[peter365] No 26 your time is up Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - December 2008 » [peter365] No 26 your time is up « Previous Next »

Peter365 (Peter365)
Username: Peter365

Post Number: 1565
Posted on Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 3:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

seems to be a lot of new puzzles on the go at the moment but what the hell

Don't tell me your planning to eat that
Alhucema (Alhucema)
Username: Alhucema

Post Number: 155
Posted on Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 6:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Why? is it albatross?

Is it disgusting?
Vagary (Vagary)
Username: Vagary

Post Number: 144
Posted on Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 6:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

True Story?
Fictional puzzle?

Something actually about to be eaten?
Is [questionable object] actually edible (traditionally speaking, of course)?

Would you eat it?

Is it blue?
Green?
Orange?

Does it have multiple parts?

Is it hairy? Is it something I could shave?
Does it sweat?

Is the puzzle statement a spoken statement?
Is the identity of a person eating relevant?

Is more than one person relevant?
If so, are [1 < Integers list] people relevant?

Death or physical injury relevant?
Alhucema (Alhucema)

Post Number: 158
Posted on Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 8:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Birth relevant?
Obvious (Obvious)
Username: Obvious

Post Number: 70
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 5:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does this puzzle have anything to do with consuming something?

Did anyone actually eat anything?

Did someone say "don't tell me your planning to eat that?

Did someone do something that showed they were planning on eating a particular thing? was it food? something that would cause most people in the western world to be disgusted at the thought of eating?

Was it food? a previously living organism? One that had the capability of moving about?
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1566
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 10:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Alhucema

Why? therin lies the puzzle is it albatross? no

Is it disgusting? no

Vagary

True Story? yes
Fictional puzzle? so no

Something actually about to be eaten? no
Is [questionable object] actually edible (traditionally speaking, of course)? no

Would you eat it? no

Is it blue? in part
Green? no
Orange? no

Does it have multiple parts? no

Is it hairy? yesish but be careful Is it something I could shave? yope
Does it sweat? no

Is the puzzle statement a spoken statement? yes
Is the identity of a person eating relevant? FA

Is more than one person relevant? yes
If so, are [1 < Integers list] people relevant? 3 people are relevant two of which are having the conversation

Death or physical injury relevant? no
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1567
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 10:15 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Alhucema

Birth relevant? yes all people in this were born at some time (just kidding) . No birth is not directly involved in this puzzle. Were you thinking about placentas?

Does this puzzle have anything to do with consuming something? noish see below

Did anyone actually eat anything? yes. The crux of the puzzle is that it arose out of a desire someone had to eat something but eating has questionable relevanc after that

Did someone say "don't tell me your planning to eat that? not in as many words but the sense is the same

Did someone do something that showed they were planning on eating a particular thing? yes was it food? no the item in question was not food something that would cause most people in the western world to be disgusted at the thought of eating? disgusted no but puzzled baffled confused incredulous would all work reasonably well

Was it food? no a previously living organism? no One that had the capability of moving about? no
Alhucema (Alhucema)

Post Number: 173
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 10:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, that was exactly I was thinking about. Are you a mind-reader? ;-))

Was the thing to be eaten man-made? Or natural (such as e.g.a stone?)

Did the person actually intend to eat it? Did he/she eat it?

Can the eating be harmful?

Was the person supposed to plan to eat it male? adult? Relevant?

Was his/her counterpart in the conversation. male? adult? Relevant?

Was the third person involved male? adult? Relevant?
Alhucema (Alhucema)

Post Number: 174
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 10:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Prison escape involved?
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1569
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 11:02 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, that was exactly I was thinking about. Are you a mind-reader? ;-)) i knew you were going to ask that

Was the thing to be eaten man-made? yesOr natural (such as e.g.a stone?) no

Did the person actually intend to eat it? no Did he/she eat it? no

Can the eating be harmful? i imagine eating this thing would not do you much good

Was the person supposed to plan to eat it male? \bThe person was me but I wasn't planning on eating it} adult? i am Relevant? not especially

Was his/her counterpart in the conversation. male? adult? Relevant? The other party who spoke the words in the puzzle statement was an Human Adult male friend of mine}

Was the third person involved male? no adult? no Relevant? very

Prison escape involved? interesting but no
Alhucema (Alhucema)

Post Number: 175
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 11:05 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So you were talking? with your friend? about you eating something? and there was a little girl involved? listening? did she misunderstand what you were talking about?

Was the word "eat" used rather in a figurative sense? Which the little girl took literally?
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1570
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 11:15 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So you were talking? yes with your friend? yes and remember it was he who uttered the puzzle statement about you eating something? no just talking in general and there was a little girl involved? not in our conversation and she only becomes relevant in the explanation listening? no did she misunderstand what you were talking about? no

Was the word "eat" used rather in a figurative sense? no Which the little girl took literally? she wasn't present

it might be wise to concentrate on how i displayed my desire to eat something
Alhucema (Alhucema)

Post Number: 176
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 11:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you say it? Or just show it (like e.g. opening your mouth, grinning your teeth and roaring like a lion)?
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1571
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 11:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you say it? no Or just show it (like e.g. opening your mouth, grinning your teeth and roaring like a lion)? i often do this but not on this occasion
Usmcfink (Usmcfink)
Username: Usmcfink

Post Number: 218
Posted on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 2:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

were you going to eat anything that was not food but looks like food (i.e. - decorative plastic fruit or play-dough bakery delights)? Is the little girl human? Were you going to eat a doll of a little girl?! =)
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1574
Posted on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

were you going to eat anything that was not food but looks like food (i.e. - decorative plastic fruit or play-dough bakery delights)? no ..I was going to eat something perfectly normal my friend saw something which prompted this remark Is the little girl human? she most certainly is she's my 5 year old daughter Were you going to eat a doll of a little girl?! =) no .. I feel bad eating jelly babies let alone dolls
Usmcfink (Usmcfink)

Post Number: 225
Posted on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 4:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am detecting possible conflict in two of your statements, so I shall bring it to light in an attempt to clarify.

You had previously stated that this is not food, and people would be baffled if you ate it. You then remarked that you were going to eat something perfectly normal. Are these statements, in fact, incongruous, or do they just require further exploration?

Should we look at a looser definition of "eat/ate"? For instance, one could eat a pill, but this is not how we would typically define eating.

Is eating it only strange in a certain context?

I am glad you do not eat baby dolls.
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1578
Posted on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 9:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am detecting possible conflict in two of your statements, so I shall bring it to light in an attempt to clarify.

You had previously stated that this is not food, and people would be baffled if you ate it. You then remarked that you were going to eat something perfectly normal. Are these statements, in fact, incongruous, or do they just require further exploration? no there is no contradiction here. I was going to eat something perfectly normal but my friend saw something which i had no intention of eating and in surprise said the puzzle statement. Had i not wanted to eat something this puzzle would never have arisen. Think what i would have done to indicate my intention to eat something

Should we look at a looser definition of "eat/ate"? For instance, one could eat a pill, but this is not how we would typically define eating. so no in this puzzle eating is just eating

Is eating it only strange in a certain context? There are two things in play here one of which is what i intended to eat the other is the subject of the puzzle. Your mission is to establish what the non edible thing is and why it was where it was

I am glad you do not eat baby dolls. as is my little daughter
Doctapeppa (Doctapeppa)
Username: Doctapeppa

Post Number: 1379
Posted on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 10:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So you put salt on it?
Jenburdoo (Jenburdoo)
Username: Jenburdoo

Post Number: 525
Posted on Saturday, November 29, 2008 - 6:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Fugu involved? Anything else poisonous? Were you at a restaurant? If so, LPTF list of types (Thai, Italian, steakhouse, etc.)

Was the item on your plate? Or on the table? Or elsewhere? Was your friend aware that it was inedible/dangerous? Is that why he was incredulous?

Was the inedible item part of the presentation of your food (like wax/plastic toys on a birthday cake)?

Which of the following food groups were you planning to eat the time, and does the "inedible" item also fall into any of them?

- fat/sugar
- Dairy
- Veggie/fruit
- Meat/egg/other protein
- Bread/grain

Was your friend unfamiliar with the inedible item? Is he foreign-born?
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1579
Posted on Saturday, November 29, 2008 - 12:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So you put salt on it? on what

Fugu involved? Anything else poisonous? Were you at a restaurant? If so, LPTF list of types (Thai, Italian, steakhouse, etc.) no to all but my location is very relevant

Was the item on your plate? {no} Or on the table? no Or elsewhere? so yes Was your friend aware that it was inedible/dangerous? it was inedible which would be obvious to anybody Is that why he was incredulous? yes. He was wondering why the item was where it was

Was the inedible item part of the presentation of your food (like wax/plastic toys on a birthday cake)? no

Which of the following food groups were you planning to eat the time, and does the "inedible" item also fall into any of them? what I was planning to eat is not all that relevant more where I was going to eat it

- fat/sugar
- Dairy
- Veggie/fruit
- Meat/egg/other protein
- Bread/grain

Was your friend unfamiliar with the inedible item? no Is he foreign-born? no
Usmcfink (Usmcfink)

Post Number: 231
Posted on Sunday, November 30, 2008 - 1:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

were you at a feast of some type? a banquet? a buffet?

were other people eating around you?

to indicate you intention to eat, did you rub your belly? did your stomach growl? did you lick your lips? verbalize your hunger?
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1580
Posted on Sunday, November 30, 2008 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

were you at a feast of some type? a banquet? a buffet? no to these

were other people eating around you? no

to indicate you intention to eat, did you rub your belly? did your stomach growl? did you lick your lips? verbalize your hunger? I may have said something but i did something else which more clearly indicated my intention to eat but not one of the examples you listed
Usmcfink (Usmcfink)

Post Number: 238
Posted on Sunday, November 30, 2008 - 7:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

look longingly at a piece of food (or not food, i guess)? make a sound like, "mmmm"? seem distracted by hunger? signal to someone that you needed them to help you acquire food?
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1581
Posted on Monday, December 01, 2008 - 10:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

look longingly at a piece of food (or not food, i guess)? make a sound like, "mmmm"? no seem distracted by hunger? no signal to someone that you needed them to help you acquire food? no

ask yourself where was I when the happened and you'll be well on the way
Usmcfink (Usmcfink)

Post Number: 251
Posted on Monday, December 01, 2008 - 3:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

were you at home? at a relatives? a neighbors? at church? in the hospital? at a food shelter? doing charity work? on a boat? a plane? a train? in a box? with a fox??
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1583
Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 12:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

were you at home? yes now....at a relatives? a neighbors? at church? in the hospital? at a food shelter? doing charity work? on a boat? a plane? a train? in a box? with a fox?? lol but no
Usmcfink (Usmcfink)

Post Number: 260
Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 3:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In your last post you replied with "yes now..." Does that mean that it was not your home at the time? Was it a model home that you were considering purchasing? Was it a house for sale that you were looking at buying? Did the current homeowner have a delicious dish set out that was probably not for you but looked good and you wanted to eat it?
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1586
Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 3:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In your last post you replied with "yes now..." Does that mean that it was not your home at the time? no sorry I just meant now you're getting there. The answer should have been just yesWas it a model home that you were considering purchasing? no Was it a house for sale that you were looking at buying? no Did the current homeowner have a delicious dish set out that was probably not for you but looked good and you wanted to eat it? no it was my own house
Usmcfink (Usmcfink)

Post Number: 261
Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 7:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ah, icic. So, you're at home. Did this happen during a normal meal time? Breakfast? Lunch? Dinner? Midnight snacking time? Were you in the kitchen? Bath? Laundry? Family room? Dining Room? Hallway? Bedroom? Foyer? Coat room? Garage? Basement? Workshop? Stables? Hmmmm? Where were you then there? Mr. eats stuff? Hmmm?
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1587
Posted on Wednesday, December 03, 2008 - 10:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ah, icic. So, you're at home.yes Did this happen during a normal meal time? Breakfast? Lunch? this but not really relevant what meal was involved Dinner? Midnight snacking time? Were you in the kitchen? yes Bath? Laundry? Family room? Dining Room? Hallway? Bedroom? Foyer? Coat room? Garage? Basement? Workshop? Stables? Hmmmm? Where were you then there? Mr. eats stuff? Hmmm? not sure i follow the last bit. Your task is now to establish 3 things. What did i do to indicate my intention to eat? What did my friend see that was inedible ? and what was the inedible item doing there in the first place?
Usmcfink (Usmcfink)

Post Number: 275
Posted on Wednesday, December 03, 2008 - 11:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

heh, that's ok if you didn't follow. I was doing a family guy parody for the last part.

was the thing an office supply? a macaroni picture? man made? a gag object? something that would normally be found in another room of the house? if so, please use my list of rooms above.
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1594
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 10:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

heh, that's ok if you didn't follow. I was doing a family guy parody for the last part. I twigged that seconds after posting

was the thing an office supply? no a macaroni picture? no man made? yes a gag object? no something that would normally be found in another room of the house? no if so, please use my list of rooms above. hmm I feel another LTPF list coming on. Let's say it could be found in a bedroom or a playroom (major hint)
Usmcfink (Usmcfink)

Post Number: 279
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't know the word twigged.

Was it a mobile? play-dough? part of a "kitchen" set (like the play kind)? a toy soldier? A truck? A creepy crawler?

what I read above seemed somewhat confusing, in that you said it would normally not be found in another room (other than the kitchen), but then you said it could be foudn in a bedroom or a playroom. Could you clarify this?
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1598
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 10:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't know the word twigged. It means realised

Was it a mobile? no play-dough? no part of a "kitchen" set (like the play kind)? no a toy soldier? A truck? A creepy crawler? no to these as well

what I read above seemed somewhat confusing, in that you said it would normally not be found in another room (other than the kitchen), but then you said it could be foudn in a bedroom or a playroom. Could you clarify this? i'm sorry but i can't find where i said that but to clarify i was in the kitchen of my house when this happened and when my friend saw the man made object somewhere in the kitchen he expressed surprise because it's normally found in a bedroom or playroom. Hope that clears things up
Usmcfink (Usmcfink)

Post Number: 283
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 11:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ok, thanks for the clarity. I was referencing your response Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 10:20 am:

I had asked "was the thing...(other thing you said no to)...something that would normally be found in another room of the house?" to which you replied no. Then you said it could be found in a bedroom or playroom, which is where the confusion set in.

Thanks again for the clarity. I will have to revisit this in just a bit.
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1599
Posted on Friday, December 05, 2008 - 11:30 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ok, thanks for the clarity. I was referencing your response Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 10:20 am:

I had asked "was the thing...(other thing you said no to)...something that would normally be found in another room of the house?" to which you replied no. Then you said it could be found in a bedroom or playroom, which is where the confusion set in.

Thanks again for the clarity. I will have to revisit this in just a bit. oh i see that now. Once again apologies. WIthout you this puzzle would be as dead as a doornail
Usmcfink (Usmcfink)

Post Number: 284
Posted on Friday, December 05, 2008 - 11:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Like my two =(
Sunshine (Sunshine)
Username: Sunshine

Post Number: 774
Posted on Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 9:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you open the fridge? Was something unlikely in there? A soft toy? teddy bear? One of these gel thingies that can be chilled or microwaved?
Woodworm (Woodworm)
Username: Woodworm

Post Number: 1631
Posted on Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 5:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So one of your children left a (misleadingly) hairy, partially blue, plaything in your kitchen? And someone thought you intended to eat it? Was it a smurf? Something found at the bottom of a cereal packet?
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1603
Posted on Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 1:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sunshine

Did you open the fridge? yes Was something unlikely in there? yes A soft toy? yes teddy bear? and YES again..well done One of these gel thingies that can be chilled or microwaved? no

Woodworm
So one of your children left a (misleadingly) hairy, partially blue, plaything in your kitchen? well we now know that it's a teddy bear but there is an FA in your questrion And someone thought you intended to eat it? no they didn't think i was going to eat it they uttered the puzzle statement as a way of expressing surprise at seeing the teddy bear Was it a smurf? no Something found at the bottom of a cereal packet? no

your only task is to figure out why a teddy bear would be in a fridge freezer
Alhucema (Alhucema)

Post Number: 215
Posted on Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 6:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it dirty? Stained with chewing-gum? And left in the fridge to be cleaned more easily?

Was it put into the fridge on purpose(other than above)?

Or by mistake ?
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1606
Posted on Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 11:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it dirty? noish but be careful Stained with chewing-gum? nice idea but no And left in the fridge to be cleaned more easily? so no

Was it put into the fridge on purpose(other than above)? yes

Or by mistake ? no
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1610
Posted on Tuesday, December 09, 2008 - 12:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it dirty? a better answer would have been yope
Andy (Andy)
Username: Andy

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, December 09, 2008 - 9:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it a polar teddy bear...named Freezer?

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/9960168/FREEZER_COTTAGE_COLLECTIBLE_POLAR_TEDDY_BEAR_CUB.html
Sunshine (Sunshine)

Post Number: 775
Posted on Wednesday, December 10, 2008 - 8:49 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it a new bear? A potential gift? Did you have to hide it quickly behind the first available door?
Was it really old and well loved? Had it been washed? mended? an eye glued in? Does glue set quicker in the cold (lack of scientific knowledge showing here)??
Was it going from the fridge straight back to the playroom? or did something else have to happen to it in between?
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1611
Posted on Wednesday, December 10, 2008 - 10:10 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it a polar teddy bear...named Freezer? no i'm afraid not

Was it a new bear? no A potential gift? no Did you have to hide it quickly behind the first available door? no
Was it really old and well loved? about 4 years old and very much loved Had it been washed? no mended? no an eye glued in? no Does glue set quicker in the cold (lack of scientific knowledge showing here)?? i have no idea either but this is irrelevant
Was it going from the fridge straight back to the playroom? yes or to her bedroom that night or did something else have to happen to it in between? no
Woodworm (Woodworm)

Post Number: 1640
Posted on Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 2:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the old joke relevant? You know, the one that goes "come in number 9, your time is up" when boat number 6 has capsized? For instance, would it help to turn 26 upside down? 97?

Are you playing a trick on your daughter? Were you hoping that she would find him in the fridge? Were you hoping to return the cold bear to her room to make her "believe" that he had been out skiing, or such? (Not that children actually believe in any of that stuff: I swear they go along with it to humour their parents.)
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1619
Posted on Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 2:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the old joke relevant? You know, the one that goes "come in number 9, your time is up" when boat number 6 has capsized? For instance, would it help to turn 26 upside down? 97? no nothing like that. it's a bit cryptic but you have enough info in the puzzle as it stands now to make sense of the title . Meanwhile back to the important bit...

Are you playing a trick on your daughter? no Were you hoping that she would find him in the fridge? no she knows the teddy is in there Were you hoping to return the cold bear to her room to make her "believe" that he had been out skiing, or such? (Not that children actually believe in any of that stuff: I swear they go along with it to humour) it's a lovely thought but no. We have a genuine reason for putting him there. BTW his name is Lanzo because he was bought in Lanzarotte
Sunshine (Sunshine)

Post Number: 779
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2008 - 12:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Had the bear suffered a mishap for which time in the fridge was the cure?
Had something been done to it before it went in the fridge?
Did you daughter have a mishap and bear was going to be a cold compress?
Sunshine (Sunshine)

Post Number: 780
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2008 - 12:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does your daughter have a bear for each day of the month? Do they move around the house in the day time? A bear with 26 on its shirt?
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1624
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2008 - 2:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does your daughter have a bear for each day of the month? No but if you looked in her playbox you'd be forgiven for thinking she had Do they move around the house in the day time? so no A bear with 26 on its shirt? no. Don't concern yourself too much with 26 as it's not relevant to the actual solution it was a clue to the fact that it was a teddy bear
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1625
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2008 - 2:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

sorry nearly missed this post
Had the bear suffered a mishap for which time in the fridge was the cure? No Had something been done to it before it went in the fridge? no
Did you daughter have a mishap and bear was going to be a cold compress? not this either
Woodworm (Woodworm)

Post Number: 1645
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2008 - 5:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Teddy Roosevelt was the 26th president of the USA, and as a Sporcler I imagine this would explain your title. Spot-prize duly claimed? :-)

Back to the main puzzle:

Did your daughter know Lanzo was in the fridge? Did she want to put him in there? Was she hoping he would eat the contents of the fridge? Was he looking after your food? Monitoring your seasonal Guinness intake?

Any relevant puns involving bears? Will his name help us solve the puzzle, or would it work just as well for Brian the Bear?
Sunshine (Sunshine)

Post Number: 781
Posted on Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 9:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it in the fridge? or freezer? Is this relevant?
Did you place it there? your daughter? your wife? someone else?
If it's part blue, is it clothed? Paddington? relevant?
If you put Lanzo there, were you trying to teach your daughter something? to improve Lanzo somehow? to affect something else in the fridge? to continue a bed time story?
Lynne (Lynne)
Username: Lynne

Post Number: 3854
Posted on Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 12:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it relevant how long Lanzo stays in the freezer?

we had a toy dog called Rover because we bought him in Rovaneimi

Was he in there for his own protection?

Was he put there to hide him from someone else? Someone who had it in for him. Perhaps a cruel little cousin who was coming visiting and he is prone to destructive tendencies, and he wouldn't think to look in the freezer for him.
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1626
Posted on Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 1:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

woodworm

Teddy Roosevelt was the 26th president of the
USA, and as a Sporcler I imagine this would explain your title. Spot-prize duly claimed? :-) and duly awarded

Back to the main puzzle:

Did your daughter know Lanzo was in the fridge? yes Did she want to put him in there? she's ok with it but it's her mam or dad who put it there Was she hoping he would eat the contents of the fridge? no Was he looking after your food? no Monitoring your seasonal Guinness intake? no he's a teddy not a super computer :o)

Any relevant puns involving bears? none at all Will his name help us solve the puzzle, or would it work just as well for Brian the Bear? his name is irrelevant

Sunshine

Was it in the fridge? or freezer? yes it's the ice box part of the fridge Is this relevant? yes
Did you place it there? I did your daughter? your wife? on some occasions , he is put there every day someone else? no
If it's part blue, is it clothed? Paddington? relevant? no neither his colouring his clothes or paddington are relevant
If you put Lanzo there, were you trying to teach your daughter something? no to improve Lanzo somehow? hmm tough to answer so i'll say yope but be careful the desired effect is not to make him more cuddley or nicer to play with to affect something else in the fridge? no to continue a bed time story? no

Lynne

Is it relevant how long Lanzo stays in the freezer? yes he has to stay there for several hours

we had a toy dog called Rover because we bought him in Rovaneimi cute

Was he in there for his own protection? no

Was he put there to hide him from someone else? Someone who had it in for him. Perhaps a cruel little cousin who was coming visiting and he is prone to destructive tendencies, and he wouldn't think to look in the freezer for him. nice theory but wrong i'm afraid

keep trying folks there is a very logical reason why we put him there. In fact he's in there at the moment
Sunshine (Sunshine)

Post Number: 782
Posted on Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 4:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you didn't put Lanzo in the freezer daily, would he suffer? disintegrate? be unable to perform teddy like functions - like being cuddled? Is his covering material relevant? His stuffing? Is there anything in the ice box
with him? Ice cubes even?
Was he sold as a bear needing freezing? Is this something which has only happened in recent times?
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1628
Posted on Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 10:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you didn't put Lanzo in the freezer daily, would he suffer? disintegrate? be unable to perform teddy like functions - like being cuddled? no to all of these Is his covering material relevant? sort of His stuffing? no Is there anything in the ice box
with him? the usual stuff i.e frozen foods etc. Ice cubes even? and them butnot relevant
Was he sold as a bear needing freezing? no Is this something which has only happened in recent times? yes
Kaygee (Kaygee)
Username: Kaygee

Post Number: 50
Posted on Sunday, December 14, 2008 - 6:41 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Boy, you've got me stumped!
Does your daughter take Lanzo into bed each night?
Does she keep him close to her? or does he sit/lay at a distance from her?

You said this has happened in recent times...last few days? months? year(s)?
As a result of a specific event?
Sunshine (Sunshine)

Post Number: 783
Posted on Sunday, December 14, 2008 - 9:39 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is it to do with hygiene? health? cleanliness?
Does your daughter have any allergies?
Can dust or some other substance be removed more easily frozen?
Is Lanzo taken to playgroup or school?
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1629
Posted on Sunday, December 14, 2008 - 3:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kaygee

Boy, you've got me stumped! you'll kick yourself when you hear the solution most of which Sunshine has got
Does your daughter take Lanzo into bed each night? yes
Does she keep him close to her? yes or does he sit/lay at a distance from her? so no

You said this has happened in recent times...last few days? months? year(s)? we started to do this about 3 months ago
As a result of a specific event? yes

sunshine

is it to do with hygiene? somewhat but not as much as... health? this cleanliness?
Does your daughter have any allergies? YES well done
Can dust or some other substance be removed more easily frozen? not quite but dust is relevant
Is Lanzo taken to playgroup or school? no

next post will spoyle
Sunshine (Sunshine)

Post Number: 784
Posted on Sunday, December 14, 2008 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dust mites? Are they killed off in the freezer?
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1630
Posted on Sunday, December 14, 2008 - 8:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dust mites? Are they killed off in the freezer? very well done

***********Spoiler***************

Yes my little daughter has a severe Dust Mite allergy which causes her to get asthma like symptoms of wheeziness and bad chesty coughs. A specialist to whom we were referred asked if Trina had a teddy that she slept with. When we told him that she had he advised us to put him in the freezer to kill the dust mites before letting her take him to bed We also had to remove the carpets and curtains from her room. The improvement in her is amazing and she has had no recurrance of the attacks so Lanzo is destined to spend 3 hours of his day in our freezer for the forseeable future.

Thanks to all who played and well done to Sunshine for the the solve
Sunshine (Sunshine)

Post Number: 785
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2008 - 8:42 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Great puzzle - the true ones are always the best! Hope Trina's allergy diminishes as she gets older but glad she can safely take Lanzo to bed. Watch out for the reindeer, though....
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 1632
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2008 - 10:59 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks.

I guess that since he lives at the north pole in freezing conditions Santa and his reindeer are dust mite free.
Woodworm (Woodworm)

Post Number: 1655
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2008 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, but they have terrible mosquitoes.

I read somewhere that you can buy hypoallergenic teddy bears, which contain various acaricides, etc. They even breed hypoallergenic cats, apparently.

I think you have to boil the bears every so often. Obviously you don't do that with the cats, as they seem not to like it. :-)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: