[Kayleetonkslupin ] Veggie Tales (A S... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - September 2010 » [Kayleetonkslupin ] Veggie Tales (A Scrund) « Previous Next »

Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 90
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 7:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When I was little, I had a scrund about a certain man. It's rather unbelievable to me now, lol.
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 4964
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 7:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The man: HAM? (This is the LTPF - you never know.)

Is he a real person? A fictional character? Was he alive in [LTPF list of centuries]? Is he a legendary figure? Is he well-known around the world? Only in certain countries? If fictional, was the work of fiction first published in [LTPF list of centuries]?

Post Number: 91
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 8:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The man: HAM? Yes, HAM. This time. *grins*
(This is the LTPF - you never know.) I think you learned your lesson in my first puzzle. Hah!

Is he a real person? He is.
A fictional character? A bit of this too, as it's the name he's using that caused the scrund.
Was he alive in [LTPF list of centuries]? 20th and possibly 21st...I'm not sure if he's still alive.
Is he a legendary figure? Only to the local five year olds! Haha, no, probably not.
Is he well-known around the world? Er, I wouldn't know. I don't think so.
Only in certain countries? To avoid the LTPF list, I'll just say the relevant country is the United States, although I don't even know if he's known everywhere in the US or just here.
If fictional, was the work of fiction first published in [LTPF list of centuries]? So not this.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4974
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 8:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he use a pseudonym? Is he a singer? Is he on television? A children's show?

Post Number: 93
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 8:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he use a pseudonym? he did indeed and it was the cause of the scrund
Is he a singer? I do not recall him singing, his entertainment value lay in another direction
Is he on television? if he is or was, I was unaware, I saw him elsewhere
A children's show? I suppose you could call it a children's show for svv of "children's show"...his targeted audience was children, but not on tv AFAIK
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4976
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 8:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you think his pseudonym was his real name? Did he wear a costume? Is he a comedian? Is he an actor? In films? In theater?

Post Number: 94
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 8:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you think his pseudonym was his real name? Yes, that's part of it...
Did he wear a costume? You might call it that, but I don't want to start an FA...
Is he a comedian? He was certainly that, although that wasn't his main job description...still, this is the closest you've gotten.
Is he an actor? Sort of, but not a famous one outside our local area, AFAIK.
In films? No.
In theater? This is closer but still OTWT.
Rbruma (Rbruma)
Username: Rbruma

Post Number: 342
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 8:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So, if he is not that famous, should we better look about the pseudonym / name part instead of trying to pin-point the guy?

Post Number: 96
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 9:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So, if he is not that famous, should we better look about the pseudonym / name part instead of trying to pin-point the guy?
Yeah, that's a MUCH better plan, LOLOL! He is, AFAIK, only locally famous, but you can probably come up with the name anyway. The title of this puzzle is relevant.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4980
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 10:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, I was humming the VeggieTales theme song for about fifteen minutes straight once I saw the puzzle title, so is VeggieTales relevant?

Post Number: 101
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 10:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, I was humming the VeggieTales theme song for about fifteen minutes straight once I saw the puzzle title, so is VeggieTales relevant?No, lol. Sorry, that FA was my fault. A certain vegetable is relevant, though.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4985
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 10:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carrot Top?

Post Number: 102
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 10:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carrot Top?
No carrots, lol. Sorry!
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4989
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 10:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Vegetable: Pumpkin? Tomato? Broccoli? Squash? Celery? Cauliflower? Beans? Peas?

Post Number: 104
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 10:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Vegetable: A partial LTPF list of veggies here I see, though not complete.
Pumpkin? No.
Tomato? Fruit.
Broccoli? Right color, but no.
Squash? No.
Celery? No.
Cauliflower? No, lol.
Beans? No
Peas? Give Peas A Chance! Lol, no.

Post Number: 105
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 10:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Although this vegetable may be botanically a fruit too, so I'll give Tomato a pass on the LTPF list of vegetables, but tomato is still not it.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5000
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was going to make that Give Peas a Chance joke!...Great minds think alike, I guess.

Potato?

Post Number: 107
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 10:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was going to make that Give Peas a Chance joke!...Great minds think alike, I guess.

Potato?

Potatoes are green now? I suppose an unripe one...Heh. They're a bit longer and thinner than your average potato. Also, the false name was made up of three words, only one of which was the vegetable.
Woodworm (Woodworm)
Username: Woodworm

Post Number: 1996
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 10:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was he the Mirliton Man? And he was selling mirlitons, but you thought he actually resembled one? That sort of idea?

Surely not Mr Bean?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5003
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 10:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow...that's what happens when I zone out while reading the previous answers. =P

Green beans? Just "beans"?

Post Number: 111
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 10:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was he the Mirliton Man? And he was selling mirlitons, but you thought he actually resembled one? That sort of idea?

I do not know what a Mirliton Man or a Mirliton is, so I am afraid not. However, he was not selling vegetables, if indeed a Mirliton is a vegetable. He did sell something, but that was not the point of his performance. The things he sold did relate to his performance, however.

Surely not Mr Bean? Most definitely not.

Wow...that's what happens when I zone out while reading the previous answers. =P Apparently...

Green beans? Just "beans"? There are no beans, present, green or otherwise, in the making of this puzzle. The vegetable in question is much larger and wider than a green bean.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5008
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 11:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Zucchini?

Post Number: 112
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 11:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Zucchini?
Indeed! "Zucchini" was the relevant part of his stage name, which was *word 1* *word 2* Zucchini. What's left to find out is
1. The rest of his name
2. What my scrund about it (and therefore him) was
3. Who he was (that is, what he did for a living...even *I* don't know his real name)
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5013
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 11:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was he a comedian?

Post Number: 113
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 11:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was he a comedian?
Yesish. He used comedy in his act, but that was not exactly what he was.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5019
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 11:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you think he was a vegetarian?

Post Number: 114
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you think he was a vegetarian?
*giggle* Not exactly. I was only a little kid when I had this scrund, remember. I was cured of it by the time I was about seven or so.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5020
Posted on Friday, September 24, 2010 - 1:24 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you think he was actually a zucchini?

Post Number: 115
Posted on Friday, September 24, 2010 - 2:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you think he was actually a zucchini?
Pretty much, yeah, I thought he was made of zucchini!! LOL!! Now, you still have to figure out what he did and what the rest of his appellation was...HINT: *article* *adjective* Zucchini.
It_so_happened (It_so_happened)
Username: It_so_happened

Post Number: 650
Posted on Friday, September 24, 2010 - 3:24 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Meanie Zucchini? Did it rhyme similarly? Did he write/perform music?

Post Number: 116
Posted on Friday, September 24, 2010 - 4:19 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Meanie Zucchini? Did it rhyme similarly? Did he write/perform music?

Ah. two out of three words ISH! You do not disappoint! it did not rhyme, however "The" was indeed the correct article. No musician was he, however the word looked similar...indeed only two letters ought to be changed.
Woodworm (Woodworm)
Username: Woodworm

Post Number: 1997
Posted on Friday, September 24, 2010 - 11:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

He is surely a magician: The Great Zucchini!

Incidentally, in the UK this is called a courgette, and there was a lovely story on yesterday's news about a woman who repelled a bear (!) using a courgette:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/sep/23/woman-scares-charging-bear-courgette

Ursus zucchinius ... I was considering using it for a puzzle but you beat me to the zucchini.

By the way, we don't have mirlitons either. It's a squash-like vegetable from the New Orleans area, I think. I learned it from a Chris Smither song. It comes in handy at Scrabble.

Post Number: 117
Posted on Friday, September 24, 2010 - 3:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And that is enough for the ****SPOILER**** as below! Thanks Woodworm!! Yes, I thought he was called the Great Zucchini because he was made of zucchini. How embarrassing, LOL...(It's called a courgette on Neopets, too, so I suppose they must be based in the UK?)

He is surely a magician: The Great Zucchini!

Incidentally, in the UK this is called a courgette, and there was a lovely story on yesterday's news about a woman who repelled a bear (!) using a courgette:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/sep/23/woman-scares-charging-bear-courgette

Ursus zucchinius ... I was considering using it for a puzzle but you beat me to the zucchini.

By the way, we don't have mirlitons either. It's a squash-like vegetable from the New Orleans area, I think. I learned it from a Chris Smither song. It comes in handy at Scrabble.

Post Number: 4416
Posted on Tuesday, September 20, 2011 - 12:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And belatedly, the mods have fixed my name on it. Well...semi-fixed. Sometimes it's there and sometimes not...o.O Why would that be? Anyway, thanks muchly to teh modly kitteh who finally put my name in front!! =) now if only could figure out how to make it be there all the time...

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: