[Howardwoman] A mathematical "yo' mam... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - October 2008 » [Howardwoman] A mathematical "yo' mama" joke « Previous Next »

Howardwoman (Howardwoman)
Username: Howardwoman

Post Number: 104
Posted on Thursday, October 23, 2008 - 3:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You may have heard of "yo' mama" jokes before. They have become a part of pop culture. Usually, they follow the format of:

"Your mama's so (insert insult here), that (insert punchline here)."

For example,

"Your mama's so fat, she jumped on a rainbow and made Skittles."

or,

"Your mama's so stupid, she thought a quarterback was a refund."

Today, while watching TV, I came up with an original one that I wish I had thought up fifteen years ago.

Can you figure it out?
Woodworm (Woodworm)
Username: Woodworm

Post Number: 1565
Posted on Thursday, October 23, 2008 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the fifteen-year period relevant? If so, is this because of something that happened in 1993? Or because of your age in 1993? Another person's age in 1993?

Would it help for us to guess what was on TV?

Does the joke refer to mathematics? Algebra? Arithmetic? Primes? Calculus? A specific theorem? A type of curve or conic section? Infinity? Imaginary numbers? Surds?

Does the joke make fun of the mother's size? Stupidity? Sexual mores? Boringness? Personal hygiene? Moral dubiousness?

Does the joke take the form: "Your mama is so [insert rude epithet] that she thinks [insert mathematical term] is [something or other]"?
Blazingphoenix (Blazingphoenix)
Username: Blazingphoenix

Post Number: 282
Posted on Thursday, October 23, 2008 - 7:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This reminds me of my friend's (who happens to be a math major) math pickup line:

Hey baby, wanna be my derivitive so I can lay tangent to your curves?

Ugh.

Did it happen to be something "a momma" on TV said?
Relevant why you needed it 15 years ago? Could it have worked 10 years ago? 5?

Post Number: 105
Posted on Thursday, October 23, 2008 - 8:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Woodworm:
Is the fifteen-year period relevant? Not really. I just remember that I used to say them a lot with my friends at the lunch table in 6th grade, 15 years ago. If so, is this because of something that happened in 1993? Or because of your age in 1993? Another person's age in 1993?

Would it help for us to guess what was on TV? Nope.

Does the joke refer to mathematics? Somewhat. It's a play on words. Algebra? Nope. Arithmetic? Yes. Primes? No to rest. Calculus? A specific theorem? A type of curve or conic section? Infinity? Imaginary numbers? Surds?

Does the joke make fun of the mother's size? This one. Stupidity? Sexual mores? Boringness? Personal hygiene? Moral dubiousness?

Does the joke take the form: "Your mama is so [insert rude epithet] that she thinks [insert mathematical term] is [something or other]"? Lol. Delete the word, "thinks." And you've got it.

Blazingphoenix:
This reminds me of my friend's (who happens to be a math major) math pickup line:

Hey baby, wanna be my derivitive so I can lay tangent to your curves?

Ugh. Lol, I'd run and hide!

Did it happen to be something "a momma" on TV said? Nope.
Relevant why you needed it 15 years ago? Nope. Could it have worked 10 years ago? It could have worked anytime from 30 years ago to the present. 5?
Usmcfink (Usmcfink)
Username: Usmcfink

Post Number: 27
Posted on Thursday, October 23, 2008 - 8:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is the rude epithet "fat"? Does the second part deal with adding? subtracting? multiplying? dividing?
Biograd (Biograd)
Username: Biograd

Post Number: 240
Posted on Thursday, October 23, 2008 - 9:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Hey baby, wanna be my derivitive so I can lay tangent to your curves?

Ugh. Lol, I'd run and hide!"

Because it's about math, or because the joke isn't funny?

As for the puzzle, is the rude comment about her physical appearance? intelligence? personality?

Post Number: 107
Posted on Friday, October 24, 2008 - 1:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Usmcfink:
is the rude epithet "fat"? YES! Does the second part deal with adding? subtracting? multiplying? THIS ONE. dividing?

Biograd:
"Hey baby, wanna be my derivitive so I can lay tangent to your curves?

Ugh. Lol, I'd run and hide!"

Because it's about math, or because the joke isn't funny? The part about math lol. I'm no good after Algebra 1 :-)

As for the puzzle, is the rude comment about her physical appearance? This one. intelligence? personality?

As the day progresses, I now see the corniness in my joke. You guys are going to groan when the puzzle is spoiled lol.

HINT: Think exponents.
Usmcfink (Usmcfink)
Username: Usmcfink

Post Number: 40
Posted on Friday, October 24, 2008 - 5:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yo mama so fat that when my boy told her to be there or be square she shot herself because she was too fat to be there and too round to be ^2!

Not even I'm laughing...and I usually crack myself up! It's the best I could do with exponents and obesity, lol.
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)
Username: Noobdogg

Post Number: 658
Posted on Friday, October 24, 2008 - 9:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hahah usmcfink you cracked me up, which goes to show how my sense of humour has degraded :-S

Yo mama's so fat, that she raises bread to infinity before eating it. (SAADDDD...)

After you recover from the barf-fit you most certainly experienced after reading that, do tell me, is the word 'raising' or 'raised to the power' relevant?
Peter365 (Peter365)
Username: Peter365

Post Number: 1499
Posted on Friday, October 24, 2008 - 11:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ha Ha . This is a cool idea for a lateral which could create a rush of yo mama puzzles (I hope)

Is the expression a square meal relevant?

My fav "Yo' Mama" is Yo Mama is so stupid she thinks the Gettysburg Address is where Lincoln lived

Post Number: 111
Posted on Friday, October 24, 2008 - 2:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Usmcfink:
Yo mama so fat that when my boy told her to be there or be square she shot herself because she was too fat to be there and too round to be ^2! LOL! Good one :-) I wish that was the answer.

Not even I'm laughing...and I usually crack myself up! It's the best I could do with exponents and obesity, lol. Very nice try.

Noobdogg:
Hahah usmcfink you cracked me up, which goes to show how my sense of humour has degraded :-S Lol that WAS hilarious!

Yo mama's so fat, that she raises bread to infinity before eating it. (SAADDDD...) Lol good try, but, that's not it :-)

After you recover from the barf-fit you most certainly experienced after reading that, do tell me, is the word 'raising' or 'raised to the power' relevant? Nope, buuuuttttt....

Peter365:
Ha Ha . This is a cool idea for a lateral which could create a rush of yo mama puzzles (I hope) Well, thank you! Don't worry, I've got another one for you :-)

Is the expression a square meal relevant? D'oh! You got me. That was too easy. Spoiler will follow. Great job, guys! I'll put another one up.

My fav "Yo' Mama" is Yo Mama is so stupid she thinks the Gettysburg Address is where Lincoln lived Lol another good one! I'll have to use that one someday.

Post Number: 112
Posted on Friday, October 24, 2008 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

SPOILER:
I think of the strangest things in the morning. Yesterday, my first waking thought was the following:

"Your mom is so fat, that the doctor told her to eat three square meals, but instead she eats three squared meals."

Great job to everyone who participated. You all are too clever! Check out my next yo mama puzzle, and thanks for my first spoil!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: