[GalFisk] Unfortunate Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - December 2009 » [GalFisk] Unfortunate « Previous Next »

Galfisk (Galfisk)
Username: Galfisk

Post Number: 833
Posted on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 6:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

She wore a nice dress; he died.
Yojimbo (Yojimbo)
Username: Yojimbo

Post Number: 187
Posted on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 6:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Galfisk is busy... how nice -- another puzzle!

She: HAF?
He: HAM?
does she know him (or: DID she...? since he's dead...)
cause-and-effect? did he die as a result of her wearing a nice dress?
location/time/profession relevant?
if she hadn't worn a nice dress, would she have died, too?
if he HAD worn a nice dress (or similar), would he still be alive?
Yojimbo (Yojimbo)

Post Number: 188
Posted on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 6:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

another thing:
"died" -- literal, as in ceased all metabolic activity?
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 835
Posted on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 6:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

She: HAF? Yes.
He: HAM? Yes.
does she know him (or: DID she...? since he's dead...) Yes.
cause-and-effect? did he die as a result of her wearing a nice dress? Yesish.
location/time/profession relevant? Location: yes, time: may help, profession: yope.
if she hadn't worn a nice dress, would she have died, too? No.
if he HAD worn a nice dress (or similar), would he still be alive? No.
another thing:
"died" -- literal, as in ceased all metabolic activity? Yes.
Yojimbo (Yojimbo)

Post Number: 190
Posted on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 9:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

his death: natural causes? suicide? homicide? an accident?
how long after she wore the dress did he die? minutes? hours? days? weeks? months? years?
location relevance: continent? country? state/province/other? city?
is his profession relevant (even if "yopish"?)? is hers?
is she related to him? married? engaged? friends? co-workers?
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 839
Posted on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 10:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

his death: natural causes? suicide? homicide? an accident? This.
how long after she wore the dress did he die? minutes? hours? days? weeks? months? years? Weeks or months.
location relevance: continent? country? state/province/other? city? Irr, assume USA - it's another kind of location that is relevant.
is his profession relevant (even if "yopish"?)?
***BLOOPER***
Their professions are irrelevant - but something a bit similar is relevant for both.

is she related to him? married? engaged? friends? co-workers? Girlfriend.
Alhucema (Alhucema)
Username: Alhucema

Post Number: 1421
Posted on Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 1:58 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is his death physically related to her dress (such as - he was driving a car, saw her, was distracted and his car crashed)?
Alhucema (Alhucema)
Username: Alhucema

Post Number: 1422
Posted on Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 2:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was he physically close to her when she was wearing the dress?

Did the accident happen immediately after he saw her? Or within the weeks or months as you indicated?

Or was the weeks' or months' delay caused by the fact he was injured immediately after seeing her but his injuries did not kill him on the spot?
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 851
Posted on Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 2:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Another BLOOPER:
She wore the dress when he died, they were together until about half an hour before he died.

Was he physically close to her when she was wearing the dress? See above.

Did the accident happen immediately after he saw her? Or within the weeks or months as you indicated? See above.

Or was the weeks' or months' delay caused by the fact he was injured immediately after seeing her but his injuries did not kill him on the spot? He died on the spot.
Jenburdoo (Jenburdoo)
Username: Jenburdoo

Post Number: 1958
Posted on Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 2:39 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Type of location relevant -- as in rural? Urban? Indoors? Outdoors? In the dark? In a vehicle?

Was it a wedding dress? Are their interests or hobbies relevant? Did she witness his death? Was she responsible for it? Aware of it?
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 852
Posted on Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 8:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Type of location relevant -- as in rural? This. Urban? Indoors? Outdoors? And this. In the dark? In a vehicle? He was in a relevant vehicle, but didn't die in it.

Was it a wedding dress? No. Are their interests or hobbies relevant? Yes. Did she witness his death? Yes. Was she responsible for it? Yes. Aware of it? Aware that she was responsible? She may have realized it when it happened.
Yojimbo (Yojimbo)

Post Number: 198
Posted on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 12:02 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

were they beekeepers? birdwatchers? geocachers? tramps? hikers? orienteering enthusiasts?
could his accident have happened in an urban setting? indoors? at home? at work?
did they live in the rural area where the accident took place, or were they visiting?
(seems to me I saw a "cause of death" LTPF list actually written out somewhere, but I'm not going to invoke it -- just funny, is all, that there's what I remember as an exhaustive list).
did something fall on him? was he attacked by an animal? did he fall?
was the vehicle in an accident?
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 857
Posted on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 12:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

were they beekeepers? birdwatchers? geocachers? tramps? hikers? orienteering enthusiasts? No to all.
could his accident have happened in an urban setting? Possibly.indoors? at home? at work? No to the rest.
did they live in the rural area where the accident took place, or were they visiting? Visiting.
(seems to me I saw a "cause of death" LTPF list actually written out somewhere, but I'm not going to invoke it -- just funny, is all, that there's what I remember as an exhaustive list).
did something fall on him? was he attacked by an animal? did he fall? This.
was the vehicle in an accident? No.
Kaygee (Kaygee)
Username: Kaygee

Post Number: 365
Posted on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 6:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he fall from the relevant vehicle? Was it a plane? or helicopter?
Were they skydivers? Stuntmen? (or would that be "stuntpeople"?:-) Siteseers? Law Enforcement? Storm chasers? Traffic Reporters?
Kaygee (Kaygee)
Username: Kaygee

Post Number: 366
Posted on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 6:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oops...forgive the misspelling of sightseers!
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 860
Posted on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 10:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he fall from the relevant vehicle? Yes. Was it a plane? This. or helicopter?
Were they skydivers? He was. Notice a pattern to some of my puzzles? ;-) Stuntmen? (or would that be "stuntpeople"?:-) Sightseers? Law Enforcement? Storm chasers? Traffic Reporters? She was neither, but her hobby is also relevant.
Yojimbo (Yojimbo)

Post Number: 202
Posted on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 11:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

[yes, Galfisk, I recall skydiving in your puzzle about the plane engines...& btw, nice insight, Kaygee.]
was her dress made from part of his parachute, causing it to fail?
(that would be the Looney Tunes version).
Did he have a skydiving accident?
Did his parachute fail to open? was it damaged?
did he neglect to "pack" or "check" it himself, as I'm told safe skydivers do?
was his parachute missing just enough material to make a nice dress? and possibly also a necktie?
Was she a sewer or seamstress?
They were together a half hour before he died; he went up in a plane, and jumped from it, but died in the fall. Accurate summary?
was the relevance of the nice dress that she wore it, or the dress itself?
had she ever worn the dress when he was skydiving? is that relevant?
(as I recall, she wore it "weeks or months" before he died...)
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 862
Posted on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 12:21 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was her dress made from part of his parachute, causing it to fail? Exactly!

******SPOILER******
A show parachutist was dead
And his mistress was out of her head
'Cause the dress she had made
For the show and parade
Was from silk she had found in the shed
Yojimbo (Yojimbo)

Post Number: 204
Posted on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 1:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

that's crazy.
Now, that last set of questions looks silly, doesn't it?
Nice puzzle, Galfisk.
Bring on another!
I'm contemplating one as well...
Jenburdoo (Jenburdoo)
Username: Jenburdoo

Post Number: 1973
Posted on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 4:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Heeeeee.... that's hilarious! Now I want to go and look up clean limericks -- I know some dirty ones that would make good puzzles, but this is a family board.
Tommyp (Tommyp)
Username: Tommyp

Post Number: 1048
Posted on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 9:48 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Reminds me of the movie "Enchanted", where the "princess-to-be" makes her dresses out of curtains all the time...

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: