[Pikachizzle] Coils & Coils... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - May 2009 » [Pikachizzle] Coils & Coils... « Previous Next »

Pikachizzle (Pikachizzle)
Username: Pikachizzle

Post Number: 205
Posted on Tuesday, May 26, 2009 - 1:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Shortly after his wife offered him some of it, both were found dead in his bedroom.

All he's = him's.
Both = him and his wife.
Absinthe (Absinthe)
Username: Absinthe

Post Number: 319
Posted on Tuesday, May 26, 2009 - 2:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The first draft of Genesis?

It = something one would ingest? Smoke? Use?
Sexual activities relevant?
Flemsneezy (Flemsneezy)
Username: Flemsneezy

Post Number: 56
Posted on Tuesday, May 26, 2009 - 2:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Death by natural causes? unnatural? injury? poisoning?

Any parties involved other than "him" and "his wife"? was death an accident? intentional?

time passed from offing of something to death is seconds? minutes? hours? days? months? years?

Post Number: 208
Posted on Tuesday, May 26, 2009 - 2:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The first draft of Genesis? No.

It = something one would ingest? Yes. Smoke? If you were a weirdo.. then sure. Anything can be smoked. The answer is no, though. Use? To eat.
Sexual activities relevant? I was thinking of posting something sexual as my next puzzle, but ... eh.

Death by natural causes? No. unnatural? Yes. injury? Yes. poisoning? No.

It doesn't really matter how they died, just that it wasn't natural. For the purposes of this puzzle, it was a physical injury.

Any parties involved other than "him" and "his wife"? Yes. Was death an accident? There were several deaths, and no. However, your assumption that both deaths are linked is correct. intentional? Yes.

time passed from offing of something to death is seconds? minutes? hours? days? months? years?
Reword the questions, I don't fully understand.

Post Number: 210
Posted on Tuesday, May 26, 2009 - 2:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm starting to regret posting this puzzle. It doesn't really... make sense, and it's more dramatic than it should be. It's very silly in the end.
Flemsneezy (Flemsneezy)

Post Number: 58
Posted on Tuesday, May 26, 2009 - 2:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

no worries, i think i have a good one that sounds similar that will be up in a little bit. as for you not being able to understand, that would be because of my horrible spelling...let me fix that.

How much time passed from her offering him something to their deaths: seconds? minutes? hours? days? weeks? months? years?

Post Number: 212
Posted on Tuesday, May 26, 2009 - 2:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How much time passed from her offering him something to their deaths: seconds? minutes? hours? days? weeks? months? years?

I'd say days or hours would be closest.
Absinthe (Absinthe)

Post Number: 323
Posted on Tuesday, May 26, 2009 - 2:35 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are their deaths caused by the consumption of "it"? Did he or his wife actually consume any? Was it suicide? Murder? Accidental?

Is "it" a foodstuff? A drug?

Post Number: 214
Posted on Tuesday, May 26, 2009 - 2:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are their deaths caused by the consumption of "it"? No.Did he or his wife actually consume any? His wife. Was it suicide? This. Murder? And this. Accidental? No.

Is "it" a foodstuff? Yes. A drug? No.
Absinthe (Absinthe)

Post Number: 325
Posted on Tuesday, May 26, 2009 - 2:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the wife commit suicide after murdering her husband? Vice versa? Was she offering him the food as part of some kind of test?

Post Number: 216
Posted on Tuesday, May 26, 2009 - 2:57 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the wife commit suicide after murdering her husband? No. Vice versa? Yes. Was she offering him the food as part of some kind of test? No.
Absinthe (Absinthe)

Post Number: 327
Posted on Tuesday, May 26, 2009 - 3:05 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the husband catch the wife having an affair? Doing something else that would upset him? Did he somehow figure out she was doing something upsetting by the fact she offered him the food?

Post Number: 217
Posted on Tuesday, May 26, 2009 - 3:15 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the husband catch the wife having an affair? No. Doing something else that would upset him? Yes.Did he somehow figure out she was doing something upsetting by the fact she offered him the food? Yes.
Absinthe (Absinthe)

Post Number: 330
Posted on Tuesday, May 26, 2009 - 3:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would it help to figure out what the food is?

Is it obvious what she's done wrong by the mere presence of the food? Is the food directly involved in whatever she's done wrong? (For example, the food is poisoned and she tries to kill him with it.) Is it merely a product of what she's done? (Eg., she killed someone and turned them into delicious sandwiches.)

Post Number: 220
Posted on Tuesday, May 26, 2009 - 3:30 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would it help to figure out what the food is? Yes.

Is it obvious what she's done wrong by the mere presence of the food? Yes.Is the food directly involved in whatever she's done wrong? Yes. (For example, the food is poisoned and she tries to kill him with it.) Not this.Is it merely a product of what she's done? This too.(Eg., she killed someone and turned them into delicious sandwiches.) Amazingly close.
Flemsneezy (Flemsneezy)

Post Number: 64
Posted on Tuesday, May 26, 2009 - 3:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Soylent green!?

sorry I'm not being productive i just couldn't help myself. By the way Pika that damn baby thing is all yours, i ain't got a damn clue about babies and placentas.
Absinthe (Absinthe)

Post Number: 333
Posted on Tuesday, May 26, 2009 - 3:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If it makes you feel better, neither does Pika. "Was the placenta in critical condition before she was pregnant?" -- pfft.

So the food is meat? Human meat? Animal meat? Did it come from someone they knew? (I'm classifying pets and other animals as "someones" for the purposes of this puzzle.) Does she tell her husband where she got the meat from?

Post Number: 223
Posted on Tuesday, May 26, 2009 - 4:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

LOL you guys are awful :3
I'll answer these in the morning,
I'm in bed on my iPhone.

Btw, isn't the baby puzzle solved?

Post Number: 237
Posted on Tuesday, May 26, 2009 - 11:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Soylent green!? No?

So the food is meat? Yes! Human meat? Animal meat? Yes! Did it come from someone they knew? (I'm classifying pets and other animals as "someones" for the purposes of this puzzle.) In that case, yes. Does she tell her husband where she got the meat from? No she does not.. but...
Absinthe (Absinthe)

Post Number: 350
Posted on Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 12:32 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the meat belong to a pet? A stray they'd befriended? A neighbour or friend's pet? An animal they'd been raising as food?

Is the meat: Dog? Cat? Horse? Fish? Rabbit? Turtle? Bird? Other mammal? Farm animal?

Did she personally slaughter the animal? Did she merely prepare the meat? Is she or her husband a vegetarian?

Post Number: 244
Posted on Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 12:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the meat belong to a pet? Yes. A stray they'd befriended? A neighbour or friend's pet? An animal they'd been raising as food? So no to rest.
Is the meat: Dog? Cat? Horse? Fish? Rabbit? Turtle? Bird? Yes. Other mammal? Farm animal?

Did she personally slaughter the animal? Yes. Did she merely prepare the meat? Is she or her husband a vegetarian? No.
Absinthe (Absinthe)

Post Number: 352
Posted on Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 12:49 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

IS IT AN ALBATROSS? Is the type of bird relevant, or merely the fact that is was their pet?

Did she kill it intentionally? If so, was the intent to cook and eat it? Was it out of jealousy -- the husband loved the bird more than he loved her? Did she prepare it as food to hide the crime? To punish her husband somehow? Did she like the bird when it was alive? Did the husband?

Post Number: 245
Posted on Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 12:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

IS IT AN ALBATROSS? No. Damn. I wish it was an albatross. Is the type of bird relevant Yes., or merely the fact that is was their pet? This too. It's just the husband's pet, actually.

Did she kill it intentionally? Yes. If so, was the intent to cook and eat it? Yes. Was it out of jealousy -- the husband loved the bird more than he loved her? Yes. Did she prepare it as food to hide the crime? Yes. To punish her husband somehow? Eh. Sure. Did she like the bird when it was alive? No. Did the husband? Very much.
Absinthe (Absinthe)

Post Number: 354
Posted on Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 1:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Okay, so. A woman is jealous of her husband's pet bird, so she kills it and cooks it. When the husband comes home, she offers him some of it, he realises what it is (perhaps because he can't find the bird?), and kills himself and his wife in a fit of melodramatic anguish?

Is the bird: A parrot or other exotic bird? A chicken or other poultry? Ostrich or other large, flightless bird? Canary or other small bird? Some other type of bird that's rarely kept as a pet?

If it's a parrot, does it annoy the wife by incessantly talking? If it's a goose or swan, is it kept as a guard dog? Has it imprinted on the husband? Does it attack the wife?

Post Number: 248
Posted on Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 1:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Okay, so. A woman is jealous of her husband's pet bird, so she kills it and cooks it. When the husband comes home, she offers him some of it, he realises what it is Correct.(perhaps because he can't find the bird?) but no. , and kills himself and his wife in a fit of melodramatic anguish? Yes.

Is the bird: A parrot or other exotic bird? A chicken or other poultry? This. Ostrich or other large, flightless bird? Canary or other small bird? Some other type of bird that's rarely kept as a pet?

If it's a parrot, does it annoy the wife by incessantly talking? If it's a goose or swan, is it kept as a guard dog? Has it imprinted on the husband? Does it attack the wife? None of these.

Figure out what his wife offers him and how he knows that it isn't what she says it is.
Absinthe (Absinthe)

Post Number: 355
Posted on Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 1:22 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's poultry, so it's going to taste like bird-meat they commonly eat, correct? Unless the husband refuses to eat the meat of this particular type of bird, out of affinity for his beloved pet?

Is the wife honest about the type of meat she's feeding him? Does she lie and claim it's a different type of bird meat? Claim it's not bird at all? Hide the presence of meat somehow (by mincing it finely, or serving it with lots of vegetables and spices)?

Post Number: 250
Posted on Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 1:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's poultry, so it's going to taste like bird-meat they commonly eat, correct? Yes. Unless the husband refuses to eat the meat of this particular type of bird, out of affinity for his beloved pet? No.

Is the wife honest about the type of meat she's feeding him? No. Does she lie and claim it's a different type of bird meat? YES. Claim it's not bird at all? No. Hide the presence of meat somehow (by mincing it finely, or serving it with lots of vegetables and spices)? No.

You're almost there. I'll give you a little hint.

The wife had planned the killing of this bird. Whatever the wife offered the husband, he was expecting, although it wasn't what she had told him it was.

God, confusing wording.
Absinthe (Absinthe)

Post Number: 357
Posted on Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 1:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is this meal Christmas dinner or a Sunday roast? Did the wife tell the husband she would prepare him a "special" roast, let's say turkey, but instead cooked his pet, let's say goose? And he realised she was lying because it was the wrong size?

Post Number: 252
Posted on Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 1:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is this meal Christmas dinner or a Sunday roast? Yes. Did the wife tell the husband she would prepare him a "special" roast, let's say turkey, YES. but instead cooked his pet, let's say goose? YES! And he realised she was lying because it was the wrong size? No, but VERY VERY CLOSE.
Absinthe (Absinthe)

Post Number: 358
Posted on Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 1:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It didn't taste/smell right? It was the wrong colour? She was eagerly eating it even though she wasn't a big fan of turkey?

Post Number: 253
Posted on Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 1:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It didn't taste/smell right? It was the wrong colour? YES! She was eagerly eating it even though she wasn't a big fan of turkey?

*****SPOILER*****
A man has been preparing his prized Goose for the Town Fair, and it's a surefire shot at #1. The prize money would be enough for him to buy a plane ticket and run off with his mistress to Hawaii. His wife, however, is jealous that his goose is getting too much attention and that he's neglecting her. Usually on Sundays, the couple eats chicken, and she figured that her husband wouldn't notice a little switch. She cooked the goose and prepared his plate. When he saw the goose meat, he noticed that it was dark meat, when chicken meat should be white. Realizing that his wife killed his goose and destroyed his only chance at running away, he killed her and killed himself to avoid the jail sentence.

CONGRATS TO ABSINTHE FOR SOLVING THE PUZZLE.

Significance of title: a coil of yarn can be called a 'skein' which also refers to a flock of birds in the air, usually geese.
Absinthe (Absinthe)

Post Number: 360
Posted on Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 1:50 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hah! Nice puzzle. I'm impressed the wife was capable of killing the goose by herself; geese are big, tough bastards. My mother tells me horror stories of when she was working as a vet and had to take a blood sample from a guard goose: in the end, all the blood in the vial was her own.
Absinthe (Absinthe)

Post Number: 361
Posted on Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 1:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Damn! Why did I tell you that? That would have made a good puzzle. :x

Post Number: 256
Posted on Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 1:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That WOULD have been a great puzzle.
:[
That makes me sad, Absinthe.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: