[Biograd] How silly Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - September 2010 » [Biograd] How silly « Previous Next »

Biograd (Biograd)
Username: Biograd

Post Number: 932
Posted on Friday, August 27, 2010 - 2:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To bluft likely causes either annoyance or laughter (or both). Many if not most people (including myself) have blufted at some point in their lives. Explain.

Note: I did not come up with this because I recently blufted. The idea just came to me randomly.
It_so_happened (It_so_happened)
Username: It_so_happened

Post Number: 534
Posted on Friday, August 27, 2010 - 4:39 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it a biological function?
Speech/language related?
A physical action?
Can a child bluft?
Does blufting make a sound?
A smell?
A sight?
Biograd (Biograd)

Post Number: 935
Posted on Friday, August 27, 2010 - 7:58 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it a biological function? No
Speech/language related? No
A physical action? Yope. Part of the action itself is physical, and part is mental. And the definition also involves the physical state of something, though that's not an "action".
Can a child bluft? Yes, in fact I'd not be surprised if they do it more than adults
Does blufting make a sound? Not in particular
A smell? No
A sight? Yes, in the sense it can be observed
Rbruma (Rbruma)
Username: Rbruma

Post Number: 108
Posted on Friday, August 27, 2010 - 8:49 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you bluft intentionally? Unintentionally? It can be observed -- are your hands shaking? Do you choke? Are you nervous / anxious when you bluft? Do you make a mistake? Possibly annoying someone while amusing someone else?
Galfisk (Galfisk)
Username: Galfisk

Post Number: 3152
Posted on Friday, August 27, 2010 - 10:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you need an object to bluft? Do you bluft with your: fingers? Hands? Arms? Elbows? Shoulders? Toes? Feet? Legs? Knees? Hips? Face? Head? Hair? Mouth? Eyes? Nose? Lungs? Chest? Back? Stomach? Butt? Genitals? Brain?
Is it done primarily to annoy? Or to amuse? Or are these only side effects?
Can you bluft someone? Bluft something? Bluft yourself? bluft on behalf of someone else? Bluft at someone? Bluft to someone?
Is blufting considered rude? Inappropriate? Is it a gesture?
Did you add the note because we might think less of you if you did in fact recently bluft?
Is it usually done in a certain place? If so: at home? Work? travel? Store? Park? Public area? Is there a point to blufting alone? Can you get better at blufting with practice? Can you bluft for a living?
Biograd (Biograd)

Post Number: 939
Posted on Friday, August 27, 2010 - 11:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you bluft intentionally? Unintentionally? This It can be observed -- are your hands shaking? No Do you choke? No Are you nervous / anxious when you bluft? Probably no, though I guess being nervous could make you more likely to bluft Do you make a mistake? Yesish Possibly annoying someone while amusing someone else? Yes as worded, but possible FA

Do you need an object to bluft? Yesish Do you bluft with your: fingers? Hands? Arms? Elbows? Shoulders? Toes? Feet? Legs? Knees? Hips? Face? Head? Hair? Mouth? Eyes? Nose? Lungs? Chest? Back? Stomach? Butt? Genitals? Brain? Wow, that's a long list! You probably use your fingers, hands, arms, and brain, though the physical means of the action is rather irrelevant
Is it done primarily to annoy? Or to amuse? Or are these only side effects? This, and possible FA
Can you bluft someone? No Bluft something? I would not have worded it this way, but there is an "object" to blufting Bluft yourself? No bluft on behalf of someone else? No Bluft at someone? No Bluft to someone? No
Is blufting considered rude? Inappropriate? Is it a gesture? No to all.
Did you add the note because we might think less of you if you did in fact recently bluft? Not particularly, if you did think less of me then it would be only in a joking manner
Is it usually done in a certain place? No If so: at home? Work? travel? Store? Park? Public area? Is there a point to blufting alone? No, and very likely FA Can you get better at blufting with practice? No, but one would much more likely practice not blufting, which may work Can you bluft for a living? No. And you would probably LOL if you knew what it was when this was asked
Biograd (Biograd)

Post Number: 940
Posted on Friday, August 27, 2010 - 11:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, and minor blooper, add "Eyes" to what would be used when blufting. They are almost certain to be used. But again, it's mostly irrelevant, I just didn't want you to rule things out because of that.
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 3642
Posted on Saturday, August 28, 2010 - 12:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does one need a computer to bluft? LTPF relevant to blufting?
Biograd (Biograd)

Post Number: 941
Posted on Saturday, August 28, 2010 - 1:05 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does one need a computer to bluft? LTPF relevant to blufting? No to both
It_so_happened (It_so_happened)
Username: It_so_happened

Post Number: 548
Posted on Saturday, August 28, 2010 - 5:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does it involve communication at all?
Can you bluft alone?
Does the act of blufting last: a split second? multiple seconds? a minute? more?
Can you bluft while standing? sitting? lying down? While in a car?
Biograd (Biograd)

Post Number: 942
Posted on Saturday, August 28, 2010 - 5:49 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does it involve communication at all? No
Can you bluft alone? Yes
Does the act of blufting last: a split second? multiple seconds? a minute? more? Probably a minute or more
Can you bluft while standing? sitting? lying down? While in a car? Yes to all, at least in theory
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 3650
Posted on Saturday, August 28, 2010 - 7:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does blufting involve a certain facial expression? Thinking? Any type of puzzle? Or game? Or sport?
Biograd (Biograd)

Post Number: 944
Posted on Saturday, August 28, 2010 - 9:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does blufting involve a certain facial expression? Thinking? Well, what you are thinking is relevant. But it doesn't require any real intelligence to do Any type of puzzle? Or game? Or sport? No to all the rest
Galfisk (Galfisk)
Username: Galfisk

Post Number: 3163
Posted on Sunday, August 29, 2010 - 8:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is clothing involved? Is blufting forgetting to put on a piece of clothing? Or wearing it incorrectly? Or the wrong one? Is it to forget zipping your fly?
Biograd (Biograd)

Post Number: 946
Posted on Monday, August 30, 2010 - 12:24 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is clothing involved? Yes to yope Is blufting forgetting to put on a piece of clothing? No but OTRT! Or wearing it incorrectly? No Or the wrong one? No Is it to forget zipping your fly? No
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 3688
Posted on Monday, August 30, 2010 - 5:02 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is blufting putting on extra clothing? Putting clothing on backwards? Is packing clothing relevant? Like for on a trip? Overpacking? Underpacking? Forgetting to wear a piece of clothing? Forgetting where a piece of clothing is? Is it "losing" one's glasses, only to find them on one's head? Or to find one is wearing them?
Biograd (Biograd)

Post Number: 947
Posted on Monday, August 30, 2010 - 8:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow, nice leap

Is blufting putting on extra clothing? No Putting clothing on backwards? No Is packing clothing relevant? No Like for on a trip? Overpacking? Underpacking? Forgetting to wear a piece of clothing? No Forgetting where a piece of clothing is? Yesish Is it "losing" one's glasses, only to find them on one's head? Or to find one is wearing them? Both of these last two are examples of blufting, so I'll declare that a

****************SPOILER**************************

Bluft--to look all around you for an object, such as an article of clothing, only to find that one is wearing said object on one's person

Now we get to see if everyone on this forum has blufted before...
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 3699
Posted on Monday, August 30, 2010 - 6:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, yes, and yes. I used to wear glasses (for about two months), and never blufted with those, but I've done that with sunglasses, my cell phone, wallet, keys, iPod....Nice puzzle!
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 3700
Posted on Monday, August 30, 2010 - 6:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

...and a shirt, as well. No, I don't know how I forgot I was wearing that shirt.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: