this to you?yes someone else?yes, to me and a coworker, together in your presence?yes in the restaurant?no
Would you have liked him to want something else?
Are any other people involved?
Enjay (Enjay)
Username: Enjay

Post Number: 996
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 7:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he want to make you angry? To tease or irritate you? Not sure if this has been expressly cleared up...did he order a burger at your restaurant? When you were serving? When you were with him? If so, did he know you didn't sell burgers? Had you told him and he hadn't listened?
Did he waste your time in some way? Like maybe making you prepare a big meal for him, then deciding he only wanted the burger after all?
Is payment for the burger relevant at all?
Could the same situation conceivably happen with another food? With a drink? If you managed, say, a bookshop rather than a restaurant, could the same thing happen with a book?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 2042
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 10:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he want to make you angry?NO To tease or irritate you?NO Not sure if this has been expressly cleared up...did he order a burger at your restaurant?NO When you were serving?no When you were with him?no If so, did he know you didn't sell burgers?He knew this Had you told him and he hadn't listened? not this
Did he waste your time in some way?yope Like maybe making you prepare a big meal for him, then deciding he only wanted the burger after all? yope
Is payment for the burger relevant at all? YES
Could the same situation conceivably happen with another food?yes With a drink?less likely If you managed, say, a bookshop rather than a restaurant, could the same thing happen with a book?very unlikely
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 998
Posted on Saturday, March 08, 2008 - 10:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he order a burger at all? Or was he merely commenting that he would like a burger?

Did he waste your time in some way?yope Like maybe making you prepare a big meal for him, then deciding he only wanted the burger after all? yope

Are the yopes simply because he wasn't wasting YOUR time? Or is there more behind the yopes?

Did his words make you angry because they made him seem like an unpleasant person? Did they make him seem rude? Cruel? Mean? A cheapskate? A thief?

Did he pay for the burger? Did he expect you or your colleague to pay for it? Was he telling you he wanted a burger so you would buy it for him?
Did he try to get the burger without paying? Did he try to pay less than he should have done?
Grainbeer (Grainbeer)

Post Number: 259
Posted on Sunday, March 09, 2008 - 5:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you expecting him as a guest in your classy restaurant? Had he ordered a table there? Was he invited to your restaurant for some reason?

Did he buy, or did he consider buying a burger at a flipper parlor outside your restaurant? Instead of taking a fine meal at your restaurant?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 2043
Posted on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 1:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he order a burger at all?no Or was he merely commenting that he would like a burger?yes

Are the yopes simply because he wasn't wasting YOUR time? Or is there more behind the yopes?
it was more like he was wasting my effort than my time...
Did his words make you angry because they made him seem like an unpleasant person?yes Did they make him seem rude?yes Cruel?no Mean?noish A cheapskate?well...hard to answer A thief?no

Did he pay for the burger?no, FA Did he expect you or your colleague to pay for it?yes Was he telling you he wanted a burger so you would buy it for him?yes
Did he try to get the burger without paying?yes Did he try to pay less than he should have done?no

Were you expecting him as a guest in your classy restaurant?no, FA Had he ordered a table there?no Was he invited to your restaurant for some reason?no

Did he buy, or did he consider buying a burger at a flipper parlor outside your restaurant?no Instead of taking a fine meal at your restaurant?no
Woodworm (Woodworm)

Post Number: 1177
Posted on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 5:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was he actually IN the restaurant at the time he made the remark? Did he tip you? Did he ask you to buy him a burger out of the tip? Did you forge a friendship with him between his entering your restaurant and the burger remark? Did you prepare a dish specially for him which he rejected, or compared unfavourably to a burger?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 2044
Posted on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 6:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was he actually IN the restaurant at the time he made the remark?no Did he tip you?no Did he ask you to buy him a burger out of the tip?no Did you forge a friendship with him between his entering your restaurant and the burger remark?no, FA Did you prepare a dish specially for him which he rejected, or compared unfavourably to a burger?yope
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 999
Posted on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 7:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So he asked you to buy him a burger? Or was it more indirect, sort of a "gee, I wish I had a burger...I wish someone would buy me one...hint hint"?
Did this alone make you angry, because you thought he should buy his own burger? Had you met him before this incident? Was there a good reason why he couldn't buy his own burger? Was there a good reason why he wanted you particularly to buy it for him (rather than anyone else)?

Had you offered to cook him a meal, but he asked you to buy him a burger instead? Did you make an effort to be nice to him, only to be snubbed?

If he had said anohter foodstuff would you still have been angry? If it had been a classier foodstuff than a burger?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 2045
Posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 2:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So he asked you to buy him a burger?yesish Or was it more indirect, sort of a "gee, I wish I had a burger...I wish someone would buy me one...hint hint"? not like this
Did this alone make you angry, because you thought he should buy his own burger?yope Had you met him before this incident?yes Was there a good reason why he couldn't buy his own burger?yope or yesish Was there a good reason why he wanted you particularly to buy it for him (rather than anyone else)?no

Had you offered to cook him a meal, but he asked you to buy him a burger instead?yope Did you make an effort to be nice to him, only to be snubbed? yes

If he had said anohter foodstuff would you still have been angry?yes If it had been a classier foodstuff than a burger? I would have been even more angry at this
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 2048
Posted on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 6:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hint: Finding out more about who this guy is will help you.
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 1014
Posted on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 6:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A friend of yours? Relative? Aquaintance? Or friend/releative/aquaintance of your colleague?
Is it relevant how you first met him?
Do you have a business releationship with him? Before this incident, did you know the man well? At all? Did you like him? Dislike him, though not as much as you did after the incident? Feel indifferent towards him?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 2049
Posted on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 7:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A friend of yours?no Relative?no Aquaintance?yope Or friend/releative/aquaintance of your colleague?no
Is it relevant how you first met him?yes
Do you have a business releationship with him?no Before this incident, did you know the man well?no At all?yope Did you like him?not really Dislike him, though not as much as you did after the incident?not really Feel indifferent towards him?yes
Peter365 (Peter365)
Username: Peter365

Post Number: 1007
Posted on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 12:05 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Had you met him previously as a customer of your restuarant? Had he complained about the service or food? Had he complained about you specifically? Was he looking for a free meal to resolve some greviance?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 2050
Posted on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 12:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Had you met him previously as a customer of your restuarant?no Had he complained about the service or food?no Had he complained about you specifically?no Was he looking for a free meal to resolve some greviance?no
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1011
Posted on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 2:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is there something specific about the man that we have not yet uncovered? to do with race? the language he spoke? did he use profanity in any way? Was he someone famous? were you dissapointed as his real life personna differed from your preconception of him?
Was he been flirtatious?

I never thought a burger could be so complicated!!!!
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 2052
Posted on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is there something specific about the man that we have not yet uncovered?yes to do with race?no the language he spoke?no did he use profanity in any way?no Was he someone famous?no were you dissapointed as his real life personna differed from your preconception of him?no
Was he been flirtatious?no

I never thought a burger could be so complicated!!!!
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1014
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 10:56 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The thing about the man : A physical attribute? his demeanour? his attitude to something? his manner? beliefs? prejudices?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 2053
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 12:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The thing about the man : A physical attribute?no his demeanour?no his attitude to something?no his manner?no beliefs?no prejudices?no
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 1027
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 1:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the relevant thing his connection to you and how you met him?

Did you share a mutual friend?
Did you meet him by chance? and strike up a conversation?
Were you introduced to him by someone else?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 2054
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 2:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the relevant thing his connection to you and how you met him? yope

Did you share a mutual friend? no
Did you meet him by chance?yes and strike up a conversation? yope
Were you introduced to him by someone else? no
Jenburdoo (Jenburdoo)
Username: Jenburdoo

Post Number: 37
Posted on Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 1:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Something specific about the man...

Did it have anything to do with his appearance?

Did he eat something else?
Were you eating?
Were you eating together?
What he said angered you?
Was it insulting? Or did it just hurt your feelings?
Was what he said in reference to a specific person?
Are we talking about a classic (beef) burger here, or something exotic like ostrich or buffalo? Is that relevant?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 2055
Posted on Monday, March 24, 2008 - 1:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Something specific about the man...

Did it have anything to do with his appearance? no, but his appearance bears somewhat of a relation to the specific thing

Did he eat something else? not sure
Were you eating? no
Were you eating together? no
What he said angered you? yes
Was it insulting? yope Or did it just hurt your feelings? yope
Was what he said in reference to a specific person? no
Are we talking about a classic (beef) burger here, or something exotic like ostrich or buffalo? Is that relevant? a regular burger, but not really relevant
Grainbeer (Grainbeer)

Post Number: 298
Posted on Tuesday, March 25, 2008 - 11:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Something specific... his clothing? Some other apparel?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 2056
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 4:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Something specific... his clothing?no Some other apparel?no
Woodworm (Woodworm)

Post Number: 1188
Posted on Friday, March 28, 2008 - 5:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would it help to know his job? His social status? Is he a talent scout? A restaurateur? A food critic? A restaurant inspector? A theatre critic? He's not the funny Fritz Kreisler fan again, is he?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 2058
Posted on Friday, March 28, 2008 - 6:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would it help to know his job?YES His social status?YES Is he a talent scout?no A restaurateur?no A food critic?no A restaurant inspector?no A theatre critic?no He's not the funny Fritz Kreisler fan again, is he?no :-)
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 1033
Posted on Friday, March 28, 2008 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, so, his job...
artistic/musical/writer?
Banking/financial/real estate?
Clerical/Administrative?
Computer related / Hardware ?
Construction / Craftsman ?
Education / Academic Research ?
Entertainment / Media ?
Executive / Management ?
Hospitality / Travel ?
Legal Services ? Law enforcement?
Manufacturing / Distributions ?
Medical / Health Services ?
Politics / Government / Military ?
Sales / Marketing ?
Technical / Science / Engineering ?
Teaching / Child care?
Transportation ?
Food Service ?
Sports?
Jailbird / Criminal?
Religion?

Did you know his job when you first met him? Did the burger comment give it away? Is it relevant when and how exactly you discovered his job?

His social status: lower than yours? Higher? Equal? Was he acting superior when he was really not?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 2059
Posted on Friday, March 28, 2008 - 9:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, so, his job...
artistic/musical/writer?
Banking/financial/real estate?
Clerical/Administrative?
Computer related / Hardware ?
Construction / Craftsman ?
Education / Academic Research ?
Entertainment / Media ?
Executive / Management ?
Hospitality / Travel ?
Legal Services ? Law enforcement?
Manufacturing / Distributions ?
Medical / Health Services ?
Politics / Government / Military ?
Sales / Marketing ?
Technical / Science / Engineering ?
Teaching / Child care?
Transportation ?
Food Service ?
Sports?
Jailbird / Criminal?
Religion?
none
Did you know his job when you first met him?yes Did the burger comment give it away?no Is it relevant when and how exactly you discovered his job?yesish

His social status: lower than yours?yes Higher? Equal? Was he acting superior when he was really not?no
Travis (Travis)
Username: Travis

Post Number: 33
Posted on Friday, March 28, 2008 - 10:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By "none", do you mean that he had no job, or that his job is not on the list?
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 1036
Posted on Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 11:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he have a job that was worse/lower paid/socially inferior to yours? A servant? A cleaner? Did he work for you, or had he at any point?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 2060
Posted on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 1:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By "none", do you mean that he had no job, or that his job is not on the list? I meant none on the list, but the other is true as well

Did he have a job that was worse/lower paid/socially inferior to yours?no A servant?no A cleaner?no Did he work for you, or had he at any point? no
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 1046
Posted on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So he was unemployed? Retired? Was he homeless? Begging on the streets? Could he not afford food? Did you offer to give him money,or give him shelter from the night, or buy a Big Issue (do you have those in America?) from him, but he said he wanted you to buy him a burger instead?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 2061
Posted on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 6:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So he was unemployed?yes Retired?no Was he homeless?yes Begging on the streets?yes Could he not afford food?supposedly Did you offer to give him money,no or give him shelter from the night,no or buy a Big Issue (do you have those in America?)not sure what that is, so no. from him, but he said he wanted you to buy him a burger instead?
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 1051
Posted on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 6:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you offer him anything at all? Did he follow you insde?

When you had met him for the first time, had you seen him begging? In the same place? Did he recognise you the second time? Had you offered him something then, and he now assumed you would do the same again?

Did you have reason to believe he could in fact have afforded his own burger? Had he seemed better off when you met him before? Was he operating some kind of scam or cheating people out of money?
Woodworm (Woodworm)

Post Number: 1194
Posted on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 7:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So, he begged you for food, and you offered him a nice meal of your own making? Perhaps from your own restaurant? And he offended you by saying that he would prefer a Whopper?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 2062
Posted on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you offer him anything at all?yes Did he follow you insde?no

When you had met him for the first time, had you seen him begging?yes In the same place?in the same area, yes Did he recognise you the second time?irrel Had you offered him something then, and he now assumed you would do the same again?no

Did you have reason to believe he could in fact have afforded his own burger?yope Had he seemed better off when you met him before?no Was he operating some kind of scam or cheating people out of money?no

So, he begged you for food,noish and you offered him a nice meal of your own making?yope or yesish Perhaps from your own restaurant?yes And he offended you by saying that he would prefer a Whopper?not exactly
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 1057
Posted on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 8:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you offer him a good nutritious meal, and he turned it down in favour of a burger?

Were you offended because you wouldn't have had to pay for the meal from your own restaurant but you would have had to pay for the burger? Did he expect you to go and buy the burger yourself rather than just give him the money and let hm buy it himself?

Did you offer him food at all? Or did you offer him something more useful in the long run, and he only wanted a burger?

Did your offer come with conditions, such as "I'll make you a meal if you promise to try and get yourself a job/quit drugs etc", and he replied "In that case I think I'll just have a burger"?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 2063
Posted on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 10:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you offer him a good nutritious meal, and he turned it down in favour of a burger? no

Were you offended because you wouldn't have had to pay for the meal from your own restaurant but you would have had to pay for the burger?no Did he expect you to go and buy the burger yourself rather than just give him the money and let hm buy it himself?NO

Did you offer him food at all?yes Or did you offer him something more useful in the long run, and he only wanted a burger?no

Did your offer come with conditions, such as "I'll make you a meal if you promise to try and get yourself a job/quit drugs etc", and he replied "In that case I think I'll just have a burger"? no
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 1059
Posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2008 - 4:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he ask you to give him money to go buy a burger instead of a meal from your restaurant? And you suspected he wouldn't really spend it on a burger? Or you were annoyed that he snubbed your kind offer? You felt he should have accepted what you offered?
Is the burger place a rival to your own restaurant? And you were annoyed that he wanted you to help him give them more custom?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 2064
Posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2008 - 6:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he ask you to give him money to go buy a burger instead of a meal from your restaurant?yes And you suspected he wouldn't really spend it on a burger?yes Or you were annoyed that he snubbed your kind offer?yes You felt he should have accepted what you offered?yes
Is the burger place a rival to your own restaurant?irrel And you were annoyed that he wanted you to help him give them more custom?no

SPOILER

I used to work at a place called the Pita Pit in Athens (it sells Pita Bread sandwiches). I was outside the store one day on a break when a homeless man approached me, told me he hadn't eaten in days, and asked if I could give him some money to buy some food. I had no money on me, and I told him this. Also, I try not to give money to beggars anyway...I donate to local homeless shelters and buy a meal when I can, that way I know how my money is being spent.
I went back to work, and within the next few minutes we received a call-in order. We made the order and then received a call back to cancel the order. We couldn't serve the food to another customer, so I took it outside and offered it to the man outside. He promptly refused it and told me that he really wanted a burger. I found the refusal to be a slap in the face, a beggar being a chooser, and have made it a point to NOT help that man when I see him around Athens.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: